COMFY Zelda Breath of The Wild Thread

These threads have been pretty great, posting webms of new footage

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YuKmBZb3af0
boards.Sup
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

we miss you

why does ubisoft think that labeling every fucking thing on the map makes it content

I just finished off Black Flag recently and it was one of the most excruciating gaming experiences of my life.

I am never trying to 100% an open world game again. With Zelda, I'll explore and see whatever looks interesting, but I'm going to make sure I don't get autistic with marking things.

Goddamn I love spears. What could be manlier than poking some tiny metal twig wielding asshole with your 6 ft pole of death

That's hilariously awesome. You know, maybe I sound like a huge faggot, but I'm kind of contemplating actually preordering this game on Wii U. I feel like the Switch version is going to get way more copies and people on the Wii U are going to be left in the fucking dust. I don't remember the whole Twilight Princess stuff. Was there any scarcity on the gamecube version?

>COMFY

>We are under attack!
>We should finish whacking our wood before we arm up.

jesus christ whats up with those frame rate drops?

it's a nintendo console

If you look carefully they are picking up their clubs resting on the wood.

They were grabbing their weapons, because they were unarmed.

There are none in that shot. Aiming while in the air initiates bullet time, and hitting enemies with a spin attack slows down for dramatic effect.

The clubs are leaning on the tree, they're running to grab them

That's where they stash their weapons. Yes, you can sneak into a camp and steal them all before they can even pluck them out.

Game slows down when you hit enemies with a spin attack. No big deal.

They aren't whacking wood! :O

>Autistic, over-explaining Zelda defense force
...Huh. We really are that bad, aren't we.

Why are comfy threads so fucking good?

I was a dumb faggot who bought both the Wii and GameCube versions of TP as a kid. I ended up beating it on GCN because it took me forever to find a Wii, but the Wii consoles themselves were the only thing that was scarce. It was pretty easy to find GameCube copies of TP just floating around, it wasn't until a year or two that it kind of just faded off of shelves and became more scarce.

Worst case scenario is that it'll do the same thing, really.

>responding to your statement

A thought came to mind.

Its been shown that some areas may be filled with more dangerous creatures than others, as in they may very well one shot you early game.

Does this not restrict a players freedom artificially?

Yes you can go to say, death mountain but good luck making it through. Instead it would be more practical to go to the forest to build up your strength and transition to death mountain over time.

So yes you have the OPTION to go anywhere but due to difficulty spikes, you are forced out of practicality to easier areas.

>Write shitpost in attempt to prove game is bad
>Get eternally BTFO by people who have eyes.
>N-NINTENDO DEFENSE FORCE

Well yeah thats the optimal design of open world games. It should be like that. It gives the player extra excitement trying to challenge an area they clearly shouldn't be in.

Nintendo said they wanted people to figure out the normal way through by how much damage enemies do.

Okay cool. Thanks for reasoning, user.

I like the idea as long as they end up restricting you in clusters of options and don't completely funnel you. It seems realistic to me that the end game areas would be patrolled by tougher enemies while the fringes and calmer areas would have lighter patrols.

So walking through Death Mountain your first time may fuck you over, but you can either choose to plan it wisely and be a god at dodging/combat, or you can stay in the forests, plains, and rivers and smaller mountain areas. Seems like it'd just reward planning and smart players, while giving the easier players a more natural hint method at where they should and shouldn't be. I'd much prefer to figure out that I'm not supposed to go somewhere because I got wrecked by a giant monster, than be forced to it by a map marker/shouting partner/blinking arrow.

*responding

It's a bit like Terraria.

Sure you could make a beeline run to the underground jungle to get some swag jungle armor and grass blade, but do you really enjoy getting eternally one shot by man eaters and hornets?

My biggest concern is that Nintendo screws up beef gate placement and allows people to cleverly bypass challenges by picking up endgame treasures.

I understand the logic, just open worlds are....open so I thought the freedom would be more prominent.

Sounds like my escapades in Loz 1. Ran into death mountain by accident and got gang banged. Wasnt fun.

I can't wait to experiment with what kinds of extra stats are put in the game.
First thing I'm going to try is gif related.

>so I thought the freedom would be more prominent.
It is.
You're free to go where ever, just as you're free to get rekt by enemies you can't do shit about because you went to the wrong neighbourhood.

oh sorry didnt mean to reply that user
you can keep that (you) on the house

You have the 9/11 version?

Yup, playing with the physics looks like it may be fun. Excited to see what kinds of weird and crazy things you can do

Why do I have a feeling this game is going to suffer the same enemy variety issues that SS faced, where it was just recolors of 6-10 generic enemies throughout the entire game?

We've already seen more than 10 uniique enemies, and 95% of footage has been soley from the plateau.

It will, but like the Bokoblins in SS, they'll probably end up wearing armor and using some advanced gear.

Git Gud and you can go anywhere

Thanks user. I am going to go straight to Ganon and be a hero!

Post your favorite Zelda music game.

youtube.com/watch?v=YuKmBZb3af0

Leak when

JUST TAKE MY MONEY ALREADY NINTENDO

I think the brown ones are the strongest bokoblin variant

>I am going to go straight to Ganon and be a hero!

More like Ganon gonna fuck that boipussy.

I don't think you can use monopoly money to purchase real life goods user

I do remember the GC copy of TP being hard to find but if you specifically look for it on launch day you should be fine. Worst case scenario, there's always the digital version.

>a fucking leaf

>A FUCKING LEAF

kill yourselves

Rude.

Day of The Rake when?

Coloured money is objectively better than ALL GREEN. Not only is it pretty, you can also tell the amount without looking at a number on it.

>a fucking leaf!
>haha Sup Forums memes sure are funny especially in completely unrelated boards in completely unrelated threads am i funny yet?

take your underage shit outta here

Before you go around calling people names, explain why did you even show all that money in the first place.

A fucking leaf.

He's not me. I was just expressing my enthusiasm for Zelda and Switch.

>unironically being Canadian

>unironically pretending Sup Forums is Sup Forums

>I understand the logic, just open worlds are....open so I thought the freedom would be more prominent.

What you're saying makes sense, but if the game wasn't designed like that it would lose the sense of progression

that's how its supposed to be

I just wanted to talk about videogames

A fucking leaf.
I bet you get triggered on there about it too, lmao it's a meme you dip.

>artificially
If I could make it through Cauldros at Lv.20, I see no reason as to why I can't go straight to Death Mountain when the game starts.

I've browsed Sup Forums about 3 times and it was a dumpster fire each time. Keep your shitty awoo and leaf memes in your containment board and squeeze your Trump dakimura.

Annnnnnnd this is why everyone hates Sup Forums

although it makes it real easy to find newfags

this game doesn't look like a Zelda anymore :(
now it's a hollow shell of what once looked to be an exciting instalment.

A fucking leaf.

Says the guy who reponds to shit poster who then respond back.
Also
A fucking leaf.

:/

>>>>>boards.Sup Forums.org/pol/

It's not our fault, blame the leaf.

have a sexy Link

Oi fuckkkkin leaf m8!

Fuck off to a husbando thread fag

Does anyone think this area is a dungeon? I know that there are only four main dungeons because of the divine beasts etc etc BUT the world seems way too big to only have that amount. It could be Hyrule Castle but it also could be a side quest dungeon or something you stumble across. What do you guys think?

Check out. It 100% looks like a zelda game to me.

haha, nope

The world itself is pretty much one giant dungeon. There's enemies, puzzles and bosses. Even if theres only 4 "actual dungeons" i'm sure the world will be full of dungeon like areas.

I think it's a Sheikah outlaw camp or something. The buildings suggest it's in the overworld.

>BOTW still hasn't leaked
There has to be someone out there that has this game. I want to play this fucking game already.

>four dungeons
wait that was confirmed? I thought that was a rumor...

AFAIK the 4 giant mechs are dungeons. It worries me because that could mean they're really small.

There is, he's called Eiji Aonuma
For real though, what the hell happens after a game goes gold?
Minor bug fixes or just sending that shit to the factories?

Nintendo probably has this shit under lock and key. Might as well wait until launch day.

Shit that's kinda disappointing honestly, I guess compromises had to come in somewhere considering how many systems are at work in the world and how much weird detail there is in everything

Going gold means they've completely finished. After a game goes gold, the only thing to do afterwards is to work on the DLC and start printing the game.

They've already spoiled too much IMO. I would have rather seen the characters, divine beasts, and first boss for myself.

Gold means it's done and the factories start producing the disks / cartridges that the games run on, followed by shipping them off around the world.

Maybe we got temples beside dungeons?
I mean, nintendo was always secretive about what lies besides the great plateau. I'd be pretty disappointed if there isn't at least a temple.

You can't detonate bombs while shield surfing.

If you could I'm pretty sure you'd just blow up.

Yeah I expect some places in the overworld with some practical problem solving at least. Hopefully more advanced than simply using trees for bridges and stuff though.