Best Co-op games

Anything from Resident Evil 5 to BattleBlock Theater, give me your best co-op steam games.

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is good, especially since you and your buddy can put your faces on your dudes.

>runescape

I liked L4d

Dark Souls 2
Magicka

Judge Dredd

I don't play a lot of Co op but I remember Time Splitters 2 on hard being a really good time

rainbow six vegas 2 is a fucking horrible game though

Project Zomboid and Dying Light are pretty good

>a fucking horrible game

>Killing Floor 1 (or 2)
Pretty great for a quick 5-minute game, or longer if you enjoy it. Even those who aren't really into FPS games can enjoy cleaving zombies with swords.
It's really fucking hard, and if you play 1, there's a pretty harsh learning curve and a high skill ceiling, which is good because that's literally the only reason to replay it.
In 2 they have a pretty large and important perk system that keeps you wanting to grind, which is what it can feel like at times.

2 player works well enough, but you'll find yourself wanting to play with your friend among a group of strangers.

Divinity Original Sin is fully local co-op with two controllers, and it's amazing.

Your characters even have role play conversations with eachother about plot points and decisions and both characters can disagree/agree and decide what happens/butt heads and have to rock paper scissors for it. The combat is awesome and the writing is actually really good and fun.

It was made completely with local co-op in mind, and is probably the best implementation of it I've seen in an RPG.

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory if you want stealth.
Blacklist is also apparently good.

Playing through NWN Diamond edition with a buddy and it's great. Biggest complaints are the ugly as fuck graphics and scripting bugs here and there. Gameplay is really fun and can get pretty difficult if you aren't one of those min-maxing tryhards. Just make some silly characters and roll with it.

Protip: Use Direct Connect and join right as the host loads the server or else you get a same cd key error.

This game is absolutely fucking amazing.
A lot of games try to do the whole 'do whatever you want' thing, but this is a perfect combination of that plus just modern polish.
I'll never forget using the cube to teleport into that chick's bathroom.

The biggest and really only complaint I have is that the 'definitive edition' removed a ton of spells. For what seemed like no reason?

I've heard stories of no one ever finishing their co-op runs though. Or a friendship breaking because the other guy was in charge of identifying all the gear, but only ever gave the shitty old stuff to his friend.

Seems an interesting one however.

It was fun but I've started it with two different people and both times we got tired of it about 8-10 hours in.

the game has shit voice acting, ai that's shit and overpowered at the same time, a dumbass generic story, ugly ass graphics (like the arm texture for example,) boring gunplay, etc. It's a fucking mess.

Weird.
I never did finish our co-op one, but that's only because I literally moved away and we got it on console like a pleb.
We actually plan on repurchasing it and playing through again.

Hammerwatch. Great fun.

The Half-Life mod Sven Coop. Almost 2 decade's worth of player made maps, a lot of them being very good. Can download maps extremely fast from dedicated servers and there are still a few very active servers. It's a free Half-Life mod and I highly recommend it.

Why'd you get tired of it? Me and my girlfriend are about 6 hours in and pretty hooked. For the past 4 hours we've running around the hueg city talking to people and playing scooby doo trying to solve the mystery of the murdered man with the slut wife.

It's actually a really refreshing RPG I think, at least so far. Maybe we'll get bored too, but loving it so far.

>Rust
This is something you'll want to play with someone you are very close to. You'll have to really require communication between each other, and be able to work together.
The traditional servers make playing the game a huge grind, to the point where you might as well consider it your job. Or a second life.
But modded servers do a good job of letting you make a base in a few hours, and protect it while you are offline.

Playing alone this game sucks, but even 1 friend makes it a lot better, adding more and it's even better.

I didn't get far in the original before the definitive version came out so we restarted on that. What kind of stuff did it remove?

The reason would probably be because the definitive version was made for consoles while the original was only PC.

Not that user, but I didn't get bored. People will tell you that city is the most exciting part, but that's ok. It's pretty fucking great. The other zones don't have the same level of detail, but that's fine.

you've really upset me

This, Rust is one of those games which gets better the more friends you have.

You've got a ton more to explore, you won't get bored.

also have fun watching epople steal your weapons and selling them without a care.

>yfw a commando sells your rpg for a SCAR in wave 8

i swear to god

I don't remember where I found it, but the list of removed spells was absolutely huge. And they were some really fucking neat spells.
Like Feather Fall or whatever that teleported, but didn't do any damage. So you could fwip someone into combat, or move a dude away from you.

They did, however, add grenades, and I highly recommend getting your warrior/fighter dude to use grenades heavily. They are good, and they get a ton of perks to make them amazing.
The one that causes massive bleed is just too great.

I played through it twice with a friend, once at release and once with the new version about 130 hours or so in total. I played loremaster/crafter both times and really the crafted gear is better than what you can find alot of the time, especially if you want to stack speed or int necklaces, rings and belts. So the friendship ruining event didn't happen to us, although you can unintentionally annoy each other alot in combat such as accidentally making steam and blinding one another, running away whilst on fire over oil which spreads the fire to your friend or even things like sending him tenebrium and infecting him with rot then lying that you are out of bloodstones.

Divinity original sin 2 is going to be instant pre-order because the first was the best co-op rpg experience i've ever had.

Pro-tip if you do co-op, play with both lone wolf trait, it's great.

Awesome. desu just due to all the vidya I've played I kind of expected nothing else to match the scope of the first city, at least a single locale.

I started with Enchanter, probably going to go into Necromancy too and be a control and debilitate asshole, seems fun.

>Fortresscraft Evolved
If you and your bud are pretty autistic about building machines to automate shit for you, Fortresscraft is actually surprisingly good. Don't let the negative reviews turn you away; having no knowledge of what it was like before, whatever is currently in the game + expansion was rather fun.
It's not as polished as I'd hope, but the stuff that you do is exactly how you'd hope to do it. And what's interesting is how completely different each person's base might look.
It's almost necessary to play this game co-op, because exploration is almost as important as the organizing of the main base. Having each person do something different makes the game feel much better.

I believe you can play this with even more people, but I don't see too much value in that. Eventually all you are doing is waiting for your machines to work, so 2 people standing around versus 4 is kind of pointless.

had that game on PS3 and bought on steam, was fun as fuck

JUST AIM AND SHOOT

>played through with a friend
>went dragon warrior
>fucking immune to fire damage to the point it heals me.
>friend is a wizard.
>throws fireballs at me to heal me and do aoe damage.
shit was cash once it set up. it did trivialize a few puzzles later on.
Game was a lot of fun and glad I finish it with my best friend. I'm super excited for 2.

borderlands 2

You will love Lost Planet 2.

Me and a friend have been putting off our run. We did one that went on for like 30 hours, only JUST getting to the end of the Frozen area and doing part of the white witche forest area. Now we are like, 40 hours in and partway into the phantom forest area after the previous forest area

Call of Duty: Nazi Zombies
A fun arcade style shooter, where strategy pays off.

UO had the best alternative to bans back in the day.

Hell yea, they still do

Do they still have jails? I thought they did away with that along with Counselors and such.

Seconding.

How?

I tried playing it by myself and it was the slowest goddamn game I've ever played. Slow progression, slow movement, and unnecessarily large dungeons.

After several hours I had only fully explored the first dungeon and beaten one boss.

>filename

Shit's fun. I co-op'd with a random from here and we cleared the main campaign in ~6 hours.