An ordinary man in a dead end job discovers that he is actually the descendant of an ancient hero...

>An ordinary man in a dead end job discovers that he is actually the descendant of an ancient hero. He must travel to a mystical world to train to become a Monster Hunter, before the mythical creatures from that world destroy ours.

>It’s on the level of like a Star Wars movie, in terms of world creation. There are no real central characters so it’s a bit like when we first approached Resident Evil and imposed our own characters and story on that world. I think this is a perfect IP for us to do exactly that same thing again. The Monster Hunter world includes these huge deserts that make the Gobi Desert look like a sandbox, and they have ships that sail through the sand. These full-on galleons, but rather than sailing on the ocean waves, they sail through waves of sand.

>You’re fighting these giant creatures, some as big as a city block. They live underneath the Earth and when they burst out, it’s like the best of Dune. You also have these flying dragons, giant spiders, the most wonderful creatures. That’s what really attracted me. I felt there was a fresh, exciting world that we could expose and build a whole world around, like a Marvel or Star Wars universe. Everything is about world creation, nowadays, and how can you build a world where you can have multiple stories going on? I thought this was our opportunity to have a cinematic universe.

>The central characters are very relatable American characters. You take a person from the ordinary world who thinks they’re in a dead end job, they have no future, they feel like their life’s a failure, it’s going nowhere, like Keanu Reeves in The Matrix. It’s about a normal American who gets dragged into this parallel world, this Monster Hunter world. Then eventually the parallel world ends up coming to our world. So you have the creatures from the Monster Hunter world invading our world.

Are you planning on seeing it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fBNlLWkO_RA
youtube.com/watch?v=Di2uXm_Kaj0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why the fuck is Capcom giving him Resident Evil and Monster Hunter when they have DMC, God Hand and Viewtiful Joe?

>Star Wars
>Resident Evil
>Dune
>Marvel
>Matrix

How many other references to popular things are they gonna bring up?

I'm going to watch it just to laugh at how bad it's going to be.

They really shouldn't be making this movie, though.

>Isekai is now catching on in the west

>What is Gwenpool?

But why wouldn't they do something with Capcom's more action IP, like Megaman X or motherfucking DMC, rather than adapting a hunting series and a horror series?

Yes, but only because I want to see the monsters on the big screen.

If you have any love for MonHan you'll pirate this and never pay to see it.

Reminder that Anderson thinks the entirety of MonHan is the Great Desert. He thinks it Water World on sand (so Mad Max on water on sand).

It's always been a thing but it's usually limited to children's stories.

>>An ordinary man in a dead end job discovers that he is actually the descendant of an ancient hero. He must travel to a mystical wor-
FUCK OFF ISEKAI FAGGOTS

You joking? It was popular here first, japan's just catching on late

>An ordinary man in a dead end job discovers that he is actually the descendant of an ancient hero
so transformers all over again? hope they don't cast shia labeouf for this

What monsters do you want to see?

>>An ordinary man in a dead end job discovers that he is actually the descendant of an ancient hero. He must travel to a mystical world to train to become a Monster Hunter, before the mythical creatures from that world destroy ours.
No, the plot sounds awful. Why did they choose a game with 0 story instead of a game with a corny action flick story, like

Because all three have faded into obscurity, becoming literally-who games, unlike MonHun and RE

>Could have been a seven samurai inspired movie closer to the games
>A small village in the mountains have just discovered a monster nest near them
>They set a high bounty at the guild to attract the best
>4 high ranking hunters come, each weary at working with others
>At first they hate each other, preferring to work alone
>but through adversity, the group works together setting traps and hunting the mighty Rathalos family away from the village
>In the end the hunters have now formed a friendship and vow to hunt together from now on

There, it's closer to the games and still has a good tried and true story development.

I would like to see Brachydios and the Seltas family, but I know neither will happen. So, I am just curious on what will be brought in. I mean, hell, I didn't expect Gore to be in it, and there it is.

Sounds stupid and weebish

Wait, what do you mean by this? Gore Magala is gonna appear in the movie?

Your face is stupid and weebish!

Did you look at the webm?

>Deviljho in the real world
>Just lumbering about
>Military and Monster Hunters are close to crossing paths
>Military takes aim
>Knowledgeable Monster Hunter desperately tries to run and warn them
>Military begins firing
>Lets out a roar that blasts out all the windows of the buildings in the surrounding area
>youtube.com/watch?v=fBNlLWkO_RA
>Military get absolutely torn to shreds by it

You're cute

Well it's obvious that MH4U was the only game of the series Paul Anderson saw

>I thought this was our opportunity to have a cinematic universe.
The only successful cinematic universe so far is Marvel's, why the hell would these idiots think they can pull the same shit as Disney?

Even DC is barely getting by with their shit, and they have massively iconic IPs that are household names.

More like
>Cute small little monster is near the protagonist
>Protag tries to pet it
>monster roars
>cue music

>You take a person from the ordinary world who thinks they’re in a dead end job, they have no future, they feel like their life’s a failure, it’s going nowhere, like Keanu Reeves in The Matrix.
>THAT'S RIGHT GOY, YOU'RE VERY IMPORTANT
>KEEP WORKING HARD EVERY DAY AND YOU WILL BE REWARDED
>DON'T THINK TOO HARD OR ASK A LOT OF QUESTIONS
>YOU'RE SPECIAL

>Giant blown out hole in the side of a building
>Military investigate
>Green slime starts dripping from the ceiling
>Gets a soldier covered in it
>Guy gets laughed at by his team cracking jokes
>Suddenly explodes

What about the Tarantino cinematic universe?

the isekai genre needs to hurry up and fucking die already

I'll pirate it just to see the monsters.

god I am so sick of these kind of movies. its always the "LOL REAL WORLD MEETS X WORLD"

Every. fucking. time.

Next you will tell me the MGS movie will be literally that. SNAKE GOES INTO A DIFFERENT WORLD THAT ISNT FULL OF BULLSHIT. WOAH.

The point is Capcom has a fuck ton of over-the-top action IP, all of them are not named Monster Hunter

If that webm were, say, an leaked scene of a Darkstalkers or DMC movie, the hype here would be unreal

Now that I think about it, are they even going to say the monsters' names, or just call them stuff like "the big one" and such?

>monhun
>not literally who outside of japan

>There are TWO dead rising movies already out
>However many RE movies were made
>Monster Hunter is now in production
Is this like an Uwe Boll situation where these movies are way to launder money or is Capcom actually expecting to make money off this?

youtube.com/watch?v=Di2uXm_Kaj0

>Qurupeco goofing off, distracted
>Hunters approach it quietly as they can
>One of the newbies gets way too close because they're not listening and they think it's harmless
>Qurupeco puffs out and roars
>Stomping sound gets closer and closer
>Deviljho turns the street corner and drifts
>Hunters run the fuck away

>Hey we want to make movie adaptations of our game
>But use those horror, survival and hunting games instead of over 30 of our over-the-top cheesy action games

>hating on Seven Samurai style movies

You are the worst type of shit.

So how many Jurassic Park references can we expect?

You think there will be Felynes in this movie bomb?

One, but it's so on-the-nose that it's in it.

I'd love to see a good DMC movie but giving it to the same hack who made the RE movies would be a huge mistake. Plus it'd be doomed as a video game movie anyway.

I always wondered if they'd ever adapt the classic DMC franchise or DmC. They did announce they were making a movie based on DmC way back when but I guess those plans fell through the floor when that game bombed.

I just looked this shit up. This shit is old as hell and has been a staple of Western fantasy for ages.

>What is the Chronicles of Narnia?

Felyne stereotyping a black dude

It's not MH without some sort of cat hijinks.
So no probably.

>Implying there won't be a "Clever girl" joke with Jaggi's

There's a strong chance, but I doubt they'll be anything other than comic relief

WE'VE ALWAYS HAD IT!

IT'S CALLED A PORTAL FANTASY!

IT'S BEEN AROUND SINCE THE FUCKING 70s!

YES I'M MAD!

>Guy in the Monster Hunter world clad in armor
>Running away from a Rathalos
>Ends up jumping off a cliff
>Close up shot of his face with a goofy expression
>Freeze frame
>Record scratch
>"Yep... That's me... I bet you're wondering how I got into this mess, huh? Well it all started awhile back..."
>Rewind back to a baby
>"Woah! Way too far back!"
>Fast forward to guy sitting in an office looking bored
>"Much better."

Why is that Deviljho using Volt Tackle?

>IT'S BEEN AROUND SINCE THE FUCKING 70s!
Even earlier than that; this shit has been a thing since at least The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.

Do weebs really think the Japs invented this shit?

they'll be but instead of cats walking on two, they will make an anthropomorphic mutant with some pseudo cat face that will talk because fuck you

I just used the Japanese word for it. Nothing wrong with that.
And as we all know, Japan does it better.

pls no
>Palicos raid a costume shop
>Bunch of references

>And as we all know, Japan does it better.
Never really read or watched any of the Isekai stories, aside from SAO which was shit. Are they really good? I kinda have doubts that they're any better than any of the shit that we came up with.

that was physically painful

>I just used the Japanese word
>Isekai is now catching on in the west
>catching on in the west
You can't fool me, user, you're not that guy. You smell of Australian.

>video game movies

Hopefully the movie will at least have decent merchandise

>michael jackson
>terminator
>rocky
>freddie mercury
>marylin monroe
>the pope

all with a forced cat pun

>And as we all know, Japan does it better.
No.

>Meowchael Jackson
>Terminyator
>Nyacky
>Freddie Meowcury
>Marylin Monnya
>The Meowpe

That sounds awful.

>Never really read or watched any of the Isekai stories, aside from SAO which was shit. Are they really good?
They're usually either harem with a change of scenery or nipponwank about having the best, most honourable warriors in the history of the world. Can be entertaining but I wouldn't call the animu I've seen good

Exceptions being Grimgar for playing it completely straight (very slow though) and Iskekai no Seikishi Monogatari, the fantasy mecha Tenchi spinoff you had no idea you wanted

Be honest here, when have recent movies ever have decent merch?

>references to movies and popular figures instead of capcom franchises

It angers me that this will mostly be the case.

Wacraft movie got a bunch of merch

if something I learn from the last airbender and transformer is that even the most simplistic icon from their franchise will get a ton of unnecessary details just so it can look "cool"

>the fantasy mecha Tenchi spinoff you had no idea you wanted
W-w-what?

Tenchi Muyo was the shit for me back in the day. I had no idea this was a thing.

there is a high chance that they will reference at least one capcom franchise is either
RE but the movie that he directed or DmC Dante

MEOW YOU!

Reminds me of that scooby doo movie where they all come to life

didn't know tenchi muyo was some harem mascot becuase i can't believe they are still making more series involving him

That movie on the island was fucking awful

>Mary Jane , Thats like my favorite name
She was my sexual awakening.

Zombie Island? That one was actually good.

DUDE WEED LMAO

Live action

MC is a cousin or nephew from what I remember, the main tie to the original series is him recalling the chaotic household he grew up in. That said there's a massive payoff at the end

literally american isekai. if this is successful will it be the sword art online to western video game movies and spawn an entire new subgenre?

None becasue this movie should not exist.

Terminyator was good.

bump

bamp

>there won't be a scene where the hunter mc is being chased by various monster while terror time tonight plays

>hero goes to site of monster rampaging
>snaps a photo
>leaves and goes to the library
>looks up and reads the bestiary
>prepares his equipment needed to kill it
>shot of him boiling leaves for some reason
>finally returns to the monster rampage site
>It's literally destroyed and there's corpses everywhere and burnt out tanks since he's been away, absolute devastation
>monster is just sleeping
>he lobs his concoction at it
>it dies

>year of the dragon
>uses a wyvern

>A bunch of completely movies loosely tied together by fan speculation and some eastereggs is a cinematic universe.

The whole statement is pretty clearly explaining why they chose a game with 0 story.