If Sony made Splatoon they would probably sell it on the digital store for $20, no one here would play it or praise it...

If Sony made Splatoon they would probably sell it on the digital store for $20, no one here would play it or praise it. Splatoon is basically Nintendo's Fat Princess in terms of primarily online focused team vs team game, except Sup Forums eats it up for a $60 price tag because the Wii U was so deprived of games.

OK

k

alright friendo

Yes, and?

Sup Forums is hypocritical as fuck

What did you hope to accomplish with this thread?

its almost like Sup Forums isnt one person or something

>one game that was constantly update throughout the year with varying and new weapons, maps, game modes and weekly contests while also containing a single player campaign
>the other, a class based multiplayer game that stayed the same throughout its lifespan beyond just 3 new classes.

Fat princess is fun but nowhere near as large as splatoon in the amount of care out into it.

Splatoon is big enough to even start off Nintendo's own section of esports games.

>two years later Sonyggers are still assdamaged about Splatoon

Jesus Christ

Except Splatoon has more modes, more weapons mor maps, and a campaighn. Stay salty, beeyotch.

you got a point to this faggot?

literally the best 60 shekels I ever spent

go splat yourself OP

suicidefags on overwatch

Is this bait? Like, are you just pretending to be a mad Sony fan in an attempt to mock the fanbase?

How can you compare both games when one was a "literal who" to many until they released that sony smash?

Thats my point, its not a bad game though

>They're both cartoony and mainly online so I'll just assume they have the same amount of content
If you at least try to inform yourself a little your shitposting will be more effective.

Splatoon is cute and appealing where Fat Princess ... I mean didn't that game come out in like 2009? I don't know ... I've never payed close attention to it

Everyone in the world is a hypocrite, user. It's a part of human nature.

if you're autistic, yeah

Or maybe Sup Forums is full of different people who like different things

Shit thread aside, Fat Princess was pretty neat for casual adhoc play. One of the better PSP multiplayer games.

Fat Princess was cute and appealing in its own way, yes.
I wish there'd be a sequel with some interesting, in-depth mechanics and variety to the base gameplay.
But alas.

...Your point being?

You need to stay fresh duder.

Don't fucking use Fat Princess to shitpost. Fat Princess was a fantastic MP game, the sequel was garbage because Sony can't do good twice in a row. Splatoon was great, the sequel can die in a fire next to Switch.

You literally cannot prove that statement. faggot.

>Still butthurt that Splatoon sold more than Bloodborne

>sequel
You mean Fistful of Cake? Cause that was just the PSP Port.

Fat Princess was not marketed at all, I would not know the game exists had it not been in PS All Stars or whatever the smash clone is.
People really underestimate the power of marketing. Even shit like YOU'RE A SQUID NOW, YOU'RE A KID NOW was memeable enough to actually break into the mainstream.

Fat Princess Adventures, a fucking 4 player coop piece of shit.

What does that have to do with what OP is saying?

>Look this up
No wonder I've never heard of it.

There are external factors other than who developed it on what system.

>If Sony made Splatoon they would probably sell it on the digital store for $20, no one here would play it or praise it

That says a lot more about Sony than it does about the Nintendo fanbase, my dude.

>it's bad to sell splatoon 25 euros
>it's normal to sell overwatch 60$ without story mode, less builds, and a paid roulette to get costumes

>$60 price tag
Splat was $40 on launch and had free content up until the very end. At least inform yourself before shitposting.

I would have bought splatoon but the 2 maps every 4 hours thing made me not care about it.

Except Nintendo is the only company willing to poor money into making and advertising a game like that. If Sony had made Splatoon it would have looked worse, played worse, have less content, less features, and be forgotten by Sony in a week and given away with ps plus in 4-5 months.

>Wii U was so deprived of games
But that's wrong, while the console itself was shit it did have games. Wii U owners didn't have to wait 4 years to get their hands on a second title like the PS4.
Not that I care. I got both.

Fat Princess is great but it doesn't have the same mass appeal and the marketing push of Splatoon.

Just made me realize the PS4 only started getting games (except for Bloodborne) only after the WiiU was dead, which is great since I have both and I'm not getting a Switch on release.

As someone who has played multiplayer shooters since weehood, Splatoon is incredibly unique and is still worth revisiting even now.
The atmosphere and aesthetics are incredibly pleasing and bizarre, which make it stand out remarkably well.

Fat Princess is neither unique nor visually remarkable.
I wouldn't say Splatoon justifies its $60 pricetag to the average consumer, but for those who can get into it, it's absolutely worth it.

How often do dedicated Fat Princess fans revisit their game?
Does such a fanbase even exist?

Getting a console on release is usually a very bad deal in most cases. By the end of the year, if all goes well, there will be plenty of reasons to buy a switch, but no matter how good one game may be I can never justify buying a console for that.
I didn't get a PS4 just for BB, I won't get a Switch just for Zelda either.

Unrelated, but does anyone know a good 250/500GB HDD that will work on Wii U?

Was thinking about buying a flash drive but everyone recommends against it.

Are you gonna hack?

any sata will do as long its not a cheap chinese one. remember to buy the two head usb and to use the USB port below, not above.

Already have, just tired of using Loadiine and want to install games.

I know, I got my WiiU about a year after release for Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101 and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
Just got my PS4 for Blooborne, Yakuza 0 and Nioh
Will probably get a Switch by the holidays if something else is announced I'm excited about Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey

I got a Wii U earlier than planned because there was a really sweet deal on a dept store during holiday season. I bought the MK8 pack plus DKTF and two amiibos but half of the price of that whole purchase was given back as a coupon that could be used to buy whatever was for sale on the rest of the dept store.
That purchase alone made me save over $180 with holiday gifts and other stuff.