Buy for honor thinking it's going to be a multiplayer only game

>buy for honor thinking it's going to be a multiplayer only game
>it has a story mode
>it's actually good

Overwatch could learn from this.

the astroturfing for this game is fucking retarded and obvious

Overwatch story mode would be so fucking weird.

A classic campaign would definitely be weird and feel out of place. But what if they copied BF1?

Not if it was a story mode that followed a few of the characters with appearances or cameos from others.

I don't think the same style would work because Overwatch is a more teamwork based game.
Rainbow 6 could have had a proper campaign rather than those scenarios

what if people keep making these threads because they know it triggers autists?

It doesn't have to be focused on securing a payload/capturing objectives. Knowing a character's backstory while killing hoards of enemies would be enough for me.

Technically they're already doing this, but releasing a video every few months is a lot cheaper and easier than developing a full SP mode.

>tfw blizz will never do it because they're phisically incapable of doing anything that isn't focused on co-op/multiplayer

I guess it could work if designed really well but Blizzard doesn't have the ability to design something truly unique anymore

>but releasing a video every few months is a lot cheaper and easier than developing a full SP mode.
Actually I think it takes A LOT of effort and money doing all those short videos, but they rather work on creating those videos so it will create hype and bring in more player than actually working on the game.
That's how Blizzard does things now, 95% focus on PR and videos and the rest 5% on the actual game.

You talking bout dark soul?

The campaign works very well as an extended tutorial, if you play along with what it intends for you to do. It's too bad you can cheese every fight by abusing the AI aggro range and spamming abilities. I think the game suffers from a lack of real play testing where people try to break the rules, it doesn't feel like they had anyone try to break the rules, the illusion of well structured fights is paper thin.

I really like the videos. The universe is interesting, and the art style is fantastic IMO. I just have zero interest in the actual game.
It seems like there's a good story to be told in Overwatch, it's just that the universe is burdened by being told through Team Fortress Blizzard Edition.

Campaigns are a waste of time.
They never tell a good story, they never tell anything, they are 5 hour long displays of terrible AI telling a terrible story.
No, filthy shill, your flavor of the month game is not good.

Except it's online only even for the singleplayer

I know I was surprised there was the slightest modicum of effort as well op. It was still shit.

I don't know why I bought it I hated the closed beta. Good thing steam has refunds now. Based valve

>60 bucks for a game who's playerbase will dry up to meta-gaming retards only a 2 weeks
No thanks

This is the only problem I have with the game. It's a shame that the community will always bring a good game to the ground. Competitive gaming was a mistake.

>what if we were pretending to astroturf to piss people off!

Ironic marketing is still marketing and saying "triggered" is the new "epic fail".

Not only that, but it's a competitive game directed toward "normies", who can't deal with losing which is why every For Honor thread on Sup Forums is about complaining why character X is overpowered and bullshit.

I'm much more happy with OW costing $40 than having a very, very shitty campaign story and dialogue like For Honor.

Another thing OW does better is making loot boxes purely cosmetic. Whereas the loot that you can pay real money to "scavange" gives you stat boosts.

But you can even ride horses in the game.

fpbp

the story was a fucking joke, don't kid yourself. I ran through it in 2 hours on realistic.

It's not about normies or whatever. The whole culture of competitive gaming is evil from their root. It's the culture that pushes people to play like lunatics just to get the satisfaction of beating someone. To strip all content and all the fun you can have just so you can get a better percentage of winning.

When the competitive scene was limited to lan parties and local championships people at least could try to maintain it healthy but when it all became online it became a trainwreck.

Also, it attracts normies because everyone likes to win. Some people like good stories, other good gameplay and other even the graphics but everyone loves to win.