GOD FUCKING DAMN IT

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT

twitter.com/Activision/status/831928209612550145

Other urls found in this thread:

gamespot.com/articles/crash-bandicoot-rights-still-belong-to-activision-/1100-6439612/
youtube.com/watch?v=5D-kuvU6s5c
youtube.com/watch?v=ailK1sIYBp0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

nani?

>Date that will be pushed back like 3 times

yawn

Meh.

>the faggot crying about being banned or some shit with a 2 minuite long video
Why does being blocked mean so much to autists

Why not just make that a GIF?

I could imagine a PC release. But a Switch release would indeed be hilarious.
I would buy it on the Switch though.

Quality

God what a shit game. Crash was never good. The only people who think it's good were poorfags who couldn't afford N64's and were stuck with their shitty PS1's and are consumed by nostalgia. Or were too young when the game's came out and just think he looks cool.

>crash bandicoot
>quality

What if I was an idort with N64 and PS1?

>comment section
>"Put it on Xbox One!"
>CoD babbies
I have so many questions

Why hasn't't Activision put the original Crash trilogy on other consoles. Are they allowed to do it? You'd think those money hungry kikes would've done it already.

Go ahead and release for the switch/xbone and PC, let them have it if they want it.

I'll still personally buy it for the PS4. Because even with exclusives later going multiplat I still prefer buying games like Tekken on PS where they first hit consoles.

Just wouldn't feel right buying it on something else.

effort

>Bought PS4 for BB
>thought I'd at least get a few other games for it, Crash being one of them
>it might be a multiplat
fuck

>people still give a shit about long dead franchises where the corpse is being picked and ravaged by greedy companies who had nothing to do with the original games production

le epic xD

I'm so confused, people LIKED Crash?

Didn't they notice the poor level design and bad gameplay?

I dont get it, what does that tweet has to do with the Switch?

It's not like Naughty Dog would try and make another Crash game during their "mature" phase.

There is some hope with Viscarious Visions doing it.

So when was the start of the "mature" phase for ND? Jak 2?

Nothing, it's obviously just a release date teaser.

unlikely but if its real I would avoid Sup Forums cause of the massive shitposting and flase flagging

As an idort that thinks the PS1 was mostly better than the N64 I'd say Crash was okay. Not amazing, but good.

big announcement coming tomorrow

OP starts the thread with bait to lure people into thinking that the announcement is going to be Crash on Switch.

report and ignore

Who fucking cares? Where the FUCK IS APE ESCAPE SONY?

I'd take fucking GEX over Crash, jesus

Mmm, nope.
Elaborate, if you please.

N64 platformers are overrated. Spyro and Crash beat almost anything except SM64. Yes they even beat Banjo.

>Spyro and Crash beat almost anything except SM64. Yes they even beat Banjo.

You're clearly retarded or never played Banjo. Spyro and Crash for trash.

>shitting on crash

need to be 18+ to post here

>Spyro and Crash beat almost anything except SM64

surreal isn't it? It was a garbage game when it released, still is today. And people will buy to play it in HD! what the fuck.

>Activision
>Crash Bandicoot

u wot m8

What am I supposed to be looking at here? This 2 second gif of crash?

given current Nauthy dog, anyone can make a better Crash game than what will they do

I owned a PS1.
My best friend owned an N64.
We loved each other's games.
Banjo>SM64>Crash>Spyro

However, Crash and Spyro are fucking great games and anyone who denies this is an idiot.
PS1 wasn't all about the platformers though, its strength was in its diverse library.
It had JRPGs, survival horror, weird as fuck japanese hidden gems, FMV shit, etc.
N64 had a bunch of classics but very little variety, the breadth of its library can be condensed down to only a handful of games half of which were from Rare.

You sound like a reasonable person. Did you not get the memo that this is the intetnet? Games and consoles are either pure shit or gold.

Xbox One and PC port announcement soon

I had both systems
, and always thought he looked silly. Still love the series. What now?

Gex aged like shit.

>no video game level will ever take place inside boy george's pants ever again

>poor level design
Pure platforming with branching level paths, bonus rooms, and skill-based time trials is poor design?

The only flaw I find with the original trilogy is that the bosses are way too easy. I mean, the entire trilogy itself is stupidly easy, but it's still really good.

Were you living under a rock? Activision bought the rights of Crash from ND after the PS1 era

Did you miss the Vivendi and Activision merger, underage?

>OP posts a picture of a switch with crash on it and a twitter link
>silly assuming user puts two and two together and begins violently shitting that it's not exclusive
Apparently no one fell for it though

>vague announcement of nothing in particular
>absolutely nothing Nintendo-related is scheduled for tomorrow
>OP fishing for replies as always

That was Vivendi before the merger, dumbfuck.

I keep hearing it is easy and I have tried to git gud, but I always have trouble 100%ing any Crash game.

So far, I have only done it with Warped and WoC

>Jak 2?
That games fun

>Crash Bandicoot
>Vivendi

u wot m8

>No Chameleon Twist love

Yeah, but it was the beginning of them moving away from mascot platformers into what they are now.

What's difficult for you? If you can 100% Warped, then Crash 2 should be no problem. The only difficult one is Crash 1 because you weren't allowed to die when trying to collect gems.

2 because of the Polar bear levels and some of the secret entrances.

I suck at precise jumping when top down, like in Air Crash where you need to jump on the boxes to get to the entrance.

I LOVE MARIO
YOUR 2 SLOW

If I remember right, the first Crash was actually pretty tough, even though it was slower than 2 and 3.

THE MUSTACHE ALWAYS WINS

>Gex aged like shit.
And Crash didn't?

FUCK, I GOT EXCITED FOR PORTABLE CRASH REMAKES.

Well thank god Nintendo at least had one god tier platformer considering their console was basically the platformer machine yet Sony had the better platformers.

Not him but Crash has a very simplistic form of 3D platforming where you're mostly on rails with a little leeway, whereas most of the 3D Gex games were like worse Mario 64s. And Mario 64's camera was already borderline not good.

I played the shit out of Gex games but yeah, they haven't aged as well.

it actually didn't.
not him but because how Crash's grahics used polygons to create a simple cartoon aesthetic they look really good today and upscale really nicely.
As a result it's probably the best looking (or more accurately, best aged) PS1 game.

I plugged my raspberry pi into the TV at my relative's place at Christmas and even my nephew who never owned a PS1 was able to pick up and enjoy Crash 1.

>Sony had the better platformers
There are people on Sup Forums that think this?

Gex is literally bad 90's pop culture references the game.

Crash and Spyro are great but banjo is superior. But Ape Escape>Crash>Spyro

could be a false-flagger.
PS1 had the better library and destroys N64 in that regard, but no one can pretend any PS1 platformer exceeds Banjo or SM64, games that still haven't been surpassed to this day.

I bought one of the gex games on psn recently and the game is a chilling empty early 3D platformer. Too spooky to play.

It just doesn't feel right.

>vicarious visions

Take another company's IP and regurgitate a successful game to make a profit.

Never seen a company name in the industry that accurate.

Sony partially own the original games and CTR, N. Sanity isnt going multiplat

has anyone actually proven this.
I haven't seen a single source to back this up, people just claim it.

>Sony partially own the original games
as far as I remember ALL related to Crash was bought by Activision. and C. NS is basically a new game not a port. so they can get away with it

Sunshine beats SM64 pretty handily desu

>Sony partially own the original games and CTR, N. Sanity isnt going multiplat
HA HA HA HA HA
gamespot.com/articles/crash-bandicoot-rights-still-belong-to-activision-/1100-6439612/

Crash was a terrible attempt at making a 3D platformer that fully utilized all 3 dimensions in a meaningful way. All levels were ultra-linear corridors that really just gave you just enough space to move to the left or right to even count as a 3D platformer in the first place, with maybe some branching paths and bonus levels here and there to spice things up. It avoided being a 2.5D platformer, but just barely. Compare that to the likes of Mario 64 where each world was a dynamic level fully utilizing every dimension to the fullest potential at the time and you really feel like Crash was lacking. I feel like Crash itself likely would have been more of a fun game if it didn't pretend to be a full 3D platformer and actually went for the side-scrolling approach.

Fuck you too, user.

Sony published the first 3 Crash games, CTR, and Bash with Universal as the distributors
the 2 had a deal for the creation of these games for the PS1.
after Bash the deal ended and the IP stayed with Universal who had merged with Vivendi
after that all Crash games were published by Vivendi Universal, and then by Sierra who are owned by Vivendi

Sony partially own the PS1 games because of the deal with Universal, and there is no way they would let the original trilogy go multiplatform

do you not understand what "Partially own the original games" mean?

>each world was a dynamic level
lol dynamic? you mean bland empty and looks just a step above Bubsy 3D

not a lawyer but Acitivision now owns the rights of the crash games and unless its something detailed (like Nintendo owning the PUBLISHING rights for Fatal Frame) then this encompace ALL RIGHTS (past. present and future assets and publishing) so unless you can show an evidence that sony still own some sort of right on the game or the assets. Activision owns it full. and again. this is a remake/ remaster. basically all game visual assets are remake from scratch. not using the ones from the original game and the name changed too

(You)

then explain why the OT, CTR and Bash have never been on any other platforms other than Playstation systems? if Activision own full rights on all the games then why havent they made the originals go multiplatform?

Because Activision only pump out sequels to series' that are already doing well

>if Activision own full rights on all the games then why havent they made the originals go multiplatform?
cause they dont give a fuck to do so??

>owning something means they have to re-hash all the library
..BRUH

you can go back and play Mario 64, Banjo, and Donkey Kong without any huge problem. But trying to go back to Spyro and Crash is a fucking shitshow. Even the Tombas aged better than those games.

that did not answer why they dont put the games on other platforms, not once did I ask about sequels.

also Sony/Naughty Dog did not put any mention of Activision in the credits of Uncharted 4, for the Crash Bandicoot cameo level , which was recreated, not taken from the old game

>Activision not caring about money
...yeah ok

oh wow the amount of wrong in this post is huge

>>Activision not caring about money
>...yeah ok
>thinking rehashing everything is insta money
you are overestimating the crash franchise bro

I played Crash 2, Spyro 1+2 and all those N64 titles you mentioned in the past week and I didn't have a problem.

Crash 2 aged especially well in graphics.

no, you are underestimating the fanbase
Crash was huge back in the day, and the fans never went away, the games did, and the OT and CTR were big sellers on the PSN

Crash, Spyro, Mario 64, and Banjo all occupy the same genre but are very different games and comparing them using terms like "better" or "worse" is meaningless unless you break it down to much smaller parts.

Also, Crash is okay.

Mario 64 is a 3d adventure game with platforming elements, Crash is a pure platformer with adventure game elements

>Gex aged like shit

Gex's level design, while not the best, is more enjoyable than Crash. Even if his references are dated some of Gex's lines are still funny.

Crash's branching pathlines are just annoying, when going for 100%. Having to backtrack down a path, moving slowly so you don't hit and enemy you can't see or fall into a pit you can't see.

yeah, skill at platforming isnt for everyone user
maybe stick to something like Mario Run

>skilled platforming
What's skilled about having to move slowly because you can't see where you're going?

>What's skilled about having to move slowly because you can't see where you're going?
youtube.com/watch?v=5D-kuvU6s5c
uh huh...

You're only forced to move "backward" in six levels for 100% in the first Crash game, and it's only due to branching paths because of two levels, the first one and Cortex Power. The only times where not being able to see are an issue are with Cortex Power and the river level where you're forced to go backward to get a crate that you made appear even though the outline wasn't visible before aaaaahh

Crash is pretty flawed, but branching paths are extremely few and far between, and the developers usually accounted for this by making it so any jumps done against the camera are full jumps.

That's one level in Crash 2. I was talking about Crash 2, in specific one of the first levels that branches left and right with boxes on each side. You have to walk back towards the camera to get back to the branch, unable to see what you're walking into.

you mean in the first Warp room, the easiest warp room? lol
its only hard it you make it hard
youtube.com/watch?v=ailK1sIYBp0