DOA or is there hope? Besides the art direction anyway

DOA or is there hope? Besides the art direction anyway.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TBTa33dCmMM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what ever happened from that daemon from DoW1?

The one you fight at the Chaos SM fortress? I assume he just fucked off back to the void.

It came back at the end of the Retribution expansion for DoW2 where it possessed the chapter master and you had to blow him up with orbital bombardment.

This game better fucking do well, because Relic basically said "we'll put in IG if it does" instead of just putting it in at the start.

DoA

Its SC2 but worse

>no necrons

Necrons is what got me interested in DoW in the first place. I saw the box at BestBuy and thought they looked cool. Their green ray guns and their metallic skelington looks was just so appealing to me that I had to buy it.

My second favorite was Imperial Guard.

This game has non of that, and it looks like League of Legends.

IG?

Imperial Guard, user. They've never been in any of the DoW games at release, they're always expansion stuff despite their popularity.

Imperial Guard

Is it true that Space Marines don't have a Land Raider?

ah, okay. 2 was kind of strange for me, so I never got around to finishing it. I liked some of the ideas, but didn't favor the low squad number and lack of base/tech building. still on my backlog though.
just replayed 1 vanilla and man I just want another entry like that.

We don't know, we barely know anything about the game other than it's apparently coming out this year.

2 wasn't an RTS, it was a squad-based rpg essentially, and it does it well, but man that's such a disconnect from the first game.

>not more ork skulls than human skulls filling in the background

DOA. I've got an obscene amount of time on DoW1 over all the expansions, and even still managed to rack up 200 hours on DoW2 and all expansions, as shitty as that was, and I can't even bring myself to watch the gameplay videos for DoW3 they've put out. I get a couple minutes in and then turn it off.

To be fair the RTS genre is almost entirely dead too. The only good (Read: fun) RTS I've played in years if you discount Paradox games is Offworld Trading Company. Even the new Homeworld game which is by any measure a pretty good addition to Homeworld wasn't worth half a shit and I dropped it after mission 4 or 5.

ded genre
ded gaem

>MFW the modding for Dawn of War 1 from the first one all the way to soul storm
>MFW Endless war mod
>Ultimate Apocalypse
>added Nids race
>Additional units
>Triarch units for the Necrons

God I'm gonna go play it right now.

Ya the base game was fairly disappointing, sort of like Company of Heroes but everything is slower with some RPG elements thrown in. The Chaos expansion was more of the same but with some neat campaign mechanics.

I really liked the Retribution expansion, the campaign especially was quite fun with how broken you could make your core characters. But still very different from the first game.

From the videos that have been released it seems much more like the first game, with base building and larger armies. But without the terrible path finding I hope.

>another autism thread
its sad at this point

>From the videos that have been released it seems much more like the first game, with base building and larger armies. But without the terrible path finding I hope.

They specifically said they want to go for big armies like the first game but with rpg strength hero units as well like 2. So like all Relic games, it's going to be unbalanced as fuck.

What even is the point of big armies when 2/3 of the starting races do not use big numbers in battle.

Because big armies was what everyone liked about DoW1

>it does it well, but man that's such a disconnect from the first game.
I think that's just the biggest problem I have trying to get into it.
funny enough, I actually loved CoH1.

What I liked was the capability to customize the units with various responses for various situations. At least when playing SMs, CSMs, Orks. That and specific counters for specific situations
Not mere numbers.

Though Orks, IG, do lend themselves to big armies, and that can be fun.

Eldars definitely should not have a lot of units on the map. SMs either.

That's honestly might be a way to make an interesting 40k rts, with the numerous factions obviously gaining more from good macro and the sparse factions having to rely on micro. Balance macro vs micro and you have a 40k rts.

>funny enough, I actually loved CoH1.
Oh ya me too, but it didn't have the same appeal to me in a Warhammer game.

Well I always played IG, and their whole strategy was "just keep building more Guardsman, that should hold them off until you can get vehicles on the field"

and extremely accentuate the difference.

How can they not even add Chaos SM to vanilla?

And yet you could customise them to provide a proper response to a given situation. Though the combo of execute a guardsman then refill the ranks lead to crazy shit.

Actually what I wanted of DoW3.

Don't worry, Chaos is definitely the cause. Somehow.

I mean as a playable faction. I would be fine with 4 playable races at the start, but only 3? In a setting that has like 12?

That's because CoH1 was amazing, DoW2 should've just been CoH:40k instead of whatever it is they tried to do with it.

Honestly they should even make the space marine overpowered and give them exterminatus to wreck macro players and have a massive 100% accurate galactic battlefield so the other factions can try to gang up and shit on them because grim dark.

If there's a 4th faction is definitively going to be Necrons, when the game was announced they said that Gabriel would fight an enemy he has never fought before, which boils it down to Necrons and Dark Eldar, and from the little that we know about the campaign and story, Necrons would fit better.

But it's more likely that they are just going to be a surprise boss battle at the end again like in winter assault.

it just doesn't fit, but I'm just surprised it kills my motivation to play 2 so much.

Day 1 DLC or preorder bonus

My guess would be that its meant to be a test to see if people bite and DOW 3 sells. If it does, they will be the first added. Since SMs already are in game. Especially if the campaign has them.

On the other hand, since every faction will play the same, I don't see the point of demanding more playable races.

If it's IG, I will actively pre-order it. But it won't be, it's always expansion 1.

DoW2 was good as it was, and Retribution made it better.

And if a faction conquers the galaxy they get a day long rape fest before tyranid players get to kill everything before the reset.

>DOA or is there hope?

I don't know, nothing about this game makes me want to play it, i loved DoW 1 and DoW2 but this just looks, i don't know, dull and boring. Also it annoys me that in every battle there's a million FX playing from shooting, to explosions even the fucking swings from melee units are accompanied by giant trails of energy and i can't tell what the fuck is going on.

Aren't the Tyranid running from something outside the galaxy though?

Im with this user. Loved DoW and its expansions, got me into 40K, have almost 1000 hours in Retribution alone.
But DoW3 just looks appalling, horrifying, nonsensical. I cant even begin to decipher the fucking terrible decisions and choices that were made. Everything about it looks awful and its extremely saddening.

Nothing is proven. And even then, 40k will never go farther than the galaxy.

Age of Guilliman might be different

No one knows anything. That's just an in universe theory.

Never proven, just a theory. Another theory is they devoured everything in the last galaxy they were in so now they're just moving on.

I mean I'll PLAY it, I'll give it a chance? But I have no idea if it'll actually be good or if the alpha footage is the same as the final release.

>NO SYNC KILLS
>dumb shield bubbles instead of either of the previous cover systems that worked just fine
>tall grass straight out of league of legends because reasons
>shitty VAs
>flipping terminators
>pastel and blurry graphics instead of gritty and sharp
>focus on esports viability
it's doomed because it has none of the charms of the other two

Its funny how 40k lore spreads around the fringe fans sometimes. Its like chinese whispers.

This, i'll play it, but if there's no modding i wont even buy it.

Sounds like the Vasari from Sins of a Solar Empire.

just play ultimate apocalypse, they'll back port anything worthwhile

40k basically runs on "whatever shit you make up for lore is canon until GW ruins your theory with shit canon"

>tfw Sins 2 never because dead genre

>NO SYNC KILLS
good?
>dumb shield bubbles instead of either of the previous cover systems that worked just fine
sounds like DoW1. How would you utilise any other implementation of cover with large armies

The last 2 had modding, so I don't see why this wouldn't. Especially since Relic pretty much relies on the modding community to bugfix their games.

Devs are releasing (have released? I'm not sure) a new patch. And the modding community for it is still very alive.

But it is still sad.

>sounds like DoW1. How would you utilise any other implementation of cover with large armies
The same way DoW did it

Dawn of War 2 had modding against all odds though, Relic didn't provide jack shit for modding except for a map maker, the community had to make their own tools to mod DoW2, and the only reason we could get custom models into the game was because of 1 guy who made scripts to import and export models.

And the reason why they never helped became really obvious when they started selling skins as DLC.

t. no clue how DoW1 cover works

This, they should've just kept the cover system from DoW1, hell, they could've even kept the whole "artillery and the like creates craters that you can use as medium cover" from CoH and DoW2.

Instead we have this retarded looking capturable bubble cover nonsense.

what's so deep about areas with damage/movement modifiers?

Dunno why, that cover looks retard. Nothing bleak, creep and nightmarish comes from it.

>NO SYNC KILLS
I love seeing this complaint, because it allows me to instantly know the individual is a scrub who only played singleplayer/campaign mode.

peopel called DOW 2 doa because it was awful single player / comp AI but if you go online it was actually a fantastic game. so im going to give it a chance

my experience with Sup Forums and rts games is they are actually really casual and are looking for a good single player game with good AI. most are too afraid to quenue online or are just not looking for that in their rts

Says the guy playing retail DoW pvp

They need to go way more grimdark, grimdark sells. I could see a dead space marine and a dead eldar lying next to each other almost in an embrace surrounded by ork skulls with some punctuating human skulls and that might be sufficiently absurd.

>Says the guy playing one of the games we're talking about
Yeah sure showed me.

What is the plot for this anyways? How can they have a plot with no Chaos?

Well the SM Orks and Eldar have legit reasons to kill each other even without the chaos around

But with Macha and Angelos involved there is always Chaos.

DOW 2 online was a fucking shit show though because they balanced it around 3v3, which to them means they didn't balance and expected every flaw to be covered by another faction.
Modded DOW 2 online with better balance was great though.

Between the visuals and the voice acting, the presentation is already fucked. The gameplay doesn't fare much better. At least not enough to be a saving grace.

thats not my experience with playing 1v1s, the only real issue was that 40% of the units for every race were useless and not even "situationaly good"

An Autarch of Biel Tan wants an Eldar super weapon back so he sends Macha to get it, the Space Marines found it and they don't want to give it to the Eldar, Gabriel tells Macha she is a retard and that the weapon will only invite death and shit.

The Orks are there doing things, looks like they are being manipulated by Ronan, no doubt Taldeer and her brother have a different objective from Macha and the Autarch.

Or in other words, the weapon is Necron in origin and the Autarch isn't who the Eldar think he is and the moment he touches the weapon the Necrons are going to phase in and murder everyone.

I know this because the Relic dev let it slip that there's a prophecy about a planet that is going to show up in the sector, the only ones who can do that kind of thing are either Chaos or Necrons, and we know that Gabriel is facing an enemy he hasn't fought before, so, Necrons.

Also if you look at the Ork mission playthrough, the Eldar Vault where that Autarch set up base looks very necrony.

I saw an interview with one of the devs. They seem to be more interested in "new players", which means they want the moba audience.

DOA

I'm not seeing it take off, considering even SC2 is dying and Brood War is back.

On the other I just don't like this one, I loved both DoW1 and DoW2 for different reasons.

Necrons as hidden faction confirmed.

Sounds pretty cool, actually. Autarch is the Deceiver, or how does that work with nucrons, a Lord using Deceiver-aligned powers?

I think it's more likely that they are going to be a boss battle again, this is Sega so they might also be PRE ORDER DEE EL CEE

It could be the Deceiver, but since the Necrons and C'tan are enemies now(with some rare exceptions), and since DoW 3 is introducing named characters from the lore(like Phoenix Lord Jain Zar) then if there's a candidate for being the Autarch it's Trazyn.

But the Autarch not being the Autarch is just a guess, maybe he is just being manipulated, or he got tricked.

>Necrons as the 4th faction
This would honestly be a very big, very pleasant surprise, even if it does come at the cost of no Chaos. On the bad side though, now I feel bad for having it spoiled and not finding it out for myself in-game and shitting my pants at the reveal.

Well, so far every DoW game has had a different 4th faction. In DoW 1 you had Space Marines, Eldar, Orks and Chaos, in DoW2 you had Space Marines, Eldar, Ork and Tyranids, in DoW3 we have Space Marines, Eldar, Orks and ???.

It would make sense if Necrons are a 4th faction, Dark Eldar would be nice too, but from what we have been told about the game's story i don't think they fit.

youtube.com/watch?v=TBTa33dCmMM

>all the cinematics and art about the game look amazing
>and then you look at the game

This wouldn't look bad if shadows didn't look so bad. I don't mind the models at all, looks very tabletop-y.

I think the terrain and environments are what looks the worst.

Units look good but that background is pure shit

I think the Eldar look fine because the art style fits them, and for some reason the Orks actually look like they are supposed to look. But the Space marines just look wrong.

Look fine to me. The knight looks good, though I never liked those. The only thing that looks bad to me on this screenshots are lava and chains on the background.

Eldar really should be one of those fourth factions, the core three clearly should be SM, Orks and Chaos.
Fucking relic

>the core should be Space Marines, Spiky Space Marines and an actually different faction
Mon-keigh, please.

Really the story could involve any factions, it's just that Relic is obsessed with the "Space marines respond to Orks, but turns out the Eldar are doing something in the background, stop the Eldar, OH NO! Turns out the Eldar were trying to stop [insert 4th faction here]"

It would be nice if the shadows would be affected by the muzzle flashes or at least the large blasts.

It's Sega.

>Chaos will be DLC
>Necrons will be DLC
>Nids will be DLC
etc etc

If I didn't know it's 40k, I could easily mistake this for some kind of new League of Legends game mode.

I just realized the a good portion of the surviving AA strategy franchises are owned by Sega. How the fuck did this happen?

They already had Creative Assembly and they bought Relic and their franchises when THQ went under.

The what.

Yeah, it would be nice to see this stop happening over and over. It's literally the plot to DoW1, Winter Assault, and DoW2

Sega owns total war, company of heroes and dawn of war.

Oh AA as in double A, not an acronym.