ITT: Post Smash Tierlists

64/Brawl/Smash accepted but lets not devolve this into autistic shitflinging

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rd-J4KkGS2k
youtube.com/watch?v=lNWPXdRxYpk&t=4s
youtube.com/watch?v=1nmDvY_Wkdw&t=47s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Tiers are for queers

as a ness main i semi-agree, they aren't everything but looking at an individual persons tier list is an interesting way to see what they value or how they perceive a game

its something like an rorschach test but for autists who play a 15 year old party game

bump

this is whack. i dont neccessarily agree but i see where you're coming from

except with mew2 and gnw, and kind of with yoshi and pikas placements

Up to C tier, I based it mostly on who has what it takes to win neutral and secure a kill. G&W has speed and incredible range, and M2 can claim to the same (+ the chaingrab on space animals but I digress)

Regarding C tier, I went more into relative use vs the higher tier characters
Pika/Yoshi/Falcon are kinda close honestly. I put pika above falcon since vs the foremost characters of the meta (space animals/marth/sheik), he has greater survivability in general due to his recovery being so ridiculous and a fairly good combo game on the whole, which makes it hard for me to place him below in the given context.

I put Yoshi so high up since he doesn't really lose any matchups harder than 35/65 (according to aMSa) and his parrying is a very useful trick that makes him a seemingly more reliable pick than ICs if mastered.

That's a fair assessment. I think G&W is probably too high, but MewTwo may well be mad underrated. Have you heard of Zoma?

Also how are you defining your tiers?

So there's like a 0% chance that Chu gets into Summit now, right? With IN in, I feel like nobody will vote in another ICs, even though personally I'd like to see it.

but down-tilt, user. down tilt.

I think people should be mad at New England and not IN, he seems like a very cool guy and the fact that he just emerged out of jack nowhere is neat. He's a lot like Syrox, and it's a damn shame that they got shafted.

His weight, lack of shield, and inability to l-cancel some aerials is just utterly crippling, sorry user. He's a fairly straightforward character too, he doesn't have an unexplored tech pool like YL or Ness or Mewtwo.

I define tiers something roughly like how far you can go maining the character

>S: Top 1 level, no secondaries
>A: Top 10 level, top 1 with secondaries
>B: Top 20, Top 10 level at peak or with secondaries
>C: Top 50, top 20 at peak or with secondaries
>D: Top 100 level at absolute peak or with secondaries
>E: Sub-top-100 but with a very talented player maybe the top 200-150 range
>F: Pure trash, but viable on a state PR maybe

this is OP by the way

>Up to C tier, I based it mostly on who has what it takes to win neutral and secure a kill.
>G&W
>Good neutral
G&W can't L cancel, making most of his aerials unsafe. And his shield doesn't even cover his entire body, so good luck with blocking attacks. G&W is usually placed low on tier lists for good reason, he is fundamentally broken.
>M2 in C tier
>M2 is in the same tier as Ice Climbers
Ah I see this is a joke.

To be fair, Leffen considers mewtwo the most underrated low tier. I'm not that user, but he's got at least some basis in reality there. Fuck G&W though.

anyone got a pm tier list?

ITS A FUCKING PARTY GAME! NOT A FIGHTING GAME AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I believe that Mewtwo is an underrated low tier, sure. That said, he simply has too many flaw to really consider him to be on the same tier as Ice Climbers, of all characters. That's absurd. Really, he should probably be right under Ganondorf.

Are you enjoying the new Ultra Cuck Fist 6 Hyper Mega Super Edition DLC Re-Release, FGCAnon?

I can't wait to buy my 200 dollar fightstick and hit buttons in the same sequence over and over!

I do think it's an overestimation of M2 and a lowball for the ICs. Some people think Icies are overrated but not enough to put them in Mewtwo tier.

Clear false flag tbqh. Why would a FGCuck post in a Smash thread?

I don't even play fighting games user. I just mentioned that Smash Bros is not a competitive game. It's a party game where you duke nintoddler characters against each other and use a bunch of items and knock each other out through pure chaos. It was never designed to be a one on one tourney fag game.

What you're failing to understand is that nintendo fucked it up so bad that it became an unintentionally amazing competitive game. That's mostly HAL Labs's doing.

You just need to let it go, Melee is huge and very fun to play causally or competitively and people having fun shouldn't make you angry.

They do it all the time, literal reddit tier kappa memers love nothing more than to start shit the whine about smash being fight-picking autists. It's insecurity or something. Although, I'll admit, when I heard about that one tr4sh player bodying LowTierGod and it bringing the shitposters of both communities together, it warmed the greasy cockles of my heart.

>Having fun to the point where you have to treat it like a real sport and then go out to an event full of disguting neckbeards and compete against a bunch of no lives only to lose and fall into depression and turn into a tranny and do nothing but stream on Twatch.

Yeah, there's no trannies at anything resembling top level, and the only autists I have ever met in my several years in the community don't play melee, just sm4sh.

It's a game which forces you to play in person, so total degenerates are often shunned or in some cases find healthy social interaction of good enough. Most of the player base is in their 20s to 30s, so you're not hanging out with retarded teenagers, and the vast majority of melee players are college students or working adults.

The melee community online is far, far worse than the IRL one. Trust me on this.

I have nothing but good in person experiences with melee.
Met so many good working healthy adults. We went on trips, drank together, do things other than just videogames.

Compared to melee, other games (especially PC gaming) are nothing but cancer.

Leffen is a giant faggot though.

Actually a solid argument. Love his play, hate his personality.

>right under Ganondorf
That's crazy. Ganon is a legit mid-tier right besides Doc/Yoshi. Especially nowadays that his spacie CG is becoming commonplace.

>even implying that Melee is this balanced

Put Fox 2 tiers above Falco
Falco 1 tier above Marth
Move Jigglypuff to Hbox tier because NO one else gets results with it
Delete everyone else because none of them are fucking relevant
Then you've got a list

You're a fucking retard, Peach just swept a super major

>shiek, samus, pika, falcon
>not relevant

hows ur first tourney going

What is a fluke
What is a meta that has been settled for a decade

What is a consistent performance by the #1 player in the world with that character

you're an ignoramus

>Peach not relevant
The fuck you on

More Ganon would be excellent, but like Doc lack of top 50 representation is hurting him and the narrative is not in his favor. Chaingrab consistency would definitely boost his fat arab ass up into the relevant section, and Bizz's expirimentation with his movement and momentum was interesting as hell until he moved on to up-tilting the prosecution

>What is a fluke

You realize the only reason Armada doesn't cuntfuck every single major with Peach solo is because of Hungrybox right? Puff is the only matchup he can't steamroller through with Peach. Do you even follow the Melee meta?

I just picked up this game a month or so ago, I'm having a lot of fun. I main Falco but also enjoy Ness, Peach, and Samus. I only have two people to play again, though.

Hey, user! Welcome, my guy, to the scene. Where do you live?

Armada is a beast, yes, but his current dominance is a direct result of Leffen and PP dipping out and Mango being fucking washed. He's not untouchable.

Southern Mississippi, where there isn't really a scene at all. I'm graduating in a few months and hopefully moving soon to somewhere where Smash is more popular.

Well, at least you guys have a good Pikachu player. I live in Upstate New York, which is similarly RIP but maybe not quite so bad.

Falco is super sick, Peach and Samus are both characters with a fascinating neutral-punish dichotomy (at high level), and Ness, well, he's my main so you know I gotta rep the boy

For the time you're currently there, have you considered trying to grow the local scene? Also, I'm fairly certain there's a semi active Miss. smash group on Facebook.

Except he still takes the majority of events that have Leffen present, the only one they both attended that Armada didn't win was GOML, his worst placing in years and years. Same with PP. Ironically Mango is the one who has beaten Armada most recently between those players you just listed. It's like you're not even paying attention. Peach as a character is nearly capable of soloing supermajors and the only thing that hard counters Peach is Puff, and there's only one Puff player at the top level.

I guess I need to make a Facebook.

Before Leffen got rawbodied by the US Gov., he was one of the most consistent people at matching armada and back in the day PP was no slouch against the swede either. Last time they played, he beat him if I recall.

The lack of them tipped the scales in his favor, he's such a beast that it takes all 5 other god tier players to even him out.

PP is never coming back, is he?

Just make a burner one like I did, guy. Like, just your tag or something.

it's /MississippiSmashLeague/

The optimist says probably, the pessimist says never, the realist says maybe. Considering he's been playing more again recently, it's more likely this year than ever.

Hax coming back with the HaxB0XX is what we can focus on rn. First Leffem, the Hax, building back up to the Good Doctor's return.

Consider Netplay, dude.

PP is a qt trap from his low T levels now. Tbh I feel bad that he's had this low T problem for so long now, fucking Jews putting soy in everything. You can look at PP's Apex 2015 interview and see him growing moobs because of these likes and their test draining soy.

Yes and now Leffen is not as consistent, 2015 was his year and now while he's still in the top 5 he's not as dominant as he was in 2015 because he has attended events in 2016 and 2017 and as I said Armada won them other than GOML. As well no PP absolutely did not beat Armada last time they played, last time he beat Armada was the beginning of 2015, more than two years ago now. They've played at EVO and at G3 since then and Armada 2/3-0ed both.

You're not making arguments against Peach as a character. You're just saying that because sometimes one or two people beat Armada's Peach that Peach being capable of soloing supermajors if she doesn't run into Puff isn't relevant.

It's not just his low T, he has other endocrine issues. They're fucking with his brain chemistry, too.

Oh, no I'm not. You're mistaking me for the dickhead earlier in the thread. I absolutely understand how good Peach is, I'm just also stating that cometimes people overestimate Armada's untouchability.

can we have 1 thread free of mention of the shekelmen

speaking of which, ganondorf is the most jewish character in melee.

>evil
>huge nose
>EZ MONAY

best player in isreal is probably a dorf main

bruh that page is almost all tr4sh

Thanks. I actually found a page for my city specifically and it looks like they hold monthlies! I'll definitely go to those even though I'm bad.

That is how you improve, guy. Good luck to you, I hope you have a sick time with melee

my list for character i fight against

ripper dude

my friend plays rob in tr4sh, i only ever cheese with bowser because i hate that game

Hates a strong word, maybe you just suck

Israel top five are all Peach and Samus mains for some reason

very probable

i focus more on melee and 64 and most of the sm4sh scene in my region is pretty intolerable

That's weird. I didn't know there was any scene at all in the Middle East, much less Israel. Most people of smasher age over there have to go in the military, right?

Rate it friendos

I've heard of VOID the Icies in Tel-Aviv, he's pretty dominant

You can't cheese with an honest character like Bowser.

It looks generic. I mean I suppose that's not a bad thing, but it does look like a very typical opinion.

Hmm. Fairly solid list, but Link beneath MewTwo and G&W is fairly suspect considering that there's been 2 top 100 losses to a Link main in the last 3 months.

Three actually. Forgot Adam.

Sixx the German link beat Adam, Zgetto, and Amsah recently.

Didn't know that, I feel like Link is way more ass against spacies than Mewtwo or G&W is. They all get shit on by spacies and combo'd, but Mewtwo and G&W have some gimmicky neutral options while Link just gets pressured. Mewtwo and G&W also have better combos on spacies than Link.

Sixx is a fucking baller, dude. I think G&W is ass, and Mewtwo is pretty cool but it's going to take a real savant to unlock his shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=rd-J4KkGS2k

youtube.com/watch?v=lNWPXdRxYpk&t=4s

youtube.com/watch?v=1nmDvY_Wkdw&t=47s

Why is pichu so low? He can chain grab you, throw you off the stage, Nair you, and you die. Rice and repeat.

the clutch factor of that link player is nutty, he kept a cool head throughout it all, impressively

Pichu is very, very easy to kill, he racks up damage on himself, and his only decent matchups are on fastfallers. I think he has theoretical potential, but nobody has done any serious work with him. Prince the 64 yoshi has mentioned that Pichu is to be his main as he forays into Melee, so maybe we'll see some interesting stuff out of him? aMSa is tutoring him and aMSa is a fantastic player, so who knows

same reason mewtwo is low, offensive potential doesnt matter all that much if your gameplan is completely linear and you explode when you get touched
also he has zero representation because anyone who could play pichu would just rather pick pikachu instead

why isnt fox s?

I'm not that user, but I'd guess that he doesn't feel the difference between fox and other top tiers warrants his own tier

>best player in isreal is probably a dorf main
Only in Smash 4

I kind of feel the same way. The only characters that should get their own tier are characters that are busted to the point of completely centralizing the meta around their existence, like Meta Knight in Brawl.

Agreed. Or Pika/Kirby in 64.

As someone who has never played melee why is Roy so bad?

Wouldn't he be just a clone of Marth?

Slower, shittier gimmick that lowers his damage and doesn't work as intended, much harder to recover with, actually a lot more worse with him. Melee is not a balanced game.

he doesnt work right, a bunch of his moves just have completely broken hitboxes
and even when he does he does less damage than marth at like half the range

so marth sourspots combo, where roy sourspots are negative on hit, that pretty much sums up the problem

Awful hitboxes, awful recovery, combo food. Nintendo fucked up a good idea with him, an in-your-face fastfaller counterpart to marth sounds cool in theory but he's just a shitheap

marth can edge gaurd, roy cannot. At all.

Okay so, Marth is a fast, mobile, graceful swordsman who can keep himself safe with the insane range his disjointed sword hitbox gives him. The tip of his sword has extra power that allows him to kill, and he has the best grab in the entire game which leads into insane punishes.

Roy on the other hand, has a very weak sword that doesn't protect him nearly as well, only has any strength at the hilt, and none of his moves work into one another. Unlike many lowtiers who have fine hitboxes and bad mobility, Roy has some awesome speed and mobility but atrociously bad moves.

=^)

Why isn't DK higher? Thunderz is the best in the world right now.

>Make a sword character with a disjointed hitbox so he can space
>Give him a gimick where he's only strong when he hits with the base of the sword

A fundamentally fucked concept that births a fundamentally
fucked character. Even in 4 where they tried to improve the character he's still garbage because of the concept.

On the other hand, it does work as a very loyal portrayal of how Roy is in his game: shit.

Yoshi looks depressed

The poor sumbitch. A fast, intense, firey marth counterpart, a Falco to his Fox, would be a great addition to the melee meta

but no, we get Roy, the joke king

if only his sourspots comboed

im raughing

D is the last row of viable characters
F is the last row of characters who don't suck non-stop dick

probably recovery, same as melee

Im pretty sure I heard somewhere that Roy's frame and hitbox data was a direct rip of marth and some things didn't translate over so well, as they had limited development time they just said fuck it and went with it.

r8p me and b8 me boyos.

Cuz I really just believe Thunderz is super good and DK just isn't.

samus is better than meme falcon and icies

>2017
>still putting falco above marth

SMFH

thats a terrible list

yoshi, doc, and luigi are at least the same tier as samus

I'd make Falco and Marth equal but there's no option for that.

Also Samus literally only competes on fucking up unaware Foxes. Samus vs every other top tier is abysmal.

no you cannot argue marth is not better than falco in 2017

Fox/Marth are the gods of melee

>samus literally only competes on fucking up unaware foxes
>leffen is an unaware fox