Face it...

Face it, Sony and Microsoft will never be able to drum up the same sort of excitement that Nintendo is able to with there hardware launches and IPs. And part of the reason people get so excited for Nintendo hardware is because they do something more than simply offer you a cheap PC to plug in to your TV. They actually attempt to innovate. It doesn't always work, sure, but it's certainly a lot more exciting.

>with there launches
Kill yourself.

>paid online
>no internet browser
>not even a real console
>costs $500+ for everything and a game
>DLC already announced for zelda
>ports announced

so why do you assume I'm excited again

Actually, i think people is excited about it mostly because they've been waiting 12 years for a proper successor to the GameCube.

>500+
show me your math

Yeah, they offer you a cheap tablet to plug in to your TV.

>500+ dollarydoos

I think the Switch is cool, but attention doesn't equal sales.

Actually true. Here's to hoping it does well.

It will.

Xbox is fucking worthless, but I know grown ass men who cried a little when they announced The last of us 2, Kingdom Hearts 3, and the FF7 remake. So those titles are up on the hype-o-meter with Zelda and Smash.

Probably, yeah.

Hopefully Sony needs a competitor to put them on their A game.

You now remember that the Ps4 has sold over 50 million consoles, and according to OP, that automatically makes it a good product because popularity means more than anything else.

and how is this even remotely like a successor to the gamecube

What
A proper successor to GC would be a gimped PC like Sony and Microsoft are doing, and would flop just like the GC did

And you know what? I'd prefer a gimped PC to a gimmick console.

Then again, I have an actual PC, so I don't want to be an idort with any console.

Actually nobody has mentioned that this is a proper successor to the gamecube, mostly because it isn't

It would help if nintendo gave a shit about their IP's beyond mario and zelda

nice blog post

they do, that's why it has splatoon and a new ip called arms

he never said anything even remotely similar to that. you are a fanboy in a constant war with other consumers

Man I can care so fucking little about Arms. Literally a child's game.

>*youreselve

Here's the thing, I felt the same way about Splatoon before I played it. So I'll give Arms a chance to wow me.

Not him, but:

Console $300
Pro Controller $60
Game $60
Tax on the above at 7% $30

So $450 total. Not $500, but close.

>Literally a child's game.

why?

And Fire Emblem and Xenoblade and Splatoon

I played that shit at Pax. It's not worth it. I got bored in a minute. I don't have to tell you that the game concept is for kids and the motion controls make me remember how outdated it all is.

Because he hasn't tried it yet and assumes it's a "gimmick" game. Literally half of Sup Forums is like this.

why do you need the pro controller?

Its $390. Ok? So? Yes, a video game costs money. You have to purchase one. When the ps4 came out people bought it for 400 and a 60 dollar game along with a 50 dollar psn subscriptions.
And? Nothing. Because theres nothing there.

Wtf is going on here? I swear this is an organized marketing movement, they all shitpost with the same thing and its always illogical as fuck.

>Because he hasn't tried it yet
like pottery

Not him, but I tried giving Splatoon a chance, and it was one of the most disgustingly casual game to exist on the WiiU. the singleplayer was an absolute disgrace, and I refuse to consider the multiplayer good until they fix the SP.

I can't tolerate esports.

I've played it. It's a lot of fun.

>sales tax 7%
haha where do you live, somalia? here in the united states, sales tax is more like 10%

>10%

Where do you live, in shitty overpriced places like New York or Washington? Lemme guess, you live in California

they dont deserve these hype anymore
>US GAMERS AMRITEXD 11111 UPVOTE AND LIKE IM SUCH LE GAMER
thats why people are eating up their shovelware leapfrog consoles nothing but nostalgia and delusion
this is getting sad we run out of laugh a long time ago

>implying a nintendo console can even compete with sony and microsoft
How about people don't consider a WiiU v2 400 smackaroonies

I'm not disagreeing with you that video games cost money. I'm not the guy that the guy I quoted responded to. Don't get so defensive. I included the Pro controller in the cost because it's the closest thing to a normal controller. If you don't want one, don't buy one.

Ohio.

Yeap
Sony and Microsoft consoles just aren't exciting at all.

They're really not, especially the Xbox. If you have a PC, you've got very little reason to bother with either. It's only recently that PS4 has had any exclusives outside of Bloodborne worth playing.

Nintendo Switch Unit - $300
Zelda BOTW - $60
Zelda BOTW DLC - $20
Pro Controller (Necessity) - $70
Charing Grip (Necessity) - $30
Screen Protector (Necessity) - $10
Carrying Case (Not Necessity, but Recommended) - $20

So yeah... about $500.

It won't.

Nice fucking bait fuckface, here's a (You), dipshit

>Sony and Microsoft will never be able to drum up excitement

Right from his post.

Why would you need a charging grip if you're getting a pro controller?
You don't need a screen protector if you're careful with your stuff. My Vita is scratch free and has been outside a case all its life.

>Sony and Microsoft will never be able to drum up the same sort of excitement that Nintendo is able to with there hardware launches and IPs
That's why both the PS4 and Xbone steamrolled the WiiU right? Also Nintendo was able to make normal consoles before why couldnt they now? Oh wait I forgot they are too busy punching themselves in the face while screaming how unique and special they are

But even with exclusives it's not exciting. It's just the exclusives that are.
I mean
It's just like
>this is ps4 it's a shitty computer
>well what does it do that other platforms don't..
>uhhh it plays this shiny exclusive
>in what manner is the exclusive better on this platform then it would be on another one.
>Erm well it's not.
And even the good games aren't actually published by sony, and only a few by m$.
They aren't even trying anymore. The only thing that makes either box of note is that they pay devs not to put games on the other one, or sometimes even pc.

>Sony has no excitement
They have enough to host their own PS4 only E3 every winter

More people buy car insurance than vacations.
Doesn't make car insurance more exciting.

>normal consoles
I only wants handhelds from Nintendo, and it seems that's what they're doing.

>normal consoles.
Switch, wii u, and even wii are more console like than sony and Microsoft's latest budget pces.

In USA it's illegal to not have car insurance. It's not illegal to not own a PS4.

Some games will be better with Pro Controller and some games will be better with Joy-cons.

Can't charge the Joy-cons unless they are docked or you buy the Charging Grip. The Grip that comes with the system doesn't charge. why waste another 30 dollars on a fucking charging grip? May as well spend a extra 40 to have a REAL controller.

>Switch, wii u, and even wii are more console
I'd rather have a budget PC than having to flail my arms like a spaz or using a knock off tablet to play my games

No it's not.
If you have no car you are not required to buy insurance.
But if that doesn't get the point qcross to you're stupid little head replace it with the dentist or someshit.
Maybe more people buy pickup trucks than super cars but more people are excited for supercars

>in what manner is the exclusive better on this platform then it would be on another one.
That could be aplied to Nintendo as well
I mean I could use the touch screen control aspect of W101 by using a mouse on PC, I could play any Mario game on a keyboard or controller of my choice

That's great user.
But that does nothing to disprove my point.
Thanks for agreeing i guess?

>some games will be better with Joy-cons
Then they wouldn't be in a charging grip will they. The charging grip configuration is outdone by the pro controller in every way. If you're using the joycons on their own, then it makes no difference to charge them on the console or the charging grip.

For Nintendo fanboys maybe. And don't get me wrong, I am not a fanboy of anything. I can and will buy any console if I want to play the games in a console but the Switch as of today is not offering anything enticing for me. LOZ is on the Wii U so really not enticing for me.

>This sytem which requres you to do more than just using a controller to play your games is more console than the others were you just have to use controller and nothing else
If you couldnt see what I was getting at with my post then there's no hope for you

Since when is a PS4 likened to a day to day necessity? You would only buy a PS4 because you are excited about getting one otherwise you're wasting money for no reason.

>no internet browser
You Filthy Casual, i bet that you use your ps4 to watch netflix

Sure, some games it depends.
NMH with wagglemote or even wind waker with the tablet is nice.
Fatal frame V even zombi U.
But i mean the tablet controller is something cool and unique nobody else does. It's probably weaker than tablet console or even motion controls as a standout feature. But it is one.
Also nintendo actually makes good games.
Sony just buys them or has them because nips don't bother with other platforms.

>marketing
The joycons have a 20 hour battery life making your point worthless

That's why it's 100 dollars cheaper than the PS4 at launch. It's also portable

>what is the ps4 launch

So my pc is a console? Huh.
>you would only buy a ps4 because you are excited about getting one.
False i begrudgingly bought one for exclusives. I couldn't give a shit about the console and would rather have paid $330 just to play these games on pc.
I mean what is there even to get excited about?
At the time of the announcement it was already weak for an x86 platform. There was no new hardware or software features over ps3, in fact the only real difference is online costs money now.
Normie one for fifa, or the latest cod, i bought one for nip games.
Nobody bought one because it was totally cool and exciting!

>shit
>okay game
>great multiplat
>shit
>shit

Shut the fuck up retard

You seem upset user. Want to talk about your day?

>Also nintendo actually makes good games.
Last year say so otherwise
>But i mean the tablet controller is something cool and unique nobody else does.
But it could easily be replaced with features other consoles and PC has, hell ZombiU got ported and not much was lost, NMH was ported to PS3 and not a lot was changed since you could use the DS3 to play it
>Also nintendo actually makes good games.
>Sony just buys them or has them because nips don't bother with other platforms.
>Nintendo buys Bayo2 and help develop it
>Good guy Nintendo helping gaming
>Sony buys Bloodborne and help develop it
>SONY IS BUYING OUT DEVS

You mustn't have been around for the PS2 launch. That had more hype than any other console, past or present. Just ask Sega.

>So my pc is a console? Huh.
Considering services like Steam, GOG and such are considered platforms they are, why do you think they no longer say 'coming to PC' and instead use 'coming to Steam'

>Bloodborne was commissioned by Sony to get interest for the PS4
>Bayonetta 2 was an idea taken to multiple companies that nobody wanted except Nintendo

>this whole post
What. A. Retard.

>Bloodborne was commissioned by Sony to get interest for the PS4
Sure just like Demon Souls was oh wait

Okay and?

>screen protector
Not a necessity if you actually know how to care for your belongings.

>pro controller
>charge grip
>necessity
>when you can play fine without a pro controller
>when there are other ways to charge everything without issue
Retarded shitposter

>last year says otherwise.
Meh that's one year amidst a lul.
They have more games for the shitty fucking wii u than sony put out on ps3/4. And early ps3 sony still made decent games.

>but it could easily be replaced by other features other consoles have
Like what? What features even DO they have?
I prefer nmh with my psmove desu. My point was tablet controller, good bad, deal breaker, or not. Was something actually unique exciting and different. Personally im getting botw for wii u just cause it's great for inventory and maps and i can't go back.
>bayonetta 2
I never said nintendo didn't buy them as well.
I said they made good games.
These are not exclusive statements.
My point was not a single good ps4 game was developed by sony in house.
Not that Nintendo doesn't also hold exclusives as hostages.

>why do you need the pro controller?
Because I want a real controller to go with my consoles?

Why is the charging grip a necessity?

You don't know what a console is do you?

>They actually attempt to innovate. It doesn't always work, sure, but it's certainly a lot more exciting.

Exactly. But this time it will never work.

>buy june it will already have twice as many games as ps4
HOW DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING BROS?

>Like what? What features even DO they have?
PS4 has the touchpad on the screen just the tablet part of the WiiU has a touch screen as welldont know about the Xbone PC already can cover the touchscreen or any other gimmick
>My point was not a single good ps4 game was developed by sony in house.
Gravity Rush 1 and 2 are recent examples which both are made by Studio Japan which is owned by Sony and Uncharted whether you like those games or not

*PS4 has a touchpad on the controller

Meant to say that

The touchpad is hardly the same thing as a full on touchscreen nor motion controls or being portable.

I'll give you gravity rush, but that's two games.
Uncharted is complete and utter shit. And yes i really did give it a chance, i used to love naughty dog.

>haha where do you live, somalia?

(Not him) Utah but close enough.
What dystopia do you live in that has 10% sales tax?

5% in Alberta
GOML

>here in the united states, sales tax is more like 10%
Sales tax in the USA varies by state, city and county.

>The touchpad is hardly the same thing as a full on touchscreen nor motion controls or being portable.
How so? Let it Die uses the touchpad and you can use it to circle through your inventory and such, how's that different from using the tablet on the WiiU to navigate thought your inventory on BOTW?
>I'll give you gravity rush, but that's two games.
Now you're just moving the goalposts

Oh also i wish pc had a tablet controller the only real advantage that nobody but sony takes advantage of on console is the ability to make shit like that. It's near impossible for something like that to take off as a standard on PC. I mean compare wii to razer hydra. It's hard to get adopted. Xbox had kinect but lol
Do you have a wii u? It's really not at all the same. Also can't put a map or menu on a touchpad. I concede their are apps for mgsV and fallout 4 but it's more a nuisance when it's not physically on the controller or standard.

>moving goalposts.
Sure whatever i was wrong, sony has not made 0 good games this gen for ps4. It made one, a single one that i forgot about (haven't actually played it yet but i loved the first one on vita so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.) that doesn't negate my overlying point however.

>Switch already DoA
>Nintendo officially stated they're thinking about a successor / Switch isn't successor
>People comparing the Switch (aka newest gen HOME console) to Vita (aka last gen HANDHELD)
>Somehow the Switch doesn't win in every category (online / games / screen / battery life)
>Paid DLC for a main Nintendo title
>Paid online
>Expensive controllers if you don't want to use the retarded joycons
>People are still defending this shit

It's legitimately baffling to me. Their only defense thus far was "B-BUT OTHERS DID IT TOO!" while also failing to realize that nobody liked it when they did that shit either.
This will be Wii U 2.0.
Screenshot this post -- You'll see I'm right when it flops.

**nobody but nintendo

I'll defend vita to the death but you're a fucking idiot.

I often wonder if posts like this are sincere or just bait.
Like a 6 year old console having more games than one coming out in march. Does this actually cross your brain as some sort of obvious point of why switch sucks?

>paid online
Which is cheaper than their competitors too, btw
>no internet browser
And? I have a computer and phone for that. And they stated that it did have access to sites that games link to.
>not even a real console
How do you define "console"?
>costs $500+ for everything and a game
What? No, it's 299.99 plus 59.99 for a game, so more like 260 before tax unless you're a yuropoor or australcuck
>DLC already announced for zelda
And?
>ports announced
And?

>also, Nintendo actually makes good games

Can you name even one from The WiiU? and I will only consider it if it's nothing like what I can get on the PS4. That means no story heavy games, no multiplayer trash, no casual games.

>Oh also i wish pc had a tablet controller the only real advantage that nobody but sony takes advantage of on console is the ability to make shit like that.
Just because you have to ability to make your console "unique" doesnt mean you have to, manufacturers prefer convienience and being easy to develop for over being fancy, the reason why almost no 3rd party wanted to make games for the WiiU is because they would have to find a way to use both the console and the tablet on their game not to mention the architecture they were working on was way different than other two systems, the same problem happened to the N64, GC and PS3
>Also can't put a map or menu on a touchpad. I concede their are apps for mgsV and fallout 4 but it's more a nuisance when it's not physically on the controller or standard.
But didnt you said you werent happy with things being standard?
>It made one, a single one
They also made that R&C remake which you cant really argue its not Sony that made it but Imsomniac but that's like saying Pokemon is not from Nintendo since Gamefreak is free to develop other games for other systems