PSP Games

Has anyone else played this? I've never heard about it anywhere, I had copy as a kid but didn't know how to RPG and got my ass handed to me and dropped it. Found it in a box like a week ago, tried it again since it's not worth much to sell and I'm actually quite enjoying it.

It's pretty hardcore but very generic, I played the third one on Vita but it somehow ended up being much more clunky than the originals, still liked it somewhat though.

I checked out some videos of the sequels on youtube and was shocked how clunky they looked. The original gives me the impression it's kind of a budget title but wow

Fun little piss easy srpg.

I got it that one time they gave the game away for free on PSN

Didn't get very far

Ah they gave it away for free? Guess it was to try to build the name recognition for the sequels

I own that but never tried it. Heard lots of great things.

It was like the end of 2013 or so

The art style, setting, characters and plot are all decent, and the transformation mechanic is fun. Taking something from history (especially an event that has become mired in folklore) and making an rpg out of it with a bunch of over-the-top fictional shit added was a legit neat concept. Overall a fun game.

Honestly it would be a top tier genre entry if it was balanced better to not be so easy.

im kinda confused on how it being piss easy is an issue when literally every game like it is easy

fftactics drowns you in uniques
tactics ogre gives you a guy who can fly and use bows who can just assassinate the head of basically any army on his own since bows do absurd damage and the map design is terrible
tactics a and a2 get stomped by viera and status effects
onimusha gets stomped by just throwing the main at stuff and activating oni mode if he gets in trouble
valkyrie profile is stomped by using any of the greatsword characters, even in the bonus dungeon

none of the games like this have been even remotely challenging ever

No wonder I didn't find a good estimate to sell my copy at...
How long is it if you remember? The only other SRPG's I've played are FFTA and Disgaea (also on the PSP :3 ) but finished neither

Any srpg fan already knows FFT and TO are easy to break. They're entry level games. That's why they get name dropped so much. They're still nowhere near as piss easy as Jeanne d'Arc.

FFTA and A2 are just all around bland, subpar srpgs.

Valkyrie Profile isn't an srpg.

Onimusha Tactics is hot garbage.

It doesn't sound like you've played enough of these games to know what you're talking about. Things like Dark Wizard, Langrisser II, Growlanser IV, FEV and Shining Force don't babby mode players like those other games, just to name some other moderately known ones. Not that they're HARDCORE GAMER challenging, because, well, they're still damn turn-based rpgs, but there's a distinct difference between draindead whack-a-moling everything to death and actually having to make good use of the game's mechanics to win, and most srpg fans aren't ever going to be fully satisfied with the former.

And then you have shit like Hoshigami, Natural Doctrine and Eternal Poison.

He means VP Covenant of the Plume

If you blaze through the main story, maybe 25 hours I'd say.

If you plod and like to do everything, it could stretch 50.

You're probably right.

I actually assumed he meant Valkyria Chronicles. I just didn't feel like being cooperative.

Kind of related, Bounty Hounds was one of my first PSP games and it blew my mind as a kid seeing what the PSP could handle. Nothing groundbreaking though. Now I google it and the IP is being used for an MMO? Weird

Half minute hero
Rengoku 1 & 2
Coded Arms if you could somehow manage to fucking get the PSP controls to work in your favor.
Dungeon Maker had clunky movement but I enjoyed those games, I miss stuff from that developer. All their stuff clearly had borrowed mechanics and some code from one another, but the games were fun.

Also the entire main Department Heaven series is on PSP. Riviera, Yggdra Union, Knights in the Nightmare, Gungnir. All decent.

Anyone ever play Jikandia? I remember seeing it around, but I didn't know anyone that played PSP games outside of MH or GTA where I used to live at the time.

The demo of it made it seem poorly thought out for a full game concept.

Who /infected/ here?
>Coded Arms
Was Contagion any good?

Yes, Contagion was a really good time (if you had friends to play it with).