NINTENDO HAS OFFICIALLY SOLD OUT ALL SWITCH UNITS UNTIL 2ND SHIPMENT

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W8gOiCqgBFg
engadget.com/2016/10/26/nintendo-projection-2-million-switch-in-march/
youtube.com/watch?v=qKNTPk6cR6s
ign.com/articles/2013/01/11/how-successful-was-the-wii-u-launch
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fake news

That is ONE (1) month after release you sperg.

>Even in Aussie land it's sold out

youtube.com/watch?v=W8gOiCqgBFg

Is it over lads? Has Nintendo won?

>April
wow, that's like 3 weeks after the first release, scalpers on suicide watch.

>engadget.com/2016/10/26/nintendo-projection-2-million-switch-in-march/
>Nintendo plans to sell 2 million in the month of March
>All units sold out until April

Good. Scaping should be illegal.

Scalpers get scalped

It actually is, but it cost too much to search and punish illegal trades to make it worth it.
But usually they don't survive a tax control.

No. I work for Best Buy and one thing nintendo does all the time is artificially limit the supply of their product to drive up the demand.
They'll send us like 6 units per month of any given product on release.

I don't know man, a shit ton of people have 0 self control. There are people buying scalped Switch PRE-ORDERS.
Hasn't Nintendo specifically allocated 2 million units to be shipped in March? Besides, most units are sold through pre-orders, so that's why stores occasionally get single digits in-store units.

>NO STOCK LEFT UNTIL APRIL
No games until 2019.

But that's wrong you faggot

prove him wrong

>Post yfw your Switch pre-order gets cancelled

If I don't get to play Zelda day one then why the fuck even live?

>Scalping is illegal
>There are hundred of stores dedicated purely to scalping sneakers

Yeah no.

Everything on this list is 2017-2018. Obviously there will be more announced

Not sure how best buy works, but i work at Walmart and here we get a small shipment of all new release games except for the yearly COD games. Our replinishment is based off the rate of sale. So if the first shipment sells quick the system will order a higher quanity due to what it thinks will be a higher demand.

>youtube.com/watch?v=qKNTPk6cR6s
Inb4 >MUH MULTIPLATS >MUH SHOVELWARE

im going to laugh my fucking ass off if they purposefully reduced the number of pre-orders to try and make it seem like people want this thing.

the last thing you should do is limit the number of sales on release for no fucking reason artificially.

Blown all the way the fuck out holy shit.

>everything on this list is 2017/18
Even the games that haven't started development and don't have release dates???

>still believing the artificial shortage meme
Literally never happens in electronics industry
Also Nintendo already produced 2 million for March, so they ain't restricting shit

>BotW expected to sell at 1:1 ratio with the system
>Switch is """"sold out""""
>BotW is readily available
It really engages the mental faculties

>stores
No, console scalpers are people raiding a supermarket and selling without paying the taxes afterward, or even having the legal right to open a store to begin with.

That's honestly a good thing. I'm not planning on getting it at launch but I was going to get it around April because of Mario Kart 8.

>list of ports
>Blown all the way the fuck out

>crime is illegal
>there's millions of criminals

Nigger what
BotW selling the same amount as a Switch doesn't mean it'll be sold out
They can make more game carts than they can Switches

Start laughing, this is literally what happened.
I guess IGN forgot to put NMH3 in that video, lol.

>make more game carts than could possible be sold
It really fires the synapses

Every time.

lol@ fucking April.

A port and a DOS game from 1997.

Then we go into May and its....fucking RIME, literal leftover shit from Sony and PuyoPuyo Tetris, a mutliplat.

>games don't count because I lost
this is getting so utterly pathetic

Only games that make it possibly worth getting a switch this year. Everything else is multiplatform or shit.
The half ones mean you might as well get it if you have one, not get a switch for it.

Why wouldn't they? They're limited by production for Switch, they aren't for carts. Do you enjoy software shortages like Nioh?

>because I lost
Oh man we sure are hitting some fucking autism barriers here.

This list is like 50% indie shit though, and most of it is already available on other platforms. If these games are so important to you, why don't you go play them literally RIGHT NOW instead of waiting until 2018?

>Only games that make it possibly worth getting a switch this year
>1 2 Switch
Also, 3 of those games are ports and I highly doubt the new Mario won't be delayed.

I'm saying this is clearly a case of artificial scarcity. Switch is not "sold out". Supply has been limited to make demand appear higher than it is.

Why are you guys lying so much? I can find available switch preorders on at least 3 different stores.

Meanwhile the ps4 was actually sold out until february 2014

The whole point of the Switch is portability. There is no better indie device than the Switch, considering that none of them are system intensive, they all are quick to port, and would benefit from being played on the go.

Not a single game on that list is magically made worth buying a second time + a new system just to be able to play it while taking a shit.

Artificial scarcity is the most retarded idea I've ever seen. Unless you have a monopoly on the industry and are trying to create interest, there is absolutely no way a company will flirt with artificial scarcity.

>puyo puyo tetris isn't atleast half

>There is no better indie device than the Switch
Vita tho

Remove Sonic, 1, 2 Switch and the Mario Kart port. Remove ARMS while at it, nobody should get hyped for shit.

Where do you live, and what stores? Clearly I need to live where you do, because it's nowhere to be found anywhere in America.

The Switch is literally Vita 9.0

I didn't fucking preorder. FOR FUCK SAKE

>Unless you have a monopoly on the industry and are trying to create interest
Both of these things are true, at least from Nintendo's perspective.

And I'm trying to use BotW to prove it. BotW's pre-orders weren't limited. Switch's were. We already know they pre-sold nowhere close to 2 million units because those are units they're shipping throughout March, to dribble supply to make it look like it's in hot demand. They aren't doing that with BotW, they're just shipping all 2 million on March 3rd.

Yeah but, you can only get what the warehouse ships you. Which is whatever nintendo ships to the warehouse which has to be distributed to other walmarts in your district. You could order thirty and only get five.

Nintendo underproduced to create an artificial shortage

>preordered on amazon the first hour it was up
>not even that big of a nintendo fan, just happened to be awake

>>still believing the artificial shortage meme
>amiibos
good try nintendo shill.

In theory. Not yet, especially looking at the poor lineup.

Yeah, sure, that sounds logical..

Except that you have no proof to back it up. Yes, Nintendo probably planned to release 2 million throughout March.

How likely do you think they're dripping considering that there are shortages in almost every single country? They could either sell out ALL their stock, make money up front, and pump out units ASAP to fulfill demand, or they could hold back in order to supposedly "drive up interest" while losing money they could be earning through sales.

Considering that money today is worth more than money tomorrow, much less a month from now, I don't think Nintendo is as stupid as people believe.

Switch could be fun if you have irl friends
Mario Kart port is probably shit, not removing sonic because it could be good. ARMS looks like the only game that actually takes advantage of those ice cube controllers

Forgive me for I have sinned and didn't keep tetris on there

>2 million for first month
>when Wii U sold 3 million in first month
>"ARTIFICIAL SCARCITY ISN'T A THING, STOP MAKING SHIT UP"

>Amiibos are artificial shortage
When was the last time you had trouble getting Amiibos? They were short in stock for like half a year maximum. Now it's mostly easy as shit to get amiibos.

>sonic because it could be good
Literally never delivers.
>ARMS looks like the only game that actually takes advantage of those ice cube controllers
Tech demos are always shit.

>What is a Wii U

Friendly reminder to all the shills ITT, that WiiU shipped with 3 million, also sold out in preorders, much sooner than Switch I might add, and sold out of stock in the first month.

This is nothing to clap at.

Come brag when that shit breaks 50 million like the PS4 did.

When was the last time a Nintendo home console broke 50 million without a blue ocean strategy? Oh right, the NES. Well, good luck anyway.

>3 million in 3 months is 3 million in 1 month
Nice revisionary history there.

What a load of bull, no websites in the UK are sold out. And that's just websites. Go to a physical store early on release day and you will almost definitely get one.

>When was the last time you had trouble getting Amiibos?
when they came out.

>They were short in stock for like half a year maximum
thank you for admitting it.

you tried I guess.

>Mario Kart port is probably shit

But MK 8 was fun
Why would the port be shit?

Because every game on the Switch is either shit, a port, or a shitty port. Nothing is allowed to be good.

No he's right, 3 million in 6 weeks

ign.com/articles/2013/01/11/how-successful-was-the-wii-u-launch

So they're just pulling a stunt like they did with wii and creating a false sense of scarcity in supply. Literal jews.

>switch 300
>70 for pro controller
>80 for neon joy cons
>80 for zelda special edition + 20 pass
>20 for snipperclips
>30 for joycon charge grip
>10 for screen protector
>15 for usb c cord
>30 for usb powerbank
This systems broke my bank lads

>Yes, Nintendo probably planned to release 2 million throughout March.
They have stated this publicly so I believe it to be true

>How likely do you think they're dripping considering that there are shortages in almost every single country?
Most of Europe still have pre-orders available. The "shortages" are happening in US and JP right now.

>blah blah blah
The long term outweighs the short term, it's that simple. They sell less in the short term, but they make the console look popular, and popularity is quite possibly the single most important aspect of a console. No one wants to buy a console that's going to be abandoned because no one bought it. People are going to be looking VERY carefully at how well it's selling, so Nintendo has to give the illusion that it's in high demand otherwise it's going to fail very, very quickly.

There's already plenty of evidence of low demand. Like I already said, despite their best efforts, it's still available to pre-order in most of Europe, so even though they set pre-order quantities astronomically low, they STILL didn't sell out.

Next, check eBay. Switches are going for $380-400. That's NOTHING. Ebay and paypal together charge about 12% of list price in fees. Sales tax is another 8% or so, so that's 20%. And let's not forget about shipping. Right off the bat, you're talking about $60-80 in fees, taxes and shipping. Scalping prices are as low as they can possibly get because demand is THAT LOW

No one wants this thing except the fucking drones. Will it sell millions? Even in its first few months? Of course. Even the Wii U sold 3 million in its first month. But the Switch is going to go on to become the Wii U 2.0. It's absolutely certain. There's just no real demand for this thing. Normies don't want it, gamers don't want it, only drones want it.

you realize they manufacture games for a limited time right?

>bullshitting people about Switch stock

>6 weeks is 1 month
nintoddler math everyone.

>scaped two
>gonna resell for 400 ea

>one game worth playing
>its a multiplat
why do i want one at launch again?

Gamestops received anywhere between 4 and 78 units. A couple GS employee anons did some educated guesses and calculated that GS probably had 250k units available for pre-order. And their pre-orders lasted about 3 days, whereas most other retailers sold out in a couple hours, so it's safe to assume GS had far more units available than any other retailer.

Total Switch units available for pre-order in the US probably totaled under 400k.

I bought a PS4 for one game.

I still only have one game for it.

im sorry for your loss.

>Go to a physical store early on release day and you will almost definitely get one

Sure hope your right man.

So I can play Zelda and sell my Switch for double the price before april? Neat

That's your own fault. I have about 20 games for my PS4. I'm actually waiting for that new system update so I can hook up an external drive so I can stop deleting my games whenever I get a new one.

>Sony shills are so rabid that they attack their own side as "nintentoddlers"

You should have 2

Bloodborne and Ni-oh

nigga at worst i just return them

fuck outta here

Gamestop preorders lasted for a single day.

Stop lying

2 weeks after christmas are hardly peak sales season

Ni-oh looks alright but I'm not convinced yet.

This. Hype down under is massive.

Ads in Perth and other unrepresented areas.

It's happening

Nope. Opened Friday and shut off on Sunday. There was actually a corporate memo that stores that still had units were to stop accepting pre-orders

>Not Gravity Rush 2 and Nier Automata

It could be the best selling console of all time, but it still gonna be shit.

Hello time travler

>buying a PC release for PS4
What did he mean by this?

>it's the definitive edition of that game/best place to play it
Yes? I think you're confused about multiplats.

You only had $635 in your bank?
Well,. let's say $750 for taxes and all

Why is it that when people choose to trim the fat of the Switch's upcoming games they always remove all the Fire Emblem stuff. It doesn't matter if you don't like it, it's a more important to Nintendo IP than Metroid and Star Fox.

The first global shipment was 2 million, so they hit their mark. Am I missing something?