Sup Forums, quick. Remind me, what was that one route in Clannad where Okazaki keeps locking Sunohara in the bathroom?

Sup Forums, quick. Remind me, what was that one route in Clannad where Okazaki keeps locking Sunohara in the bathroom?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KwtCWaJ079I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I thought you niggas were experts on video games.

yeah video games, not baby books

>Trashing on a classic vn
off yourself my man

Guys halp meee

I just finished watching Clannad and Clannad After Story a few weeks back. Is it worth playing the VN and it's spin offs? Does the VN cover afterstory as well as the first season?

It covers everything and is far more fleshed out than the anime could ever be.

I actually watched the show years ago, and have been chipping away at the VN since then.

It's fun to see more Sunohara scenes and there are some routes that aren't covered in the show (Mainly a male route with a character unseen in the show), but the show honestly makes more sense. You see more of the characters from different routes interact with each other, which is fun.

But if Nagisa is the main girl, and you have to get all the "orbs of light" to progress to "After Story" in the game, why do all of those routes have Okazaki dating girls that aren't Nagisa or in some routes, flat out ignoring her? It might be a fun read, but DAMN is it long, and you'll think, "I already know what's gonna happen, and all of this was kinda executed better in the show"

But if you just want more Clannad content, then yes, play the game and note I haven't gotten to After Story yet, so I can't tell you about that.

Neat, is it worth paying the $50 on steam or should I just torrent. Also what about the 2 spins off VN's?

Personally I really like Clannad S1, and while S2 scope and idea was amazing, in execution it felt a bit rushed. I don't think they even showed the wedding it just happened between episodes. Kinda brought it down a bit.

Is the VN like this too or is it less rushed?

Clannad is $20 on steam right now. Go fucking get it, nigga!

USER WAS FIRED FOR THIS POST

It's $20 right now and that's the lowest it's ever been. I bought it at the $50 and enjoyed it immensely, but $20 is definitely worth.

That would make it the most expensive thing I've ever bought on steam though and it's not even a real video game. Will it really not go on sale for under $5 any time soon?

Might just torrent it.

I've read better love stories than Clannad from the Scholastic catalogue in primary school. Do yourself a favor and give it a miss.

What the fuck, if you love the show/character/story then you should pay any price for it, especially if it's so god damn cheap. Support the developers, faggot.

What good games can you possible have gotten for under $5?

To answer your question, though, the pacing for After Story is way WAY better in the visual novel. No, a wedding still isn't shown, but there's loads of other little things here and there to strengthen the relationship between Tomoya and Nagisa over the course of the whole thing.

It definitely doesn't feel rushed though and took me around a month to complete.

That would be 90% off, and it took this long just to reach 60% off. If you feel like torrenting it, you can. I know I did at first. But after experiencing it, I felt obligated to buy it because it was a story that I definitely felt was worth the price.

Thanks for that, I got the feeling while watching S1 that it was trying to adapt a whole lot of routes into a coherrent storyline.

Is there a Kyou route and a Mei route? I really liked those two. Also Nagisa's mother, Sanae was pretty interesting too.

Can anyone here say if After Story is more slower paced and drawn out?

Yes, there is a Kyou route. Kyou and Okazaki are so fucking good together, I totally think Okazaki should have got together with Kyou, but the developers seem to have a hard-on for Okazaki and Tomoyo. Though, I understand Okazaki and Nagisa, because they're like a "my better half" kinda thing and complement each other well

I have 373 games in my steam library and all but maybe 2-3 where bought for under $15, most under $10 or $5.

So not only do I have a huge backlog and I don't absolutely need to play Clannad right now, but I don't want to pay what could buy me 4-5 games next sale for it either.

Plus I literally just finsihed watching the anime so I'd rather wait a while until I forget details first before seeing the VN version.

Still no wedding scene? That's odd. But at least the rest is fleshed out. I really wanted to like After Story but the incredibly fast pacing kinda killed it a little bit. Still enjoyed it though.

I disagree with your point of it being executed better in the show. Shoehorning Nagisa into every route like that and ultimately watering down many routes in the show to focus more explicitly on her was not the pinnacle of "well executed."
And the pacing of After Story in the anime suffered because they still weren't done covering routes from the vn for like half of anime After Story whereas After Story in the vn is its own way more fleshed out experience.

Not saying Nagisa is bad, just that including her like that in everything kinda ruined the whole point of everything. At least Kyou and Tomoyo got their own OVAs, if a bit overly condensed.

Clannad sucked.

did you love the show? is 50 hours more not worth 20 dollars to you? if not, then youre a faggot

Can I play this on my Vita?

>Yes, there is a Kyou route.

Fantastic. I will definitely buy it just for this. Kyou a cute.

>Kyou and Okazaki are so fucking good together

Good taste my friend. She was best girl in the anime. She needs someone to bully her and Okazaki would be great with her since he's sorta reckless and plays jokes on people. Nagisa was too pure and good for Okazaki.

I was glad we at least got that one OVA bonus ep for After Story where Okazaki and Kyou got together, though half the ep was shared with Ryou as well, who isn't bad I guess.

Like I said, if Nagisa is the main girl, and you need to get all of the "Orbs of Light" by helping people to continue the route with the main girl, it doesn't make any sense that most of those routes have you get with and date girls that aren't that main girl. Like what the fuck

If I had a girlfriend, she wouldn't think it was chill if I was like, "Hang on, honey, I gotta date like five other girls and hang out with a guy who has cancer, then after I've done that, we'll live happily ever after"

Alright lad calm down, if there is a Kyou route I will definitely buy it for her. I didn't know it had a whole Kyou route before since I assumed it only had the Nagisa, Kotomi, Fuko and Tomoyo routes like in the show.

BTW are these two sequels worth it as well?

Nigga, Kyou is one of the MAIN girls. She is in the opening movie for christ sakes.

I don't know if you picked up on this aspect of Clannad, but the whole thing it thrives on is the concept of "another world."
Naturally, it uses this as an excuse to make each iteration of Tomoya a Tomoya striving to achieve happiness in one of these "other worlds" eventually culminating all of the accomplished happiness in the form of giving Tomoya a better life at the end of After Story.

I could understand if you didn't gather that much from the anime, but the vn explains it at various points. Sure, maybe it's a copout for the whole plot, but that's what it is.

>And the pacing of After Story in the anime suffered because they still weren't done covering routes from the vn for like half of anime After Story whereas After Story in the vn is its own way more fleshed out experience.

This is what I wanted to hear. After Story anime was one of the most condensed and fast paced animes I've ever watched. I really want a more drawn out version. If the VN has that and a Kyou route I will get it. Thanks user.

>but the whole thing it thrives on is the concept of "another world."

Okay, I guess I never saw this because I'm fucking retarded.

>fuko route
this shit still gets to me.

Side Stories is basically just more backstory for characters who maybe didn't get a lot of attention initially, and Tomoyo After is basically Tomoyo's After Story. Also it's fucking depressing. I don't remember if this version of it has the added happy ending or not, though.

Yeah but in the anime, aside from that subplot with her helping Ryou to go out with Okazaki, she didn't really do anything for herself. She was just tagging along and being best girl doing nothing.

Wasted character to be honest. And she was barely even in Afterstory outside of a few episodes.

>Most of her route is her painstakingly setting Tomoya up with Ryou because she doesn't want to hurt her sister
>But she pretty much can't help her own attraction to him regardless which just hurts her more
>So she tries to stay out of it and break off any ties, shouldering the burden of her pain alone for the sake of them
Truly, she is best girl. Such a caring soul.

cmon dude. she obviously had a thing for him, too. then when tomoya picks nagisa, shes crying for more than just her sister. the arc may be about ryou, but shes so flat. in terms of character development, it was kyou focused

It's like the whole fucking time, Ryou is this "literally who" and Kyou is totally cool with Okizaki and Sunohara. She's like a total bro, but with a feminine charm. The whole time you're like, "Okizaki, you should be with Kyou, not Ryou rrrreeeee"

It's great because that's literally what Sunohara says at one point. He's the proxy for the reader at many points and I love that.

I picked up that she liked him, that scene in the equipment shed made that obvious. It's just that the anime didn't really do to much with it, or with her aside from that. S1 was pretty well paced though and I had no problem with it, since it was about Nagisa, I just didn't realize she had her whole route in the VN because from the show it didn't seem like she got as much attention as the other girls where they all had a few eps based just around them. That whole thing with Kyou secretly being in love in Okazaki was only show in the AfterStory ova so I didn't even know that until later on. I just thought Kyou liked Okazaki because her sister liked him, before we see Ryou crushing for Okazaki Kyou was always bitchy and rude towards Okazaki.

Yeah, been a while since I watched the show, but Kyou is introduced in the show by throwing a book at Okizaki for "bullying" her sister, but in the game she literally just shows up and is like, "Hey, Okizaki and Sunohara! Remember when we were in the same class together last year and were friends, like we are still friends now?"

So, there's that

youtube.com/watch?v=KwtCWaJ079I
Don't shitpost to coworkers guys

I pretty much just play Clannad for Sunohara at this point. When Sunohara isn't on screen or somewhere I just ask, "Where's Sunohara?!"

I kinda hate how Okizaki ignores Sunohara when a girl is interested in him though. It kinda gives off a message like, "Male friends are worthless as soon as you find a girlfriend." or, "If you don't get a girlfriend, it's a literal bad end to your entire life."

Like, if you reject Ryou, Okizaki gives this awesome speech like, "Why the fuck should I feel obligated to date you? I barely know you! You can't just act all sorry and sad and cry about it and expect me to date you out of sympathy. Starting a relationship like that is doomed to fail." and I was like, "Fuck yeah, Okizaki!" then 5 seconds later the game is like "BAD END FUCK YOU."

Ah that sounds better. In the show the first few things she does is throw books, hold him up against a wall then run him over with her scooter. She doesn't start being nice until Ryou gets a crush. So I thought she was just being nice to him for her sisters sake, and then by the end of S1 warmed up to him.

It was only until I watched the Kyou After Story ova, and that other prequel ova for After Story that I realized Kyou liked him, but I watched that over a month after I watched S1.