Replay DaS3 since I haven't played it since mid last year and the final dlc is coming out

>replay DaS3 since I haven't played it since mid last year and the final dlc is coming out
>get to Untended Graves which I had completely forgotten about
holy shit what the fuck was this place anyway. Out of all the weird unanswered shit in the Souls games this is what still gets me.

(((((((((((convoluted)))))))))))

remider gundyr is the easiest boss in the game

I hear its supposed to be a time locked zone from when Gundyr tried to fuel the flame but came too late.

Will this game run well on my shitty pc, those requirements look daunting.

Abandoned old workshop rehash

it's convenient reuse of assets with an added """lore mystery""" so you can watch YouTube lore videos and circlejerk over it

it's pretty shittily optimized but you can probably run low fine as long as your computer isn't a decade old

Its a laptop ;v
Geforce 765m nvidia card

I hate that you're probably right. Way I see it it's just a what if world that they threw in there, even thought the handmaid and Ludleth make it sound like it was a failed firelink shrine.

you're boned

It is. The handmaiden there mentions that the bell never rang, thus the lords of cinder were never awoken, and thus no one kindled the fire allowing the age of dark to happen.

"This ring was entrusted to a certain Fire Keeper, but in the end she never met her champion, and the ensuing tragic farce became a favorite tale of the masses."

"Once, a champion came late to the festivities, and was greeted by a shrine without fire, and a bell that would not toll. "

"This sword is only bequeathed to chosen ash, as judged by the Iudex, who awaits the arrival of ash as a scabbard."

Untended graves are literally a glimpse into the dark lord ending.
Gundyr is basically a bitter undead who woke up realized shit was too fucked and ended up going hollow. He became fully corrupted by the abyss when some asshole (you) took his soul. God knows how the coiled sword wound up in him though, the shrine maiden probably had something to do with it though.

Most details imply that dark firelink is in the past
>uncorrupted Gundyr
>shrine maiden has new dialogue if you talk to her in dark firelink BEFORE the regular one
but some stuff implies it's in the future
>all your allies' shit is around, even the ones you haven't brought back to firelink (Orbeck's scrolls, Cornyx's dead birds)
>Yoel's ashes will be there if you beat Abysswatchers before getting 5 dark sigils.

And of course the implications of the fact that it's physically connected to the rest of the world. Is all of the world in the past, and normal firelink is in the future? It's a real mess to think about.

>going hollow
He doesn't take extra damage from the Hollowslayer greatsword, though. In fact the only boss that takes Hollow damage are the Deacons of the Deep.

Whats even interesting is that if you die in the untended graves, your bloodstain can also be found at normal Firelink on the same spot.

why exactly is the firekeeper eyes located where irina is in the hub? literally nothing hints at her being the firekeeper who knew too much

Makes sense, but why does Ludleth say that he knew the firekeeper there? Was he originally from a world where the age of dark couldn't be prevented so he just jumped to this world?
Also I wonder if there's a lore reason that the whole dark firelink shrine is crawling with black knights.

Probably the previous firekeeper. It wouldnt have been Irina since she moves on to the bottom of the bell tower.

Themes/parallels?
Irina was supposed to be a firekeeper, but got so freaked by "the nibbling darkness" (i.e. humanity) that she quit. It could be that the firekeeper with the eyes was in a similar state.
He might not be specifically talking about that firekeeper, since she could have found the eyes from another firekeepr. Plus dark firelink has Ludleth's chair with his name and everything, so he'd already burnt himself by that point. Ludleth could be talking about the original Firekeeper who had the eyes first and were passed down through whatever poor fools found them.

Ludleth did mention that he fought a Souleater according to the skull ring. Probably that thing fucked shit up that resulted in the age of the dark.

>world is nothing but gray trees, gray sand, gray water, and gray skies
>first flame comes along
>suddenly the world is full of warmth, color, and life
>if it ever goes out the world goes completely dark and dead instead of just returning to gray
This is what never made sense to me

Well when the fire fades it's not going back to the age of grey, it's starting the age of dark. Although DS3 is sort of blurring the age of dark into the age of grey by having humans start turning into trees and dragons.

You broke a wall into the real world. It's DaS 3's answer to Bloodborne's "it was all a dream bullshit"

Here it's so crazy you can't even give it a name, but basically "time and now space for some reason are convoluted"

Yeah that's part of what I loved about DaS3's ending. Even if you refuse to link the fire it's implied that another flame will just spontaneously come into existence eventually.

Not kindling the flame results in the age of the dark, but DaS3 introduces a new concept where the firekeeper can kill the first flame and revert everything back to the age of archtrees.

The last dlc is basically one giant clusterfuck with regards to time and space. Apparently there are no portals on the way to the Ringed City, just entire areas from different timelines smashed together like pudding because the world is so fucked up.

The space has been fucked up since DS2.

And somesay that in DS1 space was fucked up first. And that's why all the gods live so close one to another, because they are not.

When I think about it, Earthen Peak now makes sense if we consider that that place will be appearing on the Dreg Heap in the last dlc, which is a place where even space is convoluted.

>break a wall
actually you can see a hole in the ceiling right before the illusionary wall. It's pitch black. Try shooting flaming arrows through it, they don't hit anything. It's clearly abyssal before you even go past the wall.

I'm more interested by the small light at the very center of the abyss in the untended graves.

Man, Earthen Peak and the Iron Keep used to bother me so much. Then DaS3 came along and Anor Londo just appears in the middle of nowhere.

That actually makes sense. The land of the lords seem mushed together in that one too but I just thought that's how the land of Lordran naturally looked being atop a tree and all.

What do you mean? Anor Londo and the way you ascend can be clearly seen and traversed in a way that makes perfect sense.

if you didn't choose the full hollow drooling retard ending you are a fuck head boy. this may only be my opinion but my opinion is right

Has anyone overlaid the DaS3 overworld with that of DaS1 using Anor Londo as a reference point? I'm curious to see how everything aligns, if it aligns at all.