Press Y to instantly counter every single attack and never take any damage

>press Y to instantly counter every single attack and never take any damage
Where were you when they ruined MonHun? What the fuck is even the point of the other styles anymore?

youtube.com/watch?v=w2OrYOJ__AI

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mNcmlhRTurg
youtube.com/watch?v=zw1f9YSMMZY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He took damage in that video though

i'm sure that's hell on his sharpness.

They are trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator.
Look how 3rd gen babys love adept style.

He took chip recovery damage from braveing, which is basically negligible. Doesn't have to worry about the spirit gauge either apparently. What bullshit

At this point I unironically am more hyped for the rumored MH5 PS4 reboot than the mainline series.

They just keep adding obvious gimmicks on top of gimmicks because the core gameplay has already been fully explored and realized, so the only alternative to keep shitting out games without any real effort is with that type of bloated flashy shit.

MHG was truly the last straw for me. Not that I wasn't fatigued from the series at that point, but ruining my Gunlance playstyle and just the general shit on top of shit they added done did it.

I don't care if the reboot is casualised and simplified, as long as it's something different. If I want a good MH game I can always go back to MHFU/MH3U/4U

>ruining my Gunlance playstyle
Not that GL isn't shit in generations, but the only playstyle they "ruined" was the stupid evasion bullshit with the seregios gunlance that never should have been possible to begin with

>Not even chip like with a block where it would remove all red health upon taking damage
>Just consumes a small amount of green regardless of the attack

y-you... wouldn't understand...

in all seriousness I simply hate the new mechanic

>STILL NO FUCKING LOCK-ON

WHY

I hope so too, and I'm a gen 4 babby. They just need to give older monsters a fresh coat of (mechanical) paint. It's so jarring seeing, like, Gore Magala with its fluid as fuck animations and zero bullshit no-tell charges or fly-to-fireballs, and then going to fight Yian Garuga or something.

>Where were you when they ruined MonHun?
that was like 2 games ago dude

How would lock-on help?

The heat gauge is fucking awful don't get me wrong, but I at least appreciate what they were trying to do with it. Honestly they just need to get rid of the three subtypes, make shelling scale with raw/sharpness (why the fuck it doesn't is beyond me) and make it play like an actual TANK which is the fantasy every GL player is looking for to begin with. Natural guard points would also be nice so GL doesn't need meme skills just to function and can stop getting cucked by CB every game

Have you even played these games? Lock on would just be a hindrance.

MHX is not good to be honest. mhX was where I stopped thanks to its garbo framerate and gameplay that was inferior to 4u

>MH4U ruined monhun
what a shit opinion

Not that guy, but
I have yet to make this fucker. I want it so bad.

Also, agreed so hard. Fuck the meter. It's the ONLY weapon that has a mechanic that makes it shittier until you make it "not gimped".

Fuck Ryuji. I bet that cunt is assmad over people who have fast GL clear times so he nerfed it on purpose. Naturally, he made his stupid ass weapons that he waifus even better.

4 U.

No but for real, make it optional, every monster with a fucking dash attack always winds up JUUUUUST behind the camera enough that you can't see shit and get hit by a fucking tail swing or some shit, unless you're going to mash L for 10 minutes.

>MH5 PS4 reboot
Cry more, sonygger. Monster hunter is Nintendo now.

yeah your right having the entire postgame be frenzied rajang speedkills was way better than having any actual fights worth doing

>MH5 PS4 reboot
You poor poor fool

So you could say they

Double crossed us

Tap on the monster's icon and then press L

CARLOS

>never take any damage
YOu do take damage.

I mean like an auto lock-on, think like Zelda or Dark souls.

Fuck, even if you HELD it and it would stay on the one monster, would be infinitely better

It wouldn't though, positioning would be harder.

I played though all of MH4U with gunlance Wide shell spam and LBG rapid-fire Cragshot spam (Clust as secondary) even in online lobbies

I've never had this much fun

>I have yet to make this fucker.
Then why are you here wasting time NOT making it?!

I posted a gif from MH3U and mentioned mostly 3DS MonHun titles, with the only Sony one being MHFU. You aren't that bright calling me a sonygger, are ya?

Yes I would prefer to play MonHun on a good console for once, but I only mentioned the PS4 because that was the rumor, no other reason. If MH5 is a reboot and comes for the 3DS then I'll still buy it all the same.

>as opposed to entire postgame being abyssal lagi and lucent speed kills
not like "muh postgame" is even a relevant argument when mh4u had more content than every other monhun game put together. even just the postgame had better diversity than any other postgame since people hunted 140 elder dragons, rajang, jho, apex, gog, dalamadur, crimson/white fatalis, etc... off yourself for being a fucking retard

>that mutant Tricertops Instant kill

just fucking kill me.

youtube.com/watch?v=mNcmlhRTurg

too lazy to install this shit, what's changed from X? I really liked the dodge attack you can do with the dual swords, bushido style or whatever it was?

Do not post Canta in this shithole.

that poor bastard on the left got hit

Do you rike?

i know it sucks having 4U be your first game in the series and all but you don't have to tell people to kill themselves

??? Stop speedruning rajang then?

Not him, but I agree. 4U was horse anus, and even worse it was bogged down super hard by "story".
Fuck the story. I don't give a fuck about all these stupid stereotypical assholes surrounding me, I just want to progress by clearing quests. Plus it started this garbage where you have to go to different towns and talk to faggots to get quests. Get the flying fuck out, jerkwads. That's the quest counter's job, not mine.
Also, Apex was beyond rancid shit. HURR LET'S MAKE MONSTERS WHO CAN'T BE FUCKED OVER BY MIND'S EYE AND NEED A RETARDED ITEM THAT YOU NEED TO CHARGE TO BEGIN WITH AND TAKES FOREVER TO RECHARGE (AND ALSO HAS NO USE WHATSOEVER OUTSIDE OF HUNTING APEX MONSTERS) OH AND LET'S DUMP THEM ALL OVER G RANK DURR.
Guild Quests were boring, monotonous, and pointless because they were tied to rank anyways.
The everwood or whatever was a shittier and randomly generated version of Moga Woods, except "hurr let's have monsters escape constantly and make the place a total pain in the ass to get from area to area due to all the climbing and long stretches of empty space durr".
The new maps were all shit, even further bogged down by climbing and long stretches of nothing and "fuck shortcuts, right guize". This is made even worse by monsters still magically leaping or digging to other places sometimes 3 areas away, because "we're too lazy to animate limping". Again, no shortcuts or good map design made this even worse.
The new cat system was fucking awful.
Kinsect juices were all over when all you wanted was some damn plants or berries.

I could go on, but I will say that the new trader system was decent and being able to trade for monster armors that weren't in the game was cool.

>no argument
Honestly if you're trying to argue that 4U had a bad endgame compared to any of the games other than Generations, it's you that hasn't played them

So how about that trailer?

4U postgame had a ton of diversity though. Teostra, Shagaru, Kushala, Jho, any Apex, Chaotic Gore, Chameleos, Molten Tiggy, and probably a few I'm forgetting. Then there's the story elder dragons like Gog, Shah, C. Fatalis and W. Fatalis. Also Akantor, Ukanlos, and Raging Brachy. There's no real reason to spam Rajang hunts so I don't know why you think that was the only monster that people hunted.

Compared to 3U which was almost exclusively L. Narga, A. Lagi, Moralis, Alatreon, Brachy, and rarely Savage Jho, Stygian Zinogre, Goldbeard, and H. Jhen Mohran. Lucent, Abyssal and Moralis were all fucking garbage fights too

The new style looks whack. But why does he sometimes stand in place upon triggering the invulnerable move (like at 2.20 when he cut the snowball) and sometimes he does a short vault backwards?

Not with faster weapons

Get good
You are the problem

>Build up tons of red health by guarding
>Get scratched by a toenail as the monster shuffles around
>Half your health gone
I can already feel it happening and I am feeling really really upset

>Build up tons of red health by guarding
Does it look like that's happening?

Considering each time you Brave scoot you keep taking red health as well as consuming green into red when you hold the stance, yes that's exactly what's happening.

That is what's happening when you block, right? Your green health goes down, but it leaves red health behind.

Honestly after playing God Eater I can't go back to MonHun.

>Primarily use GS
>Aerial is a spam shitfest
>Adept sucks dick and launches other people all the time
>Stuck with Guild and Striker when other weapons get fancy new toys
>Come in Brave style
>mfw

This is absolutely fucking retarded, but it feels great to draw into the strong charge combo.

Look at it this way, you can use Resentment with it to get +20 true raw whenever you have red health.

>adept sucks dick

Nah it's mad fun.

Which monster hunter is the best one on the 3ds. Ive seen like 3 of them and i want to choose the right one

>Human catapult

Might as well use Adept Hammer, then.

the style stuff really ruin the game for me
didnt like MHX one bit

>What the fuck is even the point of the other styles anymore?

we already rode this pony with adept friend

Are they ever gonna make another MH game without this lame style bullshit?

>sustain zero damage by parrying
>with a fucking Long Sword which doesnt even has a block

>I want this to be added
>NO WHY WOULD YOU SULLY OUR PERFECT GAME WITH WHAT COULD EASILY BE AN OPTIONAL FEATURE?
>Because I want it
>YOU DON'T WANT IT UR JUST BAD

This is you, this is what you sound like.

4U's arguably the best as a starting point
Generations is where everyone's at right now but it's loaded with a lot of new gimmicks and may feel weird as a starting point

>use guild
>game plays the same
>????

dumb pupper poster

MHX is the newest one, with the most new additions and changes. People said it killed the series. The old one was better.

MH4U is good and straightforward. It removed swimming. It has a good tutorial to get new players into the game. It killed the series. The old one was better.

MH3U is the oldest but it runs at 60 FPS. It has swimming which is frustrating on the 3DS. The old one was better.

Except nearly everyone you ask across the MH fanbase will tell you 4U was the best in the series.

>tfw no mhxx on vita

Generations is easy as fuck
4U has good mechanics but shit maps and monster roster
3U has better monsters and maps but has underwater combat and it fucking sucks
Pick your poison,

Oh hey, you're back.

no mhxx on what?

>Don't have a stable internet collection any more
>Can't bring myself to care about MH any more
Its just more fun in multiplayer

tfw no real volcano map in mh4u

Still waiting on that Switch port. It'll happen, right?

Of course it'll happen.

Sorry, I'm not him.

>modern MonHun is shit

woah who couldnt seen that one coming

YES, LET US PUT OUR HOPE TOGETHER AND HOPE user

HOOPEE.

Well fuck.

>Sunken Hollow was kinda lackluster, but thankfully it's just one area
>Volcanic Hollow shows up

>rumored MH5 PS4 reboot than the mainline series.
>rumored
>getting hyped for rumors

pick your poison

mh3u has the retarded charm tables

mh4u is ledges and rajang grinding simulator

generations is gathering quests and the bullet sponge deviants

>having hope that tomorrow will bring a brighter future

fags amirite

And even there, X has more content than fucking 3rd

Yeah, because when Capcom is definitely a company to put your trust in.

get a circlepad pro or a new3ds, track the monster manually

>mfw vertical stages as gunner

>not using wireless ds4 to play

Honestly, o3DS/XL+CCP is perfection for MH.

>Boomerang cat in Volcanic Hollow 8

>Vertical stages as a boomerang cat

Why does this take so long to come over to NA/EU?

Thanks everyone going with monster hunter 4U

Any tips i must know?

what are you

Hit the monster.
Don't get hit.

Hit the monster until it dies

explain what the fuck this is, please

Wystones

140 gq

Rock kills are the best kills in MH.

Stream where

How?

Stick to 1 or 2 two weapons for starters, in your box you will have one of each weapon type available, try them all until you find ones that click with you. Study each monster's movements and learn to position yourself, once you get this down you will be able to rush in like if you were dancing. Finish as many quests on the village as you can before trying multiplayer online but above all hang in there and get it done

>People think you can just press Y at any given time and avoid all damage
It's still VERY skill based, what's the problem?
youtube.com/watch?v=zw1f9YSMMZY