No single player game made within the last 15 years has challenged me intellectually, philosophically or emotionally

No single player game made within the last 15 years has challenged me intellectually, philosophically or emotionally.

Have I become to redpilled for normie vidya?
Wheres the vidya that was designed & written by men who read socrates, locke, freud, darwin, aristotle, smith?

Every story written for every game in the last 15 years has followed a narrow, banal plotline you could predict the end of within one hours play.

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/341940/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Umineko.

>when you confuse books for video games and forget the whole point of the medium is the interaction aspects

true my dude. Books are where you find the real good stories.

On a fundamental gameplay isn't changing (same derivative style in every genre to cash in on the normie masses) and story is weaker than its ever been, I might just start reading novels to expand my mind.

I don't get why people always do that. MGS2 is as good as the depth goes and all it really is is a fun action game with memorable quotes and characters with some basic tier philosophy. That's what gaming's best at imo, just cool shit in general will do. The last of us was lame the way it tried to be groundbreaking but watching xiahou dun pull an arrow out of his eye in DW8 or hearing a villain monologue in MGS I think that's much better. Or the way bloodborne tells it's story and the souls games in general, but still it focuses on being awesome first. I do like BB a little more though.

Name all the games that satisfy your autism

agree. It changed how I look on things.

Who grot this is?

>I play games for the story

ISHYGDDT

The Honest Hearts expansion to Fallout New Vegas

>Read Socrates.
Lol shut up you pseudo-intellectual.

games are meant to be fun, not challenge you intellectually, philosophically, or emotionally.

They haven't made an Alex Jones video game yet.

store.steampowered.com/app/341940/

The world isn't ready for that.

The real bait here is your entry level pleb taste.

Who is the Rousseau of video games?

Says who?

>vidya
>story

Go read a book

Also modern vidya stories and shit because they emulated movies to much, but I wouldn't say last 15, more like last 10 years it's been shit.

That's not been my experience but I also play obscure shit and weeb games. A couple of Japanese games I've played over the years have had stories that have actually been something different and unique, but if you have no tolerance for weeb then it doesn't really apply.

I dunno, maybe stop playing video games and become a pretentious movie critic instead?

>tfw too intelligent for vidyer

>No single player game made within the last 15 years has challenged me intellectually, philosophically or emotionally.

why? Do I want to be some pretentious errant signal fan? I just wanna my fun vidyas without this crap