Have you ever gotten angry over a video game? How do you deal with your anger?

Have you ever gotten angry over a video game? How do you deal with your anger?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L0l8icuKthY
youtube.com/watch?v=xYB4v8uThXc
youtube.com/watch?v=_gxdivYpRrI
youtube.com/watch?v=SqtExnTZvBw
youtube.com/watch?v=d6NSTKmQBgY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

scream into my pillow and fall asleep

After the NXE update I hit my 360 with a mallet.

Must be a Hardcore char.

Sorry, have been... must have been a Hardcore char.

>glass desks

youtube.com/watch?v=L0l8icuKthY

obligatory

Turn the console/computer off or unplug it.

The angriest I ever was was probably playing a Call of Duty game. Go figure.

>>Pick up Call Of Duty: Ghosts because I thought I could have fun with an online fps for once
>>Log in to PSN and get started
>>Customisation is nice
>>Wow look at all the game modes
>>Pick Free for all deathmatch
>>Spawn in map
>>Instantly killed by sniper
>>"Must have been a fluke. That's OK"
>>Respawn and take 5 steps
>>Killed by sniper
>>Must be a sniper oriented map, I'll give it a try too
>>Respawn
>>Less than 10 seconds before I'm sniped again.

I lasted a few more minutes before ejecting the disk and snapping it in half in a fit of fucking hysterics

>F-zero GX
>Very hard story mode on the grand prix
>after about 2 hours of trying finally about to win
>on the final straight boosting like a mad man
>wavebird controller dies
>crash and blow up
>silently turn off the system
>lay down for about an hour

I wasn't even mad. I transcended mad into not even being mad. I was on a new plane of existence beyond human thinking.

youtube.com/watch?v=xYB4v8uThXc

>trying to platinum Arkham games, little after origins came out
>most of the combo challenges are easy but they start getting hard as fuck towards the end, have to fight 25 guys with weapons and armor, plus a couple bosses
>punch myself in the jaw every time I have to restart or lose combo
>nasty nosebleeds out of nowhere at random times of the day for a month

Also
>rent Harry Potter game as a kid
>"Press R3 to look at your map"
>r3 button wasn't working even tho it was fine the previous day, so I smashed my controller to bits and waited until my birthday to get a new one

i don't know how people CAN'T get pissed at cheap shit that you just can't seem to overcome

like people who camp in shit like cod. i know where they are, i know how to kill them, but they are just stop me every fucking time somehow. i blind them with flash nades, they shoot and kill me; i go in being safe, checking corners and shit, get shot from behind from another guy; i finally get to the room again, hes just gone and i somehow don't see him in the game again to get revenge.

I got genuinely upset at tf2 because the performance just kept getting shittier and shittier no matter what I did, and even when I got it to run at a stable 60fps it shat the bed the next day.
Got mad and then immediately got depressed because it was just a reminder of how everything in my life goes wrong.

When I was younger I broke the little stands on my keyboard from hitting it. Still worked but I hated having it flat.

Other than that, no. Nowadays if I get frustrated at a game I just intentionally die a lot (except for multiplayer, can never get mad at multiplayer). Makes me feel better, I guess.

All the time.
Mostly due to shit-controls because the industry goes console-first nowadays.
That, and shitty team mates in MP.
I yell and sometimes go out for a smoke. If drunk I am known to have smashed a keyboard and dented the cabinet to a desktop, though I try not to play competitively when drunk, now.

... dude. If someone had spoken to you during this cool-off time you might be in jail today. Shit.

This is why wireless peripherals are shit for gaming.

Yes, I run a lot of very nerve-wracking TT's in racing games like fzero, wipeout, ballisticng, and XGIII. ballisticng especially.
Knowing what to do is one thing, doing it 5 times in a row flawlessly is another, and sometimes if I'm having a bad day and not getting the times I'm wanting I get pissed off. The real only way to cope with it is just to not play, as the angrier you get the less focused you are, so you play way worse and just get angrier. Fucking up a final lap after getting the previous ones perfect is another big fuck-you.
I still do it for the adrenaline rush of completing them though. It makes it worth it.

Halo Reach solo legendary last level. Why did this shit last an 2 hours for me? Why was past me such a scrub lord?

If videogames is enough to throw you guys into autistic rages breaking shit, you all must be some real fucking wieners. I play fighting games, and the worst thing I've ever done was pop-off after winning a Street Fighter IV AE FT5 with a comeback during an event. Keeping a cool head is key no joke.

>Knowing what to do is one thing, doing it 5 times in a row flawlessly is another
completely different game here but exactly the same sentiment. I chucked a gamecube controller at the floor so hard it once while playing smash it hit the ceiling when it bounced (it was actually still fine afterwards though). i almost never get mad at video games but smash makes me fucking livid when i'm in the wrong mood because i've played and watched it enough to know exactly what i should be doing but the speed of my inputs isn't fast enough to keep up. the kicker is i know the only way it'll get that fast is by playing the game more, but playing the game just doesn't feel worth it when i get that angry.

I would get pissed playing Double Dash because I didn't know about rubberbanding

Toss the controller

>Got considerably asshurt playing smash 4 due to people flowcharting and using bullshit strategies instead of clever fakeouts and interesting matchups
>Deleted the game

Fuck, I'm glad I didn't pay for it.

I hear you, that shit was intense.
And as much shit as COD gets. 2 and W@W had some ridiculous rage inducing veteran difficulty. 4 had some parts, especially mile high club, but wasn't as bad.

This is a thread of faggots

Glad you've joined us.

Nade indicators for days.

>heart of the reich

yes, maybe yell out a bit in disbelief and then take a break.

on that vietnam level with the dug out banzai ambush pits, I got stuck running back and forth between two cover positions for nearly two minutes before it finally let up on the grenades so I could run forward to the next spot. really don't understand how someone could have played that during development and thought it was okay.

Do you eat the chair when you're angry?
What the fuck happened to your chair?

The worse part is when during practice I've done 4 good laps in a row before, so I know 5 is possible, but I can't get 5 because of nerves and stress. It's an absolutely terrible feeling, the ultimate kicker that makes running these TT's so hard, and over time it's made me realize how much of a skill patience, focus, and endurance really are.

obviously not OP, retard. that pic has been posted countless times.
>old chair that degrades and the cheap fake leather peels away
>glass tabletop breaks
>take pic

Keep trying until I win, no matter how fucking long it takes.

What pisses me off is registry in online games.

I have a love/hate relationship with cs 1.6 because of this.

one time, i got so mad at a game, i turned it off and did something else

I breezed through both?

are you bad at video games?

>something else
like destroy all your belongings in a fit a rage, something else?

No, that's my picture, dumbass

I have serious anger issues and video games just compounds the issue into a ball of white hot rage that I absolutely cannot contain. So far I have broken.
>2 ps2 controllers
>5 ps3 controllers
>12 ps4 controllers
>6 keyboards
>3 mice
>1 monitor
>a blue yeti mic
>slam dunked several drinking glasses into the sink
>My small and ring finger on my right hand
>Used to bite myself to the point of bleeding when I was a teen

And that's not including all the various trinkets that have been sent airborne against walls. The death toll will likely go up but I try to play less stressful games now.

Alt f4. Watch some show, read, exercise.

>Got mad playing long war 2
>"You fuckin piece of shit game fuckin shitty seeds fuckin bullshit"
>let it go

>got mad playing overwatch
>"what the fuck we have two fuckin dps and I have gold damage as d.va. stop fuckin getting hooked genji"
>type: hey genji your E can deflect hooks. use it, you'll die less.
>let it go

I cry myself to sleep afterwards.

>Have a glass desk
>Literally have that SAME exact speaker set

Should I be worried?

Jesus user

He was destroyed!

Do you pound your desk in fits of anger?

If not you don't have to worry. Unless you have something heavy on your wall above it and it falls.

Timestamp.

Why the fuck would you ever get a glass desk they're ugly af.

Overwatch has gotten me the maddest I've ever been at a video game.
The people who play it are the stupidest people I've seen in any video game ever, and I've been playing every garbage MMO since pre-Trammel UO.

These fuckers aren't even new-to-FPS stupid, they're just fucking morons.
The gooks are the worst, South Koreans are the single worst FPS players I have ever seen in my entire life including children.

The community managed to reach that zen of being smart enough to be stupider than someone who isn't smart enough to be that stupid, if that makes any sense.

Seek help

>That feel when trained for years playing LoL that I've become immune to raging in video games

Overwatch was a treat compared to League's community.

>>Used to bite myself to the point of bleeding when I was a teen
I still do this occasionally.

The last level of the HLD arena is pure hell. I nearly slammed my controller on my desk.

Lie down on my bed and try to nap.

>thinking of mobas as a game and using the term "playing" when referring to interacting with a moba

punch myself in the thigh until I bruise and wobble

Mass
Effect

Settle down boss.

I've been getting mad at videogames for years, got it from my dad who is just as bad with sports.

I once got so incredibly pissed at some PS2 game (I don't even remember what, it was a long time ago) that I basically smashed my controller into tiny pieces and systematically cut apart the cable for it. I've also broken a tablet I got for cheap by smacking it repeatedly onto my computer desk until the screen was totally fucked.

I've broken keyboards, computer desks, controllers, nearly broke a PS3 (only needed to have the cd drive fixed thankfully), cups, plates. All kinds of shit all because of my horrible temper.

Maybe you should settle down into a grave where you belong. Assfaggots is for faggots.

>Have you ever gotten angry over a video game?
When I was a kid, but I haven't gotten angry at a game in a long time. Last time was Mario Tennis for N64.

>How do you deal with your anger?
Breath easy and go do something else, return to it later.

only once in my life, playing tf2 and dying 4-5 times when I got the enemy to basically single digit amount of HP and they turn around and 1 shot me.

I punched my keyboard and one of the movement keys (I think D or S) broke, so I needed a new keyboard.

>tfw you recently got the same desk
How often should you clean them?

I slice my monitor in half with my katana

Good riddance, just play a proper fighting game.

>all these faggots claiming they have never got so angry at a video game they break something

Are they just insecure to admit it? "I'm so mature xD"

Swearing. I can get a pretty impressive blue streak going when the right game pisses me off in exactly the wrong way.

Nothing physical because I'm kind of a poorfag and can't really afford to replace my shit.

Not everyone is a destructive retard user.

Most of the time it just puts me in a bad mood. I'm not some little candy-ass child that requires everything to go my way all the time. I just accept it and move on, normally to a game I'm better at. Worst case I hop on a solo game and chill the fuck out.

The worst I have ever been is when my tribe on ARK was insided, and we lost thousands of hours of work and our alpha status on a day one official server. I would have beat the shit out of the two who did it for quite a while if I knew where they were, but only because it destroyed multiple friendships. I could care less about ARK shit. On a related note, fuck canadians.

Most recently I punched a hole in the wall but I fixed it up good as new with a drywall patch/spackle/paint

I get pretty pissed while driving too so it's not just video games...even punched my windshield enough to crack it once.

Started seeing a therapist for anger management, now things are looking up.

>not keeping your cool even when you're alone

Of course I get mad at video games.
Whether it's my own incompetence, other's incompetence, or just bad design.

I don't lash out at the game or anyone else, though. I sure as FUCK don't break my console or controllers out of rage.

I usually just quite out of rage or just stop playing for a moment.

Probably the worst game I've ever played community wise.

I can't put into words how fucking mad that game made me. The complete lack of logical thought by people who think they're the best was fucking astounding.

>South Koreans
>the worst

You've never played with the Chinese before, have you?

Sorry I know how to keep a calm demeanor, user.
I know it's hard to believe.

>Started seeing a therapist for anger management,

you're being conned

I just smash my closed fist at my (wooden) table.

The worst thing that happened is that i knocked over some shit that was over it (a cup and a plate)

Probably playing SFV, i took a lot of beatings on USFIV but most of the time they felt deserved, i just hate loosing in V because most of the time it feels like i was playing way better than my opponent.

>The community managed to reach that zen of being smart enough to be stupider than someone who isn't smart enough to be that stupid, if that makes any sense.

You mean they manage to be so retarded that someone who was genuinely smart couldn't come up with a way to imitate that stupidity?
God damn.

>muh halo on legendary
How does anyone claim this as difficult?

Got mad at a video game last evening.
>playing six siege, been saving points up for weeks
>just 400 points from 25k, enough to buy a dlc operator
>3-4 terrorist hunts on normal should do the trick
>5 fucking games in a row where everything fucks up and get lol no points
>unplayable match with 1000 ping, a kid who teamkills us all, a match which the host terminates halfway through, etc.
>get super butthurt at my time being wasted like this
At least got to carry a team as the last man standing in a bomb defusal, will reach the 25k today hopefully.

Yes I have and Chinese are better if only slightly. Unlike gooks they at least put some effort in to try and be good and don't swear at their team in rice-pecker gibberish when they finish with 0 eliminations and lose their potg to a support.

yes

youtube.com/watch?v=_gxdivYpRrI

>get rekt in competitive games
>take it on the chin and tell myself I need to get better

>actual bonafide luck based mechanics keep giving me the short straw
>get fucking pissed out of my mind

I get mad in 1v1 multiplayer. If im losing or its close, whoever my opponent is becomes my greatest enemy for however long the game lasts.

Hearthstone and Rocket League solo ranked get me triggered so easily.

When i try to deal with it, I tell myself im simply not good enough or that the losses should be taken as practice rounds till I win.

He must have some sort of mental disability, I'm sure.

Yeah, when I did the Nobunaga & Wife mission in NioH; resorted to sloth.

laugh. Getting angry at video games is something man children do

Solo standard is good for some laughs

>beat challenger elites consistently in first 9 out of 10 games to get rank
>lose the last one to some shooting star fags on lucky Octane faggery
>ranked at prospect elite, making it almost impossible to wade through the tide of shitters
>freestyle for fucking lols, having 12 year old popping OMG!s and raging when I won't give away my white zombas for a few crates
>can't carry a DC and a ragequitter
>still laugh my ass off because the ranking system is so fucking blatantly shitty
>switch to casual
>spawn in mid-game, ball flies over head into goal
>WHAT A SAVE! YOU ARE SHIT AS FUCK!
>check scoreboard
>dude raging is a rocketeer

Guess I need to make a new account before I get to that level

youtube.com/watch?v=SqtExnTZvBw

who do koreans and asians play such shitty games

Most I've broken was my phone because of xenoverse 2

I used to throw some autistic rage fits, in my worst I punched and broke laptop's display, and broke the mouse wheel by punching it in. My dualshock 3 also had a crack from when I used to kinda try to snap it in half with just my hands but not really.
Nowadays whenever I feel frustrated (and like 90% of the time it's due to fighting games) I just jump onto horizontal bar in my room and do pullups until I can't to went that adrenaline, then some push-ups if I still haven't calmed down. Breaking your own stuff sucks, especially when you're not a teen anymore and worked for all of that shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=d6NSTKmQBgY

should of got the 144hz

If it makes you feel any better, CoD spawning system has always been shit. You can die and respawn right into the crosshairs of another player. I've killed a guy just to have him respawn 4 ft away from me, just to kill him again.

I never get angry EXCEPT for racing games.
Especially remembering NFSU on the GC back then. Leading, suddenly a fucking prop car out of nowhere, lose the whole race.

Although, I just remembered, War Thunder is also extremely rage-inducing from time to time.

The only time I get remotely angry at video games is when I'm playing DayZ. It's like a cycle for me.

>get fully geared, every item I have is hard-won
>always careful around players, usually manage to sneak away from them
>get into a few shootouts and come out relatively unscathed, feel like a god of combat
>end up getting instakilled by some bullshit glitch or because a zombie smacks me in the face, or because a fresh spawn with a shotgun gets the drop on me

After that I have to stop playing for a few days. Then, I start right back up again and it always ends the same way. I never die in some cool shootout, I always end up getting absolutely rekt like a little bitch because my character either fell more than 2 feet or because I got rushed by a freshie with a fire axe while eating a can of food in the bushes.

Well, that's life for you. It is not glamorous or epic, you just get popped while pooping.