Do you think Metroid has a chance of getting a proper game on the Switch? It's been a while since Other M...

Do you think Metroid has a chance of getting a proper game on the Switch? It's been a while since Other M, and I think everyone is ready to move on from it with lessons learned.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_Super_Nintendo_Entertainment_System_video_games
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

After Fed Force i'd be suprised if they even bother

Reggie semi-confirmed it asked about it after the last Switch conference. He said to see where Metroid is this time next year.

Does anyone even care about that game?

...Did Nintendo even care about that game?

Oh hey, that's promising. Maybe we can see something at E3.

He even said he knows the fans want a "traditional" Metroid game. So I think Nintendo is really making something special. The Switch in general seems like a last ditch effort so I'm expecting a lot of good first party games on it.

I'm certainly curious about the new Mario. If Nintendo is serious about putting out good shit then that's good. I just kinda hope they don't have Retro on it. That's not a shot at them, but I feel like they've done what they should with both Metroid and DK.

Metroid should stay dead like f-zero. there's no way in hell nintendo can possibly make a good one these days

Nintendo has some good devs that could do it.

We'll never get a good Metroid game ever again

Yes, they just need to make Metroid a dating simulator where you go on dates with Samus and have a good time with her while you're on space adventures.

Nintendo should be taking notes. I am the next Miyamoto.

when nintendo makes the conscious decision to stop being profitable, sure

the last 3 metroid games flopped, and I've personally made browser games that got more plays than federation force lmao

"carnival games", a shovelware minigame shit that took a month or two to develop, sold more copies and made far more profit than metroid prime 3 did on the Wii

Wasn't Metroid Prime 3 still considered a success?

Other M was a shit show that completely flopped, but the idea was to try and get Japanese fans to care more about Metroid and it backfired while pissing off Western fans.

Federation Force was just an unsuccessful spin off that people vocally voiced their opinions on. Loudly enough that Reggie basically acknowledged the exasperated Metroid fans with 'we know'

Yes, I believe one will be announced at E3 this year.

That's the spirit

>Reggie basically acknowledged the exasperated Metroid fans with 'we know'
Reggie is a pretty smart guy, his division of Nintendo though is just a marketing joint and translation department. He's limited in what he can do for Nintendo as a whole and tries to interest Miyamoto, Kimishima, and the others to appeal to the western audience but Japanese pride is stronger than Reggie's convincing. So he not only has to deal with dickbag bosses but also fans who get mad at him for releasing games that he has no control over whatsoever because miyamoto, (and Iwata before his death), and Kimi thinks its a good idea to bring over amiibo festival and other shit games. Reggie understands the American audience well but can't convince any of japan to make a game for their audience which is 1000 times larger than the japanese casual. On top of all these he can't say or do anything to tarnish Nintendo of Japans reputation so he has to cover their ass even if it cost him his job. You can tell he hates his life every time a Fed Force or similar game gets the go ahead to release in America and he has to pretend to like the game so the nips won't send out their Yakuza battle drones to behead him. It's sad really.

The last proper Metroid from Nintendo came out in 2004, let that sink in.

>Wasn't Metroid Prime 3 still considered a success?
not a commercial hit. Both metroid prime 2 & 3 sold mediocre even if they were well reviewed. Hell, other M sold better didn't it? but that was the critical flop that turned people off future titles

Metroid isn't as popular as people think it is. Especially in Japan.

its extremely unpopular in japan and still very unpopular in the west
its basically one of the most niche franchises they could make and still get good reviews and not sell any copies

Prime 3 sold better according to VGchartz, but those numbers aren't the most reliable.

Metroid is really only liked a lot in the West. A large part of what Other M is was an attempt to appeal to the Japanese and it didn't really work.

>Metroid is really only liked a lot in the West.
Except it's not.

Then why do people put Super on a pedestal constantly? And I'm not just talking about on Sup Forums

Compared to the East? It absolutely is.

Anything compared to nothing is a lot.

Yes a game that sold under a million units on a console with an install base of 50 million is quite the popular game.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_Super_Nintendo_Entertainment_System_video_games