Can we have a chill XIV thread? What do you want to see for crafting and gathering in 4.0?

Can we have a chill XIV thread? What do you want to see for crafting and gathering in 4.0?

Other urls found in this thread:

ffxivfanfestivalfrankfurt.cleeng.com/final-fantasy-xiv-fan-festival-2017-in-frankfurt/E226575867_GB
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>What do you want to see for crafting and gathering in 4.0?

remove timed nodes

I wanna see ur dick

Only 28 hours to go baby. You can stay up that long, right user

10 HIDDEN UNSPOILED MATS
10 ALC CATALYSTS
15 MONSTER DROPS
20 CLUSTERS

just to make a level 62 sword that you can get from the nearby vendor

this and remove specializations
and scrips
and recipe books

1-49 crafting/gathering best crafting/gathering

Why is Austin Powers used in these FFXIV threads?

Cause it's very shilladelic baby, yeah

because he's the lead producer of ffxiv

he kinda looks like Yoshi-P, the games director.

I just preordered this game, did I like it?

oh fuck

28 hours to go to what ?

im really exited to se the new paladin artifact gear and relic, they are always top notch

Yeah now come back and smoke this bowl with me!

are you faggots ready for tank famurai?

Reduce the amount of materials needed for all basic HW leveling recipes (5 ore for a nugget, what the fuck) and either remove the timed node materials from them or make all the timed nodes mats into regular nodes. Then don't do any of that shit again in Stormblood. No more unspoiled node mats for basic leveling recipes.

Also make half-hour unspoiled nodes last longer. Two minutes is barely even enough time to get there in some cases.

Fix the scrip system. Triple the scrip payouts. Instead of turning in the same items over and over, each time you turn an item in it replaces it with a different requested item. Each time you hand in, the next requested item gets more difficult/numerous. Blue scrip difficulty resets daily, Red scrip difficulty resets weekly, but there's no hard caps.

Delete the collectibles system, it's shit. Just go back to NQ turn-ins with a bonus for delivering in HQ.

My mistake, it's two days. 52 hours.

I really thought it was Friday goddamn.

not til fan fest if that's what you think
ffxivfanfestivalfrankfurt.cleeng.com/final-fantasy-xiv-fan-festival-2017-in-frankfurt/E226575867_GB

HEALER

WHATS THIS THING THATS HAPPENING ON FRIDAY user

Remove lockouts and other stupid bullshit.

Gathering and crafting is what I did in 2.X when I got tired of the lockouts there. What the fuck am I supposed to do when I'm done raiding now?

Fanfest

>Delete the collectibles system, it's shit.
I disagree, it was fantastic for leveling. You could basically get all the NQ mats and be in NQ gear and with enough CP you would still get it at least to the first collectible par very easily. Leveling crafting in HW outside of the sheer number of mats was quite a breeze.

Similarly in gathering exp gains from collectibles was huge, I would never wanna go to rotation same 4 fucking leves for hours on end

Group content. Like a 'Dungeon' that needs teamwork to complete, like having to make Cannons and shit for NPCs to defend an area with. Gatherers would pull materials out of nodes and get it to the crafters, who then make shit with it.

It would probably be ruined by idiots, queue times, or both though.

I don't mind turn-ins for exp, what I don't like is the actual process of getting high collectibility because
A - it bloats the fuck out of gatherer abilities most of which you never use anyway
B - blows all your GP instantly so 90% of your time is just spent waiting for GP to regen or for more nodes to pop
It's essentially just a more annoying version of the NQ/HQ system. For crafting it's okay I guess since it's just one button, but for gathering it sucks.

yeah, it's a shame about the rest of the job

come on man dont start with that shit

I dunno about crafting and gathering but I think it's about time we got a /smoke emote and a pipe ala Lord of the Rings

Also, more treasure chests outside of questing, I wanna have more reasons to explore the overworld.
Oh and the ability to place campfires+buffs like WoW, that was one of my favorite things, while we are at it, add an animation for bringing up the big map. I think these things would be pretty cool.

I'd like an animation for talking first, besides the character just wagging their jaw. NPCs get that shit but us only in cutscenes.

PLD a shit but at least it ain't MNK

which server has a decent raiding community?

time I spent on Sarg was pretty solid thanks to 7th heaven, 10/10 raiding FC, not sure how they're holding up nowadays though

All thanks to cross server party finder. But average PUG group is still horrible.

Bought Heavensward collector edition because I was hard into the game and bought into the meme that it would seriously expand and improve the game.

They won't fool me this time.

Collectibles are shit at 51 for gathering. I grinned from 1 to 50 in the last couple weeks and this shit has completely killed my motivation for gathering

Because you have to actually be geared up for it. It's like the game expects you to have the very best gear on for every level.

Am I doing this right?

>tfw melding Det to all of my tank gear because it's cheaper and I'm a turbo jew despite having nine digits of gil

should do piety for more Darkside

Is his nickname really Yoshi P because of Yoshi Powers?

Surely not, right guys?

Who was wrong here?

is this....NA....community...woah..

jesus christ
that's some grade A autism

More that Lamia+Ultros are the shit-tier servers of Primal.

What do you do with 3 melee in A10S?

I just recently befriended a mentor who wouldn't stop bugging me to do all his "suggestions" on how I should progress as a player since he has nothing else to do

I mean I know exactly what to do on my own and its great and all that he helps me run stuff but all this assistance feels a bit too much and its weirding me out on how it feels like I'm the only reason this guy logs on in this game. Since his friends list is full he added me into a linkshell to know whenever I go online so he can message me immediately and that we can talk while on duty. If I don't respond to him he'll send me a tell afterwards to get my attention too.

I'm used to going solo all the time so I guess this is just overwhelming me but
How do I say no to someone this clingy without coming off rude?
I guess I'm too autistic to handle people after all

Except Ultros no where to be seen in that image :thinking, Fun fact, every decent p layer I've met in PF has been from Ultros. Really moves my tentacles.

Have the OT stack on MT for stack spread mechanic, 1 melee on each flank + ass.

Move out of Balmung

stack tanks for spread charge and annoy the healers a bit
put the worst one on bitch duty for preys

alternately:
yell at the one with the weakest will until he swaps to range or quits

>How do I say no to someone this clingy without coming off rude?
tell him you're too tired to deal with people and you want to be alone

if he persists, cut him off

>put the worst one on bitch duty for preys
During first add phase, just have the healers hit sprint and trade them to the tanks. Puddles placed on sides of arena, all melee safe being dead center of the lane DPSing.

During sawblades, trade it to OT.

t. Hyperion

Leave the linkshell saying you need room for another linkshell and can't afford to get rid of a different one.
Problem will start to resolve itself.

>get the urge to resub
>watch my roommate in the new 24 man raid
>two catgirls RPing saying nyaa~ :3 and shit
>wiping on every boss at least once
>people still doing 3 digit dps, healers doing 0
>lose the urge to resub
That was a close one

I just got top DPS in there on the first boss while main tanking it.

I don't fucking get how people can't hit their buttons.

i really hope proto ultima is pretty fucking hard
considering it drops accesories too

Moved to Excal after Midas killed my static in 3.2.
Then proceeded to beat A8S two weeks later with the group I've now had since

People need a wake up call on non savage/ex primal content before SB. SE is too easy on players.

>"WHY A PLD"
>Coil in the background
I thought Paladins were good for ARR content.

>his friends list is full
sounds like you arent the only one

>Only a few days off before we find out if queue times are going to be fucked in the ass, or the entire end-game tanking meta game
I hope for SAM dps and rando from out of nowhere 3rd job geomancer tankfuck off I know they only said 2 jobs, but SB only having 2 jobs added fucks up everything regardless of what roles they are/spoiler]

/spoiler]

Jesus fucking Christ

>Stay up.
Europe is turning out to be the toughest fanfest to keep up with thanks to my night job. I'll have to turn my day back to normal just this weekend.

That's Azys Lla

nice chichu

Naoki Yoshida - Producer.

Oh then the Lamia guy is in the wrong there. He's coming off as an elitest asshole trying to make himself feel better.

Try telling him to stop doing that and if he doesn't, just report him until he stops or he's banned.

>Naoki Yoshida runs XIV
>Akihiko Yoshida was concept designer for XIV
>Yoshida Matsui runs XI

What is the subscription service for FFXIV? Is it a GW buy once and play or a WoW month-by-month?

Month by month, but you get less content than WoW because SE doesn't like funding its own MMOs.

The fact that people STILL don't fucking understand how Dun Scaith works is something that continues to befuddle me.

I know the majority of this playerbase is retarded, but between this and Zurvan, players have been exceptionally retarded this patch.

Wipe this meme from the face of eorzea.

That sucks.

Is the new update any good?

3.X has been the same as 2.X but with less content
It's ok, it's pretty bad but there aren't really good MMOs to pick and choose from now

considering fantaing into a lizard just to make something like this

try suicide instead

It's always going to be like that. To keep people subscribed they have to let even the worst of shitters though at least the story content.

I would play this game all the damn time if it didn't have a sub fee. Staggering that people defend it when we get patches like any of the 3.x series where you can do all the new content in a day.

Just go the GW model and make people buy the expansions, then push harder for cosmetic shit in the shops, lord knows they make money of fantasia fags who give a shit about their waifus.
case and point

If it didn't have a sub fee it wouldn't even get patches at all.

Jesus Christ.

Even by rock-bottom lizardfucker standards that is hideous.

You mean if it didn't have a sub fee FFXV would've been delayed another year

>Bunny Ears + Allagan Healing Robe both in an ugly pink
>That lizard
Shame too because those gear icons look like they would make up a nice set.

>but you get less content than WoW
FFXIV gets more that one patch a year.

With lizards you either get some down-syndrome nightmare or the exact same combo of pale skin+the not-retarded face and hime cut

I just made it to heavensward content. How long will it take for me to get to 60?

I know you're biased to the MMO you play but that just isn't true.
Legion is shit too but it has far more content than Heavensward has and Heavensward is pretty much done, Legion has at least Tomb of Sargeras on the way.

Dont forget the brown lizard.
Im guilty

take it slow
what level ?

>but you get less content than WoW

Factually untrue, Blizzdrone.

>Legion
>Content
IT WOULD BE A SHAME IF YOU STOPPED RUNNING MYTHIC MAW OF SOULS

>bunny ears
no those are the cait sith ears

The problem with the latter is that the player still has down syndrome.

well, no need to point out constants

True.

>Join a farm party
>Disbands after 2 very fast kills
????

>but it has far more content than Heavensward
Leveling quests refurbished as dailies is not content.
And the lore in Legion is even worse that what they did to GW2, the priest campaign was the worst shit I have ever seen on a RPG.