How do we fix the stat system in RPG's?

How do we fix the stat system in RPG's?
Why does every RPG have unnecessary stats for giving the illusion of complexity
Take vitality in Souls for example, equipment weight max should be tied with strength and endurance, no need for an extra stat
Lets take Str and Dex for example, longswords are considered Str or quality weapons, when in real life they are one of the easiest swords for a relatively weaker person to use very effectively
Another thing that is strange is why are luck and faith different stats?
You would think that in a world where the supernatural is real, having more faith gives you a higher chance of getting rewards in life, like finding more items to make your journey easier

Also luck could scale with int, as being more intelligent means you can discover more items through your clever observation skills

>lets remove rpg from rpg and make it an action game
also DS isn't a RPG

DS is a role playing game no matter what underage contrarians on Sup Forums say

I can role-play with fucking mud you chuckle fuck. Just because you have character leveling doesn't make you an RPG.

What is the nu/v/ definition of RPG then?

It literally stands for roleplaying game. Nothing in that indicates it must have shitty stats. This is part of why original games don't succeed, it's the gamer's fault because devs are smart enough to know they won't accept change.

Gamers hate change it's a fact. They want the same thing over and over.

>It literally stands for roleplaying game.
Stop with the evasive self-defining definition and tell us what makes an RPG an RPG and how DS is disqualified from being one.

>Gamers hate change it's a fact. They want the same thing over and over
Ironic coming from someone who is against modifying stat systems

Choice and consequence in the story.

DS has exactly that

Story wise? Because choosing between tank archer mage makes even TF2 a RPG.

Dark Souls is an RPG...

I consider an RPG simply a game with an elaborate storyline and you play a fictional character, or an actual roleplaying game where you roleplay a character like Dungeons and Dragons. But really those are the same thing.

NPC questlines and the various game endings all show choice and consequences

By your definition, Life is Strange is an RPG. Heavy Rain is an RPG. And almost every visual novel and dating sim in existence.

>also DS isn't a RPG

It's hilarious that people think that when it's more of a role playing game than most games called RPGs are. You can fuck over major main quest NPCs, or befriend bosses, and reroute around that. You get to explore a world and implicitly make tons of meaningful decisions, each of which can have a significant effect on how you approach the game, without being able to quickload out of their consequences because of how the game assumes constant continuity. The way invasions work is more tense and satisfying to experience than the majority of PvP on most MMORPGs.

>speed always trumps every other stat at endgame because damage caps ruin anything that could hit harder than the cap

well shiiiet nigga i always taught it was corridor/doom style map fighter with sword at least that is what you see in every youtube video and and in the start of DS2.
Yes. The shit you are thinking of is probably Adventure RPG like DnD.

So Final Fantasy games aren't RPGs?

So you have no idea what you're talking about and are just spouting nonsense? A huge part of what people love and openly praise Dark Souls for is its meaningful non-linearity and sense of mystery. Like, way more fans actually consider it great because of that than the difficulty meme.

You heard it here first people.
Ultima from I to III and Wizardry from I to IV aren't RPGs, despite pretty much codifying computer and video game RPGs.

>user talks shit about a game he never played
Why the surprise?

What's the problem with the examples you listed beyond not being realistic? If they're good from a design perspective, i.e. give players more interesting choices to make regarding character advancement, increase build variety etc. what's the issue?

Because the gods in Dark Souls don't actually govern the laws of nature, they are incapable of increasing one's luck through faith. Faith in Dark souls, only means that you channel the power of the gods. And their power is limited.

Make more rpgs like SaGa.