Tfw started a new NV run today

>tfw started a new NV run today
>maxed strength and melee weapons, immediately rushed to the rocket facility to grab the rebar clubs

I'm like a wrecking machine. After only 15 minutes.

What are some other ways to get a very quick start to the game?

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Immediately going to New Vegas.

This
>Sneak through Black Mountain
>Beeline for Atomic Wrangler
>Get the Jackpot limit
>Walk out with 10000 caps

If only I could actually play New Vegas. I got a DMCA and an internet lock and was forced to uninstall the DLC that I pirated, but I wanted to play it safe, so I just deleted the entire New Vegas folder.

Now it crashes on starting a new game, or loading into the world.

I've tried changing .ini configs, reinstalling, verifying cache integrity, running anti-crash mods, running in different compatibility modes, none of it works and it's not like I can just "Rebuy" a digital steam copy or anything.

Seriously, this is fucked up, and I just want to have a nice melee run.

Kill yourself Skyrimbabby.

Nekopara.

7 gives me my next role to playthrough
>Faction
>Karma
>Personality
>Special Rules

You're halfway to Jacobstown and getting the Oh, Baby!, best melee weapon in the game.

And from there, it's only a couple more hours before you realize that with no incentive to go through the trouble of getting harder to obtain but inferior weapons, melee weapons is literally the most boring playstyle in the entire game. Have fun!

who /knock-knock/ here? only weapon I use in melee runs.

>want to make another character
>don't want to do the goodsprings -> primm -> nipton -> novac path again
>don't like skipping to vegas because it breaks immersion for me

dammit

OP, bought Fallout 3 and NV a few months ago. Finally finished F3 and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to getting into NV!!!FACT!!!

Your fault for being a piratefag and thinking there are no repercussions
Create a second steam account and buy it there or something

There are no repercussions for pirating games.

You dumbass moralfag.

I'm doing a low-speech run for once and it's both chuckle-worthy seeing all the failed skill checks but also that you can't just talk your way out of everything which means that you need to take some additional steps in a lot of quests. Well, that or just blow some more heads off.
Either way, it's a lot more fun specializing in a few things rather than the high speech/guns jack of all trades thing I've almost always ended up doing.

Have you tried the using the usual utilities like NVAC and the 4GB patch?

Yes, I have used New Vegas anti crash.

I have not heard of the 4GB patch.

Grab the 4GB Patcher and Stutter Remover and see if it helps.

Why would it break immersion? Sneaking past deathclaws would deter a lot of people I guess but you might have a Stealth Boy which would probably make it a much more attractive prospect, and it's not like it's hard for a character to see the route from Goodsprings.

I've already beaten the game using regular guns and plasma. I've also done melee weapons. Are there any other viable combat options?

>pirate new vegas
>install 20 mods
>play
>get to primm
>everyone has nigger skin with white faces
eh

My level one shitter with a varmint rifle who just got shot in the head wouldn't use a fucking stealth boy to sneak past deathclaws. 15 levels later that same character with ed-e, boone, and an anti-material rifle would be ok going near deathclaws maybe, but still would be apprehensive about it

It's just too meta of a game behavior for a role-playing autismo such as myself.

I swear this is posted in every single NV thread. Google is your friend.

Yes Man
Evil
Schizophrenic animal lover
If carry weight exceeds over 190.1, then delete character and redo playthrough.

Its not like the stuff in vegas are going to be any different either. You can complete those early game quests in different ways just like the stuff around vegas.

Tried the 4GB patcher, didn't work. I'll try STutter remover, even though I don't see how that'd work. My NV just crashes upon loading into the game, after loading a save or starting a new game.

I guess, yeah. Shit like that happens to me a lot actually and really hampers my ability to enjoy wrpgs since I'm always too concerned about whether my actions make as much sense as they should or not, quit my last playthrough when House asked me to go meet Caesar since no sane person would put themselves at the Legion's mercy like that, but the only real alternative is assaulting the fort single-handedly. The only solution is to play a character who doesn't care so much about self-preservation I suppose.

I started my immersive run a almost a month ago...

I figured the Stutter Remover could help if the 4GB patch did, so nevermind. I'm sorry user I don't know what to recommend.

Maybe someday I'll find the fix to this stupid shitty curse. I'm also not able to load a game in Fallout 3, but I really don't care about playing Fallout 3, I just want New Vegas.

>Willow
>immersive run
lol'd

new vegas runs on all my laptops perfectly fine
it's one of my favorite features

Boomer pride worldwide!

Give me an idea for a run, it can be anything

Do a Heisenberg run. CH+Int good at shit talking, explosives and chems, only one small handgun.

Kill everyone you meet. (Not immediately, but at some point). Alternatively, try to completely avoid killing people.

Legion
Evil
Legate Lanius
Roleplay as the Legate. Use console commands to get his mask early.

you collect meat from animals and display it in your novac apartment like a real fruit

>half the khans don't react to you wearing NCR armor
>the other half are instantly hostile

House
Neutral
Junkie Hedonist
Any drugs/alcohol you find you immediately use (Logan's Run perk not allowed, No Fixer allowed)

Yes Man
Chaotic Evil
Unfriendly madman
Kill everyone you meet, if you can't kill them immediately, come back later

Asian sex pervert named Dr. Hentai

Tag Skills: Science, Sneak, Unarmed

SPECIAL: Low STR, low END, and Low CHA. Other stats can be whatever.

Special rules: You must do you Michel Angelo's quest, in order to get the camera. After getting the camera, you must compulshively take upskirt shots of every woman in a dress that you encounter.

This is a rough idea off the top of my head. Anyone who wants to build on it should feel free.

House
Evil
Talking above fighting
You can only use one handed weapons and wear tuxedo + fedora

Explosives only.

>House
>Neutral
>Mercenary selling yousrelf to the highest bidder
>Have to take chems and alcohal every ingame day to feed your crippling addiction

pacifist

Any all mission or request given by a woman (assuming their not old) you must take for the small hope they may have sex with you for helping them.

If you find out the woman is a lesbian you immediately stop talking to them and ignore them for the rest of the game.

the headgen shit didn't work
bashed patch solved a different issue

NCR
Lawful good
Polite and helpful
No special rules

After you meet Sarah Weintraub in the Vault 21 Hotel, you must become obsessed with her because she is an autistic NEET like you.

Solo
Good
Friendly
Avoid combat if possible

Check your load order, make sure you have any compatibility patches you'd need, and/or just uninstall and reinstall.

play as a nigger
drug addict
do quests as they are presented instead of choosing sides

I remember when rushed to NV in one of my first games, took the north road, got fucked by cazadores, deathclaws, and then some raiders.

Wow, I didn't know people still played this game. I'm actually playing it right now, and I played it before but always stopped, so I'm the furthest I've ever been. I've about made allies with all of the lesser factions or the Strip Families, I did boomers, and the quest for BOS where I had to go into 3 vaults, but I don't really know which main faction I want to do. I at first wanted to do Caesar's Legion because they were like the edgey ones, and some of the people in NCR are like, lefty, but upon further review I don't know what I want. There's also Mr. House and Yes-Man but I just don't know :(

You blatantly ignored all the signs that basically said "Do not go this way. You will be totally fucking murder if you go this way"?

Anyone know of some good looking outfits?

Everything vanilla gets old, I want something new

>thinking of playing NV
>remember all of the mods I have to set up again
lol nah

Legion
Good
Junkie
Can't hurt NCR

I bought 3 and NV with all the DLC and both crash on launch.

>Legion
>Good
>Junkie
>Can't hurt NCR
Nigga you what?

Are you on windows 10 or some shit? There is a directx fix from Microshaft out now so I can play New Vegas for about 15 minutes at a time before it crashes, instead of crashing on boot.

delete your user>docs>my games>fallout folders

NCR
Evil
Prone to fighting instead of negotiating
No stimpaks

>living in modern murica

Yes, also I just remembered that the fucking house's robot killed me on that road, I think he was trying to kill some cazador and shot me instead with a rocket.

>no 7s yet

>Caesar
>Neutral
>Hardcore
>Act like a drunk man, being incredibly happy, angry, or incredulous as you like because...
>Steal as much alcohol as possible and always have some form of alcohol addiction

What shitty ISP do you use? I've had seven DMCAs and the most they've ever done is sent an email saying to knock it off. They can't actually see the files on your computer so you didn't have to delete anything.

We have a winner.

Believe it or not, not all Khans hate the NCR, so if anything it makes perfect sense

>Caesar run
>drunkard run
pick one

Nope didn't work, I just gave up trying to fix it, I'm 100% sure it's Windows 10's problem, and shit OS drive config won't let me dual boot 7, I'm just waiting to get a new small ass HDD, install 7 and play all the shit that runs like crap on 10.

You aren't part of the Legion and the rules don't apply to you, Caesar doesn't care so long as you get shit done. Doesn't really fit with a character that sympathises with the Legion but it could just be a really hard habit to kick.

do you have the reading comprehension of a child?

It is 100% Windows 10 problem. Get the direct X fix or the missing dll file and it will work.. Sort of.

>tfw just started a new run with JSUE after not playing for years and forgetting a lot about the game

I'm in for a good time.

It was under Cox, but I have since moved to AT&T. I'm assuming they see torrent activity then if they caught you, right? Since torrenting requires internet usage.

Ya, on Windows 10. Where is this fix?

You need to clear out all config and save data from your computer (including the folder left in */steam/common/) and delete all cached data backed up to steam cloud. If you've got mods in NMM delete the FalloutNV folder and launch NMM and rescan for games.

Once you've done all that reinstall New Vegas and check and see if the dlc is still in the content list (it fucking shouldn't be, and if it somehow is unselect it).

If New Vegas still won't launch after all that your computer is cursed and you must purge it's evil in holy fire.

I never had any issues with Cox for 8 years of having their most expensive package and hosting a shit ton of questionable services.

that explains why I had to gun down all the khans then

who is the best faction? ncr is left and caesar is right? caesar is weird and edgey. ncr is newmale and cucky. who to go? yes-man or mr house?

That is odd because that is my ISP as well. Did you have any DMCAs prior? All my shit was torrents, yeah. Got five strikes at once and they didn't do anything but email me about it.

microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35
If that doesent work you can google missing dll files windows 10 fallout new vegas or some shit and find the missing dll file and install it manually.

post mod lists guys, I'm going to reinstall and I need mods

TribalPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
ClassicPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
YUP - Base Game + All DLC.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
YUP - NPC Fixes (Base Game + All DLC).esp
CAGE 1.9.3.2.esp
ImplantGRX-ActivatorHotkey.esp
RebreatherNoQuest.esp
Pacersgambit.esp
Intelligence_And_Skill_Points_Normal.esp
Integration - Couriers Stash.esp
HackFestus.esp
GrimyBusinesswearFix.esp
OldWorldBlues - Keep Big MT Active.esp
Glove_be_gone.esp
FO3 Sounds and Voices Restored.esp
female-lobotomites.esp
Delay DLC - DM + HH + OWB + LR + GRA.esp
DoggosOfTheWasteland-V1.6.esp
HTRP-No Radial Blur in Vats.esp
HTRP-No Radial Blur On Hit.esp
Strip Wall Billboards.esp
Uncut Wasteland.esp
PittGalStatsFix.esp
WorkingCrimsonCaravanTraders.esp
athornysituation.esp
avangraffscorned.esp
Better Burned Man.esp
Cazaclaw Resource.esp
Gun Runners Arsenal Merged.esp
The Weapon Mod Menu.esp

These + Throwable Weapon Fixes.

I want to destroy my game

Give me complete immersion breaking mods that look completely out of place

anime armors

>collectible canteens
fucking 10/10 wow thanks for posting this list man

If you're serious, you're welcome. I think it's a pretty neat little addition.

It's actually amazing how such a simple addition fits so perfectly into the game. I can't believe I haven't heard of this mod before.

>get new vidya card
>game is stuttery as fuck but still high FPS
>get NVSE thing
>still stuttery

JUST

MORE RAM
hey anyone know how to expand ram usage on a pirated copy

why more? never did it before?

all ichanged was vidya card

is the stutter everywhere or just the major camp sites and around goop and shit

>functioning alcoholic
there it works.

Google how to make NV large address aware.

>tfw my brother knows the words to each song because i play this so much
>tfw disney played i got spurs that one christmas
I fucking love 50s music