OK, Nightmare is fine but THIS FUCKING THING can go fuck itself

OK, Nightmare is fine but THIS FUCKING THING can go fuck itself.
Especially round two, jesus christ. Never thought the charging of the plasma beam would get to me, but here we are.
Damn fight took so long that by the end of it I had barely any life left, and the fucking X inside it killed me.
Fuck this thing.
Metroid thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rp2b3EYFAXw
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fusion is my favorite Metroid. The atmosphere is amazing

why is he so perfect?

My thumb hurts from holding down the X button so much on my 3DS.

Best boss theme
youtube.com/watch?v=Rp2b3EYFAXw

How is this game so good. Alao 100% this game is a bitch

WARNING: NO ENTRY WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION
holy shit it won't shut up even in the pause menu.

>That part near the end where it COMPLETELY LOCKS YOU OUT OF EXPLORING AREAS FOR THE REST OF THE GAME

Why, in a metroid game of all things, would you do this

oh fuck, it does that? When? Gotta get that 100% rating.

it doesn't

need some trickery to get back to certain places but absolutely nothing is missable

Once Robo-Adam tells you to go activate the self-destruct, everything locks down if I remember correctly

it locks you out after the self-destruct countdown is set

you can't save the game while the lab is locked down

after you get screw attack, dont use a navagation room. Each sector is linked with secret tunnels. use those to travel from sector to sector

Guess I'll have to replay it again. Not that I'm complaining, I love Fusion

>people actually had difficulty with the security bot
Was this a 0% run?

Fusion had simplyfied a lot the Metroid Formula but god damn, the game is amazing, and I find this boss cute.

security bot wasn't even the worst part of my 1%, only took a few tries

Yazuka and Nightmare on the other hand took me days to beat

Ok, how the fuck i get past this room? If i let the x merge, they become golden unkillable space pirates, and killing the monsters and absorbing the x individually didn't open the grey door either. I feel I've tried everything i coupd in this room.

If I'm not mistaken, you need to let them fuse into the golden space pirates and use charged plasma beam to kill them and the doors open. But it's been a long ass time since I played.

Took me two fights to get the strategy down, and the fight was still irritatingly long. Wouldn't be so bad if its hitbox wasn't so goddamn tiny.

you have to shoot the gold guys in the back to kill them

the game only checks that you're facing opposite them, so turning around after shooting will let you hit them any way

Well that explains it. How the hell was I supposed to figure that out? There's like, no tells that their back is their weak point. Not that I could see, anyway. also, lol video game logic on the spoiler.

Nightmare is a spamfest though, so it's not that bad. Yakuza is a shitshow though.

well they do leap over you across the room, and delay in turning around, they probably intended you to find out as you shoot at them

For some reason Nightmare's floating in circles would always get me, he kept just floating indefinitely and I couldn't get him to stop without taking damage

The hardest part of Yakuza is the spinning attack and the wasps before him that literally oneshot you

OH FUCK IT'S RIDLEY! I remember being completely stuck on this part as a kid... let's see if I can take him now...

lower your volume

Ridley is fucking loud as shit

By fucking around long enough. Eventually you get bored and discover you can bombthe center wall. You'all eventually kill the enemies as well which are key to moving past that room.

That went well, aside from my ears bleeding. And I thought the fucking PA system was annoying in this game.
As an aside, how the fuck was i stuck on this boss before? Guess I had been using missiles or something.

ridley is weird because his entire body is vulnerable so if you aim your charge shots right you can damage him multiple times as the shot goes through his hitbox, making the fight very short

timing it right can also tank the framerate from hitting him so much

FUCK YAKUZA AND FUCK SPIDER BOSSES IN GENERAL

literally just stand in the corner my dude

That was alway fun imo. I used to charge the diffusion missiles along with deploying power bombs and then charge shoot Ridley. It would get choppy.

I like its battle theme

Shit, according to this map, I think I missed a power bomb upgrade in the Restricted area, and since it blew up, I can't get back there. Does that one count for 100%, or am I fucked on this playthrough?

you can go back there

>I can still hear it

speed boost to it

How? It detached from the station and blew up. will it just inexplicably be there if I go around the other way??

it's not IN the area, but the part of the map that's the little bit thats still part of the main station

this thread has me replaying Fusion. Im missing AM2R's enhancements though, the lack of R2 to instant morphball is glaring now

>the game only checks that you're facing opposite them, so turning around after shooting will let you hit them any way
Motherfucker.

You can still get into the restricted area from Sector 6 like you did the first time. You need to speed boost to get the power bomb upgrade and to get back to Sector 1. Make sure you save before attempting to speed boost. It's a long way back to Sector 6 if you fuck up.

My NIGGA

This thing is taunting me. How the hell do i get it? There's speed boost blocks on the top, but I can't shinespark DOWN...

SA-X traumatised me hard

if you speed run on blocks they'll break under your feet i believe

no idea what puzzle that is so i can't help

also somersault jumping out of the run lets you destroy any blocks you touch so you could also destroy them that way

Is this one. In the big room.

Everything opens back up when reload the save after you finish the game for some reason

Tryin to get through tose blocks on the bottom.

>Fusion was made with Wario Land 4's engine

Does the mean zero mission was made on that engine too?

I bet most of you haven't even beaten Fusion on Hard mode.

Why did you get out of speedboost-screwattack stance?

The final boss on hard is pretty rough. Was a damn satisfying fight, though.

>Japanese version only
Welp that fucking sucks

So play the english-patched Japanese version.

You can even play it on a 3DS.

Man, I love this room and that other one near TRO's boss room.

Really? I had an easy time with it. Just get as far right as you can on the overhead rail, and just aim diagonally down-left, firing to the left to blow up the missiles every now and then.

Oh, THIS. Look up a playthrough or something. There's a precise method to it, but I can't explain it.

I think have to run and then jump and fall into that to get that or maybe I'm thinking of something else

yeah, i ended up doing that, lol. Had to run to the right, save the spark at the slope and then double up while speed boosting to get in there. It's really obtuse. Beat the game 100%! yaaay

Also, did you know that if you let the game sit at the title screen for a while, a gameplay movie plays where it shows you advanced metroid tricks like walljumping, pseudo screw attack, and shinesparking?

double JUMP up, goddammit. I always end up forgetting crucial words when I type fast.

>original reeee

I didn't, that was a straight up jump to try to show more of the room.