EDF

To save our mother Earth from any alien attack

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/x63Hc5Xnu0c?t=2539
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm cautiously optimistic about 5.

Bad:
>looks like more of the same, I know it's EDF
>The camera zooms in on your ass when you sprint as ranger, so you can't see anything

On the other hand, that new fencer design.

Are the previous games worth going back to play or are they the same shit? I've only ever touched 4.1

Every game is an upgrade, so not really.

I really really enjoyed 2017, but it is not as big as 2025 or 4.1

It just looks so low budget it's beautiful.

Early 360 and PS3 games are a thing beauty.

Is that an EDF5 screenshot?
I don't remember Hectors being that shiny, or the cannons looking like that.

Man are you behind

I should go back and play through the DLC but holy shit fuck green ants so much Jesus Christ.

Post your HOPES AND DREAMS for EDF 5?

A new class maybe?

I don't know what this series can do to innovate or change things up, it's pretty much the mac&cheese of video games.

>I'd say it's a frog.

Voice over Radio:
>This GIANT INSECT/RAVAGER we've given the codename: Zorkmid. Soldiers, repel the Zorkmid assault!

Hector is the best name for giant robots

MORE GIANT LASER CANNONS FOR AIR RAIDER

And maybe some ranger guns on air raider.

Remember the pride of the EDF.

Air raider>Ranger=Wing Dive>Fencer

From vicious giant insects who have once again come back

We'll unleash all our forces! We won't cut them any slack!

Went back to EDF 2 and it's the same game as 4.1, just with less content (classes, levels, weapons), somewhat different enemies and no npc backup

Pleasantly surprised honestly but I can't think of a reason to not just stick with 4.1

Can we please move past the crate level up system? The only thing I truly hate about 4.1

>Fencer is meant to be tanky but slow
>Has pretty much the same HP as a Wing Diver if you don't grind the fuck out of crates until max hp
nice meme, sandlot

>Can we please move past the crate level up system?

You're a fucking idiot.

Hopes:

Cockroach enemies
More structured weapon unlocking instead of random chance from pickups
New classes

>Fencer
>slow

Who needs hp when you can kite most enemies on a merry journey around the map and reflect whatever they throw at you back at them?
fuck drones though
and underground missions
and literally everything if you dare whip out the mortars

>More structured weapon unlocking instead of random chance from pickups
What's wrong with you?

I made the mistake of pre-ordering both EDF2 V2 and 4.1 for their same-day launch.
V2 was shit compared to 2017P, and 4.1 completely stomps over both, so I should have just stuck with 4.1

Shame the online is already pretty dead outside of prime-time rooms always wanting Inferno runs.

>and underground missions
Ok but especially fuck them if you're an Air Raider. What's with EDF and always wanting to fuck over the Air Raiders by letting you use just depth crawlers and motorcycles underground, or fucking nothing at all during certain missions because fuck you?

those robots look ridiculous. The CGI is awful and those guns would make it fall right the fuck over

How about

>just have access to the whole game from the beginning and not have to wait for shit to fucking unlock at all

Best mission to grind high leveled Air Raider weapons?

Is air raider confirmed for 5 yet?

I'd rather 5 just move to armor customization rather than having multiple independent characters to grind through the levels for 'completion' sake.

More alium variety
Customizable fencer/diver suits, weapons, or vehicles

Fuck spider webs and their retarded hit box. At least jumping spiders are cute.

Drones have NO redeeming qualities whatsoever though, fuck those stupid cunts.

Wait what?
I guess since I've only played Ranger is why this .webm surprises me.
How are you supposed to pick up crates i though?

Have to say my Air Raider friend does the underground ambush ones solo better than I can as a Fencer. Think he reliably used some turret and forcefield to get past them whereas I had to thin waves out with mortars then fuckoff to their spawn tunnel for a melee/reflect last stand and hope for the best

you just roll over them

>Helicopter not controlling like a flying bag of brigs

I call bullshit

Time to give this game another go as a air raider.

>tfw EDF is the closest we will ever get to a proper Starship Troopers video game

feels pretty good desu

Fucking Bazelart dude, the level 80 one is awesome and tears hectors to pieces. The handling is still way too sensitive though.

>kill bukkake spider
>its web still does damage

Worse
>get caught by the massive drag spiders
>get stuck on something you can't destroy along the way

I tried an air raider at start and summoned a motorcycle. The thing was LITERALLY impossible to control. It just fucking spun in circles. Am I missing something? Does it not work on keyboard+mouse?

Air Raider is easily the hardest class to play solo

Good luck user

I get hit through the ground ALL THE FUCKING TIME by both of them. It's infuriating.

They can at least make dupicates drop/loot to give extra damages to the original weapon or something

Not getting anything new 4 stages in a row is kinda annoying

Be easy on the acceleration and let the wheels get some traction before speeding up.

But even if you do that one bump against anything will send you spinning.

Bikes are a joke. They're terrible even at strapping all your c4 on and trying to drive into a nest.

>too much hp as fencer
>retarius webs me when I have a hammer

Yeah, underground missions are admittedly where some of AR's gear really gets to shine, but his entire 3rd slot is basically made useless at some points. If we could replace it with a non-vehicle weapon I wouldn't have an issue.

Higher level choppers control better but even then you still need to git gud. Awkward controls are the tradeoff of being mostly safe from ground enemies.

Also, bazelarts always handle better then nereids.

I've been playing EDF since 2017 came out and I still can't figure out how the fuck to fly a helicopter.

When i've done underground with fencer I wait at their spawn tunnel or at a thin one and sit with dual gattling. Works pretty well for me.

>my face the game feels entirely different depending with what voice acting you are playing
Playing with the jap dub feels like playing MLA (especially during underground missions)

Playing with the english dub the game feels like playing a campy 60's sci-fi movie about giant insects.

I love how hopeless the situation becomes as you advance in levels. Really gives you the feeling that everything you've done meant jack shit in the grand scheme.

>Playing as a fencer for the first time

Fencer is just too fucking slow to navigate tunnels with it takes forever to clear the charge missions and such.

Practice.

>get a melee weapon in one loadout and spam boost
>speedy speed boy

Are you not constantly dash cancelling?

the game in a a nutshell:

EDF! EDF!
AARRRH (*dies*)

Anyone know good loadouts for fencer? Right now I'm running vulcan hammer with the hamd cannon and dual ut gatling.

>Giant dinosaur mission in 2017
>An entire squadron of soldiers start chanting and running at the dinosaur
>It just breathes fire and kills them all

Just shield or spear cancel my man

>If we could replace it with a non-vehicle weapon I wouldn't have an issue
Would beat the depth crawler at least, that thing looks like its made of paper

That works well enough for the ones you go through like a normal level but there are a couple where you're essentially surrounded from the get-go, guns aren't as effective because you turn so slow that ants or spiders can shotgun your blindspot and there isn't enough room to dash properly

Bunch of slack jawed faggots in this thread.

>Lighting got a huge upgrade in 4.1
>The upgrade made it so it was impossible to see in underground missions
>As a side effect carrying a flamethrower is a valid strategy

Depth crawlers have passable weapons but die to a stiff breeze. They're really only good for setting support posts on as you back up the team, but unless you have a ranger willing to pilot the thing on the stretches of nothing, you're stuck between the choice of ditching the crawler or not reloading your posts.

Double Jackhammer

>walk in cave
>walk off cliff

>Equipping the ATATATATATA fist for the first time

If you're fencer you'll want a shield/javelin launcher (former lets you reflect projectiles, latter makes you GOFASTer) and melee weapon in one pair. See what you prefer but if you end up using the jackhammer, it has to be shield because the javelin launcher gives you an attack delay

>Playing through 2017 with a buddy
>He insists on carrying one of the Stingrays I think
>Something like 1-3 shots per load, does enough damage that it'll kill him if he gets caught in the blast
>Constantly gets caught in the blast
>Trying to convince him to switch to a more forgiving rocket launcher without being a dick
>"nah i like this one"

Base defense is something I've also wanted more of

youtu.be/x63Hc5Xnu0c?t=2539

Should mention you can go fast with a shield too, it's just the fastest shield has so little durability that you'll find yourself caught short if you don't often disengage and purge manually

if you mean the Reflector the Powered Reflector (Lvl. 68) helps to remedy this issue

>giant insects now physically show damage
>bullet inpacts look different at different angles of impact
>bug spit splatters on the ground
Bueno

The new ranger armor reminds me of RE2 Leon, plus i can see the new gore system being fun as fuck with queen ants and robots if they aren't being replaced by the giant frogs and ayy lmaos.

>Teammate swarmed with drones, panicking and calling for help
>Unzip tempest S1A.
>Point laser just beyond the poor ranger
>Shits himself when the red glow envelops the ground around him and the missile comes in from above.
>100m explosion wipes out 80% of the drones at once
>blast sends his ragdoll flying straight toward me
>pick him up, pop a life spout
>EDF EDF EDF

Fuck, when does it release? I need it.

>ragdoll early across the map and up a fucking mountain
>think you've been abandoned
>suddenly revived by a rangerbro who's been working his way towards you the entire time

> Playing any EDF
> Not taking the largest damage rocket launcher you can

Dude it's a game about getting the largest amount of collateral damage possible, the bugs are just a side thing.

a transforming hovermode mech suit for air raider

Nonsense, the EDF's sole purpose is to PROTECT the Earth and all of its citizens!

FIRE THEH REQUEEEEIM GUHN

Amount of times I've died after getting caught on the outskirts of destroyed buildings on that map

>female japanese cohosts

Not this shit again.

Personal experience, a dire situation where your health has officially hit double digits and you're reduced to dodge spamming...And then the helicopters above release Balam and you hit E the moment it touches the ground...

Should I just swallow my tism and go online for playing AR? I did the game through on normal ranger, had great fun, have played through about half the missions on hard as fencer, also great fun, WD is alright I guess, feels like I never have as much charge as I want, but AR man, I'm on the first mission where you have to destroy the transports, 14 or something I think, and I just can't get it without getting raped by ant-swarms. Should I go through a bunch of the missions on normal AR for some better gear or what? Mechs are good but too slow to turn to face swarming ants, 200pt whale strikes are admittedly fucking GOAT but the limpet guns, fuck me limpet guns are shit.

E!
D!
F!

Why does your character look like that?

Look like what?
The red coloring?

You can customize your soldiers a tiny bit in terms of colors.
I like the black/red combination. Mainly because I played too my Planetside 1 as TR.

Air Raider in single player is suffering.

In co-op with a solid team, Air Raider is a fucking blast to play as. Calling airstrikes, healing your teammates, getting sent flying because your vehicle got too close to a Deroy. Shit's great.

oh really? neat

Is that a new WD model I spy?

AR works just fine in single player if you know the levels and your gear well enough

there's pictures all over the website, user

>Friend dicking around with a trainer for 4.1
>Activates unlimited ammo and no reload
>Gets in a tank
>By simply holding down the fire button, it fires near infinite tank shells constantly
>The pushback is enough to send the tank flying
>It starts to bounce from one end of the area to the other spewing tank shells everywhere while my friend screams in terror

True EDF material.

>a tiny bit
you can actually press a key ("Y" by default) and get a proper colour chooser, lets you make some much more vibrant schemes.

Gonna have to reinstall 4.1 now, aren't I
god dammit Sup Forums