Tales of Xillia

Playing pic related, just started. Is the difficulty anything to worry about or is this game just a comfy rpg?

Already picked Milla, don't worry.

>picked Milla
You fucked up, restart.

>I want to be a beta orbiter
She has best gameplay anyways, aerial chars>all

The combat is actually really deep and rewarding. Sometimes you have to press the attack button, and other times you have to press the attack button several times in a row.

It's very satisfying to press the attack button and see all the pretty colors. 11/10 would press again.

>comf
Every character is a mass murderer

>Milla
Pick Jude, half the plot won't make sense if you play as her first

Depends if by "comfy" you mean "shit" because it's arguably the second worst game in the entire franchise.

>option between Nu-Male or Battle Goddess
>chooses Nu-Male

You can change the leader, dingus. You can play as fucking Elize the entire game if you wanted

Jude is better for first playthroughs due to story/cutscene reasons. You can play as Milla for the bulk of Jude's story anyway.

Difficulty is on the lesser side on normal mode but can be tweaked to your liking at any time.

I picked Jude for the plot, I was playing Alvin, Rowen, or Leia whenever I could

Implying one should care about JRPG plots "making sense"

Ahahahahahahahahaha oh man this made me laugh so hard man.

> not picking Milla for her god tier battle themes

Judecucks have the worst taste

> choosing Milla's side for your first playthrough
Have fun getting confused by the story.

>picked milla
You already fucked up. The story practically malfunctions if you aren't seeing Jude's story scenes.

Play the sequel instead.

It's a retarded rpg, not a comfy one.
The protagonist throws his life out of the window for a girl he barely knows, and they get betrayed like thrice BY THE SAME FUCKING GUY.

Play Leia, have fun. Or play the sequel.

You guys keep bringing up the fact that the story won't make sense, but who fucking cares about this weeb-trash storyline? It's just another JRPG mythological ripoff

I appreciate your concern, but the only RPG's I play for story are for nostalgia-feels, when these childlike plot arcs were actually moving to me.

So, now, I will further articulate my question -
Is this game fun? Is it worth playing for the mechanics? Is the pacing and customization worth going for? Or is the gameplay going to be as shotty as the weeb-trash storyline you all seem to eat up?

No, no, and no. There's no reason to play a Tales of game if you aren't a weeb.

All the parts are there but the original Xillia has some problems with combo mechanics which is fixed in the sequel.

>Is the game fun.
Yes.
>Is it worth playing for the mechanics?
To a degree but again sequel.
>Is the pacing and customization worth going for?
Things like skills, attributes and eqipment are fine. If you mean like clothes and accesories then you better get to buying all that costume DLC.
My opinion is to play the sequel.

Xillia 1 is pretty mild in the gameplay department. I felt that Xillia 2 is much better for gameplay with its enormous moveset and integral combo system, but in the end I wouldn't recommend a Tales game for gameplay alone. The fun character interaction is mainly what drives me through them.

Don't listen to this fag, gameplay encourages spam and somehow they rehashed x20 harder than the first game