Underrated / God Teir PS1 / PS2 Games

Can be your favorite, but should be either god tier or underrated. POST THE GAMES COVER.

I'll post a few but ill get the ball rolling with Okage:Shadow King, a JRPG classic.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Oi0Y-8w6yLs
youtube.com/watch?v=cNPGn5Q2r1U
youtube.com/watch?v=ZxGQdx48jP4
youtube.com/watch?v=u0sXYOgmZfk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Chocobos Dungeon 2, one of the few good FF spinoffs

Deus Ex: Conspiracy Theories, my favorite one in the series. Ported from PC, will always be my favorite role playing fps mix.

My favorite 3D platformer

Rosalyn best girl

Fucking love that game. I have an actual story to go with that game.

Still, is it really underrated? It's one of the few PS2 games on the PS4, and one of the firsts to boot.

Heres a game that you dont hear anyone talking about: Rygar (Ps2 version) Amazing gameplay and design, with top notch graphics ahead of its time

Oh? I didnt know that it was on PS4, hm, it was very underrated when I first played it lol. I remember when I bought it I had to buy it from Japan because it wasnt in English yet haha

The only game I dropped because everything took so damn long. I even played through ff9. I remember wanting to play one day and thinking to myself that "I only have like 3 hours to play before I need to leave, that is not enough time to accomplish anything". After that I played less and less

Also I will add however that while this is underrated this is also god tier games in general. Some of these are well known, but they're still amazing games

>Started playing this over the summer
>Stopped for a couple of months
>Now I don't remember what I was supposed to be doing

Its been over 15 years. Remake never fucking ever.

I had this on a demo disc I think and I always thought the demo was fun

production value was a little low but it had some heart

it was fun for what I thought was a shitty christmas gift from an uninformed mom

Played this on a demo disk like 9 years ago, fucking IMPOSSIBLE to find a copy.

basically powerstone, but you have an entire team to play as

Any anons into Fatal Frame?

I think the PS2 just had the most niche games because there were so many consoles sold, anything you made would sell at least a little bit. There were a bunch of RPG Makers on it and Fighter Maker 2 was fun too.

Most of the youtube videos of it are fetish shit for some reason

>game had 200 playable characters

40 Winks, it was a little weird at times, but its got spunk

I have the first 3 but never got around to playing 3.

It's some of the best survival horror on the PS2, which is when that meant something.

I agree, it managed to stand out when Silent Hill and Resident Evil were the monopoly of the PS2 horror genre.

Sheeiiiiit

Come on anons I cant keep this thread alive by myself. Get away from the Nioh spam

My dad got this as a demo disc, and ended up buying it. Played the hell out of and thought it was so hard before.

Still a great game. Love how the bosses all spoke German

Thats god tier for sure, the boss levels were amazing, for pacman

Colosseum
youtube.com/watch?v=Oi0Y-8w6yLs

Underrated gem. Are there other games similar to this? besides Powerstone.

This game is fucking amazing.
It actually has co-op, too. Though most people probably never noticed.

YOOOOO I REMEMBER THAT! For YEARS I havent been able to find those games because I forgot what the demo disk was called. I just found its called PSX, yeahhh that game was sick.

I sure didnt know that lol, but still their AI co op was pretty good. The AI never felt retarded. Would be cool to try that with a friend.

Have you played it recently?? It holds up pretty well still!

What else was on the demo disc?

there's a powerstone inspired kikestart game on steam LASTFIGHT. No idea if it's good.

you are my nigga

Had pic related show up in the mail today.

Nah man I havent played the demo disk in like 10 years i dont know why I ever threw it away, stupid idea. But I do remember it had a Punisher game, one of the ooold ass Lara Crofts. and that Einhander game. Im looking for it right now.

Really good space combat and it was pretty tight how every pilot had specific dialogue for when they were using certain mobile suits or fighting certain other pilots

In honor of the new movie port

Space Griffon

Underrated and unique but it's clunky and too much of a slog at times to be god tier. Decent game though and it's worth playing just to experience the mad survival horror/mech/fps/dungeon crawler blend and animu sci-fi horror story

Also you've got a shield you can swipe across the screen with shoulder buttons to reflect bullets, and that's COOL

>tfw I want to start this again
>tfw I remember that it takes nearly 2 hours to go off and find the other Kings
Damn.

Still haven't beaten it yet.
Started on PS1, didn't have a memory card
Started again on PS3, got the yellow light of death
Now playing on my Vita
Looking forward to playing the other entries
Apparently this came out around FF7 so a lot of people missed out, but I Fucking love it and never had a huge urge to play FF7 but I will eventually

That chocobo kart game
That bomberman animal riding kart game

Different user, but I remember two discs that had it:
Playstation Underground Volume 2 Issue 2
Playstation Interactive Sampler No. 7

It kind of seems like kings field in space

OP here, update on the demo disk. The game that I had remembered to be the Punisher, was actually a game called Blasto. Will update more when I find the full demo disk.

>tried to play through it as a kid
>hard as fuck but still really fun
>never going to continue this series because Capcom
Man, life sucks.

You could get one of the most powerful weapons in the game before the end of the first chapter.
The character models didn't have faces.

But I remember the gameplay being fun, and the anime cutscenes were cool. I should play it again

I know it's not an "unknown" game, but very few people I knew had ever heard of it. Even my sisters (the ones who actually owned our PS1 because of how much younger I am compared to them) weren't interested in it, despite having the demo disk and both of them loving JRPGs/Fantasy in general.

Still, I've never beaten it.

I miss our PS1 now

This it? It had Einhander, Tomba, Tomb Raider 2, Blasto, Gex 2, Spyro, and Tekken 3 (among other things).

OP again, the demo disk was called Interactive CD: Sampler Disc Vol. 7 I highly recommend it, although theres still another one I must find because that one did not have Einhander on it

That sonic hoverboard racer was great

Oops, it does seem correct but the one I remember was an underground disc. And I checked a list and I didnt see Einhander on it. Could you link it please?

>Blasto
That game was hard as fuck, even after I got gud at vidya. Never did beat it.

I was going to post a picture of my copy, but I just realized it's gone. Damn. Have some Ku-On instead. It's a fairly spoopy J-horror no one I've ever met has heard of.

final game in the quintet series of action rpgs.

Still one of my favs

This help?

It's too bad the encounter system is SHIT and the dungeons are SHIT and the battle system is SHIT and FUCK YOU WHERE THE FUCK IS THE EXIT TO THIS FUCKING DUNGEON ALREADY.

Yeah, im gonna download an emu and look for every demo pack I can find.

quintet series of action rpgs? do you mean the devs made four others similar to this one, or that there are "Five Great ARPGs" above all others on ps1?

They made other action rpgs with similar themes. Not a series technically. Others were on the SNES. Granstream saga was their last game.

Soul blazer
Illusion of Gaia
Terranigma

are the others. Look into them, they're good.

This and Phantom Crash were my fucking jam.

They have videos for that, user.
youtube.com/watch?v=cNPGn5Q2r1U
youtube.com/watch?v=ZxGQdx48jP4 (Skip to 47:40)

dark cloud
katamari
war of the monsters
destroy all humans

Might look it but I'd say the plot focus and linearity sets it apart. Kings Field gave you freedom and had this really lonely atmosphere as you wandered about. Space Griffon locks you into floors you can't freely travel between until the plot dictates and rarely gives you ten minutes between interruptions from your gradually dwindling teammates, and between those interruptions and whatever other plot developments there'll be chances to contact them yourself for guidance or just general fleshing out of the story and characters.

The game reminds me more of some 80s horror OVA than anything else

My goodness, I'll get right on that, thank you!

This gets a lot more love now that it's available on PSN

Mah nigga. Game was fucking awesome when I didn't have Gundam. Still is to this day.

>god tier or underrated
>posts one of the most overrated anime rpg games in existence.
Go on - may as well post Suikoden 2 while you dick heads are at it.

Playing through this amazing game right now, best From Software game in my opinion

Sounds spooky, how does it play, is it like King's Field 1st person dungeon crawler?

Theres one game Ive been looking for for year that I have no idea what its called. It was kind of like command and conquer, top down, but you were in like a futuristic tank thing that shot blue energy balls at monsters. You could explore the map, I think you could actually be shot out of the tank thing too, it was for ps1. I also remember there being like a lot of lava, the ground honestly looked like minecraft netherrak if I remember correctly. Any ideas?

To clarify the tank wasnt like a ww2 tank it was a futuristic one, sorry if the explanation was shit but I really dont remember any details, its been so long,

Why dont you contribute user? I would simply like to say that god tier is opinion, ive personally never heard of either of those games but I still respect his opinion and respect him for contributing,

>god tier
>suikoden 2

Pick two

Not at all, it's basically Fatal Frame with Silent Hill/Resident Evil gameplay. I might even go as far as to say it's more scary than FF since it relies purely on atmosphere to fuck you up instead of scare jumps
I wouldn't recommend it as much if you're not too into Japanese culture and the Heian period though
youtube.com/watch?v=u0sXYOgmZfk

This

OP here, watching gameplay, yeah, looks like fatalframe without the camera lol. But definitely interesting

I posted this earlier. Surprised to see someone else mention it.

Does this game fit the bill for underrated? I knew no one with this game and thought it was pretty neat
And not just because you could pinch huge breasts.

Bumping this

>pinch huge tits
>there's a game besides Stretch Panic that lets you do that?
>they're the same game

I liked it. The literal titty monsters were pretty funny and the bosses were neat.

Please send help

Pretty fun

Was this good? It seemed like a pre-God of War action game. Any resemblance to its Nintendo roots?

>the red star
fucking gem of a game.

My choice is Threads of Fate (ps1) and Dual Hearts (ps2)

Hard as fuck but creation mode was fun.

I always see anons praising this game a lot, but the original not so much. Am I the only one who loves the fuck outta the first Pac Man World?

I don't get it either. All three games are pretty good.

>US got the good box art.
How did this happen, it's like a reverse ico

>capture a large enemy
>use it as a giant beam attack
>colors and shit all over the screen
it was great

Only one mention of King's Field: The Ancient City. You guys really ought to play "Atmosphere: The Game."

Wait a minute, didn't this game take a shit load of time just to load? If you failed a level, it would load it all over again?

If you had your PS2 chipped, it would reduce your loading times to mere seconds.