Playing Dragon Age Inqusition

>Playing Dragon Age Inqusition
>Contact the Hero of Ferelden mission
>Oh boy fanservice I hope they don't cock this up
>I'm sorry Inquisitor I'm afraid I don't have any information regarding ANCIENT MAGISTERS AND SENTIENT DARKSPAWN PLEASE TAKE THIS VENDOR TRASH AS THE BEST I CAN OFFER
>Also I love (Lel)iana because she is faithful, I'm totally not responsible for her hardening or anything, kbye

How do you cock it up this badly

Other urls found in this thread:

dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Fen'Harel
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

God you had to fucking remind me.

I really didn't like the Inquisitor at all, I was looking forward to at least SOME semblance of interaction with my warden and it was completely shot down. The worst thing is if the Warden is in the next Dragon Age they'll probably be fucking voiced.

goddamn WHY

You should've probably realized that you were setting yourself up for disappointment from the first 10 minutes of the game.

By the time people started talking and everything they said sounded completely autistic while their models bobbed their heads from side to side I knew what I was getting myself into.

>romanced leliena
Although I agree inquisition is complete shit. Morrigan is still hot so atleast Bioware did something right

>paying and playing cisquisition
>You deserve it.avi

BUT ANGRY JOSE SAID IT WAS A 9/10 IT HAS TO BE GOOD.
>this actually happened

It's pirateable you double nigger.

>tfw I fell for the architect's lies

I HAD MORE IMPORTANT SHIT TO DO ALRIGHT? HE WASN'T ATTACKING ME SO I FOCUSED ON THE ONES WHO WERE

>gave sleeping dogs the same rating as dragon age 2, 6/10
fuck him

Saving the Architect was the right decisions though?

WRONG. He gave dragon age 2 a 7/10. Truly the man that represents the average gamer

Short term yeah. Long term you've just helped out one of the original Darkspawn and possible the one who planned it all out.

There's a reason all the Warden leaders are freaked when they find out what you've done.

He's 100% working with good intentions and his experiments have yielded way more good sentient darkspawn than bad.

There's a bunch of codexes that mention some historians argue that there was an 8th magister in the shadows behind it all, we know he's not in charge. The Architect was the one who begrudgingly went with the plan.

If Bioware knew how to write he would have been an amazing asset in standing against Corypheus in Inquisition.

It's a moot point anyway, Corypheus respawns out of a Grey Warden body in Inquisiton, he just popped up somewhere else.

Short answer is no because he's one of the original Magisters. Long answer is it doesn't matter because of new information given in Inquisition that is mind boggingly retarded AND if the warden is alive he's looking for a cure to the genophage oops I mean calling no matter what you choose.

Did you guys also realize that the plot of Inquisition was basically the plot of Mass Effect but exceedingly more retarded?

It starts with you being in the wrong place at the right time, getting some macguffin powers from a plot device, becoming a highly important officer in charge of a team that you assemble, save the world from a public villain who's not entirely in charge and it ends in a dlc with a retarded asshole telling you that he'll destroy the world to save it.

>Killing our one hope at sentient Darkspawn
What do you think is going to happen to the mindless hordes once they're no more old gods faggot? They just stop moving?

>and it ends in a dlc with a retarded asshole telling you that he'll destroy the world to save it
Still haven't played CISquisition, care to explain the DLC part? I know the plot of the base game and that Corypheus and some another Dragon are the final bosses.

The Darkspawn, sentient or not, inherently have the Taint which corrupts everything around them against their will.

it had something to do with the bald elf I think.

>he didnt kill the architect
>he allows non human scum to exist

Pls elaborate.

Also is Architect even brought up in the 3rd game? Or does the choice not matter?

The elf mage companion reveals that he's the Dread Wolf, that he created the Veil to imprison the other elven gods in the Fade because they were assholes but it brought the fall of the elfs, that he woke up and gave the big bad of the game a plot device to power it up so he could take it away from him and use it to reunite the Fade and the Real World but it fails because the big bad doesn't die like he expected and instead starts a war that kills hundreds of thousands and after you defeat him he reveals that he's going to continue trying to remove the Veil even though it'll cause hundreds of millions to die and it ends with him either saying that he "hopes you'll prove him wrong and that the world is worth not being holocausted" or that you're a fag for pointing out that his two previous plans ended disastruouly.

Nope. It doesn't matter. Every "important" scene ends up as a War Table mission that you can only interact with by choosing which shitty advisor you send to solve it.

Yes because making the endless hordes of rape and corruption intelligent is a smart thing to do.

good, it is the best DA game

>Contact the Hero of Ferelden mission
who and why should anyone care about that literally nobody.

>Oh boy fanservice I hope they don't cock this up
fan servicing is a bad practice

>I'm sorry Inquisitor I'm afraid I don't have any information regarding ANCIENT MAGISTERS AND SENTIENT DARKSPAWN PLEASE TAKE THIS VENDOR TRASH AS THE BEST I CAN OFFER
who the fuck cares, it is a shitty fanservice mission to please fanboys of the old games.

>Also I love (Lel)iana because she is faithful, I'm totally not responsible for her hardening or anything, kbye
the quest plays based on your choices in the previous games, you have to soften her in both games

I found your problem.

>looked in toilet
>found shit
HOW did this HAPPEN!?/!

Do you have to shit up every single one of these threads with these terrible posts?

Wew lad, what happens if you spared or killed him respectively? In the war table message I mean.

What the fuck is the Dread Wolf? Sounds edgy.
Also, that sounds fucking horrible. Worse than ME3 tier horrible.

I guess that's why you never went to college user

kill yourself faggot (you)

dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Fen'Harel
He's one of the elven gods. And in a shitty dlc that is the real ending of DAI, it's revealed that the myths about him are true and that he created the Fade and LITERALLY EVERYTHING that has happened in the ENTIRE series, the games and the background, is because of him.

So is he the Maker? Is Maker just his creation? What the fuck is the relation between him and the Maker and Andraste for that matter?

He's not the Maker, and he has no relation with any of them. If he's asked in-game about the Maker, he says that he doesn't know if he exists and that he likes the idea of him because "a true god does not need to prove its' divinity".

Basically, despite Inquisition having a main character called "The Herald of Andraste" and he's working for an ancient chantry organization, there is absolutely no new information given about the Maker but a shitton of information given about the Fade and the elven mythology with a dlc based entirely on the elven gods.

Also the game reveals that Flemeth is an elven god too lmao.

>Also the game reveals that Flemeth is an elven god too lmao.
Yeah I know that part.

So basically literally knife ears subhuman pandering propaganda. Fuck BioWare.

We don't know anything about them beyond mythology still. Other than Corypheus claims the black city was already filled with blight when he got there and the magisters took the power for themselves. There's also ancient reports of one of the elven gods lands being afflicted with something that sounds like the blight.

Fen'Harel isn't a god. None of the pantheon of elven gods were (and I don't think we know who their "forgotten ones" are yet). They were basically just powerful tyrants who enslaved the rest of the elven population under the guise of being deities and branded their subjects with their marks (The tatoos the Dalish wear).
Mythal (Who possessed Flemeth) who Solas claims was the only good one out of them died so Solas tricked them all and somehow split the world into the real world and the fade. I guess the world was more fadey before so a lot of Elven shit that was relying on that, including their immortality, broke.

Pretty much. The game is like if Skyrim would've kept the Dragonborn main character but made the game about altmer bullshit, or if Morrowind kept the Nerevarine and made the main quest about the Nerevarine but the entire game is about Argonia. It's a fucking mess.

>The game is like if Skyrim would've kept the Dragonborn main character but made the game about altmer bullshit, or if Morrowind kept the Nerevarine and made the main quest about the Nerevarine but the entire game is about Argonia.
That analogy is actually best way you could've described the game for me. It really does sound horribly mismanaged.

Did Loghain at least do anything of note? I picked him over Carth 2.0 in DA1.

Yeah, if there is one thing I really hate Inqusition for more so than its terribad gameplay, sterile open world, terribad plot is just fucking over the Warden from DA:O.

At least in DA2, events are seperated enough to not require your Warden's direct involvement.

It made no sense that your Warden would just be sitting there doing research on how fix the calling and not doing more serious shit with The Architect. It just makes your character suddenly into a hermit that would rather study all day.

Your warden would of jumped into action to fix the shit happening with the Wardens in Inquistion. They should of just left your character alone, made it so he/she(if alive) just disappeared and rumors circulating.

Or rather, Dragon Age Origins should of been the start of your character's saga. Awakening shouldn't have been rushed to hell and back, being just average BioWare glitchy. DA2 should of been a spinoff game or not existed at all.

>Carth 2.0
Alistair is nothing like Carth, though.

He's everything like Carth. Whiny little shit with no self-esteem.

I just wanted to cleanse heretics, degenerates, and mages in holy fire.

Then you probably should've picked another game because DA Templars are nothing like that.

Oh man good thing you've asked.

The Grey Wardens are a major plot point in the game (But one that's given like three main quests worth of time) and they're basically completely fucking retarded. If Loghain is alive, he's the only non-retarded one and because of their retardation their plotline ends with either him or Hawke dying uselessly so that you can get out of the Fade.

He looks goofy and sounds weird, but he's honestly one of the few personable characters in the game because the plot requires him to not be a mouth breathing retard like everyone else.

This. I really don't understand why they can't just let us play him again. And if you killed him just play as a new warden. Voiced protagonists have ruined rpgs

>If Loghain is alive, he's the only non-retarded one and because of their retardation their plotline ends with either him or Hawke dying uselessly so that you can get out of the Fade.
So, you can't save both of them? Good to know he's not retarded though, guess I made a good choice in DA1 by sparing him.

It was finally time for Morrigan to initiate the final phase of her plan by getting impregnated by a Grey Warden. Since she was already in a relationship with the soon to be Hero of Ferelden, this was not a difficult task. She told him about it, he agreed.
That's when it happened, a Grey Warden that managed to escape a failed attack on the Archdemon found refuge among the Hero of Ferelden and his companions - A Qunari Grey Warden (or to be more precise, a Tal-Vashoth). Morrigan had always been Qun-Curious and often imagined what it would be like to have sex with one.
She told the Hero of Ferelden that Qunari would be a perfect mate to perform the ritual with because of their magical blood. He immediately knew that it was nothing but a well meant lie, but what point would there be in competing with a monster cock like that? What could he possibly have done?
As he was lying in bed alone that night, no matter how hard he tried, there was no way to shield his ears from Morrigan's animalistic screams of lust from the room next door. At one point, he no longer tried to avoid listening to it. Instead he embraced it an realized that granting her this was the most pure and most honest proof of his love and so he decided to walk in on them and watch them. Morrigan's expression went from being shocked to being overwhelmed with joy within seconds and from that point on their relationship took a different course, one of happiness.

Morrigan is the only good thing out of that trilogy.

I had such high hopes for Inquisition and it turned into such shit.

Why couldn't they have made the protagonist the demon baby that you and Morrigan make prior to the ending of DA:Origins?
Why couldn't they continue the story with the wardens which where far more interesting than all the other shit they added in the sequels?
Why the fuck is my Inquisition filled with faggots and other deviants and why the fuck does my Inquisitor tolerate these heretics?

It makes no sense. None of it made any fucking sense.

Nope. It's so fucking stupid and pointless it's painful.

The Grandmaster of the Grey Wardens in Orlais goes full retard and uselessly puts you in a position where you teleport yourself, your squad, the Surviving Warden (Either Loghain, Alistair or Stroud from 2) into the raw Fade and it ends with you choosing either the Warden or Hawke to stay behind and keep a giant spider demon occupied while you leave through a rift, even though the game gives no indication that you can't beat the giant demon AND the cutscene makes it look like he's not even really in your way and you could've all just ran for it.

So forced bullshit drama for the sake of drama.
I guess I'd sacrfice Hawke since I like Simon Templeman too much.

Yeah pretty much.

Also bioware's shitty version of frostbyte makes Hawke look like a stoned fat faced neckbeard.

EXACTLY MY NIGGER. Why do I have to play as some feminine faggot who is forced to put up with all these faggots? Really don't understand why Bio had to let us kill ourselves in Origins. I just want to play as my silent warden again. But nope WE need voiced protagonists.

>Why couldn't they have made the protagonist the demon baby that you and Morrigan make prior to the ending of DA:Origins?
>Why couldn't they continue the story with the wardens which where far more interesting than all the other shit they added in the sequels?
>Why the fuck is my Inquisition filled with faggots and other deviants and why the fuck does my Inquisitor tolerate these heretics?

I'd guess that Bioware experienced a major change in staff and priorities since DA:O.

It's a real shame. It really seemed like they were trying their damndest to create a Baldur's Gate for a new generation with DA:O.

>Why couldn't they have made the protagonist the demon baby that you and Morrigan make prior to the ending of DA:Origins?
Because you don't have to make the demon baby, only two of the possible like 4 or 5 endings have the demon baby being conceived.

Also I really don't understand how Morrigan even tolerates being around all these shitlords. Really wish they would bring back sassy Morrigan again.

Personally I think not continuing the Warden's story is a good thing because that story is done. What I do dislike is their new plot lines and their retarded approach towards them.

DA2 could've been really good if it wasn't rushed because the concept, the idea and the new enviornment was new and refreshing.

But they fucked it up cause of EA and because they're dumb they came to the conclusion that they should just continue banking on DAO nostalgia and returned back to Ferelden (with a dash of Orlais) and bring back all those DAO characters and the Wardens and basically have the same story as before but a lot more straightforward, so it ended up just being a worse version of DAO.

One thing I wanted from Dragon Age was to make your main character a "villain" in the sequel. I know it would be difficult to do even with all the choices, then of course since the Warden's personality and ideas players have for their characters range massively, it would get a good amount of backlash. Lets just assume the Warden lives in this sequel.

Your Warden has successfully stopped the Blight, becoming a living breathing legend that somehow lives after taking out the Archdemon. Thus, as usual, the power of the Grey Wardens expand greatly because of the success of the Wardens. Ferelden accepts Wardens once again, The Warden has supreme power in the region and is directly challenging the corrupt First Warden and Weisshaupt fortress.

With knowledge and research of The Architect under the Warden's belt and the huge support the Grey Wardens are getting again, have it so your Warden wants to trigger the Sixth blight because the Grey Wardens will as always slowly lose power because people think there will be no more blights, only for another blight to happen hundreds of years later with a weaker Grey Wardens struggling to stop it. Ultimately causing more deaths and destruction.

Have the game framed as you as trying to stop the Warden as another player character then unlock an entire playthrough as Your Warden.

Just a silly idea I had.

The ending of Inquisition mentions that Grey Warden civil war is brewing in the Anderfels.

Bioware has no excuse not to make a return to form Origins direct sequel starring The Hero of Fereldan with zero fucking voice acting. They intentionally set themselves up to be able to.

I just want to go back to being a band of misfits trying to save the world. Being "the man" in an RPG is fucking boring.

Nah some people like having their character be good. It would be really shitty of Bio to just say "hey your choices don't matter because we're making you the bad guy no matter what" works better in a linear story game.

Sorry bruh, but the ending of Trespasser more or less states that the next game will take place in Tevinter because the Qunari are starting a new invasion.

Oh and if the gay mage from Inquisition becoming a magister is not enough, the other "Good Magister (TM)" in tevinter is a mtf tranny that's hinted at in the one of the ending slides of Trespasser.

This would be amazing but too bad that some people killed their wardens. Although if Bio really wanted to redeem themselves they could make it that you could either play as your warden or a new warden with completely different conversations. Although no protagonist voice acting.

> I know it would be difficult to do even with all the choices, then of course since the Warden's personality and ideas players have for their characters range massively, it would get a good amount of backlash

But also
>e really shitty of Bio to just say "hey your choices don't matter

lol

Anyway, it was just an idea I had, you can replace the Warden with any other character like Loghain if he lived. Or just make a new one, have your Warden either support this or go against this.

>that one scene with everyone singing

I don't think I ever cringed at a video game before that.

So fucking out of place holy shit. Reminds me of a shitty attempt at recreating the Leliana one and even that one was pretty out of place

I liked it honestly, I thought the attack on Haven was one of the only things that was executed well

The song and the singing weren't great but outside of Leliana they were regular ass people who dont sing singing a church song.

Cullen joining in was pushing it though

I actually didn't mind it. RPing as devout holy warrior it was one of the few moments that actually made you feel like you were leading a religious army on a holy war.

When I got to it I realized that it's even more terrible than I thought.

It isn't just a cringy Hobbit rip off, it's a completely artificial "emotional low point" that comes too soon in the story's runtime, has no real emotional build up and in the same cutscene you get a new base dropped on your lap which completely invalidates any kind of emotional impact it wished it had because the game just solves your problem for you.

The whole game is like that. It's just a series of events that happen because the script demands it, not a story that progresses naturally. I wish I could do a Plinkett-style breakdown of it one day because even a pleb like me saw the glaring problems it has but I'm too lazy and untalented to do it.

Bioware is fucking obsessed with musical numbers now and they need to fucking quit.

When there aren't any active old gods the darkspawn are content to just so domineering each other in the deep roads and occasionally form a small raiding army that the dwarves can kick the shit out of, archdemons being gone for good means they would never organize beyond that

But lel grey wardens don't matter, dark spawn don't matter

Inquisitor > warden

Cory/Dread Wolf > nig nog dragon and architect

Cassandra > morrigan and leliena

Dorian and Solas > Zevran and Alistar

Hero of thedas > Hero of feralden

The Inquisition forces > the warden forces

DAI > DAO

The mother was cut off from the calling and when insane and staged an invasion that nearly flattened Amaranthine. It took several tries before the architect could cut them off without it making them go crazy. It cannot naturally happen, he is the only one who can currently do it.

No old gods=No calling No calling=Darkspawn wash over the world like a plague without an Archdemon "off button"

Opposing the Architect is opposing Thedas' only hope

Except elfMoby makes a comment about things going bad when the old gods disappear, but he doesn't expand on it, so Bioware probably has an in-built defense against the world's conflicts being solved by killing the archdemons.

>And someone even said it Inquisition was the bestest game ever once you got past The Hinterlands. Aw, ain't he cute? His name is Stanry. I adopted him from a grocery store parking lot.

>Inquisitor > warden

Tip for next time, you dont open up with obviously wrong shit.

Has their ever been a shittier post in the history of this board?

>Morrigan and TopLel are both in the game
>A male Inquisitor can't romance either of them
>A straight male is limited to Cas who looks like a man, and Josephine who is more boring than simply masturbating
I mean holy shit a fucking Bromance with Cullen would be better than this shit

>Did you guys also realize that the plot of Inquisition was basically the plot of Mass Effect but exceedingly more retarded?
every BioWare plot is the exact same thing with different names
surprised you're only noticing this now

Is there a way to play this game without going mad from the god-awful combat?

>qunari femquisitor
>can't romance cullen

Dropped so hard. What's the point of giving us amazons if we can't have femdom?

Don't play mage, go artificier rogue, daggers or bows your pick

I know a lot of people dislike the song, but I honestly found this the most cringeworthy part of the entire game.

The game suddenly started gushing about how smart, great and hardcore this woman was and did not even let me respond to her fucking THREATENING me at the end of her shitty quest. It also made Varric look like a chump.

At least with Mass Effect it made some sense
With Inquisition it's just "somehow an elf/qunari rogue spying on the event is able to waltz on in to the fucking Divine's room with no problems whatsoever"

I'd say not playing it but if you're bent on it I found out that the two fastest ways of finishing the shitty fights quickly was to either spec into Templar and do the aoe nuke combo or spec into Reaver and spam dragon rage.

>BioWare game
>threatening a woman

>Bioware tries everything in their power to make them hardline unattractive so I can't fulfill my filthy straight white male fetishes
>Mfw I mod the game and look up sliders to make it happen anyway

Also male qunari inquisitors and iron bull dont even look like the same species practically. They fucked over Qunari and their lore so fucking badly. I wanted my fantasy muslims not totalitarian bullmen.

>The quest chain didn't have an option to help Varric stop getting cucked by this woman
Having this abusive bitch hanging over Varric's character is some 50 Shades tier shit

Qunari were way more intriguing when it was implied they were just fuckhuge people and not lolhalfdragons

I've been playing through this too after being caught up in the """HYPE""" of the game and buying it day one only to be disappointed a lot. I've given it a second chance and while it's not AS bad as I thought it would be, it's still mediocre at best. A step up from DA2? Definitely, but that isn't saying much.

Luckily, in the world I built, I sacrificed my Warden at the end of Origins, so at least I didn't get to see them fucking my Warden up. Oddly, though, my Hawke seemed to have amnesia and didn't really act the way I recall acting in 2, despite my "World State" saying otherwise.

>Terribad gameplay

You know, It's fucking strange. I went with Rogue(Dual blades + Tempest spec) and when my moves actually work the way I expect them to it feels really good. Specifically the zipping around the battlefields with the hook that costs no stamina and has no cooldown, until it leads to wonky hit detection or me ending up in a place I shouldn't be. Had a High Dragon fight reset on me once because of this and it was upsetting. And then there is the Twin Fangs move, which literally sometimes decides it doesn't want to connect. Thankfully, a failed hit doesn't put the skill on cooldown, but the Flank Attack skill has similar problems with connecting and DOES go to cooldown even if you miss for NO reason. At least with the spec I went with, it feels like there are remnants of fun combat to be hide, but it still has that fucking trademarked Bioware jank.

The fact that it ended with Varric walking out of the room because she fucked up majorly and her saying "Hurr if you do anything bad to him I'll cut your balls off." pissed me the fuck off more than anything else.

IT'S YOUR FUCKING FAULT HE'S IN THIS SITUATION YOU RETARDED BITCH, AND I'M JESUS ON STEROIDS WHO HAS KILLED 5 DRAGONS BY THEN. FUCK YOU.

>I wanted my fantasy muslims not totalitarian bullmen
They've literally never been anything but a complete rip-off of the Seanchan from Wheel of Time.

I'm honestly surprised they've never been sued by Jordan's estate.

Don't fucking remind me

>oh shit that bigass demon is chasing us and our way out is over there
>so why don't we just keep running then
>NO! ONE OF US MUST SACRIFICE OURSELVES
>why
>BECAUSE OTHERWISE IT WILL CATCH UP TO US
>but we've got myself, Solas, Vivienne, Dorian, and Hawke here. That's five fucking mages. Surely we can put up some ice walls behind us while we run? Or shit, we can kill that demon for sure, us mages are overpowered as fuck, and Alistair/Loghain/Stroud is hardly a slouch at combat. Fuck, the six of us could take on some dickhead demon.
>NO ONE OF US MUST DIE SENSELESSLY
>alright cya Hawke your game was shit

What pisses me off is how abrupt it is in ending. His Tarot changing was the first time I saw it happen in my playthrough and it did a good job in immediately wanting to figure out whats going on with him since he appeared to be suffering. But no, it's just a cue to say HE HAS A PERSONAL QUEST TO DO AND IT SUCKS. The scene in the tavern afterwords was good imo, and seeing his Tarot change yet again was cool, but that quest and Bianca were just fucking lame. Shame, because Varric is easily my favorite of the Goonies squad.

>do a "ruthless inquisitor" playthrough
>Bianca threatens me
>can't kill her then and there
game's pretty shit desu

You can't even be mean to people in this game. The raunciest it gets is being able to yell in frustration.

Also every conversation with the niggress made you look like an idiot. Seriously, fuck Bioware.

Are you referring to Vivienne? As soon as I recruited her I did not talk to her at all in my playthrough. She ended up staring at literally nothing in the middle of Skyhold for the whole game. I was THAT uninterested in her.

Christ I wanted to BLEACH her so hard.

Bioware should have kept the Rivalry Romance thing from DA2.

Yeah. In trying to make her be a "sassy" smart lady" Bioware made you act like a retard when talking to her so that she sounds smarter.

She gets bleached anyway cause she's already in a relationship with an old white guy.

I wanna give DAI a playtrough just to finish things, but I heard the quest are basically offline MMO quests. Like fuck that's the worst.

The most important things we lost with voiced protags in my opinion are
>Making a decision for different reasons, no matter your own justification your Inquisitor becomes a tyrant when they tell the Grey Wardens to go back to Weisshaupt
There's several times where you can make The Warden in Origins do something bad but basically as a "Well looks like this is our opions/Negotiation has failed" way or jump straight into an aggressive choice
>Being allowed some wiggle room on interpreting how you said some lines

Don't. I'd honestly rather replay DA2 than DAI.

The main quests aren't bad at all, but yes, the sidequests are basically MMO-tier