>hate romance
>I want to senselessly abuse animals, but Eder won't let me
>support romance
>Vancian was a mistake
>quantity over quality
>Kenshiro is a big meme

starting

>Kenshiro is a big meme

He was before you pieces of shit decided to ruin it for everybody because you're easily offended by a fictional characters morals. What a fantastic contribution to Sup Forums history.

starting for real!!

Who the fuck is Carrie Patel? A writer?

yeah

Narrative designer or something and writing aloth.

She and Olivia Vera wrote some decent stuff in the first game.

8TH COMPANION STRETCHGOAL CONFIRMED
FUGGG

Thanks, I've not been keeping up with Obsidian's current crop of writers

>8th companion hinted at

New stretch goal when!?

Nyah!

>>don't add romance until the sequel
>>best girl is not returning

Oh for fucks sake Avellone why couldnt you contain your autism long enough to write the next game's scripts for Durance and Grieving Mother

Do they fucking each other?

Nyah yourself.

>implying Josh would ever touch anything with short hair

It seemed like Josh deadpanned it. Was Carrie not supposed to let it slip yet?

i wan fug carri

TAKING QUESTIONS

QUICK

There wigs though. Nice, soft bird wigs.

>no pre-buffing
Preorder cancelled.

N...nyeh?

Aloth looks like a girl :)

Why does this moralfag hate it if I feel like hurting animals?
I can't stand writers who create these gritty medieval worlds and then inject modern day liberal values into them.

>hate it if I feel like hurting animals
When does that happen?

>not liking animals being tortured
>modern day liberal values into them.
You do know things like compassion and appreciation for animals (and LIFE) is way older than the 20th century, right? It's like thinking christianity invented morality.

In Deadfire according to Josh. He'll get fucking triggered if you bully animals.
What an absolute fucking joke Obsidian has turned into. This is Bioware-tier characterization.

BG2 WAS NOT ROCK PAPER SCISSORS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

reminds me of whichever faggot reviewed Skyrim for RPS

first thing he did after the tutorial was murdering a hunter because he was killing animals
only after killing the hunter, the hunter's dog also turned hostile
so he baww'd his eyes out because he had to kill a virtual dog

>You do know things like compassion and appreciation for animals

Have no place in a brutal fantasy world where death and worse is two steps behind you.
Fucking Song of Ice and Fire portrays this perfectly. Why did Obsidian pussy out?

Cleanse yourself of this bait.

WHAT THE FUCK?

>muh compassion

Generally this denotes a weakness in someone's character. That's true for modern times but doubly so for the old days.

Their stream on twitch (/obsidian)

What is this new meme

>natives
>fish-thing armada
>Vailian Republics
>Old Vailian pirates
>Yes-Man
Pick one.

>christianity invented morality
That's literally true though.
In previous cultures, at best the Golden Rule was mentioned in passing. Christianity made it a pivotal rule.

what meme do you refer to my friend

Some shitposter stalks PoE threads to cry about Eder.

ENHANCE.

spells locked depending on which god youre a priest of

YES

>priests get spells based on their god
Nice.

I'm not a fedora but you're being ridiculous, there were moral belief systems well before Christianity was even an idea

Did people not like the companion interactions in poe? Why is it such a big deal now?

That is untrue. Majority of chief deities belonging to religions of ancient civilizations were capable of feats of compassion and performed them in their respectable mythologies and their followers (which were most people that lived in specific territories) were urged to follow and emulate them. It is of course not the nonsense of lefties today where you get evicted from your house to make room for poor shitskins, but even Hamaval that belongs to fucking Nords that almost universally were raiders and murderers, spoke of compassion and courtesy in times of peace. Not that I'd expect you to actually know what you're talking about.

DUAL WIELD PISTOLS

>companion interactions in poe
They were non-existent.

Dual-wield blunderbusses.

This cunt has been posting the exact same post in every PoE 2 thread for the past couple of days and following it up with even more obvious bait, and everyone keeps falling for it.

Please stop.

That's just proof religions are not only irrational but cloud critical thinking.
Compassion has been and will always remain a weakness and inherent flaw in humanity. It weakens both you and whoever you bestow it upon whether man or beast.

>dual-wielding pistols
>Deep Pockets
>Quick Switch
>multiple sets of double-pistols you switch between super fast
oh my

That's your opinion and thankfully it wasn't your opinion that shaped and united humanity through its darkest times, like when the Black Death hit Europe and up to 70% of population died. I presented evidence and what came of it, you presented opinions.

Setting aside Judaism which you appear to find bereft of morality somehow, Buddhism predates Christianity by several centuries.

>Nords that almost universally were raiders and murderers,
nigga

The norse raiders were pretty rude to the continentals but their society wasn't bloodthirsty as such. Execution didn't even become a widespread form of punishment until way into christianity, especially after the state centralised in the 1500s.

But I guess this is kinda off-topic. Let's talk about PISTOLS instead.

That's why I mentioned "in times of peace". They had their own society and it was governed by their own rules, which were pretty interesting and I find fitting for all times and ages, with some exceptions.

>One's own house is best, though small it may be;
each man is master at home;
though he have but two goats and a bark-thatched hut
'tis better than craving a boon.

Hope my dark chocolate cloaca queen gets a good portrait.

> thankfully it wasn't your opinion that shaped and united humanity through its darkest times,

Different cultures, different people, different ethics. Humanity as a whole has done everything you can imagine. And felt fine with it as well. Cannibalism, rape, murder, genocide. All these things and more, things you and your simplistic child like black and white view of the world decree as unethical and immoral, have been, and currently, and will continue to be viewed as perfectly fine by various cultures, groups, and individuals.

Humanity is a kaleidoscope of gray, and refuses to be classified by your binary rule set.

>quoting pasta

Damn, man, you sank real low here.

What a fucking letdown.
Probably the best thing about NV was its down-to-earth writing, and then something like this comes along.

If you were born on the countryside, you know that what city people consider to be compassion has no fucking place in agriculture.
One of my childhood friends just helped a cow deliver her calf today. It was the cow's first pregnancy and it got into a shock and attacked the calf whenever they tried to bring it close to her. My friend had to beat her with a shovel to make her snap out of it. Liberal
>compassion
would've resulted in the calf starving to death and the mother going feral eventually.

There's a difference between applying force to a wounded or scared animal to bring it to its senses and torturing it for your amusement just because you can, since seeing things writhe in pain makes your weewee tingle, when a normal human being would feel a sinking pit in their stomach instead because they possess empathy and can imagine experiencing similar pain.

pillars 3
>2 companions
>party size max 2 (including the pc)
>unlimited casting
>main story is navigating through a love triangle

josh make it happen please

It's nothing more than an inherent weakness brought on by a chemical reaction in your brain. Compassion is another self-indulgent urge that needs to be quashed and not encouraged.

kek
I can't talk for Buddhism because I don't know it well, but if you think pre-Reconquista Judaism is anything like Judaism today then you're grossly mistaken.

Priest getting spells based on their god was the only interesting thing in that entire hour.

>torturing it for your amusement just because you can, since seeing things writhe in pain makes your weewee tingle
Who said anything about this?

8th companion was neat

These chemical reactions are a result of thousands upon thousands of years of nature doing trial and error and were one of the keys to us outsmarting and outwitting greater threats at the dawn of history, like other proto humans and some of the deadliest predators of ancient times. Nature knows better than a sociopath fedora on a taiwanese basketweawing forum. You'd probably be purged, if it weren't for human kindness allowing you to live today.

look mom I posted it again

Eder isn't PETA. He's not going to get angry if you hunt for food or kill wolves that are threatening you. The issue is needless cruelty. Literal puppy-kicking.

Literally everyone who isn't you. Eder only cares if you start being needlessly cruel. Killing wolves and shit is fine, threatening to stab someone's puppy to death isn't.

Did Carrie reveal that the blue aumaua guy is a Chanter?

>not dual wielding pistols and picking perks letting you cycle between four (4) sets of two(2) pistols which equates to eight (8) pistols on you in total

All Josh said is that it was "being cruel to animals"

Old news.

It's still just flawed human nature as a result of chemicals in your brain. Anyone who answers to base instinct that way is not self-actualized.

I hope you're not looking forward to enchanting anything.

Ah. We're just doing some straight up Nietzsche here then?

Nietzsche and Stirner are the only philosophers who knew fuckall about humanity.

>I want to senselessly abuse animals, but Eder won't let me
God that nigga in the previous thread was stupid but y'all were worse for arguing with his dumb ass.

In the twitch stream earlier? Didn't get a chance to watch it.

This is a setting where gods, souls, magic, and the afterlife actually exist. The soul of a cruel edgelord is markedly different than a kind, pure hearted individual and gods, ciphers, watchers and other magical creatures can literally see the difference. There are consequences to moral behavior beyond chemical reactions in the brain.

Eder is a goody two shoes farmhand, of course he doesn't want you to be needlessly cruel to cute and fluffy woodland creatures (the image is literally a bunny getting stabbed). The furry pirate fuck will probably encourage you to establish dominance and hurt them because the bunny has a bigger dick than he does, Eder grew up liking and respecting domesticated creatures.

From the same image, Eder doesn't like it when you shout and bark orders. That may very well get Kana's parrot aficionado sister soaking wet to have you establish a commanding presence and demand obedience. After everything you and Eder have been through, it's not surprising if he wants to be treated as more of an equal than the new chucklefucks

>Slaughter literally thousands of people of various fantasy races
>Kicking a stray dog is somehow going too far

I mean devil's advocate here it IS kind of retarded that this is what crosses the line

>. The soul of a cruel edgelord is markedly different than a kind, pure hearted individual and gods, ciphers, watchers and other magical creatures can literally see the difference.

How is this ANY different than D&D Alignments being objective forces of the universe and basically any other setting where good and evil are literal forces of nature? I thought Obsidian made a new setting to get away from that shit?

>>kill adults fully cognizant of their actions and resulting consequences who intentionally try to bring harm to you and those you care about
>>stab a bunny rabbit because LOL WHY NOT EDGE

Having an impressive body count of bandits and cultists and idiots who got in your way is one thing, actively being a sadist is another

One are sentient beings and the other are dumb animals
Same as real life, you notice how animal ''''rights'''' people don't seem to give a fuck about other humans but fall to pieces about dogs being euthanized?

People calling you an asshole because you do asshole things is not new.

This isn't debating moral relativism, when it's truly justified to take another life, what you should do with the Hollowborn souls, or any other remotely gray material. This is literally "Eder doesn't like it when you stab rabbits to death in front of him" and hyper autistic manchildren are raging that he's not their perfect henchman who goes along with their every twisted fantasy.

People whined that companions didn't interact enough and now our resident shitposter is furious he can't skullfuck kittens without his party members going "dude gross wtf"

Some do. Buddhists for example.

The point is that all your party members have blood on their hands in the thousands and it doesn't make sense for the setting Obsidian created to have characters getting pissy about animal cruelty.
Could you imagine what GRRM would say about this shit? It's the worst case of injecting modern sensibilities into a world where they do not belong.

What?

A person can deserve bad things as a consequence of their actions, animals (especially a fucking bunny dude why are you so fixated on harming housepets) are generally considered innocents who aren't capable of comprehending what is going on.

FOR EXAMPLE: Feeling bad about having to shoot a murderer's guard dogs but not feeling bad at all when you kill the scumbag himself. It's not the dogs' fault their owner was a piece of shit, they were just trying to be good dogs and were unfairly saddled with a bad owner.

People can be shitty and deserve bad things that happen to them. Animals can't , not to the same extent.

The people your party kills by and large totally have it fucking coming.

lol this is exactly how moralfags see the world.
You bad me good, it OK for me to kill your animals and kill you

Grow up faggot and grow out of these pitiful power fantasies where you get back at all the bullies who beat your ass and fucked your crush

>Could you imagine what GRRM would say about this shit?
I could. It'd probably be something along the lines of "What about Lord Raedric's tax policy?"

By what metric are we determining deserved / undeserved?

Nigger you're fucking retarded.

The Hound is a character who slaughters men for looking at him cross-eyed, and even he has a soft spot for his horse. Animal cruelty is a textbook sign of sociopathic behavior

>Could you imagine what GRRM would say about this shit?

taxes, penis, the more she drank the more she shat

Someone explain this to me

boards.fireden.net/v/thread/367510325/#367551019

I'm sorry you won't be able to live out your autistic dreams of torture and bloodshed while your legion of yes-men companions idly sit by and watch you harm innocents.

If you are actually incapable of seeing the difference between killing enemy combatants in self defense and taking a knife to housepets because LOL SO RANDOM EVIL then you are beyond help

They're just dumb animals.
Fuck there was just a case where two Russian girls bought a ton of dogs and cats from a shelter and then tortured them while streaming it live. This is what humans do sometimes rather than kill each other and let off steam on something nobody will miss. They're just fucking animals.

Didn't Cersei mention that Robert slapped Joffrey for gutting a pregnant stray cat?