twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Dark Souls

TES:Oblivion
>B-but muh scaling
Fuck up

fpbp

Gothic 2 NoTR

Witcher 3

user, he said RPG, not a stat managing masher.

>WRPG
>good
pick one

*tips katana*

I have to agree.
Either that, or Kotor 2.

lol underage

I remember grinding baldurs gate with a buddy on his gamecube all day and night and when I fell asleep I dreamed that he was talking all the good items without me

I didn't know they made Baldur's Gate for the Cube. Thought that was just PC.

Can anyone comment on this game?

Baroque

fallout 1 or bg2 probably

Child of Light

Could be the best CRPG ever made.

VTM

Is it more similar to Planescape or Fallout?

Fallout. It's made by Fallout devs.

The only real answer

Yeah I know but they also made Planescape which is why I was wondering. Anyways I'll give it a shot since it's $1.50 on GOG.

not an RPG

just like

and

It's on Steam as well. Use this guide to make game run in widescreen. Makes it look pretty good in 1080.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=754604562

Someone doesn't know what RPG means.

Thanks.

>lol underage
Nigga I'm 36. I've been playing RPG's since FF1 and DW1 on the NES. Witcher 3 is a fucking 10/10 masterpiece.

>10/10 masterpiece

Baldurs Gate 2

WRPGs suck

>let me post this bug as an argument

How so?

Deus Ex
Also happens to be the best game of all time

I still haven't played the original, but all three of the others are fucking A+ imo. I first played Invisible War back when it was new. I see it hated on around here sometimes and I have no idea why.

The genre is too varied to pick a distinct "best" game, because "best" would imply that you can define a linear ordering, which simply doesn't work.

Deus Ex for example has great reactivity and action-based role playing in the sense of having the game seemingly dynamically adjust to player actions like killing certain NPCs but it's fairly weak when it comes to character definition as JC Denton is a fairly well defined character. For example Torment has great dialogue-based role playing, allowing the player to intricately define his character's personality but it's fairly weak when it comes to combat encounters. And for pretty much any RPG you can find areas where it beats certain other RPGs while being significantly weaker in others.

The genre is multi-dimensional. You cannot order it linearly without doing certain games injustice. In particular because many great RPGs are extremely good in some regards and extremely poor in others. Flawless RPGs don't exist.

WRPG user. I know reading is hard.

This post is a little to sensible for Sup Forums

The posmodern RPG

Replace ME with Gothic

Fallout >>> fallout 2

Yea I guess it was this one? Cant remember
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baldur's_Gate:_Dark_Alliance

WRPGs are ugly shit.

Definitely more Fallout-ish. It's more systems heavy and much less verbose than Torment.

The first is an entirely different beast from the rest. Everything after IW shouldn't even be considered rpg

t. never played an WRPG

Neverwinter Nights anyone?

Still the best game ever made

>an WRPG

Kek

If I've played
Planescape Torment,
Deus Ex,
Fallout 2,
Baldur's Gate,
Icewind Dale,
and I really like all of them,

Which one should I play next. I was going to play Dark Souls next because I haven't played any Soulsborne games.

Ultima VII
Ultima Underworld

Those are the best 2.

Completely agreed. However, you could probably make a list of essentials that are all great games that cover the various styles/niches you describe, and let that be the end of it.

Baldur's Gate 2. It's vastly superior to BG1. If you mean you've played the series you should play Arcanum.

It's nothing like any of those but I would recommend Dark Souls.

Should of mentioned I played through Fallout 1, BG 2, and Icewind Dale 2.
Yeah I've played past a little after the first boss. Do all the classes roll really poorly or is it my armor? I also hear shields suck.

Might and Magic 6

Gothic to RPGs is what Stalker is to FPS

it's your armor

It's your armor, well specifically your carry weight is to low for your armor and weapons. try putting some points into it the stat that increases it, I forget the stat.

Roll speed is based on encumbrance. Fastroll if under 25%, midroll if under 50%, fatroll if over 100%. Take off armor or increase your endurance. Your class isn't set in stone like in D&D based games; it's more like a package of stats and items you start the game with.

Shields are great, particularly those with 100% phys damage resistance, and specialized shields for blocking fire and magic damage. However, you also need to dodge and parry. You can become dependent on your shield in the early game as it's enough to just block + counterattack; so it's worth taking the time to learn to dodge and parry, because you'll need them for the rest of the game.

Anything non-retarded is viable for beating NG. Pick a class/weapon/magic you enjoy using.

It's probably better to be naked and fastroll than to wear lots of armor and mid/fatroll.

Is Planescape really as good as people say?

Wizardry 8 you fucking faggots

no

need wizfast to be fun

yes

Okay, thanks.

one of the best of its kind?

rage of mages series

Does it really have the best writing of any video game ever user?

For story and roleplaying, it's really top-notch. Combat isn't fun but you're hardly ever forced to fight; most encounters can be circumvented or handled without fighting.

I haven't played every videogame, so I can't really say. It's among the best though.

>best
>western

Why do people keep putting these words in the same sentence?

Morrowind

I find the "bad" combat overstated. It's still just an infinity engine game. It works fine.

not everyone likes playing weebshit Dave-san

the only good jrpgs are the ones that ape western games like wizardry and ultima

Why did you have to say this. I've never played the game, but recently bought G2 gold edition and now feel obligated to boot it up

Too soon bro, too soon.

Also have more respect, he's Ken-sama now.

It's you.

play the first one before the second

I didn't buy the first Dammit, but very well could. Am I really missing all that Much?

No.

>best lore
>best world
>best characters
>best elder scrolls protagonist

Yeah it's great. G2 takes place a few weeks after the first. Just pirate the GOG installer and download the system pack.

Play 2 first then play 1

It's just bad to a lot of people's standards. I personally didn't find anything wrong with it.

why is mass effect even there? ME was just KOTOR for babbies who wanted an action movie. should've put KOTOR2 or at least Gothic 1

Why would anyone do that? That's retarded.

I liked Mass Effect.

First one is the superior one, story vise and setting.

yes. because you won't get any of the awe when you go back to the place where gothic 1 takes place in 2. it's the same with the witcher 3, i feel bad for people who didn't play the witcher 1 and don't get all the references and callbacks.

I found what I was thinking of, turns out it was acutally Davido-kun or some shit.

Because Gothic 1 is empty (Not morrowind-tier empty but emptier than gothic2 )and the controls are garbage, yes it's a great introduction to the superior 2 but it's easier to get into 2

Any recommended mods/unofficial patches?

Are you me? I fucking love that game. Dark Alliance 2 on Xbox even had weapon upgrading and a necromancer character that was fun AF

The controls are the same though? And Gothic has better plot and progression.

>Gothic 1 is empty
what the fuck am i reading?

The system pack is all you need for both games.

>Dark Alliance 2
fuck i had a lot of fun with that. i miss couch co-op games