Shit videogame design choices

>Perk 1: Increases overall damage done
>Perk 2: Decreases overall damage taken

>perks

>Be able to carry only two guns at a time

Payday 2 is the absolute worst at perk balance.
I haven't played it in a year but they literally changed the meta every 3-4 months because of how unbalanced everything is just to prevent people from becoming comfortable with one build.

holy shit lindybeige has a piece?

what video was this in?

>supperssors lower damage and accuracy

>automatic weapon damage increased
>semi automatic weapons damage increase
>pistols damage increase
>"legendary" weapons with arbitrary magic like bonuses in a fucking sci fi game
literaly the single most retarded thing I have ever witnessed in a video game
"caugh" "Fallout fou..." "caugh"

>CHECK OUT THIS LEGENDARY ROLLING PIN
>IT SHOCKS/FREEZES ENEMIES

>gamma gun with bonus damage to ghouls
>guns with infinite magazines
I'm not saying Fallout is the last bastion of logic and perfect sense, but there comes a point when you're just making Skyrim with guns.

>Perks at all

>Class based game
>Classes overlap all the time instead of being good/bad at different things

>character has long-ass dialogue that is unnecessary where they only have something important at the end

>Shadow Warrior 2
>loot gem
>increases damage by 1.487%
>hop through menu for 2 minutes to equip it
>constantly have to pause game to do this boring shit

>checking that stuff more frequently than once an hour

>ranged attacks with no risk have equivalent/greater DPS to melee high risk attacks
runescape and darksouls

I think its just a model, it was in the video on suppressors.

One of my gripes with Rainbow Six:Siege. I want to be a sneaky operator, not turn my SMG into a BB gun

as much this guy always get the point in his vids, i really fucking hate how he feels smug about anything he explain, wish those kind of people kept their objectivism in a neutral way.
his infinite ranting just like skallagrim made me unsub both because it just irks me all the time.
Now i just rather google shit i wanna know about weapons.

>Choice adds a bonus so minor that you don't even notice anything because the developers only give you the illusion of choice rather than actually allowing you to customise your character in a significant manner because they couldn't be bothered to actually balance the game for multiple viable builds

You have to min max if playing on high difficulties otherwise the bullet sponge enemies are literally unkillable

I've just been ignoring most of that gem shit unless it's a good blue or orange.
What the fuck were they thinking putting in all those white +0.09182% damage against big guys gems?

>this triple rocket launcher has a bayonet
>50% more melee damage

>Enemies infinitely respawn until the player runs past an invisible checkpoint which makes them stop spawning.

There should be a rule that all numerical upgrades are at least 10% otherwise you literally can't even tell the difference and it's dull as hell

>Game has a limited amount of badguys to kill for exp and shit
>Except this one fucking section

oh, you actually bothered with those

This and the regen shield are things that were designed around halo and work only with halo.

>boss battle
>use restorative items but die
>autosaves upon death then respawns you
>outside boss room but without your healing items or ammo

Perk 1: +10 energy resistance
Perk 2: You find slightly more money

>when money is almost worthless and you find 500+ resist armor lying around

5% is my rule of thumb since it's 1/20

And about when I can feel it with things like attack speed

>Perk 1: Boost to xp gain or something
>Perk 2: More skillpoints every level

>Perk for bonus skillpoints each level
>It isn't retroactive so if you don't get it as early as possible your character won't be as good late-game.

see, THIS is artificial difficulty

anything that makes the game become exponentially easier with meta knowledge is a shitty mechanic. i.e., locations of bonfires in dark souls. you can spend an hour walking around like a retard, or just walk straight to it and skip all the difficulty

If you meant this ad a toggle-able selection you have to make then it's okay IMO. It rewards not taking damage (since you'll take more damage per hit) by dealing more damage, but if you're bad you can live longer even if it takes longer for you to kill shit.