What went wrong?

What went wrong?

The '10/10 Citizen Kane' hype

Literally and unironically nothing

It sold TOO well? I mean define wrong OP you meme posting faggot

I hear the story is great but combat is mediocre at best. Never played it though.

Ish.

Walking simulator.

nothing. i thought it was a 10/10 movie.

The gameplay
The story
The platform
The level design
The multiplayer

I want to Fuck ellie

Nothing else matters, game is shit

/thread

Westerners enjoy bland games, characters and settings, so of course this was going to sell like hot-cakes.

It forgot it was a video game after the Summer chapter. It felt unfinished as there was barely any encounters and most of the time was spent walking about or in cutscenes.

>hesrightyouknow.jpg

But everyone says The Last of Us has the best narrative and characters in the medium?

Is this or any of the Uncharted games worth a play through?

No sex

Couldn't they just made a fucking movie?

Too linear and scripted.

absolutely yes

It was bretty good

Very realistic for a video game

literally not a single thing except the AI at specific moments in the game that makes sneaking at those times a total crap shoot

gettin really tired of these movies they are selling as video games

WEEEEEEEEEEEEWEEE

Neil Cuckmann directed The Book of Eli and a few National Treasures and thinks he's Francis Ford Coppola.

Its multiplayer was too perfect and I'm afraid LoU2 won't be as good.

No PC version

>"Oh no, le zombies take over the world" Story
>Interactive movie that is barely even a game

The only reason this game gets so much praise is because the voice acting is not complete garbage, other than that its your run of the mill zombie movie in interactive video game style.

Multiplayer was good imo

>other than that its your run of the mill zombie movie
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWEEEEE they just keep coming

>No PC version
Pleb

boring, safe gameplay like every modern AAA western game

Joel and Ellie were interesting though and the ending was really good.

He's right. This movie has all the cliches the others do.

It's literally a shitty amalgamation of every popular book/movie about the apocalypse in recent memory. It's a shitty amalgamation of the road and I am legend and doesn't do anything even remotely interesting or innovative with the story

Just started replaying it again on Grounded mode for the second time. Starting to remember why I didn't enjoy the mode very much the first time round. Yeah its 'hard' but only because the game will basically force you into situations that make death stupidly likely.

The areas you can purely stealth your way through are easy as shit but the AI does have a horrible habit of sticking itself to the player and 'following' Joel around. This is really obvious after Trish(?) dies. You can sneak your way to the outside and the AI will just follow you outside, this happens all the time and can get you killed because the AI stops behaving properly once Joel makes it to a certain part in the area.

The game also has a habit of spawning AI in retarded places, very noticeable in the hotel where the game spawns two AI with weapons behind you on the stairs once you hit the floor above, this WILL catch you out unless you get lucky. Another problem like this is AI acting like they know you're there, again in the hotel area, even if you silently kill everyone on the lower floors, the game will still spawn 3 hostile AI on the upper floor who take up defensive positions in a bottleneck, with no actual explanation, they just spawn and immediately behave like there's a firefight (I presume the game does this because its easier to shoot than stealth?). This happens again in the hotel basement, infected will trigger after attempting to open a locked door.

Too story heavy. I also don't like Naughty Dog mechanics. You're always glued to walls & the shooting in their games feel floaty. The guns don't feel satisfying to shoot. The game just isn't fun, I'm not looking forward to another round of critics & reviewers gargling Naughty Dog's balls as the fourth coming of Christ (third was TLoU 1, second was Skyrim)

Couldn't see Ellies feet

You can play it on PC. PlaystationNOW has an entire library of PS3 games playable on PC.

Way too God damn boring. Took me fucking forever to have literally any motivation at all to play it after the first 2 terrible hours of it.

Cant handle truth.

Your wrong

They decided to talk on a shitty single player mode over the GOAT multiplayer mode

Would have been better as a film than a video game.

>inb4 you fools say the multiplayer was great
No, it wasn't.
>viewkick out the ass
>wallhacks
>SKILL BASED MATCHMAKING that gives you teammates with no thumbs if you're even slightly above average in skill
The multiplayer was dogshit and I hope sincerely that Naughty Dog ditch the shitty MP and focus on the SP and maybe some coop horde shit like the Mass Effect 3 MP

Liberalism. It's the cancer that destroys everything it touches.

xD MEMEz

libshit

It was basically the best reviewed game to come out in like the past decade.

>b...but awards don't count
>b...but reviews don't matter

To actually answer OP's question seriously:

It starts of decently challenging, but gets progressively easier as time goes on. This is due to an abundance of ammo, weapons and crafting materials, however the game never amps up the amount of enemies, or their aggression to compensate. You just end up feeling like an invincible god in the last quarter of the game.

This also leads to stealth being significantly less useful in the later parts of the game, early on it's a necessity.

Then there are the "not cutscene" segments where you're forced to slow down to a crawl for the sake of a conversation. This also happens to a less annoying degree in non combat segments where you're scavenging.

As for the cutscenes, you can skip them so they aren't a problem. My previous point is the actual problem with how the story is told.

The game is fantastic, but is unable to live up to its full potential because of these problems.

The Last of Us is definitely worth a play-through. Uncharted not so much.

its never ever going to PC, Xbox or Nintendo so....

Nothing went wrong

this desu
anyone who played it can confirm that it's an original game intimes where 80% of games, especially pc gaymes, are just the same shit over and over again

All of those are pretty great tho

ex dee upvoted fellow memer

>ellie
confirmed for not even playing the game
sarah was the hottest loli nigger

Nothing went wrong. It was a great game with a solid story and interesting characters with complex motivation.

If anything was bad about this game it was the shitty tacked on multiplayer that took time and development effort away from the singleplayer story and literally only existed so that the publisher could say it had multiplayer.

I can't speak to the original version but I had a blast playing through it on the PS4. I got stuck at a couple of skill gates but other than that I enjoyed myself the entire time.

Part of it might be because I love post-apocalyptic city environments though, and TLOU had a shitload of those.

Excellent post.