Defend this

Defend this

I can't, it's fucking tedious having to pick up blood vials and bullets. If you automatically picked them up no-one would whine that estus is better.

Out of all the souls healing items, it's the one that enables maximum smug.

They were a lot worse when you couldn't store 600

>he had to grind for vials

>git gud lmfaoooo XD
Kys bloodbornefags

had to stop playing this game for a while because only the thought of having to farm these threw me off.
I like everything else. I really do. But grinding these is so tedious and mood killing.

I truly can't, I can understand farming for souls or items and that kinda shit. But healing items? Just kinda tedious

>he's pretending that central yharnam wasn't hard as fuck

How's this different from Demon's Souls' grass?

What's that smell...

GIT GUD
If you were more careful and didn't get hit, you wouldn't need to blood vial farm

one run through the starting area or woods is really all you need for farming. Just spend the echos you get on more in the shop an you're set unless you're just really bad. Bloodborne lets you recover your HP just by hitting enemies so it's not like it's much of a problem. Demon's Souls wasn't any better.

That being said, Estus is the ultimate video game recovery item IMO.

Demon's Souls was built around a grey-life system that encouraged you to trade hits.

Grass dropped a whole shitton more frequently and if I recall correctly you could carry way more of them at once than you can Blood Vials.

easily punished?

what's wrong with it?

*wasn't

And Bloodborne has a health recovery on attack system.

Fucking kys

Only shitters needed to farm vials. The real problem was healing grasses in Demons'. Several degrees of grass for variable heals and you could carry 99 each.

How do you like your invasions, senpai?

the same people who bitched about blood vials are the same people who bitched about weapons breaking in nioh's first demo. fucking casual cancer.

When you compare them to estus blood vials are pretty lame. But compared to pretty much every other game it wasn't bad at all.

People seem to forget, Bloodborne is not a souls game.

>people who never played Demon's Souls complain about vials.

Post patch babbies with their 600 limit have nothing to cry about.

You can't. Unlike in Demon's Souls, which also had consumable health items, they don't show up all over the game. At the end of DeS I had so much fucking grass left I literally just used it all trying to fight Allant in one shot. In Bloodborne, only certain enemy types in certain areas drop vials, so unless you want to play certain areas over and over again a thousand times with no healing items, your only option is to stop progressing in the game, go back to the beginning, and grind for hours. It's a terrible design choice.

Wut.

You literally cant without sounding like a blind fanboy, BB did a lot of things better than souls, but healing items system is not one of them, farming vials along with very useless npc vials were terrible.

DS1 Estus>DS2 Estus>DS3 Estus>>>>>Blood Vials>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Grass

this

god you fucking casual toddlers will literally cry about anything

>they don't show up all over the game
You know what does show up all over the game? Fucking blood echoes

They're not great.

>Be aggressive! If you take damage, you have to jump right in and attack to regain your lost health!
>Can just safely and quickly use a very generous, instant heal item
>You get fucking 20 of them

You can buy them pretty cheap

It's fine, it's meant to make players make more use of the rally mechanic. If you had to grind for vials you're pretty terrible, they drop a shit ton and can even be purchased.

I think that Blood Vials being limited was intended to increase the degree of fear and hopelessness a player felt when they were playing poorly and forced to chug a ton. It adds a lot of tension to boss fights when don't have a large stockpile and you've invested 15 vials into an attempt.

It's easy enough to keep a stockpile once you're established in the game, anyway. Just buy them with whatever is left over after leveling.

>99 limit
>use 15 of them during a boss and you're mad as fuck

Is this a joke? I just beat the game for the first time and only at the very beginning of the game did I ever have to farm these (and it was just killing the church giants/minions outside of cathedral ward once or twice). After I finished old Yharnam I never had to farm them again until chalice dungeons, the game just gave you that many lying around.

Demon's Souls is a shit game kept afloat by good ideas. Bloodborne is a great game dragged down by bad ideas.

It's no estus but it's still not that bad.

Estus is for Dark Soul's games and Bloodborne is not a Dark Souls game.

If estus wasn't such a perfect method of health recovery nobody would even care about blood vials. If you compare a perfect system to an adequate system of course it's going to look bad.

I never had issue with it but I think it would have been better to guarantee you three blood vials when you die so you never had an excuse of needing to "go back and farm for them", making shitter's tears all the more obvious.

>using echoes to buy blood vials
Nigga what

I have 60 million blood echoes on me and I only use them to top off my blood vials after every chalice run

Im a shitter when I get stuck on a boss, make one run around the area I'm in and you can buy at least 10-20 and try again. Usually what I did till after rom

>enter depth five rfc chalice
>kill one zombie
>afford all the blood vials forever

Plus parrying a vial spammer is the best fucking feeling.

This, along with the shitty lantern system, abundance of 1 hit kills, and frame drops are what keep this from being the game of the decade. Also maybe the lack of clothing and stuff

>plus parrying a vial spammer is the best fucking feeling
this
everybody complained about bloodborne pvp being boring because everybody just gave themselves aids with blood vials, but none of them actually bothered to level bloodtinge as a side skill and rush down healing faggots.

I came into this thread thinking it would be about how 20 blood vials a life was excessive, especially considering how quickly you can get them off.

Are y'all really this casual?

My main gripe is that the armor all have similar stats except for certain variables.

This is why you run out of Blood Vials, genius.

Are you people stupid or something?

Farming blood vials and bullets was so fucking slow, that it was easier to farm blood echoes and BUY the vials and bullets. Only in the beginning did you need to do this a couple of times, and the trip from Central Yarhman to Father Gascoine usually gave you 8 to 12 vials and 4 bullets or so.

>Also maybe the lack of clothing and stuff
thats literally all you wear

Smells like ass

I think that was the point, you were supposed to just wear what you liked wearing,

The only time I ever switched armor out was white church for the damn poison swamps and ashen for fighting winter lanterns, and even then it made little difference.

What is it whiskey?

So artificial difficulty? Kys.

This is modern Sup Forums, yes they're that casual. Most will unironically defend visiting Reddit.

I actually liked this. In Souls games I would always be drawn to what had high stats and not what I liked the look of, even when I was good enough at the game to rarely get hit. In BB I was free to wear whatever I liked the look of and not worry about being weaker than I could be.

>can sneak up on random yharnamites lying in ambush
>wait and listen a bit
>"God, what's that smell..."
>"...smells like you, stranger."

>abundance of 1 hit kills
Where?

The balance intends for you to not get hit in the first place, what good would good armor be?
I always forget the majority of the Souls playerbase are shield-shitters who never exploit the piss broken rolling system.

yeah 20 is too much.

also the rally stuff could've stood to be reworked better for the variance in weapons

The grass in Demon's Souls wasn't good, they recognised this and introduced estus. The problem with Bloodborne is that it takes a step backwards with the vials.

That's actually one thing bloodborne does right though. Wearing whatever you thought looked coolest was a good idea.

Most bosses have a way to 1 shot you, I don't feel like searching up but I know laurence, Gehrman, and bsb can 1 shot, I know Maria has some moves that did 95% of my hp at level 60-70, and that's all I remember now since I haven't played in a while

And thank fucking god for that. The armor memes in souls are fucking cancer.

Add winter lanterns to the list, just remembered

Never have I ever been one-shot by any of those bosses, or literally anything outside of an FRC depth 5 chalice dungeon. How much Vit are you running around with?

You probably timed a dodge wrong. You take enormous increased damage when getting hit right before or right after your i-frames kick in. It discourages panic dodges/dodge spamming. Ebrietas' full-body charge teachers players this the hard way.

They should've done something like what Trove did with health potions and you can switch out your vial set with different types, like a bandolier of smaller vials that heal less but you have more or vials that automatically inject when you're about to die but have a very limited capacity and are extremely hard to get.
Increase the rallying potential global rate and decrease the emphasis on using blood vials to encourage more aggressive combat.

That's not actually what I meant. I'm fine with the armor having similar stats because le fashion souls meme, I just thought there weren't ENOUGH armor sets in the game

You do know that if you dodge at the wrong moment enemies do increased damage yea? Unless you have extremely low health and no armor, you can't be one shot

Amygdala, Ebreitas, pretty much all challice dungeon bosses after Pthumeru.

I'm pretty sure it's impossible for a bl30 to survive blood starved beast's grab, no matter how much bit you have. I'm also pretty sure it's impossible to survive the winter lantern grab in any circumstance

What was the deal with the lantern system? Why would they add that in the game with the longest loading times?

It's pretty bad but doesn't make the game substantially worse unlike Demon's. You can farm 600 pretty quickly in the chalice dungeons.

Vials dropped like 24/7. Why are people suddenly ass-pained about getting blood vials? You should be flooded with them by the time you get to Rom.

If you seriously had to farm for vials then you best return the damn game.

You're so cool dude

I won't and anybody who does is a faggot. Consumable healing and parries you can run out of and be forced to farm for is stupid.

>-b-but they fixed it with patches!
Maybe if it wasn't a consumable system they wouldn't have had to prop it up and spit shine it by increasing the storage limit by 500 or having an enemy that drops 10 vials and respawns in the DLC, they should have just made it a reusable like Estus flasks. I mean, this game was made after if not side-by-side with DaS :^)

it's vagina blood
what's there to defend?

I'd believe that if by the time you get to the Great Bridge lantern you can farm them absurdly fast. But as it is it's just an annoying inconvenience when you respawn and you don't see your Vial or Bullet Count at 20.

Bloodborne is just like every other From Software game: when they do a new iteration of a genre they implement a few quality of life improvements, some gameplay changers and some "What the fuck were they thinking?" changes.

Don't get hit and you won't get punished.

Never have I ever been one shot by Any or Bri. Their strongest attack always leaves me with at least a decent chunk of health.

Grass wasn't a problem because you always had a fuck ton of it. Maybe at the start of the game you would run out, but that stops happening after world 1. In Bloodborne it happens all the time.

>play Bloodborne for the first time and generally seem fine with vials
>go back to DaS1 for fun, go to take a sip and get bodied because I can't move
Really buttered my beans and made me realize all the little things that made Bloodborne easier.

>(You) Farming
Faggots all over the shop

Sorry to say but you're highly overleveled bud, atleast if your "decent" chunk is the same as what I consider it

Consumables are fine and you don't need to farm them when the game hands you plenty of them from common enemy types.

Nowhere near overleveled. Bri doesn't oneshot me around bl65.

The biggest non-issue that Sup Forums bitches about.

>complete the first 2 levels (very simple and easy even for new players)
>already have 60+ vials
>buy vials with left over echoes after leveling each time

woooow sooo haarrd

No it doesn't. The game gives you plenty of vials and a way to buy them on top of that. The only time you may run out is of you spam them early on. The idea is to use fewer vials and make better use of the rally system.

You'll be one of them, sooner or later.

The game throws blood echoes at you. Just buy blood vials if you're low. Seriously, this isn't rocket science.

>complete first two levels
Most people don't even get passed Gascoigne if you look at trophy data. They give up because the game doesn't hand them everything.

Ah....Fag, or some say Faggot

>wearing armor in a Souls game for the stats

Nigga, just wear what you think looks good.

You could hold more grass than 10 fucking lawnmower bags.

I'm nearly certain that the only boss in the Souls series that has a guaranteed OHKO is Blackflame Friede.

i dont really understand why they did it when the estus formula worked perfectly but it didnt really bother me either

Do you see our shitposts?

Majestic! A faggot is a faggot, even in a dream.