Imagine how shit Bloodborne would've been if someone like CDPR or Bethesda developed it

Imagine how shit Bloodborne would've been if someone like CDPR or Bethesda developed it

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1JL5acskAT_2t062HILImBkV8eXAwaqOj611mSjK-vZ8/edit
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Truly, the West should never be allowed to make a game ever again.

But there's no trail to follow on the map...

At least Xbone Bloodbourne would be 50 FPS

DELETE THIS

This post doesn't make sense

The One is more powerful than the PS4

This makes too much sense

I love images like this. Can you dump more of these?

I hate map markers, I really believe "Quest Markers" have almost single handedly destroyed good game design.

I wish I could survive by drinking Bloodbornefag tears only, I would live eternally

What did he mean by this?

The One has the power of the cloud, unlike the PS4

Notice how Witcherfags only claim to fame is graphics and awards. Wouldn't dare compare the gameplay.

>goty 2015
>witcher
If you have a serious case of massive shit taste

woah...so this is western rpg game play....

Picked up this beauty last week. Already close to finishing main story.

Try to be as spoiler-free as possible to me, but I want to know some stuff.

A friend mentioned that there's a "true" secret final boss fight you can unlock through umbillical cords. I have no idea what or who, so pls.
I already got spoilered so I know "the old man waits below the tree" means final boss fight with Ghermann. Still don't know why, but I'll look up VaatiVidya after the game.

Now, the question; where do I go before I go under the tree? I still need to collect two pieces according to my friend.

This image illustrates a good point, but saying "what makes a quest good is challenge" like it's a universal fact right away strips it of credibility.

It should have said "what makes a good quest is not treating the player like a braindead retard".

Video games are supposed to be challenging. Maybe visual novels are more up to your speed

No, what makes a good quest is treating it like a fucking quest, not a coloring book made for 6 year olds.

You have to hold LB to turn on hunter vision which highlights your route and lets you see enemies through walls.

Theres one in Iosefkas Clinic after the blood moon, you can get there from the woods

Theres one you get from the whore you save to the chapel, if you saved her that is

Theres one at the very end of the mandatory bosses

Theres one at the healing church workshop, in the hidden door halfway down the tower you descend on

If you killed Iosefka earlier on in the game before the blood moon, and didn't get the whore to the chapel, you're fucked out of the ending. Otherwise you're fine.

You need to consume three Third Umbilical Cords to get what you want and there are four in the game.
One of them is given to you free, which you already have, from the sounds of it.
One of them is in a secret area that you access from above the chapel. Keep your eye out whilst dropping down the planks.
The other two are missable. Go check the area between the chapel and the graveyard where you fought Gascoigne. If you find a woman there, you can get it. Otherwise, you've missed it.
The other is in Iosefka's Clinic, but can only be obtained after the blood moon. If you haven't fucked up getting that one yet, it should be obvious why when you get there.

S-SHUT UP. Y-YOU FUCKING IDIOT. THERE'S NO WAY THIS COULD BE TRUE.

There are 4 Umbilical Cord Thirds throughout the game. They are a consumable that grants insight.

If you have consumed 3+ of them throughout the course of the game, you'll get an extra boss after Gherman, and following that, the third ending.

More severe spoilers below:
Umbilical Cord List:
1: Impostor Iosefka in her Clinic (Accessed From Woods)
2: Mergo's Wet Nurse (Final boss in Nightmare)
3: The Old Workshop (During drop-down sequence below Church Workshop).
4: Pregnant Prostitute's Alien Baby (If you keep her alive and talk to her repeatedly, during the final phases of the game she will give birth in the watery cellar between the Chapel and Gagscione's boss room).

Eat 3 and get new boss.

Endings:
1.) Yield to Gerhman; die.
2.) Kill Gerhman, having not eaten 3 cords. Become the next Gerhman.
3.) Kill Gerhman, having eaten 3 cords, Kill the Moon Spirit, become a baby great one and personal pet of the doll.

Xbone baiting might've worked 1-2 years ago when it wasn't clearly on life support.

They actually tested how much power an Xbone has and it literally rivals a nuclear powerplant, no joke.

I have the whore in my chapel and I dont even know who iosefka is. I got one of her bloodvials before the wet nurse fight. What's there in the upper chapel btw? I went there but I quit playing today. I assumed there would be another boss with a cord.

>witcherfags defend this

There are two bosses up there.
Iosefka's clinic is where you start the game, you can talk to her through the door if you go back early on. There's a path from the woods to the back entrance of the clinic, so you can get into the rest of the building.

too bad you can't use your witcher sense to find a good game lmfao

I personally think it has untapped potential

Everything has untapped potential.

But that would require effort, user. you know, actual game development, instead of a hamfisted story littered with tired Aesop tropes and flashy, slutty character models

Witchers are hunters that canonically have exceptional trailing skills.

Yeah, it feels cheap in Witcher 3 when everything is pointed out like that with the witcher senses and quest markers. Like you're just kind of going through the motions everytime, searching for everything that's highlighted red in the big orange circle. I don't really get why almost every quest has this mechanic. But the game still manages to keep things very fun and interesting in other ways, and is overall a great time.

What better way to tap that potential than by cancelling everything that isn't halo and just giving up

Oh right. So I can just collect the cords now? Two more bosses? Neat.

Wait, did you mean the upper cathedral ward? Or above the chapel?

you can get iosefka's chord after rom

i agree.
it's not the challenge exactly that matters. if witcher took away all that helper shit it has, the quests would be more challenging, but they'd actually be worse because the game isn't built around the quests working WITHOUT those things.

why is bloodborne so EASY

why couldn't from give you like 3 max blooodvials at the start so you couldn't heal through everything

why can you just parry everything

why an you heal from hitting things

So yeah, its literally shit by its own design.

>why is bloodborne so EASY
>why do i have this opinion?
I'm not kidding, where did talking like this begin? And why did anyone latch onto it?

Because its a way of making a claim sound verified without evidence. Then when anyone tries to argue, the original post can be referenced to remind you that the claim has already been proved and there is no point in discussion.

I can't be the only one who thinks Bloodborne really fell short in design.
It felt like they were starting to design a pretty strong thing, but once they got done with the combat they just put it into a half-hearted Souls-like structure, and thus never reached either the potential of Bloodborne's new ideas or the potential of Souls old ideas.

That's valid. I still think it's stupid to ask why you have an opinion, but that at least is a good explanation.

Don't use them?

bb wasn't even that good desu

yeah imagine if bloodborne had actual world building, a developed plot, and characters existed. That would be terrible. I'd rather just stick with spamming roll for 16 hours and then watching the credits

Yeah

Definitely could have been a much bigger game. I think that they needed more content in the middle, like instead of jumping to Rom and then going full space horror, maybe link some shit in there. Give us a reason to suspect it and then throw us in full bore.

Why will FromSoft never be greater and Rockstar, Kojima Production or CDPR? Legit question

You get what I mean?

>CDPR
>Game would be gorgeous, rpg story telling would be fantastic.
>Bethesda
>Big open world with lots to do

I dunno senpai, bb done by those two companies wouldn't really bother me.

>CDPR
They aren't a great company, though. They have great designers, certainly, but they really don't make great games.

because literal children can complete bloodborne without issue.

Only autistic, insecure faggots consider any video game difficult

docs.google.com/document/d/1JL5acskAT_2t062HILImBkV8eXAwaqOj611mSjK-vZ8/edit

But it does, it just doesn't shove a cutscene every 5 minutes in your face

Becasue they get 80 million+ to make a game.

FromSoft has to beg for money.

>where did talking like this begin?
>because literal children can complete bloodborne without issue.
Who taught you how to read?

If developers focused on making smaller worlds with more content, I think we would still get games with quests like Gothic 2. The problem is that they make these massive, mostly empty worlds and you would be walking around a bland landscape for literal hours without the batman vision and GPS markers, for no reason other than to increase how tedious the gameplay is. If a game world is too big, not having map markers, objectives, GPS, etc fucking ruins it because I don't want to spend 5 hours trying to finish one quest walking around and hoping to spot the objective.

>muh headcanon means the video game was well written

this is what soulsniggers ACTUALLY BELIEVE

>headcanon
You can stop trying to bait now

Yes. Dark souls had better level design

>le handicap yourself meme

>mario is too easy
>lol just dont jump. dont use the tools the game gives you

fuck off.

FromSoft will just never really compete

It's depressing when you realize that this isn't really exaggerating at all.

I hope they drop the teleporting mechanic in future games. Dark Souls world felt cohesive because teleporting didn't exist, and when it finally was received it felt well earned. With teleporting in from the first rest point the developers can now make everything into paths that don't loop around or connect to each other because the player doesn't have to rely on clever world design to travel anymore.

>I'd rather read a book/watch a movie than play a game
No way fag

>CDPR
So a Telltale conversation simulator with shit combat and an empty open world? Niiiice.

I'd say it needs better world design, the level design is actually top notch both in BB and DaSIII

where do you get the "supposed to be" from

TW3 and BB I can understand, but fucking FO4 and MGSV? The fuck outa here nigga, those games were legit unironically shit.

>The fuck outa here
I agree with your overall point, but not posting verbs diminishes the value of what you have to say.

I agree with that
But mostly what I mean is stuff like the level design. It's good, but there feels like much less of an incentive to explore. In Souls, items and equipment and stuff are a much bigger deal. In Demon's specifically, you have item burden and tendency which makes exploring and finding items an even more significant and methodical thing.
Bloodborne took away these exploratory incentives but kept the same style of level design. I love the combat, but I feel like, in most cases, the only reason to explore is to kill everything and find the critical path. The level design in this way doesn't feel very purposeful, it just feels like it's meant to be big to temporarily confuse you, and unlike Souls, there aren't several game elements all working toward making it satisfying to explore.
I feel like they needed to fill that exploratory gap with something else. The way they described time and enemy schedules before the game released made me think that would be a major part of it, like you'd have to be mindful of in-game time depending on what you wanted to do and where you had to go. Unfortunately, all they were referring to was enemies having small routines when you were in the area to trigger them.

But Bloodborne has good world design and most areas loop around.

> but fucking FO4 and MGSV?

Literally the only issue for MGSV was that it was largely incomplete. Game play was great.

The main problem with many modern games. Rainbow six siege would fall apart if you didn't have drones and cameras. The ironic part is that a crutch that was intended for players is actually a crutch for developers.

Eh, BB can be flat at times. Haven't played ds3 but it doesn't look like it has the interconnectivity of the first one

Yeah I'll give you that, the gameplay/combat was interesting, but the missions, bosses and the ways you'd interact with the levels was largely shit. The nonexistent story and shitty characters just added to it unfortunately.

>there feels like much less of an incentive to explore
Certainly. You find the occasional item and that's it. That's not enough. There needs to be something interesting.
>they needed to fill that exploratory gap with something else
Informative diary entries on the local NPCs or enemies/bosses would have satiated this. Souls games only kind of do this but this wasn't meant to be a souls game(even though it basically is). Give us etchings or diary pages from some unknown person who interacts with the area long before you get there.

After 2017 we'll have RDR2, BotW and TW3 that are all better than BB.

Still a great game, won't be remembered as the best of the generation though.

I completely agree, however I think that it feels as though teleporting was a late addition, with some bonfires spaced out only a few feet from each other due to bosses dropping them. This teleporting defeats much of the purpose of these paths in bloodborne because it makes it entirely unwieldy to ever take them. Remember in Dark Souls not every bonfire could be warped to.

>But Bloodborne has good world design and most areas loop around.
Yeah, a whole two fucking times that become useless at the point you unlock those in game. Fucking awesome.

Bonfire warp was a mistake.

>world design
no, it's just on par with DaS3. The areas are coherently distributed, but they almost never connect with each others except for a point. The only true one is the backdoor to iosefka clinic. Yahargul closing onto old yahrnam is so bland that's actually misaable
as I've said, level design. The world design is shite like in BB

can anyone explain why people play western rpgs

>Linear map
>Objectives

Are you retarded?

JRPGfags are in it for waifus and waifus only

>on par with DaS3

nice reaction image, but can you back it up? Or are you one of the "hip" haters?

>muh backtracking
Seriously? Warping doesn't detract anything at all from the game.

Lol no. DaS 3 world design is literally a straight arrow, doesn't really compare

I don't know, missplaced chauvinism maybe.

well placed priorities

Are you trying to claim that warping doesn't trivialize shortcuts that would otherwise be useful?

DS3 world design is the worst, not even on the same tier as DeS, DS1, DS2 or even BB.

That's what makes Das and des memorable. It's better than waiting for a loading screen to end.

are western rpgs atheist?

If you enjoy backtracking so much, you can always not warp, it's not like you're forced to

A lot of western rpgs, much like jrpgs, tend to deal with divine presences.

why does dark souls 3 have less areas than dark souls 1? it felt longer