Announcing DLC and a season pass before the game is even out

>announcing DLC and a season pass before the game is even out

It's over, Nintendo is dead.

The best thing to come out of the announcement of DLC is the new image they have of Zelda with some nice tits.

Those are your hands you twit

*her hands

How? Her hands and Link completely covered her rack.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who saw cleavage in the thumbnail

Why does Zelda look so different in that pic than she does in game?

>Automatically thinks lewd at a thumbnail
Time for you to stop browsing Sup Forums user and play outside.

Art vs game graphic

But Link looks the same.

Lighting

it's pretty much finished at this point, keeping the game fresh seems like a good idea
that an people have been want nintendo to follow the other companies for a while now, but noticed those are substantial DLCs, they are putting some amount of work into it
the problem is that DLC has been abused by industry so much it's now a dirty word that brings negative connotations

we need to wait and see if it's worth it to dig the touches and pitchforks out of the closet

Yeah, they really went full retard. What the fuck were they thinking? It's clearly a bad attempt to capitalize on launch hype.

The piss-poor bonus basically confirms this, it's only remotely useful if get it at the start of the game. If they announced this a month after the game came out they would need a much better bonus than "some chests with useful stuff".

Whoever's brilliant idea this was should be flogged. All it does it make them look like they don't have any confidence that the hype will last. What does that say about the game?

torches i mean to say. not touches
BotW also needs more Agitha

Nintendo really should have waited at least 3 months after launch to announce this.

>New Original Story
>New Dungeon
>New Hard Mode

Worth $20 right there.

>Nintendo is dead
>Switches selling out all over the world

I love the fact that games like Witcher did the exact same and nobody complained.

At least they tell you beforehand what you can expect, unlike some season passes like Fallout 4 where people still happily bought it anyway.

>play outside
But I'm not buying a Switch.

Consumer: Man, Breath of the Wild looks really good! The only downside is I have to wait another 5 years for the next one!
Aonuma: Fret not mina san! in order to make wait ress dreary we gibe you more game!
Consumer: Fuck you

Have they even announced what these ammibo do yet?

What if they unlock those 3 chest from the first part of the DLC

This isn't a unique thing. I can't say it really bothers me.
>when nintendo does it its ok.
Not what I'm saying at all. Rather I'm saying nintendo doing it is no worse than anyone else doing it.

>Hard Mode
>Worth money
That should be free.
You're the reason the industry has gone to shit

Fanboys will eat it up regardless

>more content for a game you want
>WAHHHHHHHHHHHH THIS SUCKS DICKS
>it's free
>OH THANK YOU MASTER PLEASE SHIT IN MY DICK HOLE

it's either all okay, or none of it's okay.

the real issue is you don't want to pay for shit and you've fallen for the brainwashing of "DLC IS BAD BECAUSE OF THIS MSPAINT IMAGE".

>That should be free
Say's who? Why? Nintendo gets to decide that. Why are you entitled to a mode they're adding after the fact?

I just want to know what "additional map feature" means

Tingle stuff maybe? Maybe some Etrian Odyssey tier stuff where you have the option to draw the map yourself.

Announcing DLC before the game is released implies that this content was supposed to be in the base game, but was cut out to be sold later.

I hope you are not serious. You know that games have to be finished a few months before release, right? So around now is the time the developers start working on new patches, dlc or expansions.

>it's not ok when Nintendo does it

Breath of the Wild only went gold last week, you mong.

But all they do in the last weeks is fixing bugs and polishing things here and there. The main content and assets are all finished long before so that gametester can do their job.

Nothing implies that anything has been cut so it can be sold as dlc.

That's not always the case and considering this game has been in development hell for a while now, it being polished at the right time is just as likely as it being rushed out the door. We don't know for a fact that they DIDN'T cut content to be sold later in the end either. Both you and the other user are just making assumptions. Just wait until the final product is finally out.

It's not dead because idiots will buy it but I do wish Nintendo would die after becoming a company with such shitty practice.

>We don't know for a fact that they DIDN'T cut content to be sold later in the end either.

Why are so many people on Sup Forums so conspiratorial? Like, what fueled this line of thinking?

>announcing DLC and a season pass before the game is even out
Like fucking always? This has been the industry standard for half a decade. Why are you still shocked about this?

>other companies do it

Industry standard bro, Sonys saving gaming#4thegamers

>nintendo, after years of refusing to do it, caves and decides to do a season pass and dlc

FUCKING NINTNEDO REEEEEE ITS OK WHEN NINTENDO DOES IT REEEEE

>WHEN IS NINTENDO GONNA PULL THEIR HEADS OUT OF THEIR ASSES AND CATCH UP TO THEIR COMPETITION ALREADY

obvious shill is obvious

fuck off

I'm not making any assumptions. I'm merely stating that there is NOTHING that would lead us to the face that content is being cut.

Like you said it could be, but the post I replied to said announcing the dlc before the release implies that something was cut. But it doesn't imply that at all, he just assumes it.

persecution complex

>zelda
>new original story

>Selling a difficulty mode

Eveything other than New story and New dungeon is cut content

>new hard mode

Hope it's more like a challenge mode, like no weapons other then the master sword or something like that, and not a actual hard mode.

Other then that, it manly looks like what dark souls did, and no one complained about those DLCs

>Inb4 people talk about the clothing and treasure chest for day one

who cares? It's probably clothing from different games anyway

And that is why? Even things like difficulty modes take time and resources and could be an afterthought. Sometimes I wonder if people even know what "cut content" means.

there's 2 zeldas. one from 100 years ago and her granddaughter.

Cynicism is what makes the Mongolian tapestry forum go round, user.

>Need to the pay an extra $20 for the game to actually be fun since the base game will probably because super easy for 5 year olds
DLC difficulty setting is one of the stupidest things I have ever seen. If it wasn't for HR:MD, I would have said it is the stupidest thing.

This isn't extra shit on top of the game. This is the entire base game losing a level of fun.

That granddaughter better be Link's granddaughter.

Do the 3D Zeldas even ever have higher difficulty modes? It's quite literally extra content

(Only played OoT and MM, do correct me if I'm wrong)

Hero mode is in TP HD, WW HD, and SS.

Great new meme, sir!

>New hard mode
>NEW
what is master quest faggot

Ocarina of Time and one or two others had Master Quest in their rereleases, which was hard mode

>nintencucks scrambling to defend dlc now

Yet 3 years ago you toddler faggots wohld constantly gloat about how "NINTENDO ARE LE GOOD GUYS WHO WILL NEVER DO DLC OR MAKE MOBILE GAMES"

You faggots deserve every last single turd that Nintendo smears in your faces. Watching this garbage dumpster of a company steadily sell out their morals like a cheap Thai whore to stave off their inevitable death has been beautiful. Can't wait for the flood of tears when they announce they're going 3rd party.

Before DLC:
>they only delayed this game so it could move Switch consoles, it's been finished for at least a year

After DLC:
>wtf the game isn't finished, why is Nintendo cutting content and reselling it to us

I don't get it. I understand shitposting about everything is this board's culture, but at least be consistent with the shitposting.

pretty retarded move desu they really could have just announced this summer or some shit

having said that the winter pack sounds worth the 20 bucks so im not going to talk shit

nintendo is retarded but man do i have a soft spot for their games

I'm not going to defend it but I'm also not going to whine about what has essentially become an industry standard now. Was just a matter of time.

Not like they haven't done this before with Hyrule Warriors, and Mario Kart 8.

Zelda looks like she came from that incase midget webcomic.

These two theories aren't incompatible.

They purposely delayed a finished game so it could be released on Switch, and then they gimped it so they could release some of the already-finished content as DLC for an extra charge.

do you think it's intentional? i fullviewed the image despite already having seen the vid because i thought she suddenly had big bobbies.

they should've made it the youtube thumbnail, comments woulda been funny

post it

MQ changes the dungeons. I'm guessing hard mode in BOTW will just make enemies sponges and gimp Link's health.

Same reason why SS's Zelda didn't have the big ugly nose in the artwork versus the game model.

nigga just go jack off to alfie yourself

>no proof of this claim

If the content was already finished, there would be no point in waiting until Summer for the first wave's release. They could instead focus dev time on a third pack to the DLC if this claim were actually true.

B-b-but Nintendo doesn't compete with Sony or Microsoft

Well, it's as simple as the game went gold and they were without a formal project (as in, a new game) to work on for the time so they worked on DLC. That's half the reason day 1 DLC exists and thanks to the ability to patch games, it's possible. It means the company doesn't sit their twiddling their thumbs and wasting money to hold employees while they have nothing to do.

The problem, however, is the actual content being offered here. A fucking difficulty mode and a challenge tower? That shit is NOT worth my money and should have been in the game already or been a free day 1 patch. Day 1 DLC isn't always and excuse to cut content and charge people for it but it's lazy shit like this that really gives something that should be good in theory a bad name.

>The problem, however, is the actual content being offered here.
I really don't understand why they even announced it now for that reason. I could see it being a hyped announcement if they showed it after release and were able to actually show information on the new mode + new dungeon, instead of just leaving us to speculate over how shitty it is

>They purposely delayed a finished game so it could be released on Switch, and then they gimped it so they could release some of the already-finished content as DLC for an extra charge.
[Citation needed]
Also, if that were the case, why would they wait until Summer and the Holidays to release the already-finished content? Idiot

>DLC Pack 1
>Hard Mode
>paying for hard mode
>

>it's not cut content, it's additional
Only valid square

Game being cut for DLC can be questioned, but it's never good to announce DLC for a game that has yet to be released.

As for delayed to be on the Switch, that was obvious given that it was delayed four times. I saw that coming back when they delayed in 2015

No it isn't

Release your game finished and poliahed to the best of your ability or don't release it at all. Don't waste time pissassing around on your old game when you could be putting those ideas to use for the next one.

Yeah, if it was true.

>Nintendo is dead
Nope, Nips overall gaming is dead.

>Dark souls does it
>Sup Forums doesn't care
>Bloodborn does it
>Sup Forums doesn't care
>Nioh does it
>people eat the shit up
>Zelda does
>WHAT THE FUCK NINTENDO!!!!!????

>hard mode is now DLC
why

>another episode of "Sup Forums is one person"

it really feels that way sometimes, everyone just parroting memes at each other like 'another episode' or green texting

>DLC Pack 2 Holiday 2017
Just enough time for the emulator to get the game up and running well.

>Vinny trying so hard to defend this on his last stream
Fuck Nintendrones

who's vinny?

another episode of
>have you not seen all the fucking threads?

It's valid, but never true.

Half the time they're partway through development when they talk about the DLC and say "well we're not gonna start it until we've finished the game" as if that excuses it.

One thing I will say for Nintendo is at least they finished the game before announcing DLC, but it doesn't make the whole thing (especially with the hard mode and not being able to buy the packs separately) very shady.

>DLC for any game is announced
>Sup Forums doesn't care
In bizarro Sup Forums? Probably.

>Sup Forums doesn't care
Sup Forums literally cares about every little thing that ever happens far more than anyone should.