The Us VS Them mentality

Why the fuck are people so loyal to a corporation that sees you not as a person but as a dollar sign? Why do people restrict themselves to one console and instead of using it to play games. Have it because of a loyalty or to be a "winner". Sony, Nintendo, Valve and the 5 Microsoft fanboys on all sides flinging shit with review scores and sales.

Everyone wants to belong somewhere. You for example want to belong to /s4s/, the I'm above it all group.

Idort has always been master class. Everything else is dumb and or bait.

Because typically one of the consoles has all of the games that interest that individual. That was how entire consoles were marketed along with their games.

Either to shitpost or justify their purchase.
Idort is of course the ideal setup though one I will never achieve because I have no interest in any bone exclusives.

no one here is loyal to any company. i'm an idort and i pretend to be a salty sonygger/nintendrone/pcuck all the time

it's called having fun

So, why is sony one yellow anyway?

I get that what I don't get is the shit flinging and the NEVER EVERS. This isn't even a internet thing I've had friendships broken because of the system I play on

because never ever. lurk more

>it's called having fun
If the shitty console war threads are fun to you then you're a sad individual. Those threads are by far the worst threads on Sup Forums now but they take up the majority of them.

Because it's also relative to their mindset. Why chad has an xbox, women have 3DSs and only wizards have $2000 PCs.

I dunno OP. I avoid console wars entirely.

It's probably made on purpose by the companies to have a bunch of free marketeers, and sometimes abused by individual companies to sell shit.

For example, just look at the "if you don't defend horizon, you're not a true sony fanboy" bullshit.

Why do people restrict themselves to one OS

>having fun
kill yourself

What's sad about riling up fanboys?

Encouraging the biggest cancer of Sup Forums

It's because people are used to the controller of a certain that plus a library of old games that might become backward compatable.

And I'm a valve Cuck because I know they have consistent game quality and story so I'll continue to purchase their games so they can keep making good games and when they Cuck up I'll stop but for now they have earnt my loyalty.

Stop being a Cuck buy good games and vote with your money

That's fine and dandy on a normal day but when certain big games or reports or consoles come out on a company the board is flooded with console war shit and all decent threads die after a few seconds sent to the bottom never given a chance

>posting an ms paint comic so you feel better about being poor

Then either leave the board for the day or find a nice thread to hunker down in.

/vr/ is good for those times

That's why you don't buy the shit games. Every console has at least one game worth playing. If you can afford it, there's no reason not to.

>paying 300 dollars to play 2 or 3 games

>"I only wanted 2 or 3 games on that console, that means NOBODY wanted anything more than 2 or 3 games"

t. user

That's not a lot to some people.

oh right, 2 or 3 exclusives and dozens of multiplats that are on PC

It goes into politics too. Shitty parenting and sheltering does that as well as confirmation bias.

Your own worst enemy is the smaller community of a circlejerk of opinions you have.

Really makes you think

Its the fault of the people who respond. If I bait someone and they act like an idiot, its their fault for being an idiot. They deserve it for being dumb. Am I a bad person for enjoying watching this board's quality drop?

I mean, probably.

But its the board's fault for being too stupid to ignore me.

buyers remorse

that's it. people will defend their purchases because it means defending their 'taste'

>I was only pretending to be retarded.

Then what about defense for games or systems that aren't even available for pre order?

>flinging shit with review scores and sales.
this part has never made sense to me at all
I'm a newfag, got here in 2012, was glad to see a place where games were (usually) critiqued on their merits instead of how much of a financial success they were. I mean fuck, GG happened here after years of being fed up with shitty reviewers.

Then somehow with the current console gen a bunch of literal fucking morons decided that wouldn't it be hilarious to act the complete opposite of how it always worked here; pretending review scores mattered, caring how much a game/console sold, defending game/console to death because they purchased it, pretending to be angry members of the opposing fanbase so as to discredit them, etc. etc.

Why the fuck do they do it? Is it really just ?

I'd say this place would be better if they implemented thread IDs like they do in Sup Forums and such
>inb4 hurr durr go back to r.eddit

Did superman end up impregnating those fake tits?

buyers remorse for console purchases and exclusives

Clark is a one woman man, and it sure as shit isn't her.

What a fag, Batman probably would fuck those tits and then fly in the middle of the night

>Why the fuck are people so loyal to a corporation that sees you not as a person but as a dollar sign?
I just do it for fun; I never take it very seriously.

>Why do people restrict themselves to one console
Too much money.

It's Europoors shit flinging.

>mfw i have a wiiu, a ps4, a xbone, a ps3, a vita, a 3ds, and a mediocre laptop
no plans on getting a switch tho

little kids can't afford to buy all of the toys, but feel compelled to want them all.

If you start console wars for fun, why do you play video games?

Don't try to reason with this creatures, OP. They're not capable of higher thought.