I'm playing Final Fantasy VII for the first time ever. What am in for...

I'm playing Final Fantasy VII for the first time ever. What am in for? Any tips for someone who has never played a Final Fantasy before?

Other urls found in this thread:

aerisdies.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

are you this fucking autistic? it's a jrpg, kill yourself

Rude

use limit breaks to level them up faster, get kills to level the second rank limit per level.

use the 'hyper' item to give you fury status, to make the limit gague raise fast (at expense of more damage to you)

other than that just play the game, no point spoilering a bunch of shit you don't know about.

although if you want every last blue magic (enemy skill) you might want a guide.

Get out of here unless you wanna get spoiled

Remember to buy your new weapon at each town and mash Attack on everything to win.

Just enjoy the ride.

AERIS DIES

There's a potion on the screen with the starting train

>he never found the ultra phoenix potion with the gold chocobo

It's a super easy game so no survival tips for you. I'll try to steer you towards some minor secrets though. Like the secret characters, you wanna recruit them, right?

To recruit jailbait kunoichi do some random encounters in the forests just after the mine which serves as the first dungeon once you're out of Midgar. She appears as an enemy, beat her up and say all the right stuff afterwards. It's trial and error, don't be a whiner. Protip: don't try to save on this screen thinking it will save you time.

To recruit I-wanna-be-Dracula-when-I-grow-up fully explore the mansion in Nibelhiem when you visit there, talk to him until he starts repeating dialogue and try to leave.

When you have the broken plane take jailbait ninja to the westernmost continent to trigger a fun sidequest. Don't wait until the end of the game or you'll miss out.

That ought to do you. Other secret stuff can wait until towards the end of the game.

Reno

Go up the stairs rather than through the front door.

Who the fuck is Aeris?

>I'm playing Final Fantasy VII for the first time ever. What am in for?
A pretty okay JRPG that has been overhyped because of aggressive marketing when it was released.

lmao

Aerith is best girl.

It doesn't actually make you take more damage. Sadness makes you take less, but Fury lowers your accuracy.

Great music, great worlds, some fun sequences, pretty decent characters, and a story that is somewhat confusing but has some nice eco-friendly themes at the start.

Actual gameplay as far as JRPGs go is very simple, impossible to really fuck up as long as you have a head on your shoulders and played a JRPG before.

Expect the characterization to be nothing like the pop culture versions. Cloud isn't a mopey emo kid, Tifa is the sensititve feminine one, and Aeris is the spunky feisty one.

>used goods

>tifa sensitive

She's a bar maid. She's not that sensitive or feminine. Hell, she wears a fucking short skirt, has cleavage for days, and wears suspenders.

Go up the stairs then turn around and do the front door anyway.

I'm glad they don't actually force you to do one route or the other, they're both fun.

She's emotionally sensitive, especially when it comes to Cloud though.

you can miss the poster if you don't go in the lobby though.

I think you can grab it on the way to the bikes but if you forget you are screwed.

What if OP never played one before?

wait a minute, that artstyle...

>>used goods
what are you a virgin?

he means Aerith

Its basic turn based combat. Approach all fights with caution until you get a firm understanding of how an enemy acts and what moves it may have, learn which enemies to fight and which to run from and what areas/enemies give the most xp.

Always keep your party at a good level and don't run from too many fights and invest time in getting good limit breaks and gear for your people. And always stay stocked up on potions/ethers and junk when going on a long travel.

These are basic rpg strategies. Nothing really tricky in the game.

>AERIS DIES
You made me remember a certain pr0n webpage user.
aerisdies.com/

Yes she wears a short skirt and then panics and gets embarrassed that Barrett and Cloud might see up it when running up the stairs.

The second time you go into the mansion (youll know which one) if you dont unlock the safe you wont be able to get a companion (wont spoil who) just dont miss the safe

do you call Terra 'Tina' aswell?

Aeris is good 'nuff.

OP here. Only other JRPG I've played was Dragon Warrior 7 on PS1. Been too long since I've played any JRPG so I wanted to see if I could get into a new one.

>What am in for?

A dated game. I love it but it has aged poorly.

>Any tips for someone who has never played a Final Fantasy before?

Yes, don't start by FF VII. Everybody will tell you that's the place to start but it is not.
Depending what you are acostumed to this game is gonna feel old. And it is, it's 20 years old.

I would normally recommend to start from something more recent but FF has changed a lot and the most recent entries are not representative of what the games where on the PS1 era.

If you care about the story just wait till VII-R comes out. If it's the gameplay you care about go ahead and play VII...

>which to run from
Not applicable. We're talking about FF7, here.

When you get to the part where you have a dune buggy to drive on the overworld equip the enemy skill materia and the manipulate materia. Run around on the beach near the town until you encounter some crawfish things. Use the manipulate materia to control one and make it cast big guard on whoever has the enemy skill materia equipped. Finish the battle and now you have big guard. Ez gaem.

Big guard is broken in all the FF games it appears in. White wind, also.

>AC Tifa

Do not post that shit again. They completely ruined her image with that design.

the slum slut

I hate this meme. She was literally being watched by the Turks. If anyone even tried some shit, they'd have Reno's rod up their ass.