Why dont anyone make games in source engine anymore?

Why dont anyone make games in source engine anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/453170/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's a 13 year old engine.

Titan Fall 2 uses Source 2.

Is that supposed to prove me wrong?

Holy shit, he's right

Cause it sucks

It's Source 1, but heavily modified.

When will Source 3 released?

Holyfuck everything did indeed take forever to be done in Valve.

Because it's an awful engine.
Titanfall 1&2 gutted an older version of Source and put in all their own tech and code. You'd barely recognize it as being a Source engine game. Besides Titanfall, the only other game in the list of that is something of higher quality than Sourcemod level development is Vindictus.

It's pretty fucking sad that, releasing on the same day as Half Life 2, Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines was one thousand times better, even with all of the bugs that the broken ass Source engine had back then and VTMB wasn't lucky enough to receive those engine fixes.

So I just found out today that Titanfall 2 uses the Source engine, does that mean it has the same feel as Valve games like HL2, L4d & Portal or does it feel like its own entity? Honest answers please, don't try to sell me the game on what you think I'd want to hear.

You wouldn't recognize it's the source engine except for jumping movement.

I made this post without reading the thread and my question was answered before I even posted. I'm such an idiot.

It has a very good feel to its gameplay, but it's a huge pain to develop in. Trying to make even a simple mod is a lot more work than other engines.

Did they actually formally release Source 2 yet? I can't see where to download it.

Not really. They have a few things sort of running on it, but no Source 2 SDK.

VtmB wouldnt be the same without source. Also why does source have so much physics, while say, gamebryo doesnt?

they abandoned source 2 in favour of unity 5

fuck off that isn't true

If it is, where?

where what?
they're developing VR games on Unity 5
also they released Vulkan for Dota but immediately abandoned it. It runs worse than DX9 and has fuckloads of bugs.

So Source 2 will still be a thing yes?
They're just using Unity to develop their VR games (which honestly I can get behind) ?

>VtmB wouldnt be the same without source.
Yeah, it might actually fucking work.

And by "gamebryo" I assume you are talking about Bethesda's games. Both Bethesda and Source use Havok middleware for their physics.

Yes but considering Valve has abandoned everything that isn't VR or eSports, who cares about Source 2?
It's dead.

N-no...

I don't believe you.
+

I know user. It hurts.
But it's time to let go.

because source 1 is outdated, and source 2 isnt out yet

Best one up there is E.Y.E.

Valve is developing 3 VR single-player games (those are the fully-fledged single player games Gaben is talking about there). These games are being built on Unity 5 and Source 2.

Titanfall version is heavily modified, in 2 age shows, i hope Titanfall 3 LOL
will use other engine
The rest are standalone mods

I have a lot of nostalgia for source

Why? First Source 2 game came out in 2015, eleven year after the first Source game.

It's not ideal for development because levels need to be compiled before you can play in them, which I believe isn't the case for any of the other currently used ones.

That compiling takes a fuckwhile too, unless you turn off lighting completely, at which point you have a very poor view of what you've actually created

That aside I really gotta say hammer (source's level editor) is very comfortable to use, though.

how are your legs today, brother?

Because source engine is straight up garbage.

Titanfall 1-2 runs on it, looks like modern warfare 2 from 2008 and has the same system requirement as Battlefield 1, whats even more is that it runs at lower res than BF1 on consoles while also lookkbg like shit and doing less in tbe game overall when compared.

>Really want to work in source 2
>Don't like the physics of other engines
>Valve hasn't fucking touched it at all since GDC 2015
There is no other company I hate more than valve. Its bad enough they're greedy kikes but what makes them even worse is that they used to make good content and now they're sitting on the IPs doing nothing with them. I hope that fat fuck gabe chokes on his own dick.

Nah, they still use Source 2. Destinations is Source 2.

>Titanfall 1-2 runs on it, looks like modern warfare 2 from 2008 and has the same system requirement as Battlefield 1,

Titanfall:
>MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
>CPU: AMD Dual Core 2.8GHz or Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz
>RAM: 4GB
>VIDEO: AMD Radeon HD 4770 with 512MB RAM or better / Nvidia GeForce 8800GTwith 512MB RAM or better

BF1
>Processor (AMD): AMD FX-6350
>Processor (Intel): Core i5 6600K
>Memory: 8GB RAM
>Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeonā„¢ HD 7850 2GB
>Graphics card (NVIDIA): nVidia GeForceĀ® GTX 660 2GB

Huh, I guess on a Core 2 Duo you get twice the power out of your RAM.

>Valve hasn't fucking touched it at all since GDC 2015

store.steampowered.com/app/453170/

Post titanfall 2 system req you retard

And doesnt change the fact that i had to play the first one on low at 900p on a 560 and it looked like a ps1 game while i maxed out mw2 on GTS 250 and both games look exactly the same.
Shit mw2 probably looks even better

Titanfall 2 Minimum Requirements
>CPU: Intel Core i3-3600t or equivalent
>RAM: 8 GB
>Video: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 660 2GB, AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB

Titanfall 2 Recommended Requirements
>CPU: Intel Core i5-6600 or equivalent
>RAM: 16 GB
>Video: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 6GB, AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB

I think they use unity for vr because source 2 isn't finished yet