Confidence

how exactly do you get confidence in competitive video games? I earn the mechanics and practice, but even then I have trouble having confidence to apply what I learned. Sometimes I can't deal with the fact that someone has the extreme willpower to beat me. it feels like they control the Game. even matches i win, i alwayd go in saying to myself I'll lose. How do I fix this?

bump

Fight people until you start winning.

git gud

can we talk about this

You sound like a bitch ass that thinks everyone in life is better then them. That's probably true, you sound like a dumb cunt.

its a fucking video game. You can play till your eyes bleed, but you can't fix being a bitch ass easy.

Start beating people. Learn from your mistakes, and relish in your victories.

Also, practice.

Play Kirby and fucking down air the fuck out of the opponent with your nasty foot appendages.

Soon they will lose all hope.

I've never ever cared about Smash Summit whoring and never will unless aMSa is a part of it.

hugs is a huge faggot

But we could potentially meme the sphinx into summit.

stop being a faggot and keep training in your game

Theres too much adreneline in your system OP. Just have to keep yourself exposed to that level of adreneline till u get used to it.

Practice makes perfect friend!

Numbers is the meme, not Hugs.

He's not even going to be funny like Mafia was in doubles. He's just another cancerous ICs main.

Mew2king is that you?

I guess that'll work
that everylnee is better than me mindset ironically motivates me to do better

Considering m2k hasn't been able to fix that problem in over 13 years then I think you're out of luck

If you ask this kind of question you are stupid and will never make to the top 1% in anything.

You sound like the over analytical guy that never quite get it, and never reach the "flow" state.

I am really sorry for you but you should consider something else.

>Sometimes I can't deal with the fact that someone has the extreme willpower to beat me

Look at this poor little fuckboy who never played Little League.

Sometimes you lose nigga get over it.

e-sports are for faggots. don't play

>See professional Smash Players
>Twitching like they have Parkinsons
>Can never get to their level

Actually enjoy the fucking game for once. It's extremely difficult to improve at a fast rate if you don't love Melee. Melee is literally mostly mentality after mid level. At the end of the day its just a game so don't take it too seriously. There's a fine line between wanting to absolutely win and getting in your own head.

Fundamentals are key. Don't try to reinvent the fucking wheel. Melee is a solved game despite what memers might tell you. There's a reason why niggas like Ken still are godlike despite having shit tech skill compared to the newer generation.

Finally practice makes perfect. But make sure your practice has a specific reason. Play to learn instead of winning in friendlies too.

How do we kill New England?
They have to be stopped.

M2K has started beating his demons more consistently recently. Dude was the closest to beating Armada at G4 next to S2J. Everyone else literally flopped on the ground and took the big Nigerian BBC while Armada fulfilled his cuck fetish like the good Swede he is.

>Infinite Numbers in
>KirbyKaze out

FUCK THIS GAY EARTH I DON'T EVEN WANT TO WATCH THIS SHITTY EVENT ANYMORE

KirbyKaze isn't out yet.
But The Moon is ;_;

What? They're just not gonna let people come because of a poll? What the fuck?

It's a invitational that is meant to only include the best players from the world.

The first summit was a meme event that allowed any idiot to be voted in so we had niggas like Kage who are godlike but play a shit character get rekt and Alex19 before he was decent.

I always saw myself as a smash god since i am 13 years old, and this never changed.

12 years later it's still in the back of my mind, and the reason why i never doubt my skill, you sound like the kind of people i eat for dinner, or skip on for glory with condescending stance.

Doesn't mean i am, but i have enough skill to have this confidence, i don't self doubt myself like a little whiny bitch, i beat event 51 without losing a stock, i don't need external validation.

The first time i got cruched in melee when i didn't knew about the advanced tech(like 10 fucking years ago), i just went on youtube the following night practiced, and got my skill updated.
No big deal, stop being a pussy.

You sound like the type of scrub who goes 0-2 at locals.

I bet that sounded a lot cooler in your head

>it's not pasta

well I guess it is now

Name a better outcome than Lucky, Shroomed, S2J, and Rudolph

oohhh I didn't know it was an invitational. Never mind then.

La Luna is out so I'm 100% down with Rudolph getting in.

He's like a long shot because Japan doesn't seem to really care about melee.

Tons of people loved Amsa in NA/EU so anything is possible with meme magic.

Meme magic allowed people like Kage at the first event.

just look at them as they are, humans, you are also an human, so stop thinking they are better than you, its just a game, not a business decision, if you lose you will not lose much, if you win, you just got better.

this also works on life

>Syrox who has been on the comeup and is essentially young Mang0 is gone
>Moon is gone, who has some of the best color commentary in Smash
>Android will probably fly to the top because "muh brother" even though he usually sinks in Top 48
>Are only chances of good picks are Ice, Rudoph, KK, and S2J

Amsa would be 10/10 but he apparently has a strict Japanese job so he wouldn't be able to take time off for summit.

I should've worded my first post differently. I'm the most afraid playing other people seriously when I'm doing dumb shit with friends or my brother I'm relaxed. but when it's straight up skill, I panic. I usually try not to show it.
you're right. I just worry about specific people being better than me. also I used to play some baseball when I was 13, and football sophomore year of high school, but even then I worried about being lower than others

There's a famous quote about Federer

>"You have to enjoy winning more than you dislike losing."

It seems simple enough, but it's actually extremely hard to get yourself 'there' to that mindset. That's literally what it takes to be the best in the world or the best in the room.

Imagine getting all the way to the finals, and then lose. You finish in 2nd place.

Your gut reaction to reading that sentence indicates how much you need to grow yourself as a competitive player. Glad to see you're receptive to criticism -- that will get you a long way.

lucky shroomed and s2j are boring picks t b h, they enter everything and are in the best region and constantly get top player practice. fuck califags. i want to see chudat, syrox, rudolph, ice. too bad none of them will get in.

Confidence comes with knowledge and experience

You learn by doing, and after doing it for a long time all of the nuances and muscle memory come naturally and you no longer need to think about them

Desensitize yourself

I was a nervous wreck when I started my new job. But now a year in, after doing it 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, all the stuff that used to worry me doesn't even pop up in my head

Just do whatever you're scared of a whole bunch 'till it stops being scary. This goes for anything

I really, really want Rudolph at the Summit. I like the rest of the entrants, but international representation should take precedence. We see S2j/Lucky/Shroomed all the time. It probably cost Rudolph a little over a grand to attend Smash events, so this would be super nice.

My dude, if you want some legitimate advice...
Actively strive to being a better player. Try to not be salty. Watch yourself play, take note of mistakes. Try to learn from players. Ask better players questions. Don't see yourself as losing, but instead learning what you can do. Watch what they're doing, you know where your character is, try to respond to their movements. Also, don't see yourself as winning, either, because you'll just get shitty that way, see that you need a bigger challenge, and play against people that you either lose against regularly, or people that you win back and forth with. Just be sure to keep learning, and never stop.

Keep it up, my dude.

The first 3 are califags. These asshole already get god tier practice. They don't need summit to level up or to represent there region. As meme tier as Mafia was last year, it was better than another nigga who can literally drive to the venue from his house.

Melee community sucks off Socal way too much.

T.Asshurt Tristate Player

>Fucking Infaninte Numbers
Ok, even Nintendude's ICs does something watchable once in a while. Every game I've seen from Numbers has been nothing but wobbling. He looks like a pretty boring dude overall as well, but I guess this event can prove me wrong.

Hugs will be amazing for couch commentary, a lesser but fitting replacement for Moon not being there.

>tfw Midwest player
>tfw barren as fuck scene, locals are at least a 20-40 minute drive because anything closer has dryed up
>The only reprsentation we get is Duck, Kalamazu, KJH, and Darkrain

At least I'm a 30 minute drive away from CunningKitsune, which is cool

I don't see how he got in before chu. Chu is the superior mememan and has surprisingly great tournament results.

thanks. if it's one thing I worry about the most, it's people taunting me and talking about the fact that they won. I always have a crazy urge to prove then wrong for my sake. I know it's pathetic to let people irk you a bit, bit it is what it js

>Melee is a solved game despite what memers might tell you. There's a reason why niggas like Ken still are godlike

top kek. you clearly don't know shit about Melee

9th at Evo before he basically quit again is pretty good m8.

anyone can participate at Evo?

did that really help him win?

Ice, Kirbykaze, Chu, and Rudolf. Johnny is almost for sure going to get in tomorrow though. I think Lucky will fall off as he is not as popular as S2J and Android is exiting the race to try and bolster Ice's numbers. For some reason every Summit all of Europe tries to get in and they terribly split their votes. Ice may or may not make it on the final day of voting. Chu has both a stream following and regional support so I think he will likely get in. Shroomed is a coin flip. Its grim for KK and Rudolph.

Step 1
>find yourself a qt gf
Step 2
>fight for her honor

Just gotta tap into your instinct desu

>Get qt GF
>You now have no more time to git gud at melee

I have a girlfriend but she plays sm4sh. she's actually not bad at it

you make a really good point.

as someone who has the will to win, I don't know what to tell you, I just love to win and hate to lose.

I go for flashy finishes when I control a match in any game or video game.

Armada has a qt gf tho

How are you gonna ignore the Midwest's best representative, THE (2nd) BEST PUFF PLAYER ON EARTH.

All of the best players have qt gfs except for mew2king

Eh Abu's cool, atleast he's more personable than Hbox

That's not saying much.

how do you deal with people who taunt or make fun of you or embarrass you?

I had the same issue with ladder on sc2. Just gotta go in you will lose so many times and get frustrated. But when you come back a day later you will feel better about everything and eventually the shakes will leave and you will be good. The feeling of knowing you could lose is what you have to get over and the only way to get over it is by losing.

you reach a point where it doesn't mean anything anymore. Just focus on fundamentals and reads. If you're pretty sure you know what they're going to do, don't doubt yourself and act on it. I still struggle with it but i just kept at it.