Super Mario Bros. 2 may be the best of the original trilogy

Super Mario Bros. 2 may be the best of the original trilogy.

Other urls found in this thread:

themushroomkingdom.net/smb2_ddp.shtml
youtube.com/watch?v=nIphlDWl9XY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

MASTAPIECE

Why is Luigi so handsome? Do you have any more pictures of him?

Not even meming when I say that this is patrician taste

My niggas. Toad master race, all other playable characters need not apply.

>it's the least recognized and appreciated therefore it is the best
t. contrarian hipster "I liked it before it was cool" faggot

I disagree, although I do think it is generally underrated.

While I still consider 3 better, 2 has the best theme hands down. It's just so damn catchy

it's superior to SMB or SMB:tLL. Still think SMB3 is better, but anyway it's underrated

>anyone who likes a different thing is a contrarian hipster faggot and can't possibly like said thing for its own individuality and merits

I got you a gift, user.

SMB3 > SMB2 > SMB

>not picking Mario for the aesthetics

Never played Doki Doki panic, how does it compare? Is SMB2 literally just a reskin or did they put some effort into the game?

this

SMB2 is better than the first but you're just being a contrarian faggot if you say it's better than SMB3.

>Mario
>aesthetics

I'm not sure you was born when this game came out. It was played to death back then. Wasn't until the Internet became a thing people began the hate train on it.

>literally 10 second levels
>better than SMB2's god tier level design

SMB3's levels are all pathetically short. You cannot defend this.

But it's not even a real Mario game baka gaijin.

It's mostly the same with some minor updates
themushroomkingdom.net/smb2_ddp.shtml

SMB2 was originally developed as an experimental title that was going to be a sequel to SMB that had a focus on vertical platforming and co-op. During development, Nintendo was contracted to develop a game using characters from Yume Kojo. They used the work they already had done with the SMB2 prototype and released "The Lost Levels" in Japan as the sequel to SMB.

For all intents and purposes, SMB2 was originally conceived as a sequel to SMB.

I can't defend length, but the shorter level of 3 are usually packed dense with better platforming segments. Thought I have to say that 2 is the only mario game that comes close to Sonic into scratching the itch for big levels. They are the perfect size for mario, shame nintendo never capitalized on it

>the original plan for super mario 2 became a different game but it became super mario 2 in the us
that's meta as fuck

If it wasn't for SMB2, we wouldn't have Bob-ombs, Shy Guys, or Birdos in Mario, and then where would we be?

SMB2 is the contrarian choice.

We wouldn't have Pokeys either.

>my first game ever wasn't Super Mario Bros., but Super Mario Land
>my favorite of the original trilogy is SMB2
>my favorite 3D Mario is Sunshine
>don't give a single fuck

I guess I'm the ultimate hipster.

youtube.com/watch?v=nIphlDWl9XY

Is there even a bad 2D mario game? 2 may be different but its still a great game with tight controls, actual differences in character choices and its packed with tons of secret.

>Is there even a bad 2D mario game?
super mario land

SUPER MARIO BROTHERS 2 BAYBEE

I mean actual 2D mario. Not the 3D side scroller crap.

Super Mario Land is 2D, man.

He said it

Sayin shit like that here gets you shanked, boy

>super mario land
>Bad

luigi floating on an egg over the sea is my favorite meme

Not really. Even the bland NSMB series plays fine, they're just hated because they're creatively bankrupt, and reuse the same awful awful assets with every release. But in its original context as the revival of 2D Mario for the first time in over a decade, and being the only one of its kind at the time before the whole series slipped down the """NEW""" slope, I still fucking love the original NSMB.

Hey, SML is a fun speedrun and has GOAT music.

Wrong

>shitting on mario land
This is how you get killed