Steam Refunds

>*Play game for 1 hour and 50 minutes (possibly even beat the game in this time)*
>"I've had enough of that. Give me my money back, Steam."
>*Gets refund*

Why is this allowed?

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/_y75gJBYHLAtO2sI62gxMg/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you shouldnt be able to beat a game in under 2 hours you asshole

>make a game less than 2 hours long
>charge money for it

Why is this allowed?

Because

:)

I hate steam refunds because they killed steam sales. Now everything sucks because people are retards and can't inform themselves or pirate a game before buying it.

Because I am allowed to buy games at the store physically, take them home and play them for a bit, say I don't like them, and then return them to the store.

European law. The amount of people who are going to 'pirate' short indie games by speeding through them and returning them in order to experience them are a tiny fraction (seriously, who the fuck does that).
If your game is so bad that someone can a) beat it in under two hours and b) not go "ah, what a good game, the developer deserves my money" or "boy, I can't wait to play that again in a different way" you've fucked up
I've played newgrounds flash games for more than two hours, seriously.

>complaining about refunds
Don't you dare, you fucking nigger. It's the one thing keeping Steam from being completely irredeemable

2 hours isn't a game, it's a demo

Gaben, pls leave.

>European law
>respecting subhumans and their """""""""""""laws"""""""""""""

The thing that redeemed steam was cheap as fuck prices. Now we can't have those anymore because of refunds.

boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/_y75gJBYHLAtO2sI62gxMg/

Because Steam requires a refund system, but they don't want people to abuse it, so they set an arbitrary time constraint such that people have enough time to get an idea of how the game runs/plays/looks etc. without allowing people to refund the game 40 hours later. Certainly, this negatively impacts games that can be completed in less than 2 hours - but Valve is lazy and would prefer not to implement any kind of special case to accommodate those releases, considering there are so few of them. You could argue that 2 hours is too long, and games might be incentivized to front-load more of their content, or that it is too short, and the shorter experiences will suffer. 2 hours is a reasonable enough compromise.

We have this thread every day :D :D :D :D!!!

Cheers user. I'll report and sage.

>tfw got every game i could have possibly wanted by the end of the 2011 christmas sale (aka the last good sale on steam)
Feels good man.

>got every game i could have possibly wanted
>the last good sale on steam
I wonder why.

I missed you steam refund kun and your repetitive threads

where were you all this time? sold any copies of your gayme yet or too many people refunded because it sucks dick?

I actually bought a game on Steam recently, Poi, cause I had the cash to waste and though "Why not, I like 3D Platformers."
>It's kinda nice, but there's something not quite right about it in my personal opinion
>1 hour 40 minutes played
>Ask for a refund, cause I just wasn't enjoying it as much as I expected and feel the money could go to better games
>Get it in under an hour and then holding gets added to my account in under a day
While I am sad to see good Steam Sales go, the Refund system is pretty good.

>indiefag is mad
You should put that shit into the google or IOS store fagget.

There are some games that provide an achievement for doing just that.