What games effectively communicate feelings of loneliness, despair, decay and insignificance?

What games effectively communicate feelings of loneliness, despair, decay and insignificance?

real life does pretty good job of that

Anyone where the screen goes black, so you can see your on reflection famalam

SotC

KOTOR II, Spec Ops, Sunless Sea

SOMA

No other game gives the feeling better than Pathologic

Baroque on the Saturn
Yume Nikki/.flow

This. SOMA will fuck your week.

Everything I hear about this game makes me think it nails the feeling I'm looking for, but I know when I try it I'm going to get scared off by Slav controls/difficulty and translations.

It's worth it though. Just going to say that.

Super Mario Sunshine

>What games effectively communicate feelings of loneliness, despair, decay and insignificance?
Battleborn

Terraria if you don't build houses for NPCs

Silent Hill 2.

bloodborne technically

>/vg/

Starsector. Its entire back story is that the warp-gates that Humanity was using to colonize a sector of the galaxy failed, and haven't turned back on in a thousand years. Resources are depleting fast and no one has the technology to travel outside of the starsector. The entire economy is past peak-production point and the few corporations left from the pre-warp times have created some pseudo-governments to keep people together.

Came here to say this

Metroid (the original is best for this)
The Fall
Dark Souls
Hotel Dusk

Since this game was brought up I need to ask, because I'm too lazy to do some research, what happened to the remake/re-translation of this game?

coming out in the autumn

I could definitely go for something like that.

Beat it.

I keep trying to get into Pathologic, but the time-limits, and the way I keep accidentally breaking dialogue trees by asking about things in the wrong order and missing certain details is kind of holding me back.

Quake 1's atmosphere

I don't even get why people say SOMA is so depressing or whatever.

Maybe it's because I'm not 12.

I guess it could have worked if they hadn't shown you as the new Simon in the ARK world with Catherine to make newfags feel good about the ending. Completely ruined the whole game and its themes.

Dark Souls 2 had a pretty desolate environment. Take example Majula. If you have patience to follow the lore you will find every friendly npc have their own loneliness to deal.

Because its the end of humanity and a false sense of hope. Cant even call it bittersweet.

but now Simon gets to fuck Catherine for eternity and make loadsababies.

The Goron got me

Dark Souls
Lone Survivor
Metroid 2
Penumbra

Generations that wont live past the satellite's lifespan

The Beginner's Guide