Retarded Items

Retarded Items

Adapt.

>he doesn't know how to drift boost away
I've only done it once

In MK8 you can use the horn to destroy it

Fuck this filth

Can't get hit by the Blue Shell if you're never in first.

I just can't help being so fucking good all the time

but isn't that another randomly dependent (retarded) item?

if its a tight race, slam the brakes and try to take as many with you before the finish line.

Whether you do that or not depends if you play the game seriously or just for fun.

It doesn't effect you while you're blocking, friend.

can someone shop this quick with a "I am not blueshelled"?

imo its more retarded.

In DD I've been hit several times by the explosion even when I'm in second but almost first.

I saw it hit three people once because it's a fucking nuke. And also, the retarded part is that "you can't get hit by the blue shell if you're never in first" that was a good tweet though.

Blue shells fucking suck
They don't even help the people in 7th place

Get good. In mario kart DD I could snake away from blue shells. I was a fucking god at that game desu. Didnt realize it as a child be I was seconds off world recs.

Not to be a trouneyfag but I kinda wish you could choose what items the game would give you in custom games

This, blue shells only exist to fuck over whoever's winning, not to help who gets it.

I know it's not a competitive series. But anything that screws someone over because they are better is completely unfair.
How about just earn your way to first and stop trying to make it fun for everyone this is a video game it's not supposed to be fun lol.

Absolutely fucking obnoxious.

Got to give little Timmy the illusion that he can actually win without skill.

>45 yard range

Jesus fucking christ almighty I never knew it was so bad

Can't stand this shit in MK8

>trying to get three star runs
>every time I'm in first in a race on 3rd lap
>beep beep beep beep

Try playing mario kart 7 where it can hit anyone on it's way to first

Alucart Shield.

Pic related had the best power up system of any kart racer.

For those who haven't played it.
>Pick up a brick, it's color determined what it did.
>Green was boost, red was attack, blue was shield, yellow was traps.
>You could see the colored bricks before you picked them up so you always knew what you got.
>If you were already holding a brick, driving through a different colored one would swap them. So you could be holding a shield, and pick up a boost, the shield would take its place.
>Collecting white bricks powered them up.
>Getting hit caused you to lose white bricks.

Had some catchy music too.

>tfw so far ahead, you regain momentum before your opponents can catch up
Never choose Ice Ice Outpost or Ribbon Road scrubs.

>game punishes you for being first with shit items and gives others a specialized item to take you down
Man Japan really hates success.

>fucking up the yard lines

it's just a random image from Google Images. It was the first result if you search "45 yards" for me at least. lol.

Oh shit I had that game.

Honestly it makes more sense that way. It makes it beneficial to the person who uses it rather than only the people in 2-3 place.

Wasnt it DKR that did something similar? You could pick up the same power ups and it would keep upgrading the item you were holding

Yep, that's another game of that sort

It's necessary. If it didn't exist then getting to first in some instances would just depend on who got lucky enough to not get hit by any items in the first lap.

I like it, it gives a little more depth to item strategies.

I've done it several times, I can't tell if its actually something that can be consistently done of if it's 50% luck.

But its a purely spite-item. It doesn't really benefit the person who uses it. When you shoot the1st place player with the blue shell...you're still in last place.

>not spiting the faggot who beat you

My brother tried to use that on me in Double Dash while he was in second place. I dropped out of first the moment he launched it. He got nuked, I won.

What about the 6 other faggots you're losing to? why do they get a free pass?

The spite goes both way. Whoever was in 1st place is now in 2nd and they want to spite last place for it lol.

They shouldn't get one.
There should be an item that fucks over everyone.

>Spitefully drops bananas

There is, it's called Lightning

This whole game is just fucking people over isn't it?

This is why i like this version of the blue shell

It's a running trend with nintendo games

It is, as much as everyone hates the Blue shell, we've all been on the right side of it before and it does feel pretty good lol

git gud

they help me by making me happy to fuck over the guy going first

cover edits are one of the funniest things on Sup Forums

what is lightning bolt? I wouldn't say the ink bloop doesn't really fuck people over.

>The blue shell was in 64

I played the hell out of it as a kid, but for some reason I remember it debuting in double dash.

yeah guess it was. wow, either I don't remember or played it enough to come across it.

you forgot to post the most obnoxious item of pic related
>the red brick lightning poweup that zapped you and knocked you up

it was rare beyond reason. I think I saw it show up like 5 times and I only got it once

Lightning is worse

i guess that's why they had to end the series

Nigga he did get gud, why do you think he was in the first place to begin with?

>He can't juke a blue shell
git
gud