So this pretty much confirms we'll be getting all the other Atelier games on PC, right?

So this pretty much confirms we'll be getting all the other Atelier games on PC, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamspy.com/search.php?s=neptunia
steamcommunity.com/app/527270/discussions/0/133256689834141198/
youtube.com/watch?v=iFD6IQJDCCo
psp2roundup.blogspot.be/2015/11/vita-sales-flat-on-atelier-sophie-and.html
steamcommunity.com/app/527270/discussions/0/133256240744042389/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Buy bad game so they port the good ones
How many times has this worked?

I want Blue Reflection on PC.

It seemed to work for consoles.

I only saw compile porting their old games to PC since they liked it. Don`t get your hopes that Koei will port their old games, I would like to be wrong but I doubt it, though we can expect Koei releasing games at the same time their console versions.

Or we could all stop the "u jelly of my exclusives!" "ha you lost your exclusive!" cycle and just admit these games are garbage.

Naturally, it's their main audience after all.

whats the best game from this series anyway?

Mana Khemia 1

they seem pretty nice but i would assume you would have to like jrpgs to enjoy them

i do wish all console shitposting would end, but i know it never will

>you hear a whoosh coming from an indistinguishable distance above

What's the best game that isn't ancient?

You'll probably get it too NoA seems to be doing alright as well at 13k. Gust now knows there's an audience on PC so there's no reason not to.

Earth Defense Force Insect Armageddon
Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
DMC3 PC port

It worked for Princess Maker.

atelier annie

Tales of Zestiria

To be fair

Its always the ones who lose exclusives who bitch first

When the bear is poked enough to retaliate, dont be surprised

Wtf u on about m8 we only have edf 4.1

>he thinks 5 won't come to PC
laffo

Atelier Rorona. Make sure to play the original, because they cut a lot of things from + version.

>left axis
>right axis
>bar graph

What the actual fuck is this?

the orange line is the price you dip

So apparently the answer is "all the time"

I aint saying that.

But you implied we already got another one. 4.1 as all we have atm

>+
>cut content

Do the japs suck at math or something

>DURR How do graphs work?
Go back to 5th grade

I hope youre joking becauss insect armageddon went to steam way earlirr than edf 4.1. Of course feel free to say it doesnt exist because it was made by a western studio.

Oh.

I had no idea.

Excuse me

>15k units in roughly 3 weeks

the porting cost alone hasn't even been made up yet.

>Release date 7 february
>3 weeks
>It's been one
Learn to shitpost you stupid fucking faggot. The port probably didn't even cost 50-100K it has made it back several times.

You can't confirm anything when KT are involved. Their incompetence and idiocy know no bounds.

He's lying to you.

Violet > all other atelier games

I hope they continue to port the newer ones. I fucking hate the way, for example, the Disgaea games are being ported from the oldest shit first and I appreciate that the Atelier series is getting the newest ones debuted on PC first. If they choose to release older Atelier games down the line, I'm perfectly fine with that.

We're already getting Firis, which is the new one that matters most. Porting from the oldest is necessary because people aren't going to want to deal with increasingly dated games.

wow you're upset

you've been able to preorder for a week now. that's why 3 weeks applies

fucking sad...no really. show me a game that was a sound success at 15k copies that wasn't made by one person?

Every other Compile Heart game. Nep spinoffs sell like shit, but they keep bringing in more Neptunia stuff.

>Buy a shit translation
>Get another game with a shit translation
Yep, that sure worked out.

They did end up fixing it.

Ayesha+ or Rorona+. Ayesha if you want plot, Rorona if you want slice of life. In neither case should you get the vanilla versions.

That and games like this always sold around 25-30k. Its niche as fuck.

steamspy.com/search.php?s=neptunia

the worst selling neptunia has approximately 45-50k sales

this game is a total flop. don't delude yourself pcuck

No they didn't. They fixed a few major fuckups, they've done nothing to rectify the entire script being a poorly written and sloppily edited ESL job with endless grammatical awkwardness and botched flag calls.

What if I want gameplay?

>game for ps3/ps4
>port ps3 version
why do they keep doing this? why do they keep getting away with it?

Ayesha+ and Rorona+ are both games with great gameplay. Rorona has better synthesis but worse combat, while Ayesha is the reverse.

>not wanting to play the games on a toaster

Atelier sells 2x to 3x what Neptunia does in Japan.

What, you don't like getting her married and then told she terrorized the countryside?

1. KT are retarded.
2. KT think that making the PC version on par with the PS4 version will kill their PS4 version sales.
3. KT are incompetent and did it without even intending to.

Pick one. Or all three.

They reach those numbers only after massive price cuts, usually they even get a 40-50% off at launch and can reach -75℅ in few months.

The worst selling Neptunia games are the vita spinoffs, namely Blanc Zonbies, Hyperdevotion Noire and so on. Check those out. Last time I checked Hyperdevotion Noire was 25k sales.

That said, reminder that these games have been out for years and longer. Atelier Sophie has barely been a month old. Did you forget that steam relies on slow burn sales rather than 1st week sale basis? It could sell well over 60k after a year and will still continue to sell.

I'll pick
>Sony told them they couldn't port the PS4

Atelier Firis doesn't have a PS3 version, so at least the next port CAN'T have lower quality assets

>I'll pick the retarded and completely implausible answer
Ok.

>15K sales at 30 bucks
That's pathetic.

>what are niche games

It has a vita version.

It sold 10 times that on consoles.

please no

I think this requires some perspective.
Its close to Toukiden 1's sale count on PC, and Toukiden 1 has been there for 2 years.
A late port of an Atelier game with lower quality assets has almost sold as much in 1 week as Toukiden did over the course of 2 years.

On the first week? Youd be delusional to think that uber weeb games like this break 100k sales regularly when 80k sales is already pushing it.

That's actually considered 'good' for CH. I seriously mean it.

KoeiTecmo has released a ton of their older games on steam. Look at their library it's large now.

The difference is that Sophie was playable while Toukiden was unplayable garbage that runs single digit fps.

All of those Neptunia games have been on Steam for longer than this game has, and CH also has a better history when it comes to port quality

Never mind that Sophie had no pre-purchase incentive and absolute garbage marketing. Just look at the Steam page.

So was Sophie, the difference is that Sophie tells you it's running at 60fps even though it isn't.

Toukiden also sold like absolute shit compared to the console versions. Don't delude yourself.
It's amazing that these are the horrible figures japanese developers can expect on PC. No wonder they only port old shit.

Yeah there's no real way to tell what the game is about or how it plays for the uneducated. The Steam page is fucking awful from a marketing perspective
Sophie actually does run at a consistent 60fps though. At no point does Sophie run into the single digits or anything close to it. I've run into zero framerate issues and zero stuttering while playing the game, and I've been playing Sophie at 4k, so its not as if I'm playing it with a light load either.

Firis and Toukiden 2 are old?

>Sophie actually does run at a consistent 60fps though.
Whatever you say, bro.
steamcommunity.com/app/527270/discussions/0/133256689834141198/

Sure, but for free : ^ )

They already announced Firis on Steam. Even before Sophie. youtube.com/watch?v=iFD6IQJDCCo

BR is yet to be announced for localization IIRC. They're probably going to port NoA2 though.

Toukiden 2 and Firis are announced on Steam on day one.

Yeah, in Japan.

It sold 25k on Vita.

All this tells me is that the person playing has a shitty processor.
Something below an i5 4690k, which is funny since the game page recommends and i7.

Its worth noting that that post was made before KT patched the game to not tell the CPU to do nothing, which before the patch, the game would tell the CPU to do so, thus arbitrarily showing a high CPU usage without actually utilizing the CPU for anything. The OP of that thread is a retard.

I have not experienced any problems whatsoever with regards to stuttering or framerate drops and my CPU reads about about 50% while playing this game and having a few tabs in Chrome open

Aren't options 1 and 3 basically the same thing?

Before anyone calls bullshit on this guys numbers
psp2roundup.blogspot.be/2015/11/vita-sales-flat-on-atelier-sophie-and.html

Also, as evidence to support my post:
steamcommunity.com/app/527270/discussions/0/133256240744042389/
>[Fixed by Koei Tecmo]
>100% used CPU, causes overheating
>Sluttering, framerate drops when 3D models are shown

I have i5 2500k and excluding fps drops in menus had stable 60fps during whole game. And I'm judging with my eyes, not with metres. I have no idea what that guy talking about.
>Inb4 human eye can't see 60fps

>Works on my machine :^)

See Stop being intentionally retarded

Fixing the idle wait doesn't fix the game's porting method causing it to overuse the CPU and underuse the GPU and falsely reporting the FPS.

Works on literally everyone's machines.

Hey, that's 450,000 dollaroos.

Pathetic, you can barely afford a pack of gum with that.

Just the Mysterious trilogy. You don't deserve Arland or Dusk.

the series honestly isnt that great so I don't care. Modern anime jrpgs are really shit. Everything feels like a glorified doujin game that they sell for full price. Why is everything just so low budget these days for jp games.

>40 hours in, getting toward the end of the game
It was worth it.

More like that's what they made with NoA sales combined after Steams cut and porting costs. Which is great honestly for a niche japanese game to make in the first week. I have no doubt we'll be seeing more japanese ports coming to PC.

Reminder that Jap devs hire cheap as fuck korean and filipino animators. Half a million dollaroos is good enough to satisfy the big wigs of this project.

>pc gets the worst JRPG games while PS4 takes one of the best from PC and update it to a superior version

But seriously, why the fuck are you guys pretending atelier or nep garbage is good? Like lets get past all this exclusive bullshit and realise those games have nothing to offer besides waifu pandering.

modern jrpgs are trash, what do you expect.

>posts waifu pandering trash

It's the opposite user. They only needed 5K copies to break even at this price.

Kind of related, but another game published by KT got it worse. One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 got a PS4, PS3 and Vita version along the PC one, PC version was a Vita Port, literally the worst version.

It sold 1500 copies on Vita. That's 10 times less. Yet KT still support that dead handheld.