Let's talk about some games that never really get their well deserved spot in the sun around here

Let's talk about some games that never really get their well deserved spot in the sun around here

if that turning animation didn't get you rock solid the first time you played the game get outta my face

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oU3MXkZ0cB4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

surely someone in this board still talks about video games. asking /vr/ about crusader of centy is far too easy

I've never heard of that one, but I just picked this up and never saw Sup Forums talking about it.

It's pretty fun, I don't why it's got such poor ratings.

well at least I'm not alone in a sinking ship for once. Can't say I heard of your game either user, but I posted Crusader of Centy / Soleil, an action RP on the genesis with a pretty retarded story and great gameplay using animal helpers for power ups

Didnt you make a thread about this couple hours ago

Yes I did, but it died pretty quickly while I was out, and didn't wanna shit up the board.

not the other user but I know that feeling. you either start posting console war shit or bait as anything else will get you no discussion whatsoever

You're right, I should have started with something like "This would have been better on xbox" and gotten my 6 hour 460+ reply thread

Your game sucks, though.

You suck.

Seriously though, why is it bad? I'm having fun with it so far, but I'm early on. Does it turn into a grind fest or is it short or what?

god I really wanna give that game a shot but I'm always too lazy to download it. Can I run this through dosbox on a 3DS?

You can do whatever you want man, don't let anybody tell you otherwise.

I got about half way through it years ago and I enjoyed it too. Turning into a bigass Knight is fun.

the front page is dead, user

that's why it's dead in here

It's not about wether or not I should, but wether or not a 3DS can actually handle emulating DOS and running the game in it

This is my favorite game on the Vita.
I've seen maybe two threads about it.

Thanks for reminding me Soliel/Crusader of Centy exists. I was looking for something to replay recently and I think this'll take that spot just fine.

This or Beyond Oasis anyway.

Check out /vitagen/ over on /vg/

I played the fuck out of that and Toukiden when I got my vita, and loved the shit out of them

>beyond oasis

Sega kid here, Centy, Landstalker and Beyond Oasis were my Zeldas. I got around to plays LTTP later and it didn't stack up to any of those, especially Centy which is off the fucking walls.
Like I'll try to recount the events;

>Start off as some bitch kid who gets a sword on his birthday
>Go to see your king about a quest, a bigger stronger and more well known dude named Amon is already well on his way towards his quest while bitch ass you with your dumb hat is just starting
>he's off on some important shit while you lug your ass around learning how to swing a sword
>later just as you're beginning to get somewhere a witch turns your ass into a fucking animal who can't talk to anything but other animals you encountered before
>in some dank ass forest DICK ass Amon encounters you and tries to kick your ass not even knowing it's you (as a kid I got stuck on this part for a year I think)
>the curse of being turned into an animal actually becomes a theme in the game, you can recruit animal friends and combine them to do different cool shit
This game's fucking sick. It throws some fucked up shit at you and is great overall.

the last few segments came out of bloody nowhere. they all seem so out of place I feel like there's a hole in my brain so I'm planning to revisit the game and clear up the loose ends

why the fuck did you have to enter the monster mother to ascend into the cave that holds the universe itself anyway?

My favourite game on the Vita was Oreshika.

It's on my backlog with Landstalker and Beyond Oasis

I hear the American translation for BO completely scrapped the original Japanese story though

Great taste.

There was lots of talk about it in vitagen for a month then it disappeared almost completely. Still some weaslegirl though.

I was meaning to play that some time ago and was just thinking of it today but couldn't remember the name, thanks OP.

Is Beyond Oasis related to Warriors of Oasis on the Game Gear in any way? I loved that shit, even if it was a pretty barebones turn based RPG.

I tried Oreshika but never quite got into it. I think the unit death stressed me out too much. I was never sure enough that I was spending my time wisely and it felt like I could never get away from the death. As soon as I had fully recovered from the loss somebody else would show signs of age. I eventually got the feeling that that was just how the game was supposed to go.

>made my avatar a black maid girl
>avatar literally just stands in the back and does jack shit 99% of the time

I never knew it would be this way but it's fucking hilarious

Love me dat music, yo

youtube.com/watch?v=oU3MXkZ0cB4

>Trying to figure out what game you are talking about
>Dig online and see it was called Crusader of Centy in America, but still Soleil here in Europe

Huh, something learned every day I suppose.

Never got to play it though, was in GAME as a kid and had it in my left hand and Shining Force 2 in my right with enough money for one....went with SF2.

Beyond Oasis/Story of Thor was amazing though, I was the same and never played ALttP till years later and didn't amaze me as much as SoT did. Really need to crack out my Saturn and finish the sequel.

>fundamentally broken gameplay
>unengaging story
>boring world

gee, I wonder why people didn't like it

bumperino

Don't compare it to monster hunters.

What makes this game stand out to you? I'm mildly interested.

>that turning animation
Spot on.

It's way more like Phantasy Star Online than Monster Hunter.

Best jrpg on playstation 2 with probably the deepest combat system and nobody fucking played it

Its amazing really

I would never compare it to Monster Hunter, MH is a graphically superior game and still manages to not hit single digit framerates. FF explorers is unplayable shit. Fantasy Life wasn't amazing but at least it worked.

Fuck yeah, Romancing Saga.

But to be honest, the only reason i've played the PS2 game is because the fan translations for SNES games are usually utter shit.

WKC2 fixed a lot of the problems of 1, but the online died which was the only fun part. The story mode is awful.