Attacking via black sun > meme barrel >>>>>>>>>>> epoch attack

attacking via black sun > meme barrel >>>>>>>>>>> epoch attack

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OJTUR67myH8
youtube.com/watch?v=HIri1484iQ0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Chrono Trigger is the most Lovecraftian JRPG

earliest possible meme barrel > ocean palace lavos (first playthrough) > attacking via black sun > ocean palace lavos > epoch attack > meme barrel

youtube.com/watch?v=OJTUR67myH8

>not just fighting him right after you encounter Marle

PLEBIAN.

You actually can't on your first playthrough. The twinkle in the teleporter doesn't show up.

>tfw never done Ocean Palace first playthrough
Always wondered what happened if you beat him then

Best final battle team?

So, is Magus useless?

>Black Sun

Wasn't it called the Black Omen?

No

How do I make him useful?

>No mention of first time portal

It just gives you the developer's room ending like it would on new game plus.

It is the Black Omen.

Put the MP cost reducing earrings on him and he'll slaughter regular battles with access to every element in wide range. In boss fights he's a little limited due to his combo possibilities, though.

> 3:24
> video is almost two hours long

???

Hey guys im just here to ruin this thread

Remember when the joke character Dalton killed off the main characters and Magus lost his memory. Meanwhile Schala was stranded for eternity become controlled by a monster against her will.

FUCK YOU

He cut the grinding from the video.

ah gotcha, every playthrough I grab him I tend to throw him in the party screen because of his lack of combos.

If you've powerlevelled, Ayla. The rest of the team is irrelevant.

earliest possible meme barrel > ocean palace lavos (first playthrough) > fair teleporter (solo) > attacking via black omen > fair teleporter (w/ marle) > ocean palace lavos > epoch attack > meme barrel

I'm still mad you don't get to drop MC in that game.
I wanted to decisively conclude the story of Chrono Trigger as a party of literally whos.

Is Chrono Trigger the game with the best sidequests ever? Reviving Chrono, destroying Mother Brain, the ruins of the Dino Lair and the rainbow shell, crashing a trial against the king to beat Yakra 23, the descendant of the first boss, getting the complete Masamune at Cyrus's tomb, Ozzy's Lair, saving Lucca's mom, the Sunstone.

All of them are fleshed out, develop characters, and give you great equipment. I can trudge through the rest of the game just for the endgame sidequests.

Also, is the DS additional ending worth it?

Actually it was 3 hours and 24 minutes.
He cut off the level grinding from the video (see the video's description)

Additional ending is not good at all, but the additional dungeons are very good. I also love having this game on a handheld.

The DS ending is a bit of a mixed bag.
If you accept Chrono Cross as the conclusion of Chrono Trigger, it's amazing. If you reject Chrono Cross, stay away from it.
At least as cool though is the extra dino-land, and a few other bonus dungeons.

If you really cared you'd attack the Black Omen in 12,000 BC so it never affects history.

it's crono's fault for going "heheh what is this dream-eater, guess it's not important enough to follow up on and find a way to kill it byeeee"

DS is the definitive edition, love the all of what they've brought. Wish they would bring it to PSN or Steam though. Would be nice to play it in 1080p

IIRC it exists simultaneously throughout time itself.

I have beaten this game more times than I can count, but I have no idea what these words mean.

If you really cared, you'd attack the Black Omen in the future, pillage the goodies, don't finish it, then go back to 12,000 BC to pillage the goodies again.

Cant you destroy it in every time one at a time backwords or do I remember wrong?

>not stealing 3 prism dresses and hats and megaelixirs from Queen Zeal

You can at 1000, then 600, then 12000. You can't at 2300 because it has grown too strong from Lavos's power and you can't enter

i think it's gone in all times if you destroy it once. I always fuck it up though, just like i always forget to talk to the boxes and upgrade them.

>talking shit about Epoch's sacrifice

Thread theme!
youtube.com/watch?v=A6hxxOhkcV8

The official canon is that the dream eater wipes their memory so they literally don't even know it exists because the faggot who made the sequel was ultra salty that everyone thought it was total garbage and that how japs respond when given criticism. They dig their heels in as hard as possible until they finally dig their own grave.

It's probably the thematically coolest intro to the ending, and you can skip the trudge against old bosses that way

>he doesn't like buss rush bosses

user, I accept your opinion even though I don't share it.

Damnit Sup Forums I'm too busy with my backlog to replay CT, don't tempt me.

Do it, it's a short and easy game.

it's only like what, 10 hours if you know what you're doing.

>implying I'll only do one playthrough
When I start it I don't stop it

Boss rushes are cool, don't get me wrong. Just less so in an RPG where you are guaranteed to stomp everything because you've beaten them all before at much lower levels. If they were buffed to shit and you had to do some war of attrition bullshit that dragged through all of your items and MP, now that would be cool.

Chrono Trigger is my favorite game to low-level run for some raisin.

Even if stealing fuckboats of Megalixirs and having to go in and out to grind in Prehistoric Era for techs is a pain.

Level 1 Crono slapping shit is just great. Everyone gets a chance to shine! Except Magus because he'd break the LLR in half.

>Except Magus because he'd break the LLR in half
Why's that?

Would have been so cool to have the entire cast fighting Lavos like in this pic. Gameplay restrictions aside, I don't know why they didn't. What's his dick said when three or more people from differing timelines enter a gate, they wind up at the End of Time. So the solution is have the Epoch ferry everyone to a spot, or everyone take the bucket to 1999. There's probably some time bs that would prevent this, but still.

The problem is that Giga gaia is probably the only one that won't die in one hit.
If I could fight levelled-up versions of everything, that would be fantastic, It's just slapping through a bunch of pointless fights with the transitions being longer than the combat is annoying.

He's the best random battle cleaner in the game since he has all elements.

Also people powerleveling in CT are retarded since the game is very easy and everyone is viable.

>tfw you realize how good Lucca & Ayla's combo is

marle and lucca kind of falls behind like halfway through the game

Why was Cross even a sequel to CT anyway, it didn't even feel like it was supposed to be. All the stuff connecting it to CT felt tacked on and needlessly shat over the original characters. It would have been perfectly fine as a standalone game.

>You remember the /u/ moment they had

>Turn the leaders of Porre into charitable hippies for generations
>Somehow, THEY'RE the ones who ruin everything and kill everyone

Don't all of his combos require someone to wear a certain accessory? I'd rather not take up an accessory slot just to gain access to one move when I could instead equip something more useful, like the Gold Stud for example.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK, SHE WAS NOTHING LESS THAN A PROPER LADY

so what party did you prefer by the end? i ended up using crono, frog, and ayla the most.

I enjoyed what the DS version added, save for that monster battling mini game. What a useless piece of shit.

I also prefer this translation than the original SNES release. Middle Ages are much more consistent now.

what the fuck is the meme barrel?

I havent played chrono trigger since like early 2000.

It's only 14 endings anyway, nerd, 16 hours tops if you know your shit.

I've gotten all the endings in the SnES version thrice, and one time in the DS version
Arena is bullshit, though

fuck this shit im legit livid right now

You can't in 2300 AD because the front door is locked and there's really no point since Lavos had already won by that time.

You can start in the present, go to the middle ages, then to antiquity. It doesn't exist in pre-history since it wasn't made yet.

The weird thing is if you go through the thing in the present, beat all the bosses, and kill Lavos's outer shell (What's in OP's pic) then when you leave and repeat the process in the middle ages Lavos' tick head will still be gone. I don't remember if you can fight Queen Zeal again or if she gone as well though. But the regular enemies, items, etc respawn. So bring Ayla so you can steal shit.

The dude is just a faggot and just needs to use the word meme in every chance he gets, don't let it get to you. It's the barrel at the end of the time that lets you fight Lavos. He's also telling you his preferences on when and how to beat the end boss.

The only thing I want in life is to find a cute girl that would sing Radical Dreamers while I play the guitar.

youtube.com/watch?v=HIri1484iQ0

I don't remember you being able to turn Dalton into a charitable hippie.

It's bizarre. CC is barely a sequel except for a tiny part where it goes, "Hey, you liked CT, right? Well, fuck you!"

I mean, besides the tone being completely different, it doesn't even try to take place in the same world, with the people, races, monsters, etc being completely different.

I was just playing a bit yesterday. Why the fuck does the game replay the get hyped/"ours was a short youth" scene before the boss rush Lavos encounter if you already did it?

You get a "did we do that?" and then regain control to walk into the shell. Like some sort of tim fuckery caused them to forget.

Grill combo is cool

Also Crono Frog Robo

But, pimp Crono with his bitch Marle and sidebitch Lucca is the best

I've never played CC and CT is my favorite game of all time.

That's fucked up I know, but shit like that pisses me off. If it was just a spiritual sequel that would be fine.

I still hope one day a third game comes out, fixes CC's fuck ups, and brings things to a satisfying end. With time travel, there's built in license to retcon/undo whatever they want from CC.

It does not since whenever you actually ge tot the top and kill the queen and go after Lavos it falls

CC explains where it is on the CT map and why there's weird shit like fish people walk, or rather hovering, around.

Looking at all the cut content I think it was going to be more involved in the story of the first game but then came the cuts and reworks of the story and it changed too much in the end

>Crono, Marle and Lucca

My nigga. Marle's great for healing and Antipode Bomb/III is the dopest shit.

It's autistic as hell but I always felt bad about not having Marle with me, so the team I use most frequently is Crono, Marle, and Ayla.

That's why i haven't played CC nor ever will.

CC is NOT CT's sequel.

Crono lives a happy life with princess Nadia and Lucca in a poliamorous relationship, Glenn is human again and cucks the king in 600 AC
Schala and Janus are finally back together trying to find a way to stop Lavos on their own in an alternate universe, so that the Kingdom of Zeal doesn't die off horribly again

Ayla is happy fucking the Dino fan in the prehistory, and all is good.

Crono visits his mother quite often, as his house is between the castle, Lucca's house and his house.

Robo... Robo doesn't exist in this universe anymore. We do not talk about Robo.

if lucca's on the team, then robo's on the team
3rd member can be anybody, doesnt matter. make it magus for the omega flare triple tech. it's really all about lucca and robo.

I will become a millionaire one day, and when that day comes i will buy CT's license from Square Enix.

Then i'll give out rights for people to make remakes (anyone i deem worthy or competent), and i'll hire a team for my own high budget remake version

>attacking via Black Sun

You know, that would be pretty badass.

>"you like destroying planets? get in line asshole"
>and then the UEF murders Lavos

Being a millionaire is not much nowadays

I chuckled

will someone please explain to my retarded ass what the fuck the meme barrel is

Nice copypasta.

The trash can at the end of time, bro buddy

The bucket at the End of Time that takes you to the boss rush before Lavos.

I thought that it took you to the dream devourer. Were there two trash cans?

It does in the DS version but only after you do some sidequests and other shit first. Even still it'll give you the option of fighting the dream devourer or just going to 1999 like usual.

It can give me the adquisitive power so i can attempt to buy the rights for CT. How much can it cost? It's a dead IP, they haven't done shit with it in years, they aren't milking it anymore except for the android version (it is shit) at the playstore

Say what, a million?

He's literally so stupid strong and has so many tools even as is that putting him in any fight except the Lavos(Lifeline is 100% required) fight makes them all cakewalks because of the equipment you'll be packing. He can even tank Skygate from Queen Zeal 2 without the proper armor, and she's one of the most fun fights in a LLR with the basic party(Crono/Marle/Robo) because it's constantly OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT

He'd take pretty much all the difficulty out of it.

How is this a pasta?

Cause I've seen that exact text before a few times.

autism

>buy the rights for CT

it's not a matter of if they've done anything with it in years, it's a matter of the prospective profits if they WERE to do something, even if it were just gatcha bullshit

think million(s)

What about some sort of license for me to develop a remake?
Like, i wouldn't profit from it, nor would SE(atleast not directly) but i'd still cover the costs of development

SE hates money.

I also hate them for not re-releasing Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia and Terranigma. Especially the latter since a lot of people in the US never got to experience it.

That was my first post in Sup Forums though

You understand the hoops you gotta go through to "buy the rights" for CT? It's precisely why they're not dicking around with it any more. It's too much effort and not a lot of profit. Everything designed in CT is owned by Bird Studio which made Square hire a different artist for CC. Parts of script is owned by Mistwalker, and of course, both Yasunori MItsuda and Nobuo Uematsu have their hands on the music and sound.

What you should do instead is build a fan game, keep it down low, near complete it, and either publish it or kikestart it. Black Sigil was done by canadian weeaboos and they ripped off ct as much as they could get away with it.

Remember when Dalton didn't actually kill Crono and Marle, who were still alive when the Lucca's Orphanage got attacked, and how that particular plot point was first brought up in the PSX version of Trigger, meaning that Cross in fact went out of it's way to confirm that Crono and Marle survived? Also that Schala was a non-character before Cross, so who even gives a shit about her hypothetical suffering, especially when it makes a character as interesting as Harle?

FUCK YOU

Oh boy it shows, please lurk more before posting again

DS version has that fucking mountain you have to climb over and over in Lost Sanctum. That just wasn't fun at all and I was propelled through it by sheer autism.