Nintendo Switch Online Price

"Perhaps as high as $30. The Nintendo Switch will require a paid subscription for online gaming, and we now have an idea of how much it will cost: 2,000-3,000 yen per year, which is between $17.63 and $26.44"

I'm just glad it won't be $60-70. Paying to play online at all is pretty shit, but $20/year is pretty much a best case scenario if we have to pay.

Do you think its still too much?

It's still going to get jack shit in terms of multiplatform games, so basically they're now charging me to play smash online, which is a cunt move

$20-30 is just the intro price
It'll be up to $50-60 in a couple years. They want to ease you into it.

Enjoy your roms

Arms looks fun desu.

Screenshotting this post so that I can blow your ass out later years down the road

20$ a year is actually pretty not expensive wow.

This.

$30 a year isn't bad, but the lightly hug of it staying there is wishful thinking.

That is pretty autistic, you know

>haha I'll show this user years later that he was wrong about a multiplayer subscription price

Not really, I don't. As long as the quality of the servers aren't complete shit, I'm fine with it.
I'll pay whatever I have to to play Monster Hunter online with an actual controller in my hands.

There are people that pay to play multiplatform games online on consoles?

that's actually really good, and if it means being able to play 4 player smash online properly and not dropping games in splatoon I'm all for it

The price is not what bothers me. It's the lack of knowing what are we getting for paying this fee?

>paying to play online
>paying for a Nintendo bare bones online

LOL

those people are called Sup Forums

>It's the lack of knowing what are we getting for paying this fee?
The ability to play online

Paid online is pretty cancer, but so is this new obsession with "FREE" games for paying to play online.

You realize PS4 online is like 15 bucks a MONTH, right

>B-B-BUT ITS TOTALLY WORTH IT ON XBOX/PLAYSTATION
>WE ONLY PAY $20 A MONTH AND GET FREE™ GAMES THAT YOU ABSOLUTELY CANNOT BUY FOR $5 IN THE BARGAIN BIN AT WALMART!

> freemium games are cancer
> paid online is cancer

Make up your mind

How about letting people host their own servers for online games like they can on PC?

What do either of those things have to do with each other?
Freemium games are always cancer because they're built from the ground up to just be skinnerboxes that are just annoying enough to play that you spend money

and Paid online is cancer unless they're hosting really fucking good servers to justify the price, but thanks to Xbox they still just charge you for P2P multiplayer

>I-I-IT'S OKAY WHEN NINTENDO DOES IT RIGHT?!

No one is saying its a good thing, just that they're doing it better because it only costs way less

They only charge $20 because they have no good games to play online desu senpai

The only two games we even know of that will have online are MK8 Switch and Spla2n. Hardly worth the cost.

lmao people actually doing a 1:1 exchange on yen to US$

yeah cus that's how all companies do global pricing

Monster Hunter will never not be on handhelds from here on out, user. They're developed with Japs and Jap urban lifestyles in mind, not baka gaijins who live out in the middle of bumfuck nowhere rural towns.

But user, Intro price is free till winter

Good thing he'll be able to play it on the Switch then, and with an actual controller.

Fall, actually
Incidentally when Splatoon 2 comes out

So yeah, they're not charging for it until there's actually a FUCKING GAME TO PLAY ONLINE

Wow. Great deal.

What about MK8?
If what Sup Forums says is true, and no one bought a Wii U, it won't even matter that its a port since no one played it in the first place

$20, I'm fine with that, at least it's not $60 but at least with Microsoft you get what you payed for and a good service.

Splatoon 2 comes out summer, retard.

>consoles
paying for online services

Can't really complain about that price, still wish it was free instead though

until they start paying my internet carrier for the data it uses it's never gonna be worth it

This
Its shitty enough that I still have to have internet with a 100GB data cap in 2017, its driving me fucking crazy that everyone wants to charge me extra to use my already absurdly overpriced internet

Mario kaft, smash, bomberman, arms, splat on.. sounds good to me

>trying to make a thread about Nintendo on Sup Forums without using blatant bait
You should have just made a thread claiming it would be $100/month and let people correct you or something OP, no one cares when nice things happen,

>100GB data cap in 2017

australia?

Its $5 a month

>If what Sup Forums says is true, and no one bought a Wii U
The fuck? It isn't """""Sup Forums"""" that says this. Wii U is an objective failure. The sales numbers is what says no one bought it.

>No one owned a Wii U and as a result never got to play any of the cool exclusives it got

>The Switch ports of Wii U games are still literally worthless though because everyone already played those games on the Wii U

>Its $5 a month
Not if you pay the one month plan, instead of the yearly plan.

None of those games are worth the purchase price or the subscription fee

they look like more failed party games

yes, some people dont like to use hacks so when they actually want to play videogames they go to console

>If what Sup Forums says is true, and no one bought a Wii U, it won't even matter that its a port since no one played it in the first place
If it didn't convince people to buy a Wii U, why would it convince people to buy a Switch? Switch is even more expensive, even less powerful and has even less 3rd party support, not to mention the doubt people have now after the Wii U bombed. The Wii U didn't even have that going against it

As long as they require it on a per-game basis that utilizes dedicated servers, I'm okay with this.

But if it's required for all multiplayer games including P2P ones such as Pokémon, they can fuck right off.

The "I play multiplats on consoles because of hackers :^)" meme is pretty much on the same level as "I buy Mac because it never gets viruses (^:"

Not only is it wrong, but it lets everyone know that you're kind of retarded and fall for basic marketing bullshit

>Monster Hunter ends up being free to play online

>Wii U
>cool exclusives
Pick one

Wii U cool exclusives.

You're a husk

The one thing Wii U has going for it is that it has a bunch of really good exclusives

wat

I own one and I can safely say that no it does not
It has a bunch of mediocre exclusives that are inferior to their predecessors

I own two Wii Us and I can safely say that your mother was a slut with a gaping smelly vagina
She has two mediocre titties that are inferior to her predecessors

yeah, still a little pricey for someone like me who doesn't actually play games

> smash 4 is inferior to brawl
> Mario kart 8 is inferior to 7
> Dong freeze is inferior to DKCR
> Yarn Yoshi is inferior to whatever the fuck the previous yoshi game was, New Island or something

Well, at least shitposting on Sup Forums is free

Damn, when did Wonderful 100 come out?

$20/yr might be "ok" with that Game of the Month service, but it's stupid they don't let you keep the game after the month is up.

Probably will get a Switch, but skeptical of the online.

>but it's stupid they don't let you keep the game after the month is up.
At least this way they can keep cycling games around I guess, otherwise they'd end up like Games for Gold and PS+ who have to scrape the bottom of the barrel harder and harder each month because they give away games faster than their platforms can get them