youtube.com/watch?v=V72P9-6S7qM
youtube.com/watch?v=4uGcfR_EvBQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

WHO WANTS SOME

BORN TO BE WIIIIIILD

>2016 + 1
>3D models of hands in first person still don't look anywhere this realistic

What went wrong?

Detail in 3d graphics is more expensive to produce and harder on system resources.

why the fuck does this remind me of the first level in Perfect Dark?

GET OFF VENT OR ILL HAVE YOU BENT

how the fuck was I supposed to know to shoot the barrels?

IRC

it's time to chew ass

Hail to the King, baby.

Shadow Warrior > Blood > Duke

however,

Duke > Caleb > Wang

Why would you ever play this when DOOM exists?

Whoa friendo, those are some hot opinions.

Variety and laffos

Both on a roof, with lots of buildings around, both using a pistol.

youtube.com/watch?v=zsBN79ormUY

And I'm prepared to justify them

>Uh, uh, where is it?
Doom was WAY better than Wolfenstein but it still had a lot of "press USE to find secret." And then of course Doom 2 was super abstract and the level design seems bizarre to me even to this day.

I can respect those opinions though. I definitely agree on the character list. Personally I'd order the games Duke 3D>Blood>Shadow Warrior though they are all must plays.

>SW
>Better than anything

Yeah, I know what you mean. The levels in Doom 2 seem like the stuff you'd see in a fanmade wad or something. I can't imagine something like The Crusher or Tricks and Traps in Doom 1.

>Tricks and Traps

I fucking hate that level, it's not difficult at all, it's just a giant pain in the ass. That also seems to be the point where the level design starts getting weird consistently and I switch to Ultimate DOOM or Scythe or something better

YOUR FACE

YOUR ASS

WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE

So what did everyone think of Alien World Order? Just the new episode, not the World Tour as a whole.

youtube.com/watch?v=DN_J-PNUPjk

Everything after Dead Simple sucked.

IT'S TIME TO CHEW ASS

WHERE IS IT?

The map markers, quest markers, and minimap of course.

>giving Jewbox money
No thanks. Megaton Edition is all I need.

You don't have to shoot them.

Dead Simple is map 7 and Tricks and Traps is map 8 so that checks out

SHAKE IT BABY

BAD
ASS

Yeah dog.
Much better level design than Blood, much better weapons than Duke. It's a more complete package with a higher level of polish.

Only downside is Wang is a one-dimensional caricature while Duke and Caleb have two dimensions, but he's still amusing in a ME SO SOLLY kinda way.

Doom 1 had the best UAC levels. Doom 64 had the best Hell levels.

IMMA RIP YOU'RE HEAD OFF AND SHIT DOWN YOUR NECK

But DN3D is objectively better.

BAZINGA

I'd tell you, if you told me how to play the episode with megaton edition

LET GOD SORT 'EM OUT

Not in game.

get off vent or i'll have you bent

I like the variety of Doom's hell levels. The green marble fortresses, the halls of stretched flesh, the haunted libraries, they were all great counterpoints to the expected fire-and-brimstone areas. Doom 64's misty voids were a fine addition to the set. I think more than anything, D44M's big failure was falling for the same trap Doom 3 did and just make hell generic lava and ruins. None of the alien majesty we saw in the original games, just typical hellscapes.

duke is just badblood

Duke's fun, but no, it's objectively worse than Doom in pretty much every way.

I kinda have to give Blood the top spot. Better level design.

Dead on about the characters though.

IM GOING TO MURDER YOU OLDSTYLE

real talk, most build games aren't fun

I never found them to be that great either, always felt Doom was far superior. Blood is a lot of fun though.

if you don't like shadow warrior then you're a pleb and you need to get the fuck out of this thread

>Sup Forums or at least alt-right Sup Forums started hated John St John just because he didn't like Trump
>when this shit existed

I really can't excuse giving Blood anything but dead last in terms of level design thanks to those death doors. That's just some rank amateur shit there.

>megatron edition not available anymore
JUST

4 had that area where you found the Icon of Sin that was very reminiscent of 64's void levels. Not a good picture but all the blue in the background is just emptiness.

>Playing anything but the original .exe

I can't believe that they still haven't fixed the bugs plaguing the console versions of 20th Anniversary World Tour. I mean seriously, moving the right stick up causes you to suddenly run or walk depending on your always run settings. Every time you aim up, your walk speed changes. This was fixed back in November on PC along with a bunch of other bugs, but console players are fucked. Thanks, Gearbox.

Reminder that SAM is the best mob killer

Sam's also in a boring FPS subgenre.

youtube.com/watch?v=V72P9-6S7qM

Fight me IRL

Gotta give them credit for even trying.

The big three are all god tier. If you're talking about shit like Redneck Rampage, Tekwar, and Witchaven then sure, but who cares about those?

SAMSARA?

Any game that relies so heavily on teleporting enemies in instead of placing them carefully around the map is one unconfident in its level design. Sam's unfortunately rather weak.

Choose your destiny.

>Doom - Heretic - Hexen
>Duke - Blood - Shadow Warrior
>Quake - Unreal - Half-Life

What are some therapeutic FPS's?

last one

BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS

What's this?

What Forever should have been.

PUKE FUKEM AT YOUR SERVICE !

this was made after columbine, right?

What the fuck is that top frame
It looks like his arm melted

if were including mods then first one cause of doom
if were talking just the base game then second cause of blood

The whole comic is like that

youtube.com/watch?v=4uGcfR_EvBQ

Zilla sends his regards Lo Wang!

Ha ha, you faggot rabbit!

I like how in character this is.

I always liked to think that Duke Nukem and Shadow Warrior shared a universe.

is this supposed to be funny?

I think it's supposed to be erotic

>The first level of Shadow Warrior had anime posters on most of the walls
Don't you miss when devs wore their geekiness on their sleeves and didn't show contempt for the very medium they develop for?

No reason all the Build games can't, really.

Except Redneck Rampage, I guess.

Holy shit

I agree with you on this. Doom 1 was better because of better level design and better placed enemies. Doom 2 was also good and better in some aspects like the super shotgun and the new enemies. Still felt a little off, because of the level design.some maps were okay, some were just ridiculously hard because of bad level design. Like that map were you use an elevator and suddenly youre faced with 6 chaingunners aiming right at you and you have no cover. Fuck this shit.

Oh, and you could use a teleporter but the shitty teleporter put you right on the middle of the fucking chaingunners.

Doom 1 didnt have this kind of bullshit. Thats why its the superior game by far.

What did he mean by this?

Actually I am surprised that ID and 3D realms haven't tried to license the Doom and Build engines out to indie devs nowadays. People eat faux retro nostalgia up.

they're open source so who cares anyway

Shadow Warrior got me into Slayers, which became my favorite anime.

is tripfagging for years suppose to be funny?

>people eat retro nostalgia shit up

Allright get the FUCK out of Sup Forums RIGHT NOW

Hexen>Doom.

doom duke half life

>tfw could never get past the 7 portals

Hexen's my favorite game but you're just asking for trouble talking like that.

You should do it one of these days. Also Seven Portals is easily the weakest hub in the game.