Whats it gonna be like?
What do you want it to be like?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Uqvr6igV3Wc
youtube.com/watch?v=86222qXgNKI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I want it to be new vegas 2 made by obsidian with no bethesda meddling

I want Bethesda to take the series out back and end it's misery

nice memes. now how about you actually contribute to the thread?

>Whats it gonna be like?
Shit.
>What do you want it to be like?
New Vegas 2

I answered as fucking honestly as I could, just because you don't like my answer doesn't mean it's a meme

Now fuck off

fpbp

No matter if it's good or not, Obisidan memers will find reason to hate it anyway just because it's developed by Bethesda.

>Top-down view
>Turn-based while in combat
>Real-time while exploring
>Obisidian does the writing
>Firaxis does the coding
>Basically XCOM with Fallout aesthetics
>They can even add vault micromanagement, I don't give a fuck

Somewhere not in the east coast. Give me some down south or west coast shenanigans

I hope they either move the setting to a new country or make it in New Orleans, need a fallout set in the south

Now that Bethesda has done the worst stuff imaginable, I think it'll be up there with New Vegas, maybe someday after that the series will get a game as good as 1 again.
>people who want Obsidian to wipe their ass with the series again
fuck off

I wonder who could be writing this
;)

Obsidian offered but I'll bet all my money Bethesda will tell them to fuck off out of spite

Assuming you're not op samefagging:

I played every fallout in release order

I like fallout 1, fallout 2, and new vegas. Fallout 3 is fucking garbage, fallout 4 is fucking garbage.

I'm not an obsidian memer, I fucking despise pillars of eternity. I want them to make new vegas 2 because they made new vegas 1 and it's one of my favorite games of all time. That's it.

Now go fuck yourself

it will be set in canada, vehicles will get a focus as the Trans-Canada highway is in pristine(comparatively) condition

visit Algonquin Park, the site the lone wanderer blasted during the Zeta DLC
Fight back the Red Menace on the westcoast, the legion in the south and the ever encroaching civil war in the east between the Patriots of America and the Canadian resistance

>>Turn-based while in combat
No
>>Obisidian does the writing
FUCK no
>>Firaxis does the coding
Making it just as buggy as NV because they'll have just as little experience with the engine as Obsidian did
>>Basically XCOM with Fallout aesthetics
God no, XCOM's combat system isn't fit for an RPG
>>They can even add vault micromanagement, I don't give a fuck
I really want something like this

just reskin fallout 4 since it's the best one in the series. It's literally the perfect fallout game, anyone who says it's shit is just a nostalgic faggot

>openly admits he despises 1&2
>"b-but I like them! I swear!"
You're not fooling anyone, obsidrone.

>robots left over from the great war continue to wage war in small numbers

"openly admits he despises 1&2"
Where

fpbp

...So like Fallout 1/2/Tactics to an extent dummy.
B8

Just like Skyrim, Fallout 4 wasn't a bad game, but it really killed my enthusiasm for a sequel. I really don't care what Elder Scrolls / Fallout does anymore.

Fallout 5 is still at least six years away unless Bethesda sells the IP. Maybe they will license it to another developer, but that game will not be numbered in its name, as with FNV.

>Where
>"it's one of my favorite games of all time"
It's down there with Fallout 3, saying you think it's good is the equivalent of saying 1&2 are shit

>whats it gonna be like
Shit
>what do you want it to be
Not shit

I want it to be like New Vegas and set in Atlanta or New Orleans or Chicago, but it will be like a shittier version of 4.

Probably more like F4 and less like NV.

I want Bethesda to stop making games with their shitty Gamebryo derived thing that can't even do vehicles and use a real system. They've basically murdered their modding scene anyways and that was the only reason to stick with gamebryo anyway.

your mental gymnastics for a video game discussion is the most impressive thing ive ever seen in the last hour

It'll be an incredibly bad sandbox that way they can pack 30 DLC's in.

Quest for a future fallout game
>enter some abandoned vault or whatever
>clearly been picked over, but not very well
>as you're moving through you hear "Hello? Is someone there? Please help me."
>eventually find the room where the woman's voice is coming from
>nothing but corpses
>but it wasn't a person speaking to you, it was a suit, it's the stealth suit from Old World Blues
>picking up the suit starts "Lost but not forgotten"
>one of the endings for OWB is the facility scowers the wastes for its missing technology, and the result is in Fallout 5 there are robots all over the map, completing the quest turns off their respawn

Honestly as long as it drops the settlement garbage and has a good fucking story it will be fine. Avoid gimmicks (settlements) dont skimp on the story (F4) .

And don't go retarded like NV.

>anything I don't want to hear is bait
Everything I said is true, turn based combat is terrible, Obsidian can't write for shit, firaxis wouldn't be able to code gamebryo for beans, and xcom's combat system would be retardedly difficult for an RPG

All true.

I think a Fallout game set somewhere in the former European Commonwealth is something that could work well.

This (either the Rina Ketty or modern cover) would be the music piece for the intro:
youtube.com/watch?v=Uqvr6igV3Wc
youtube.com/watch?v=86222qXgNKI

A bow option is introduced, appealing to contrarians everywhere.
SPECIAL is gone, perks are tied instead to level alone.
Sneak attack criticals are removed for all weapons except the new bows.

>1 SPECIAL
>10 skills with different levels
>6 weapons (energy pistol, energy rifle, bullet pistol, bullet rifle, fat man, mini-gun)
>2 types of armor (heavy and light)
>1 armor slot
>1 possible ending
>1 dialogue choice

I have given up hope on the franchise. bethesda tried hard to appeal to the skyrimjob audience and have lost several diehard fans in the process.

We've seen what Bethesda are capable of several times over and guess what? It ain't good. The worlds look nice and are decently fun to explore but that is literally it.

>3 melee weapons (stick, baseball bat, super hammer)
>4 voice actors (really one guy and girl huffing helium to sound differently)
>New VATS (called VADES or, Vault Assisted Do Everything System)
>MORE SETTLEMENTS ARE UNDER ATTACK

It would be cool if Fallout series incorporated something like in Rogue Legacy where you only had 1 life but could play as your decedent.

Oh fuck off you cunt. We don't need any more shit gimmicks.

>You automatically teleport to your settlements, as well as to the sites of any quest that generates in Greston Parvey's roster.

the worst idea ever

eh you could get married in shit in the old 1 & 2

>gonna be
2D side-scroller with no effort put into it, making some 1-man Indie games made for game jams look like AAA titles.
>wanna be
You already know the answer.

>Press A to kill invaders

So?

>using gamebryo
A: turn based combat is fine if you don't have ADHD

B: Xcom's system is literally just base management with a very simple character progression system.

C: Obsidian can actually make a coherent plotline that doesn't fall apart if you think about it for five seconds

TL;DR
kill yourself

Wouldn't care if it never gets made. Just do TES 6

>C: Obsidian can actually make a coherent plotline that doesn't fall apart if you think about it for five seconds
Wrong. They used to be able to but now that their star writer is gone, they're left with hacks.

Multiplayer

Bethesda started off relatively low with Oblivion and FO3, then deteriorated through to Skyrim and ended up with the abomination that was FO4, I honestly don't want to see what they do to it next time. What I want is another one by Obsidian, preferably with more funding and a less rushed development.

Next fallout needs to be set in Hawaii
We could cool as sea monsters n' shit

>Whats it gonna be like?
Probably shitty tourist bait taking place in somewhere like Texas or Florida

Take place in England and have it be you triyn to get to that seed vault

Fallout mmorpg when?

Fallout 5 in Seattle.
Fallout 6 in Toronto.
Fallout 7 in Central Florida with Orlando, Disney World, and Space Center.

I want it to be more full of life, I don't like the empty feeling of Fallout 4

I want a remaster of FONV that's just a flat engine improvement with the old content they promised added back in. That's it.

>fallout game made by ZoS
>anything other than dogshit

yeah nty

>Fallout 5 in Seattle.
I hope so, maybe we can finally get a real forest with some comfy rain

revisit New Reno

I think fallout needs to pick a route, to be honest. It's gonna be a First Person(3rd sometimes) game for the fore-seeable future and as much as I enjoyed F1 and 2, I doubt Bethesda would see a return to the isometric for a GOOD LONG While, perhaps a spin-off game for IOS someday, but nothing mainstream.

F4 showed us a less RPG more FPS focused game, and although it wasn't great, the FPS aspect was fairly well done, while the settlement stuff had plenty of tools, and plenty of fun could be had with it, but as a survival mechanic it was boring and held nothing but wasted potential.

As a game franchise I feel it has 2 choices. Buckle down and become more of an FPS survival focused, making the game more realistic but removing it's original RPG elements in the proccess.

OR

Work harder into the RPG aspects and lose some of it's FPS action, this'd probably shoot down the mass appeal and probably be costly I feel but it's hard in the current game series to really facter in those Skills into actual abilities.

Side-note. Fallout as a FPS RPG as it stands now, feels like it's often at odds deciding to be an RPG or an FPS. Fallout 1 and 2 you shot your gun at a token, YOU had no control over the possibility of it hitting besides your distance and skill points. Fallout 3 onwards, YOU aim the gun, YOU pull the trigger, what happens is more down to you than the skills you invest in, they only account for stability and damage.

If you survived the long-ass text post, I appriciate it. These are just my thoughts and I'd like to hear what other people have to say on the matter.

All the guards will say
>I used to be an adventurer like you, than I shot a man in Reno

I want to to be a nuclear winter with more of a hardcore survival experience rather then a run through hoops half assed empty sandbox.

>wanting obsidian to do another fallout game
>when they couldn't even be consistent with the pronunciation of the antagonist's name in new vegas

dialogue choice
>game stars, you and your wife are in bed together, making your daughter(because we already did son)
>you can click top or bottom to select your gender
>you can switch the race between African American and White, your spouse is always the race you didn't choose
>your daughter disappears from the fault while you sleep, turns out the evil people broke in and stole her for experiments
>when you leave the vault you are given Bullet Pistol
>as you progress through the main quest you are given more weapons. Bullet Pistol > Bullet Rifle > Energy Pistol > Emergy Rifle > Mini-gun
>the Fatman is a special sidequest weapon that you collect ammo for on your adventures, use it sparingly!
>each weapon is a direct upgrade from the last
>whole game NPCs just walk up to you and start talking, if they have a quest for you,y uo receive it automatically upon leaving the conversation
>Your rewards are auto-inject super stimpacks
>Every side quest is radiant
>All friendly NPCs are immortal
>Good Man the leader of the hero faction AKA The Brotherhood of Steel walks up to you at the end of the final quest, asks you if you're ready
>Yes appears on the screen
>cannot back out, only choice is to click Yes
>if you don't click Yes within a certain amount of time it does it for you
>You get Good Hero Happy ending 100% guaranteed because you can't do anything bad

I live in hawaii. It's boring and ghetto as fuck

[future elder scrolls game] with guns

Dang

>ghetto as fuck
Move out of Kalihi.

90%+ Metacritic rating
>Innovative, bold storytelling style that removed any interaction so the player can focus on character development.
>Genuine feeling of progression as you upgrade from Bullet Pistol to Bullet Rifle and the super powerful Energy Rifle!
>Three types of enemies (with random shades and appendages) to fight as you conquer the wastes. A satisfying wholly QTE combat system

youve posted so much in this thread we get it you dont like NV or Obsidian

Except maybe it wouldn't be in a post-apocalyptic nuclear wasteland with a retro-futuristic style that draws influence from a period in American history when Hawaii was a frequent subject of attention in popular culture?

You stupid fuck?

im not a pol faggot but f5 needs to be edgy af with racism and taboo shit.

in f2 kids could pickpocket you and you could murder them and chris (sic) would come after you, thats fucking edgy.

Where can I pre-order my GOTY directors cut HD edition?

No no, it's that cucks keep over-hyping NV and Obsidian. Yes NV was better than 3 but it's still paling compared to all 3 classics

Oh, and
>All humanoid enemies are white males

>Whats it gonna be like?
Less RPG, more FPS.
Less FPS, more RPG.

Even Bethesda made the best of the player controlling their gun with spread being affected by skill. Fallout 3 was a bad RPG, but they at least kept the mechanics that had the potential for making a good RPG in F3. Obsidian improved this by adding strength and skill requirements for weapons.

I never heard anyone pronounce House wrong.

>want's a game centered around a shitty island chain that would've obviously sunk under volcanic activity due to nuclear detonations causing the earths core to fuck around, all because he wants fotm enemies featured

fpbp

After Fallout 4 I've just given up on the hopr of an interesting Bethesda led Fallout game.

I'd rather they try Obsidian again, or one their own studios like Arkane.

>just because it's developed by Bethesda.
How about the completely different approaches to rpgs and mechanics?
But no, let me guess.
>le contrarian hivemind xD

so what do you suggest then faggot?

Get all the old cooks from Black Isle or something?

>successfully swinging a hammer requires you to have superhuman strength

Strength requirement was retarded for melee weapons.

I agree that Obsidian made a good blend with the FPS and RPG aspects, I feel that however in the gameplay terms there's so many ways to work AROUND skills without investing in them. I understand that's a player's personal choice, but you can have a Gun skill of 20, and take out a super mutant by crouching and shooting it's head enough.

>Fallout 5
not 5ALLOUT

I want no new fallout games until a different company holds the rights. Zenimax are as bad as Ubisoft and EA in terms of handling dev teams ad studios.

No, in fact it made more sense than anything else? Super Sledge being a fucking pile of steel is HEAVY and requires strength to use it effectively.

It never disallowed usage, it just impacted performance.

A real RPG. Meaning real character growth. And character parameters having real effects on interactions between characters and between characters and the world.

Either that. Or in the less fortunate scenario. Not an RPG at all. Scrap all RPG elements, and dive head first into making it nothing but a pure action game.

I really want Fallout to be good RPGs. But if they aren't capable of that, don't even try. Just make something that actually works.

Keep the crafting and base building, expand on settler control, make multiple factions all fighting for territory, make settlements add tactical or resources to your factions.

>Island chain formed primarily by volcanic activity.
>Getting destroyed by volcanic activity.
>In a fictional universe where they could easily write it as the island chains growing from the volcanos as an excuse to add new areas that don't exist in real life.
>Implying I'm even the first person and that I give a shit about whatever fotm enemies you're talking about.

It could easily make for an interesting setting.

It makes sense for heavier melee weapons in the game like the super sledge. Even if you don't meet the strength requirement, you can still use it, but you attack slower.

Here are the plot's final choices
>Save islands
>Help islands
>Prevent the destruction of islands
>HATE ISLANDS

Like New Vegas but in Texas. Houston maybe? Spacey themed with actual space bots and more info about the mysterious company that made the murder holograms.