Fact: ghosts give the best quests

Fact: ghosts give the best quests.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddead.wikia.com/wiki/Strange_Man
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

satan isn't a ghost

Better character incoming

This guy had the freakiest outcomes if you broke the intended reactions.

Satan can't wear a hat because of his horns, ya dingus.

Just who was he, Sup Forums?

I think he was God. Or maybe an angel speaking on His behalf.

What happens? I only did the good choices

Trying to shoot him will get some really weird insights on your character.

and if you do manage to kill him, his loot says a lot about his.

Yeah i thought he was god too, but theres some weird pointers that really shift the fact that he might be satan.

man i dont even know anymore.

The mentioning of a son really convinced me he was God. Satan doesn't seem likely imo.

>Ghost
>Not a divine figure

Yeah i guess he's more of a divine figure.

A friggin creepy one at that.

Wait what? What it says?

> and if you do manage to kill him, his loot says a lot about his.
> if you do manage to kill him

What fucking dark sorcery are you channeling user

That's God user, not Satan.

You're all mongoloids.

He was Death.

I dont really remember where i got it from, but there was an article that listed out all of his possible interactions. IIRC shooting him would sometimes cause the stranger to remark about your past or how he's always been a bad person at heart.

Taken from TVTropes btw;
When John tries to shoot the Stranger from the "I Know You" questline, he's not even fazed. When John tries to do so in gameplay, the Stranger takes 4+ shots just to fall to the ground, even if Johnn aims at the head/chest...he's clearly not human.

This. The place where he said 'this is a fine spot' was where John, Abigail, and Uncle would be buried

also IIRC again, according to the article, his loot containts 6/66 bullets in total with his cattleman revolver.

He was supposed to be Death.

I don't recall Death having a son.

Will he see John again (for the first time) in RDR 2?

>the Stranger takes 4+ shots just to fall to the ground, even if Johnn aims at the head/chest...he's clearly not human.

John can take like 10+ shots and survive. he must not be human either.

But he's the player character. The stranger is supposed to be a standard NPC.

Now, I'm not saying he's not death,
But one of his interactions went something like this;

John: “Damn you!”
Stranger: “Yes, many have...”

So it's pretty reasonable for people to think he's god too.
imo they did a good job trying to pit thoughts into this character.

>do the mission for him in Mexico
>he ends up getting chased off by coyotes as they try to take him down

Pretty funny tho

They wrote it well and vague enough so that the God/Death/Satan theory could go any way and still seem to make sense, which is nice.

Pretty much every serious moment in the game can get ruined by a bunch of coyotes/wolves/bears coming in and attacking.

>There is a picture of the Strange Man hanging in John and Abigail's bedroom at Beecher's Hope, directly over Jack's bed and above the piano in the living room. Another picture of him can be found in the Blackwater safe house just above the saloon.
reddead.wikia.com/wiki/Strange_Man

Spooky

They need to bring the stranger back in RDR2.
Just saying.

>John: “Damn you!”
>Stranger: “Yes, many have...”
>So it's pretty reasonable for people to think he's god too.
Do you not know what "God damn" means?

They need to cancel RDR2.

Just sayin'.

His VA retired

No, don't over-do him and ruin him. Let him last as a great memory.

They're sure to add in a bunch of crazy shenanigans in the next game. If GTAV is any indication, RDR2 is gonna be choc-full of stranger missions.

Maybe a mini cameo?
I just wanna get freaked out by this guy again.

It's a Kojima ruse

They'll fucking absolutely have him in RDR2.

You know how I know? R* is a bunch of meme-loving cucks nowadays and they'll fuck over everything anyone loved about the franchise to make a quick buck. And you bet your sweet fucking ass that RDR2:O is going to be a complete fuckfest. Hopefully they'll stick to free DLC but I'm not holding my breath.

You don't think many people have cursed God?

YEAH?

I didn't know people regularly damn God.

He's just a younger Dutch you plebs

People curse God on the daily so it makes sense.

I thought Benzies was the guy behind GTA:O being such a money grab and they fired him?

Saying 'God-damnit', as many, many people is literally damning God.

Remember: Thou shalt not use his name in vain.

>I don't understand the term 'God damn you'.

That's not what that phrase means you dumb son of a bitch

I do it all the fucking time when something minor inconveniences me.

Probably going to hell

Enlighten us then, Pastor.

No, he was against it, which is why they put him on Sabbatical.

Benz didn't into the business side, he a Programmer from day1 and ran the technical side after GTA3 (he programmed GTA1 and 2 entirely, did shitloads of 3 but took a supervisory role since it was all getting too much for a single coder)

see

Huh. Well shit, then I'm sorry he's gone. Doing all the programming for 1 and 2 is damn impressive.

He was Death

That's wrong. How dense are you? You're asking god to damn something when you say god dammit.

"God damn" means to ask God to damn people to hell for you, you morons.

Don't tell me you actually thought it meant to "damn God" and you were using it incorrectly all this time.

But isn't the twist always "that person you talked to was actually a ghost?"

Not them but people still damn God all the time when they're pissed or grieving like when a family member dies they blame God for it and lash out. The stranger's reply still makes sense.

[Spoiler]Was this thread made by a ghost?[/Spoiler]

People have gotten angry at God for thousands of years over the most petty things so it's not unlikely. Modern day fedora neckbeards are a prime example if they fit the stereotype.

The phrase itself is meant to wish God to damn a person, not damn God.

Probably, but that doesn't excuse a retard that thinks "God damn" means "damn God"

God can't damn himself to hell, so everyone using "God damn" like that is a fucking retard.

Maybe[spooky noises intensify

"God-damnit" is not damning God, it's short for "God damn IT".

"Thou shalt not use his name in vain." is not about damning God, it means you cannot invoke God except in utter reverence. Calling upon God to damn someone who has wronged you is both trivial, an insult to God, and in violation to the rules that he and he alone passes judgements like that. God does not live to serve you, you live to serve God.

Why can't he? If he is omnipotent he could do anything.