Are you guys enjoying Persona 5 so far? I love the steelbook

Are you guys enjoying Persona 5 so far? I love the steelbook.

>he didn't preorder the steelbook

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7pGn26IbcBw
youtube.com/watch?v=ZDmim1gMw5s
youtube.com/watch?v=Lp8vQPmYAEU
youtube.com/watch?v=MtQfg5ktK6M
youtube.com/watch?v=MnHqMeGR-rE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I love pancakes.

>GameFaqs had Europe listed for receiving the game on Valentine's Day
I sure hope that was just an overlooked error, or I will have to flee for the mountains to avoid spoilers.

What do you even get for preordering? Do we get the soundtrack disks like Japan did?

Goro shoots you.

Man this joke isn't gonna get old!

What? I thought it was out on April 4th.

We could have been playing the game right now if it wasn't for retarded weaboo subfags.

Dude they're everywhere, keep it down.

I want this so bad. Damn the delays

>this is what dubfags actually believe

What was the whole deal about that?

It was delayed yet again because a vocal minority bitched they didn't want to listen to english voices.

They were just too gun ho about that valentine's day release...

nothing

Atlus or SEGA or whoever threw an autistic bitchfit when the guy voicing Ryuji pronounced his name "Ree-you-gee Sook-on-muh-toe"

Why you asshole, why?!!!!

>yfw weaboos had NOTHING to do on Valentine's Day

It was delayed because the localization team was half-assing it and Atlus Japan came and told them to get their shit together.

you could say they took your heart on valentine's day

>LE WEEABOOS XD
Epic 9gag tier humor

I would too if you know you're voicing a japanese character and you go full retard pronouncing simple words.

Did you take the time out of your sex life to think of that comeback?

damn....owned....mind if post this on r/Sup Forums?. i wanna get all the upvotes :)

>Atlus was doing SUCH a shit job on the localization/dub of this game that Atlus JPN came by and told them to fucking re-do it and delayed the game.

Go ahead senpai, maybe you'll get more upvotes than the days you went without sex.

>drones still blame the dual audio
How does AtlusUSA do it?

Are all persona fans newfags?
How do you faggots fall for the same bait every goddamn day?

I've been hearing this for quite awhile, but have never seen any source on it.

You shoot back, thats why he has one eye

He's not blaming the dual audio. He's blaming ATLUS USA for doing a such a shit tier job that the motherland had to swing by and tell them to get their shit together.

My friend worked on the translation project. As far as I can tell, he was super busy, sometimes 12 hours days, and sometimes had to continue working at home.

From what I gathered, they were running behind on the translation. Sometimes, he mentioned that a single demon had bunch of dialogue or had to be fit according to what the demon represented (it is a old granny demon that speak like a 5 year learning to speak).

I think Atlus USA really didn't think this much though when they announced the release date.

definitely preordered the specal edition

If this is a lie it's a really boring lie, so it's probably true.
I'd believe it; USA definitely seemed shocked by the scope of the game. Definitely more believable than the "Nips had to come slap them around" weeb fever dream.

ugh I wish they would finish this bullshit so they can start localizing EOV

Wouldn't surprise me. Translators and localizers do hang out here (I'm one of them). And that does sound about right for video game translation.

I could go on more detail, but in doing so, I might reveal friend's identity.

I don't believe the "i have a friend at atlus" thing, but I definitely think that you're right on the whole "Atlus USA really didn't think this much though when they announced the release date" front. P5's demons have a metric fuck tonne of dialogue - in my playthrough I don't think I met a single demon that used the same dialogue in negotiations that any other one had used, and there is a shit tonne more text in the game in general.

This is the dumbest shitpost I see in every one of these threads because this and if they didn't have to do their shitty dub, they wouldn't have to waste as much money and time on trying to coax Yuri lowenthal into vomiting into the mic like he always does.

>I think Atlus USA really didn't think this much though when they announced the release date.
I think they decided on the release date before they actually got the game, and then realized there was far more to translate than they initially thought.

It's for the dub, not the sub.

It was actually Sega, not atlus

Watch the stream. Atlus CEO showed up and said something along the lines of "we had to re-record some of the lines to improve the quality of the game", obviously referring to the dub.

>steelbook
But what do I do with the old case?

Yeah but it's okay when Yumi Kawamura or Lotus Juice butchers the English language right? Faggot bandwagon nu-weebs like you are why the series doesn't use honorifics anymore either
>BUT IT'S LE CRINGY TO SEE HONORIFICS IN LE ENGLISH!!!!! MY NORMALFAG FRIENDS WILL MAKE FUN OF ME
Yeah because bandwagon nu-weebs like you have never even picked up a translated manga in you lives.

>Lotus Juice butchers the English language
Lotus Juice is fluent in English and speaks on a level on par with native speakers, he doesn't butcher the language.

>With a long range weapon or suicide bomber
>Wicked mind is a weapon of mass destruction
>Whether your stowaway's son or BBC 1
>Dis-information is a weapon of mass destruction
>You could a Caucasian or a poor Asian
>Racism is a weapon of mass destruction

Yeah because this is considered fluent in English to the level of a native speaker

Hang yourself nu-weeb

youtube.com/watch?v=7pGn26IbcBw
His English is pretty fucking good.

AtlusJP had to step in to assist with the localization. Dual audio was compensation for the delay, not the reason for it.
52:56
youtube.com/watch?v=ZDmim1gMw5s

>Dude that basically grew up in fucking New Jersey
>Not fluent
Retard.

Yes, damn those subfags for sabotaging the translation, and forcing Atlus USA to redo the shitty work!

Shit like this wouldn't happen if Atlus JP behaved like any sensible company, and gave the assets to localization team before the game was out in Japanese.

>Atlus JP behaved like any sensible company, and gave the assets to localization team before the game was out in Japanese.
They did. Atlus USA's voice director tweeted that they'd wrapped up dubbing back in August, and Atlus USA got the game when it went gold, which was May last year.

It was in the stream in which the delay and dual-audio were announced. The given reason for delay was that there was way more translating/dubbing work than originally anticipated, and that they had to re-do some of the already finished voices.

>AtlusJP had to step in to assist with the localization.
No they didn't. That man is Naoto Hiraoka, president of Atlus USA. You're making assumptions just because he spoke Japanese.

Keep seizing on Lotus Juice because it supports your narrative faggot. Next try defending Kawamura or Hirata

Well considering how godawful the English voices are...

B-B-B-BUT THE SUBFAGS

youtube.com/watch?v=Lp8vQPmYAEU
Thread Theme

I'm not here to defend people, I'm here to call you a retard.

pre-ordered the take your money edition. here's to hoping the bag is made of some sort of half decent material and the artbook is okay

The artbook is the same one bundled with the Japanese LE.
It's shit.

Given how clueless Atlus USA has been about everything, I doubt they received things timely. And even if they did get the game just when it was finalized in Japan, it's still pretty dated localization. Persona 5 has shitton of interest in West, so you'd think Atlus would've taken hint and gone for near-simultaneous release.
Also, weren't they just holding voice-cast auditions at the time of E3 last year? If they seriously finished the recording between that and August, no fucking wonder it was shoddy work.

>Also, weren't they just holding voice-cast auditions at the time of E3 last year?
No? They had already decided on Morgana's English voice by E3 at the least.

too bad i guess. well luckily the main reason i bought that edition was for the soundtrack and the fact that i could get it for 80 euros. so for 20 more than the game on it's own

God, I was fucking screaming at my monitor during that stream.
People in these threads are the biggest retards on the planet.

You're the retarded nu-weeb faggot, fucking cuck

I go the CE. 76 bucks from amazon.

The only one cucked here is you, buddy. How'd your Valentines date with Persona 5 go?

youtube.com/watch?v=MtQfg5ktK6M

P5's dungeon music is so fucking good.
youtube.com/watch?v=MnHqMeGR-rE

What a good shill

Ask your mom

My mom said you got dumped.

I got the collectors edition faggot

Reminder that both sides are at fault here.

Altus Japan didn't give USA the script until Japanese release day, giving USA a whopping less than 5 months to put together a localization. Why they gave USA the script so late who the fuck knows but because of the lack of time, USA pulled a shitty job that made the game delayed to gain more time to fix.

Hardin, in his infinite arrogance, still thinks the dub is better no matter what which gave USA a terrible image. Great job for a man that is the head of PR. He also quit his job and won't be working for USA from Friday onwards

So for compensation, because Japan knew they fucked IO by giving USA the script so late and knew that the localization won't be as good as the last Personas, they have the west dual audio

>Altus Japan didn't give USA the script until Japanese release day
That's factually untrue. They wrapped up initial English voice recording in August.
They got the game when it went gold, which is May 2016. The game released in Japan in September.

Atlus JP have no control over dual audio, the only people with the decision on that are the VA's agencies, and literally every VA who has been involved with P5 has also had their rights allowed in western games. In games like Conception 2, which Atlus JP didn't have anything to do with, they still only released them with English audio, it's an Atlus USA decision.
Atlus USA were simply to cheap to pay for dual audio and caved when people were demanding it more than ever and the dub was getting criticism.

rip anne

Thanks dude!
only 16 more bucks than base game. Only 6 more than CAN. Fuck off.