What went so wrong?

What went so wrong?
Even das2 is more fun to replay than this trash

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UScsme8didI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it's not that bad

DS1 is the only one I can replay and actually enjoy. It's the least linear.

slow and deliberate dark souls mechanics with fast and twitchy bloodborne enemies

everyone is faster than you and everyone hits you unrelentingly hard, unless you do charge attacks that take an ungodly amount of time

It's trash, just like the whole series.

I've never played a Dark Souls game past the first hour or so. What do people find fun about these games? They seem pretty awful from what I've played.

But enemies are slower than bloodborne ones while das3 estus is faster than blood vials
Enemies not punishing you for your mistakes was one of reasons why das3 is so different from des/das/das2/borne

but 3 is the best in the series

Them designing the pc like a dark souls character with infinite rolls and lolnopoise while making the rest of the game and the enemies handle like bloodborne along with backward ass invasion mechanics and fairly huge but linear areas made the overall game extremely fucking tedious to get through let alone make builds for.
Unless of course you just use the dark sword or a longsword, which speaks volumes about how this game doesn't quite work right.

Borne>=das>des>=das2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>das3

DS1>DS2>PS4Meme>DS3

I dislike ds2 solely because backstabbing/parrying have no weight behind them and is unsatisfying as fuck.

Bloodborne>DaS3>DaS2 DLC>DaS>/=DaS2

Dunno why everyone has such extreme opinions on the various games in the series. Every Souls game is pretty fucking similar - certainly too similar to think that one is the best game ever made and another is irredeemable dogshit.

It blows my mind that people still put DaS on a pedestal despite the myriad of stupid bullshit in that game like
>backstab chaining
>incredibly generous parry window
>humanity healing
>poor pacing
>poor distribution of items and equipment (why the fuck can you farm infinite twinkling titanite in ash lake?)
>opt-in PvP (Bloodborne has this too and it's fucking stupid)
>poor pacing
>some of the worst bosses in the entire series
>technical problems

SOTFS>AOTAE>DS3>DS1>DS2

DS3>DS1=BB>DeS>>>>>DS2
Fight me faggot

>Bloodborne over everything else
BB is overrated if you look at it objectively

Calling something "overrated" isn't really a valid criticism. It's not the best game ever, but it out of the five Souls games it's the one that's the most fun to play. The only thing it really falls short in is replay value, since there's less "builds" and anything that isn't strength or skill is largely locked behind grinding chalice dungeons.

BB>DeS>DaS1>DaS3>DaS2

Dark Souls 1 is not even a fully developed game. It does not deserve to be about DeS. It completely falls apart in the second half. DaS3 may just be blatant fan service, but DaS2 is irredeemable garbage.

>humanity healing a bad thing
>farming for upgrade materials a bad thing
but why

YOU GOT IT ALL BACKWARDS MAN

sounds like a case of git gud.

Seriously, if you want legitimate answers, you'll have to be specific about what you didn't like.

It's lore is the most intriguing to me, i can't wait for the dlc

Ds3 is the shortest game yet despite being the most recent, having the largest budget, and the advantage of being popular.
Vanilla Ds2 had something like 30 bosses, now has 41. The replay worth in Ds2 vastly outshines that of Ds3. Ds2 combat is sensible and not heavily influenced by a game with an entirely different pace. Ds2 had the souls equivalent of a raid boss on launch, before they sadly nerfed it. Ds3 is just disappointing. Not bad, but it could have been the best in the series if the amount of love that went in to Ds2 went in to Ds3.

Nothing went wrong besides the PvP.

>being able to carry 99 full heals
I'll let you reason out why that's a problem

>farming for upgrade materials is bad
Maybe you should learn to read the explicit meaning of sentences before you post. The issue isn't being able to farm for materials; the issue is being able to obtain what should be a rare upgrade material in abundance extremely early on in the game. You can have a +5 special weapon in less than an hour after arriving in Firelink and proceed to blow through the rest of the game. It's an oversight on the part of the developers, and something the later games (especially BB) largely corrected.

>Serious lack of build variety
>Long loading times and consistent frame drops despite being exclusive
>1/3 of the bosses are just big ugly monsters that angrily flail around
>God awful PvP
It blows my mind that people think Bloodborne is the best souls game despite the myriad of stupid bullshit it has

Those are all legitimate criticisms (except the loading times, which they mostly fixed), but it's still better than the other games in the series simply because the combat is much more enjoyable. Also, the level design is so far beyond any other Souls game that I would consider ranking it first just on that alone.

The lack of build variety really does suck. Chalice dungeons were a horrible idea, and putting all the Arcane/Poison gems in there was an even worse idea. I'm also not a fan of how they didn't patch the DLC weapons into the main game for people who purchased it

>das2 being better than any of the others

Pff. I liked all of the games myself, but the second of the Dark trilogy is the weakest one by an enormous margin.

>99 full heals
yeah, if you fucking farm the hell out of them. Or use CE like a bitch.

>Extremely early in the game
what you're whining about here is what makes Dark Souls world design so good. A beginner to the series isn't going to know how to do that, or that he even could do that. You can go down to Ash Lake early, but it takes commitment, game knowledge, and skill to do so. If you're good enough, you can make things easier on yourself for a while. This is not the game being poorly designed, its you being unable to appreciate having freedom. It's what gives Dark Souls replayability, because you aren't forced to go the same way every time. Maybe this game you want to fight the Taurus Demon with the Dragon King Greatsword for shits and giggles, you can do that.
Also, if it actually bothers you, then just don't play it that way. Play it the boring way you want to and its not a problem.

>des
>fully developed
>tons of unused items and npc in the game files
>bosses like knight on the Astarea whos pathfinding was sooooo finished that he was aware only about half of cave and you could just poke him with spear without fearing him take step forward and hitting you
>archstone
>das3 is somehow better than das2
Wow, what a shit tier opinion
And if you like finished games than why bloodborne is so high? With black loading screens at release, no arcane weapons at start, biggest dlc in the history of franchise that was released faster than das2 first one, and shit like fake Iosefka turning patients into kin even if you killed her already
You and your opinions are garbage, please leave this thread

>What went so wrong?
Dark Souls II
/thread

seethe only thing souls 2 is the worst at is graphics

>being able to carry 99 full heals
99 full heals that had the longest fucking healing animation in the game
Well that not only requires having all the knowledge to get down there in the first place, but also requires you to farm for 'an hour'. I don't remember farming clams being that viable early on compared to getting to sens asap for large titanite shard access. And doesn't that all require also getting lucky enough to have a bk weapon drop?

I don't agree with it being problematic at all, getting forced to only be able to get certain upgrades at certain times instead of being able to learn and abuse things is frankly fucking boring.

why do DS threads always degenerate into ratefest circlejerks?

DaS2 and Bloodborne aren't punishing.
Don't forget gameplay.
>99 full heals that had the longest fucking healing animation in the game
Ability to move, those items providing regen and the enemies being far slower and having worse pathfinding made lifegems extremely easy to abuse.

>It's what gives Dark Souls replayability
Becoming monotonously overpowered right at the beginning of the game adds replayablility? That's complete bullshit; the game would be plenty replayable if they actually put high-tier upgrade materials in later areas where they should be. Your example of fighting the Taurus Demon with the DKG has absolutely nothing to do with being able to +5 a weapon that early.

>but also requires you to farm for 'an hour'
Are you illiterate? It doesn't take an hour to get ten twinkling, and you don't even need ten since you can find a few elsewhere before you get there. It takes about 15 minutes of farming clams to do it. And it doesn't require any special knowledge at all since this is actually what I did on my first playthrough ever with zero prior knowledge of the game. I found ash lake by following notes that were left in the walls behind the treasure chests in Blighttown. After killing a few clams, I realized they dropped the materials I needed to upgrade my Black Knight Halberd which I got earlier in the game. I killed them for about ten minutes to upgrade my weapon to +5, and proceeded to pretty much obliterate every single enemy in the game with a single R1. It completely fucking trivialized the game and it is not something that should have been possible to do. And the kicker is that they knew they fucked up since you can't do this in ANY OTHER SOULS GAME

>especially BB
>+6 weapons in second you killed bloodstarving beast and unlocked unseen village, despite not having enough material even for the +3 weapon before
>if you aren't shit at the game and can kill bloodletting beast in chalice(which is easier than killing black hydra on the low lvl) enjoy farm material for the +9 in the next one
I wonder, do you even played games you post about

Underages can't think of actual arguments for the games.

>the sonygger opinion

Disgusting...

>having to keep beating the same enemies repeatedly for a long time is less monotonous than allowing the player to adventure to improve their weapons and gear
Fuck off.

>+6 in BB is equivalent to +5 twinkling in Souls
Whoops, you're a fucking retard! Not to mention that getting +6 in Gaol requires a LOT more farming than getting +5 in Ash Lake, since you need a shitload more twin blood stones than you do twinking and the droprates are considerably lower

Dark Souls - Super Smash Bros.
Dark Souls II - Super Smash Bros. Melee
Dark Souls III - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

>DaS2 and Bloodborne aren't punishing
>one mistake and you are dead
>compared to the "one mistake just heal again" das3

>>one mistake and you are dead
>bloodborne
>dark souls 2
lol

My response is the gross majority of said bosses are "dude with sword" and my favorite ways to play the game were nerfed into the center of the earth.

>greentexting shit no one said
why don't you just argue with a wall?

>DaS2
>punishing

More like "that kid".

you have to grind the snatchers for legit like an hour to +6 a weapon at that point though. they don't drop the tier 2 blood shards very often. also weapon upgrades aren't as important in bloodborne compared to dark souls

That's the alternative you've proposed though.

Either players have the ability to make stronger weapons or they're forced to keep hacking away at the enemies with weaker weapons.

For the twinking? Sure it comparable
Chaos zwei+10 isn't even half as devastating as a buffed tonitrus or claws +6 against first half game bosses
But of course you don't care about facts, only your feelings
Oh, and for some reason you think that 20 minutes is a long time farm, guess you are truly braindead retarded

This.
Just because newcomers don't know how to do the thing in the game doesn't mean it's not just as easy as in the other ones.

All Souls games allow you to get powerful weapons fast if you know what you're doing and BB is no different.

Everything you're saying is telling me that you just can't appreciate something that isn't a traditional RPG. You want a linear, predictable experience that you can't deviate from. You don't like Dark Souls, I can't make you like it. Game's good though. But here's the main thing: you don't have to +5 your weapon that early. Or At all. You have the freedom to make those choices, and you're complaining about it as if the game made you play it that way. Being able to make yourself overpowered for half the game is not the same thing as organically becoming overpowered early in the game. If you played a JRPG and hit level 99 in two chapters, that would be poor game design. But in Souls, there's the way you play it the first time and the hundreds of different ways to play it afterwords. Trust me.

Miyazaki, you magnificent bastard

What the fuck are you talking about? There 2 near lamp, for each 4 kills you are guarantee 1 twin drop
How the fuck it takes a hour
>also weapon upgrades aren't as important in bloodborne compared to dark souls
Is it bait? Weapon scaling goes from c to fucking a, or sometimes s during upgrades

This.
People arguing that grinding or game knowledge shouldn't allow players to get stronger is completely inherently broken argument.

When proceeding without grinding is easily viable and when grinding can still make things easier, it means player is given agency and this is a sign of good gameplay design.

After the hundreds upon hundreds of hours I sunk into DS, DS2, and Bloodborne by the time 3 rolled around I was kind of sick of the whole thing.

That's why DS3 doesn't sit well with me. At least Bloodborne changed up the setting enough to keep me interested, but then again it's not like I should have expected a great change in scenery. The game is called Dark Souls THREE after all.

>weapon upgrades aren't as important in bloodborne compared to dark souls
Attack/defense/scaling calculations work pretty much identically in Bloodborne and Dark Souls III.

That's 64 kills and 32 loading screens. How does that not take an hour?

I can't believe this argument caught on. Was it because of the offhand comment in the Zero Punctuation review? Counting both Smelter Demon's and both Dragon rider fights, 13 out of the 41 bosses are "dudes in armor." Thats a fucking meme argument.

What are your favorite ways to play? and were they not nerfed harder in Ds3? because Ds3 nerfed the hell out of sorceries, miracles, heavy weapons, and poison. The only thing that was nerfed in ds2 that got buffed in 3 was bleed.

>Irithyll is carefully designed
>Anor Londo just stuck on a hill with visible clipping
Effort was made and then not made again.

>Anor Londo isn't even the same size as in the original
>people try to explain this in the lore

The only thing DaS3 sorceries currently don't have better with them than they did in DaS1 is minmax potential for nuke damage. They're far more common, easier to use and spam and more varied to play with.

Only if you are very unlucky
Still it takes 2 minutes to parry both of them to death and return to the lamp, or just die to the hag nearby

Tanimura/ B-Team
Miyazaki not being able to supervise since he's busy with BB
Circlestrafing makes almost every enemy a joke
floaty and shit movement
badly designed bosses like really fucking bad over half of them are big humans with big weapons
shit looking environments, good ideas but executed badly
SHIT and i mean bad NPC questlines, NPCs are boring as fuck as well.
Level design is a joke, no creativity
Placing lots of enemies as justification for "difficulty"
ps2 textures and visuals

Only thing I would say it does well is weapon variety (this is only due to the sheer amount of dlc content they added to save this joke of a game)

>Still it takes 2 minutes to parry both of them to death
You said four, the other two are near Paal. Still not seeing how that takes anything less than an hour

>more varied
>das3
Not him
Literally how, das2 was full of unique spells with fun effects das3 got rid off
And fucking mana bar promotes you to use only ONE spell with highest dps/smallest mana consume, all others attacking spells and weapon buffs are waste of space

Architecture is convoluted in Lothric.

that's why they gave you tons of estus flasks

BB=DS1>don't care

I said each 4 kills gives you guaranteed twin blood gem, not fucking go waste your time and kill 4 of them each time

Das2 was great

That just make it take longer then, since you have to sit through twice as many loading screens or a lengthy death animation

no it wasn't

youtube.com/watch?v=UScsme8didI

stop lying to yourself, it's shit, mediocre and the worst Souls game by far.

That isn't true at all. I had to farm for a good three hours in order to get only 12 twin blood shards.

>worst Souls game by far.
But das3 exist

Sotfs is the one i enjoy the most. Fuck off with this nonsense

>circlestrafing makes every enemy a joke
that's why there's often more than one enemy to deal with.
>floaty and shit movement
waaah I don't like committing to attacks, I want to be able to hit them and immediately roll away
>over half of the bosses are big humans with big swords
Go google the Das2 bosses and read the list before you go around making retarded claims like that.
>Shit looking environments
eehh. to each their own.
>bad NPC questlines
Benhart and Lucatiel are fucking badasses, dunno what you're on about.
>level design is a joke
it's different and therefore bad
>placing lots of enemies as justification for difficulty
see above about circlestrafing
>ps2 textures
the graphics are bad, that's the only valid point. Ps2 level is still a gross exaggeration though.

What are your thoughts on Ds3? You don't like it more than 2 do you?

So you have irredeemable shit taste, thats on you nigger

Yet it's rated higher than the other Souls games by critics

>over half of them are big humans with big weapons
Why I never see this arguments as a something bad when people talk about das3?
Actually neo souls fanbase love this bosses
The only game in the souls series that tried to make every boss unique was fucking des, and surprise flamelurker, penetrator and false king are still fun favorites

This next part is my favorite. They all come in saying that critics are casual babbys, completely ignoring that Ds2 has the lowest skill floor and highest skill ceiling of any of the games.

I guess many others do too. I havent met anyone irl that disliked dark souls 2 to this retarded degree. All of the souls games are good and everyone has favorites.

This is such a shit video, I don't know why people keep citing it

>complains about lifegems and extols DaS's perfect healing system
>pretends like humanity was anything other than insanely fucking common, easy to farm, and abusable as an on-demand full heal

>badly designed bosses like really fucking bad
compared to dark souls, where half the bosses literally cannot hit you if you stand directly in front of them, and another fourth are stupid shit like bed of chaos and ceaseless discharge

Not only that, but they're usable by invaders, which clearly weren't meant to be able to heal themselves.

An interesting viewpoint. What makes you think invaders weren't supposed to be able to heal themselves? They could still use miracles, divine blessings, and humanity.

>waaah I don't like committing to attacks, I want to be able to hit them and immediately roll away
who gives a shit when you can just circle strafe almost every enemy in this game including bosses

the group ambushes aren't even hard when most of them can be stunlocked with 1 hit making them trivial but tedious

>Go google the Das2 bosses and read the list before you go around making retarded claims like that.

i played the fucking game you mong, most of them are just big humans with big weapons, the rest are shit gimmicks except maybe the DLC ones that are average at best

>it's different and therefore bad
How is it good when most encounters and "hard" parts just ambushes. the shitty bland environments and floaty movement doesn't make it any better to trudge through either

>Benhart and Lucatiel are fucking badasses, dunno what you're on about.
as badass as my dog who has more personality than both of them and every character in this game combined

it's just a shit and mediocre souls game

>das2
Can you read?

>A "what's wrong with dark souls 3 thread" turns into a thread bitching about dark souls 2

A better question is what went wrong in your lives. A lot to think about. Maybe if you treated Dark Souls 2 like Dark Souls 2 and not Dark Souls 1, you would understand why it's good.

or it's actually shit because it's fucking shit

now you cna start going full autist mode defending every aspect of the game

its not even a fucking sequel to 1, it's a giant disappointment

DaS2 was mediocre.
SotFS is extremely overrated.
Appeal to popularity fails is when it's still less popular than the other games.

>>complains about lifegems and extols DaS's perfect healing system
People have already explained why lifegems are bad and easily abusable system.

sotfs isn't even that good of a remake, just changed the enemy placements and put in the DLC, you can tell they didn't even enjoy making this shit title, everything feels so phoned in and bad compared to the rest of the souls games

Because no expected Dark Souls 1 to get as popular as it did, and dozens of critics that were saying "it's hard just to be hard, fuck that game" flip-flopped like bitches when 2 was coming out to pander to the growing fanbase when it was obvious there was a franchise happening.

Miracles I can concede, because those require a certain build, but why would they lock away your main source of healing (estus), if they were suppose to heal?

Divine blessings were also a limited supply as far as I remember, but I might be wrong about that.

>What went so wrong?
Your mother deciding not to abort.

>its not even a fucking sequel to 1
lmao

that delusion

Invaders are stronger and more experienced than the players going through the areas they invade on average. The host has more dangers to deal with already, invaders are supposed to be a heavy nuisance, not duelists in balanced matches. Red signs and arena are for that.

It's more of a King's Field 5 than a Dark Souls 2

>no one can think of what's wrong with Dark Souls II
>everyone and their mother knows why Dark Souls II is bad and criticizes the apologists of the game
Hmmm.