It's night time and I'm scared. Please don't discuss horror games in this thread!

It's night time and I'm scared. Please don't discuss horror games in this thread!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l5c9dGt-kYU
youtu.be/w6_PsGlrPMU
youtube.com/watch?v=eQYZPwEdPoo
youtube.com/watch?v=o7YBjGALEL0
youtube.com/watch?v=-toPM8_9a4g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

alright

Here are some scary games that I'd like you to refrain from discussing.

BOO!

Let us not mention skeletons either.

is SOMA scary?

No really, just "tense" sometimes

Lets talk about music instead

youtube.com/watch?v=l5c9dGt-kYU

youtu.be/w6_PsGlrPMU

He's worried than a human is gonna envelope him. Imagine being a skeleton and being trapped inside a fleshy prison.

Well that was flaccid

>fake black and white bullshit
thats the equivalent of pixelshit, its not this authentic
youtube.com/watch?v=eQYZPwEdPoo

Alien: Isolation

Depends how easily you get scared, from 1-10 I'd say it's a strong 6 in the scary department. The game is great, go play it before you get spoiled

I didn't realize American Mcgee did twisted fairy tales outside of Alice.

youtube.com/watch?v=o7YBjGALEL0

The monsters in SOMA have their moments, but I think they play second banana to the existentialism and depressive elements of the story.

amateur game dev here, I'm working on this

youtube.com/watch?v=-toPM8_9a4g

This is a really old prototype but what would you like to see in it? Game is about being a no lyfe NEET. You'll have to feed yourself and shower and sleep while spooky shit happens.

>what would you like to see in it?
I suppose that depends on the structure of the game.

Does it continue on, every day starting normal before increasingly surreal things happen? Are the other people living in the house a factor? Are there puzzles or is mainly just navigating around threats?

I'm still unsure. On one hand I'd like to let the player take control of the protag, meaning that not even taking the time to eat/shower/sleep will make him go crazier but then I'd have to make a the spooks based on that freedom (ala Gone home where you can ignore the progression if you know how to finish it). On the other hand I could have the player's sanity linked to his eating/showering habits while forcing him to sleep after he's progressed enough, allowing for a more linear experience that still gives the player some freedom to let himself go or take care of his hygiene and hunger.

I'm still filling the house up with furniture while I think about this.

Wanna know what's spooky? Using an incomplete beta version of a classic game to remaster.

Some monsters were worse than others.

I like the concept with the eye at the end. Are all the scares meant to tie into the protagonist's personal issues, representing what they're dealing with?

yes and no. The idea is that the protag downloads a demon.exe game. That demon wants you to do nothing but play the game and stay in your room. If you try and get out, he'll try to scare you back into it by throwing whatever he can at you, starting soft but getting crazier as time goes. He'll also make you relive painful memories like your 20th birthday with just you and your mom. It'll be only you your mom and your dad but the game will start by introducing them and then they'll leave for the week.

Do you have the choice to just chill out on your haunted computer all day then?

Is it just me, or has Killing Floor 2 completely lost the atmosphere and charm of the previous game.

KF1, and especially the mod, actually had nice horror vibes. KF2 not at all.